Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ the battles for Sandy ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Man, I'm fresh from a freelance tournament that happened over the weekend and man those guys were cool. I expected more to happen, but hey, it was just freelance. The judges were from EB Games too. Anyway, it's time for the singles battle that you peeps have been waiting for, so sit back and enjoy.
 
"Okay everyone, we're gonna take thrity minutes and after that, we'll continue the first round, so enjoy yourselves and take a break from the floor."
 
With this announcement, the gang took their break. "Man, I'm glad we got a break." said Hamtaro. "I'm ready for one."
"Man, those guys were no easy task." said Dexter, "but Pashmina and I pulled through and are still around."
"I can't believe I failed the first song, that's so totally wrong." whined Sandy.
"Don't be a sore loser, it was fair and square." said Cappy.
Yeah, qut friggen crying. thought Penelope.
"Well, I may not be able to go on any further, but I'm still gonna root for you guys." said Pepper.
"Me too." added Oxnard.
"See, despite this minor setback, your friendship still holds, like it should." said Jam.
"Man, the singles competitors are playing for keeps now, it's too bad that many of them lose." said Boss.
"Yeah, they need to relax." added Hamina.
"So, where's Max at you three?" Jam asked.
"You know, after he crossed eyes with Yami, I didn't see him since." said Howdy.
 
Maxwell sat at his own table, sipping on a shake. Suddenly, Yami sits across from him. "I must say, you've gotten a lot better since the last time I saw you perform." Yami said. Maxwell gave no response, he just continued enjoying his shake. "And here, I thought you would be hurt from battling your friend, but I see I was far from right." Still, no response from Maxwell. Yami decided to get into Maxwell's head now. "Anyway, after Sandy left with me and you and your friends left, we had the best passionate breeding that lovers can have. Sure Sandy's cries for uki were soft and high pitched, but it was great for both of us. If you only knew how-"
"Enough!" Maxwell yelled and glared Yami down.
"Now that I have your attention, we can cut to the chase. Don't expect to get any mercy from me, I will take you down."
"Why don't you go wank in the bathroom from those obvious wet dreams of Sandy you're having?"
"No matter, after you've been beaten, Sandy will be mine for the pleasure of uki."
"You'll never have Sandy, not on my watch you won't."
"Well then, after the break, show me how much of her honor you're willing to fight for...." and with those words, Yami left Maxwell to his shake.
I didn't pull an all-nighter for nothing, Yami. Maxwell thought as he continued to enjoy his shake. I did it for three reasons: 1) To show the hams that I know how to fend for myself on the floor. 2) Because of a promise I gave to Sandy. And most importantly, 3) So I can prove that all your dissing me is jusst fluke talk. You'll soon understand that I'm not the joke you take me as, and when you finally realize this, it'll be too late for you to defend againsst my floorrunning assault. Tic, tock, the Tic Tock Clock. Time's running out for Ya-mi!
 
"There you are Max, you all right man?" Jam asked.
"Just had to tell off a certain egotist of a ham, nothing serious." Maxwell answered.
"I see."
"Jam, don't get me wrong or anything, but I've learned that certain things I must do on my own.... this is one of them. I want to thank you for being tough on me, it worked and helped."
"That was your dedication that saw you through to where you are now. Remember that as long as you enjoy yourself, you have nothing to worry about. Just give it your all."
"Don't worry, I will. Gotta go, watch over me, buddy."
And off Maxwell ran. "On my watch, no harm comes to anyone....."
 
once the break was over the last bits of the first round continued. Yami stood on the floor waiting for Maxwell to show up. If he doesn't get here within the next ten seconds, he'll be DQed. he thought.
Maxwell shoed up on time, "I really wish there was a closer bathroom. I almost left without washing my paws, but I took the extra time to do so." he said.
"Well at least you showed up." said Yami. "Now it's time for you to fall."
"Sorry, but this time, I'm not losing to you."
"We shall see."
It's time to show you what I've learned from going at it all night....
 
Noah and Dandy Lion were nearby watching this, as were Boss and Hamina. Everything was set up. The mode was on heavy, speed x2, the first song turned out to be The Least 100 sec. and the hams shook with what seemed like an iron grip. As the song began, it was fast and Maxwell had to readjust his pace to keep up with it, Yami was doing well. It's the first match and you're already having problems? It's already over.... he thought.
Focus, Maxwell, remember why you're here... Maxwell thought to himself.
"Do you really think Maxwell can win?" asked Dandy Lion.
"Not a chance," Noah answered, "I just don't see it."
"Maybe you need to open your eyes, Noah."
Noah turned to see Boss. "My vision's fine."
"Just remember who showed us the ropes."
I know 'The One' has trained all of you, but this one needs more training.
 
"Well, this is an improvement from that lousy start you had." said Yami.
"Speed was a bit fast for me, had to land my footing properly." said Maxwell. Don't worry about me, I'm going to make sure you learn to give me some respect.
 
