Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ prepare your mettle ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay peeps, season two time. With the first round of the "dance-off" over, it's time to see which of your favorite hams gets through to the next round. With that said and done, on with the show.
 
The next day at the clubhouse, the hams had a little roll call. "Well hams, everyone's here, right?' asked Boss.
"Of course we're here, Boss." Oxnard answered.
"Hold on, where are Jam and Roll?" asked Hamtaro.
"Who cares, they're probably at the fun park waiting for us." said Sparkle.
"Yeah dudes, let's get going already." said Stan.
"Points taken, let's go, hams." said Boss.
*
 
The hams made it to the arcade where the Floormaster's Ball was being held and began their stretches. "Hey you guys, are you ready for today?" asked Roll.
"Ready as always." answered Stan.
"Where is Jam?" asked Bijou.
"He said he had some things to do, but he'll show up eventually." answered Roll.
"I sure hope he gets here, I know he'll be around for my battle against him." said Stan.
"Don't get too cocky, you won't make it through this round anyway." The hams turned to see Blossom and Trav. "This round, all of you are going down. " said Trav.
"And I'll be claiming what's mine as well." added Blossom.
"You Comets still can't go one day without causing problems, can you?" asked Boss.
"Pipe it, Boss."
"Why don't I pipe my foot your little-"
"Boss, be nice, you don't want to stoop to their level." said Roll.
"Stoop, you mean climb, sister." said Trav.
"No, I really meant stoop. You see, even though it happened a while back, these hams still have a bitter taste in their mouths about you know what."
"Roll, how many times have I told you that you really shouldn't go into that mode with other hams." Jam said as he approached the crew. "Some hams can't deal with your style of speech."
"I know, I'm sorry." said Roll.
"Just try to remember, huh?"
 
After that, the MC made the following announcement: "Okay ladies and germs, gather 'round competitors, I wanna explain this part quickly." All participants in the Floormaster's Ball took their spots, then the MC continued. "I want to say congrats to all the dancers that made it through the prelims, but don't get too excited just yet. As most seasoned veterans know, from here on out is where the real competition begins. The judges have now agreed to give you full version songs for the remainder of the tournament, and yes, a full song is worth two victory stars. All the machines have been updated as well and have a variety of songs for every floor. We're going to make another steep cut like we did in the prelims, so good luck to all who make it and keep out of trouble."
 
Cheers were had and the hams went back to stretching. "Well Pashmina, we can finally have at our song in this tournament." said Dexter.
"That's right, we can..." said Pashmina. "And we can pick up the two points on it as well."
"No problem for us, we're taking it home aren't we Sparkle?" said a confident Stan.
"No contest." said Sparkle.
"You couldn't be more wrong, Sparky." Jam corrected.
All the hams turned their attention to Jam. "How so, Jam?" asked Bijou.
"You didn't hear anything did you? There's gonna be a very steep cut here. I want all of you to have fun and be sportsmanlike as well, since all of you trained long and hard to be here. However, keep this in mind.... Before the end of this round, all of you, including myself, well have their mettles tested."
"Medals tested?" asked a confused Hamtaro. "But I'm ham and blood."
"What I mean is, during this round, all of us will be tested on the floor on who wants to move on more..... And some tests will come earlier than others." Jam points to the screen.
 
The gang looks to the screen to see that off the bat, Stan and Sparkle have to face off against Cappy and Penelope. However, the shocker was that Boss was facing off against Yami, which of course stunned many of the hams. "Well Boss, this is your chance to get rid of one of the comets." said Stan.
"Looks that way, doesn't it?" questioned Boss, no fear was on that ham.
"Get him good for me, Boss." requested Maxwell.
"Worry not you guys, things will be fine."
"Well, let's get giggin' ev'rbody, time to roll." said Jam and off the hams went.
 
====================================================
 
It's a short chap, but hey, tis 3:30 in the morning. So peeps, how are you gonna vote this time? Here's the choice for now:
 
Stan/Sparkle v Cappy/Penelope
 
Remember peeps, review and vote for the outcome. Later! ^_____^