One minute has passed into the song and it was starting to get tricky, but even though tricky, Maxwell proved he could hold the fort down. Jam had showed up to see Maxwell's battle, but kept his distance from Boss and the other hams. Okay Max, this is where that all nighter pays off. he thought. If you can put it down here, Yami shouldn't stand a chance.
"Getting too cocky over there." said Maxwell.
"I set my pacing too slow, that's all." said Yami.
"Are you sure it's not too fast?"
"Positive."
"Positive, I'm sorry you have HIV."
"Don't test your luck, Maxwell."
"Go ahead, push me off the floor, get DQed."
"I plan on beating you fair and square, not on a technicality."
"I see."
"Song's almost over, stay alive now."
 
Come song's end, both boys take a "B" rank. "So, where to now?" asked Maxwell.
"It wouldn't be fair if I picked, so you choose the next song." said Yami. "This tie will soon be broken."
"Fine, I know exactly what to put you on...."
So what's your next move, Max? thought Jam.
"Ah..... Wil 'o' the Wisp, this will do."
 
With that, the settings shoed up and Yami went to 1.5 speed. Maxwell was shocked. "You're slowing it down?" asked Maxwell.
"This song has 210 bpm, I'm not stupid." said Yami.
"Easy freestyle."
Yami jumped away from Maxwell. "You must be joking, even I can't freestyle this song, it's too fast!"
"Watch and learn."
Maxwell must be mad if he thinks he can freestyle this song. I don't even think Noah can freestyle Wil 'o' the Wisp.
You chose a hard song to freestyle, I hope he pulls this off. thought Kit-n-Kat.
 
Meanwhile, the rest of the hams are watching the match on the big screen. "Maxwell's gonna freestyle Wil 'o' the Wisp." said Cappy.
"Whoa, this I gotta see." said Stan.
"Me too." agreed Sparkle.
"Good luck, Maxwell." said Hamtaro and the second stage began. It was going fine for the first few seconds, then the song kicked into gear. Not a problem for Maxwell though, he had this song to a tee. The booklover wasn't even looking at the screen, which put a lot of heat on Yami's steps. Yami was holding his on, but those goods were starting to get to him. Holy pumpkin seed, I haven't seen a single great yet. he thought. He's really freestyling this song..... and with accuracy to boot. Man, get a good already.
"Yo Kit, you watching this?" asked Rage.
"I'm too afraid to blink." answered Kit-n-Kat.
"That's a first..."
.............Wow......... is all Jam can think.
 
"Did he miss yet?" asked Cappy.
"So far, only one great, the rest was flawless." answered Stan.
"Good, the song's slowing down." said Oxnard.
"It'll speed up again in time."
 
"Hey Noah, Dandy Lion, I have a cure for lockjaw." said Boss. "If you need it, just raise your paw."
This crowd's way too quiet, time to change that. thought Hamina. "Go Maxwell, you can do it!" she cheered.
 
"Sis, are you watching this?" asked Trav."
"Yes I am, and it doesn't look good for Yami." answered Blossom.
 
Maxwell fed off the cheers of the crowd and put a serious hurting on Yami's guage. How the hell is he doing this.... Yami wondered as he struggled to hold on.
"It's over, it's all over." said Emi.
"Hey Kit, did you blink yet?" asked Rage.
"No." answered Kit-n-Kat.
Maxwell, my headset goes off to you on this song. thought Jam.
 
"Two greats and the rest flawless, Maxwell's got this in the bag." said Stan.
"That's a lot of style points." said Panda.
"Tch, that's all style points." said Hamtaro.
"Too bad Sandy's not watching zhis match weeth us." said Bijou.
 
Maxwell was ripping the floor up with this song, No stopping me... ain't no stopping me. was all that went through his mind. The song was over and Maxwell eventually had only three greats, and he literally swiped a three star grade to maxwell's "C" grade. The Crowd chanted Maxwell's name. However, a lot of people weren't too happy with that grade Maxwell got. "Dumb luck, just dumb luck." said Boss.
"Why do you say that?" asked Dandy Lion.
"Because that's what saved your brother, Maxwell clearly had that 'V' and everyone knows it."
"That's not right, we have to debate that grade, he clearly won this match with that performance." said Kit-n-Kat.
"If he didn't freestyle that, he'd have earned the 'V', but that was his choice. The grade is fair on my account." said Emi.
Max, you had the undisputed singles floormaster watch your performance without blinking... thought Jam. You are now elite, welcome to Floormaster Status my friend.
Yami was stunned. He had me beat.... he thought. but I held on, and in doing so, I robbed him of his 'V'. But that was way too close for comfort, I can't let that happen again.
It doesn't matter what Yami chooses, I'll wisp him again for the victory, it's time to give Yami the old heave-ho. thought a confident Maxwell.
"Wow Noah, Yami might actually lose." said Dandy Lion.
"I don't say this much," said Noah, "but I'm impressed with a performance like that."
"I see you're feeling that heat." said Boss. "And you should, maybe next time you'll think twice not to diss any of us... because that might be your fate, Noah."
 
"It's time to finish this once and for all, Yami." said Maxwell.
"I agree, this is the final song." said Yami.
"Choose well." It doesn't matter which song you pick, your outcome will remain the same... your loss.
"A will do. Time to end this match."
"Just as I would've said."
Okay, take him out Maxwell, you can do it. Boss thought and then the match began.
 
Jam watch on in the crowd , as Boss and Hamina watched nearby and the other hams were watching on the screen. "Have you guys seen Sandy?" asked Hamtaro.
"Who cares, the match between Yami and Maxwell is underway." said Pashmina."
"This should be interesting, since Maxwell put a dagger in Yami's pride last song I mean." said Stan.
 
So far, no goods. Keep steppin, Maxy. maxwell thought to himself.
Not gonna happen, you lose buddy boy. thought Yami.
The music gave its pause.... "Here we go." said Maxwell, then the musci kicked in the pants. The people clapped with the music ans Yami and Maxwell continued to step to A. The judges watched this one afriad to blink. "This one is really close, Rage." said Emi.
"Very..." said Rage. "It all comes down to who wants it more now."
"You've got this brother, finish him." said Noah.
"Stay strong, Maxwell!" cheered Hamina.
 
It was necked out, all the way to the finish. On the last step, Maxwell turned to hit the step perfectly, he looked at the crowd and was greeted with their applause when the music stopped. Meanwhile, Sandy had rejoined the hams. "Where have you been, you missed a great match?" asked Cappy.
"I saw it, Mawell totally ripped it up down there..." answered Sandy.
"No way, that's just wrong!" Pashmina yelled.
"What a rip, Maxwell had that won...." said Stan.
 
On the floor, Maxwell couldn't believe his eyes. That's not fair. he thought. Another triple A score for our bookworm, but the "V" on Yami's side of the screen took it all.
Sometimes it happens that way.... tough break, Max. Jam thought. But I feel for you, that happened to me once...
 
Sandy saw the scores and was taken, but the scores weren't what got her... it was how Maxwell was on his paws and knees, devistated because he had lost.... Maxy.... Sandy thought, then ran from the group.
 
"Hmf. Well brother, another adversary defeated." said Yami.
"Nicely battled Yami, nicely battled." said Noah.
"Nicely battled? Yami, you just got lucky, that is it and all." said Boss with folded arms.
"A win's a win, no matter how it's won." said Yami. He then turned his attention to Maxwell. "Hey, bookworm, you can get up now, it's over... Hey, get up. Yo, are you even listening to me?!"
Maxwell was crushed, I had that won, but I lost.... he thought. It's not fair, it's not fair..... tears were welling up in his eyes.
Yami saw this. "Get up already and quit yer crying. There's no reason for you to be shedding tears over stuff like this. You did your best, now get the hell up already."
"Hey, knock it off." said Boss. "Just leave him alone."
 
"Hey, there's something wrong with the machine, Maxwell haaad this tied, if not won." said Kit-n-Kat.
"There's nothing wrong with it, Kit." said Rage. "Yami proved that he wanted it more, so he rightfully won this match. But you have to give Maxwell credit, he DID get robbed."
 
"I must say, that was really hard to play." said Yami.
"Maxwell...."
"Well, well, here comes Sandy." Yami walked from his sibs to meet Sandy. "Sandy, your timing is impeccable. I'm glad you-"
"Move out of the way Yami." said Sandy and went right passed him.
I don't get it.... I won...
Sandy, knelt down in front of Maxwell. "Maxy, hey Maxy. Please say something to me." she whispered to him, worried as she saw is zoned stare into a void. "Maxwell, it's me, Sandy."
"Sandy...." was all Maxwell let out.
"Hey, don't cry, it's okay.... you did really great. Like, don't be angry at yourself because you lost, we all lose sometimes. When we do, all that can be done is stand up, brush it off and get a great feeling from it all..."
"But..."
"I'm right here, look at me, Maxwell..."
 
Maxwell looked into Sandy's eyes, which had tears of worry in them and took his aw to her cheek. "Lemme help you up." Sandy said.
"O-kay." said Maxwell.
Yami watched stunned as Sandy and Maxwell rose to their feet. Even though he lost to me, and I earned the right to be with her, she still chose him over me?..... he thought. Well, I guess it's fine and dandy then.
"Do you feel better, Maxy?" asked Sandy.
"Yeah, a whole lot better now." answered Maxwell.
"You got robbed, but you were great." said Hamina.
"Thanks..."
Yami stood to Maxwell. "Well, I won, but you stole the show this day." he said, then extended his paw.
Maxwell shook paws with Yami, "I may have lost this time, but it won't happen again." he said. "Be ready for me next time, I'll really be a force to be reckined with then."
"You already are one."
 
Yami and Maxwell share a laugh. As Sandy and Maxwell walk away arm over arm, Sandy gives him a much deserved kiss. Hmm, the dullest blade has become even sharper then the precision blades, nicely played, Max, nicely played. thought Jam. Now that you've become a floormaster, there is much for you to learn....
 
Five minutes later..... the announcer took the stage. "Well now, this concludes the first round of playoffs. Tomorrow, we'll continue the tournament and decie our floormasters. So until then, stay strong dancers..."
 
das it for this chap peeps, review.