Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ facing your dancefloor demons ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well everyone, the voting portion for this chapter was a bit of a downer, but at least the votes were counted. Anyway, time to get on with the next chapter. I'll be putting Haily in now, so if she's reading, it's time for your appearance.
 
Cappy and Penelope had a pile of seeds to share before their match against Stan and Sparkle. Even though they've managed to get by Sandy and Panda, Stan and Sparkle seemed to be tougher on those floors than their previous friends. I sure hope Cappy and I do well this round. thought Penelope. As long as we give it our all, I'll be happy with our outcome.
"Well Pen, we'll be going up against two more friends soon." Cappy reminded.
"Okyoo." said Penelope.
"Just remember that we can do it together and everything will be fine."
 
Sparkle had another idea on this matchup. "We are definitely gonna beat those runts." she said.
"Hey, watch your mouth." Stan warned.
"Sorry Stanley, but even though we're all on the same side, only one team can win this tournament. You heard what Jam said earlier about having to face our allies, didn't you?"
"I remember, but don't call them runts. Cappy's learned to hold his own and the Comet Crew wanted to recruit Penelope, that means something."
"Tch, that means nothing."
"Just don't get too cocky that you lose, Sparks. We have scores to settle you know."
Believe me, I know. I also have a reputation to avenge out of all this. thought Sparkle. The events before the tourney still played in her mind. "Well, let's get this show on the road."
 
On the singles side, Boss and Yami stepped up to the floor and their battle was undergoing. "Now I'll get to witness your textbook dancing first hand instead of watching from the crowd." said Yami.
"Yup." Boss said.
"Don't think you'll be able to beat me because you learned how to step in a book instead where it should've been learned, Boss."
"Okay."
"Funny... you're not so talkative as you usually are."
"That's because I want you to shut up and pick already."
"Don't tell me you're scared."
"Hurry up before time runs out. I'll let my feet converse with you, not my mouth."
 
"Boss is really focused on this match against Yami, brother." said Ice.
"Indeed," agreed Noah, "but we'll see how he handles defeat soon enough."
 
Yami started things off with Burning Heat and set his floor exactly at 3x speed. Boss matched them and their song was underway. Meanwhile, Cappy and Penelope decided to open with the full song, Jet World Tour. As the boys and girls shook hands, this contest began. The start off was great for both teams, all four were on beat throughout the first part. "This isn't like Jet World at all." Said Sparkle.
"Of course not, it's the tour.... good luck to you." said Cappy.
Blossom and Trav, were watching this match, as they would face the winner. Kit-N-Kat was also watching how Penelope would fair in this song. It took three minutes and Penelope was already gone. Sparkle stepped too it alone, keeping her guage at the halfway mark. "I can make it... it's tricky, but I'll be okay." said Cappy.
"Good, it's almost over too." said Stan.
"Thank goodness, I'm getting tired."
Your meter's almost gone, Cappy. Can you make it, I hope so....
It doesn't matter if I fail or not, we got this won. thought Sparkle.
 
Cappy made it to the home stretch, but that stretch took his guage. Stan and Sparkle danced on to victory, how sweet it was. After it was over, Stan and Sparkle took a "B" each, but it didn't mater. They moved on to face the Comets in the doubles competition, and earned the right to settle their score. Penelope worked really hard to get here, but she couldn't stand up to a long song off the bat. thought Kit-N-Kat. Her skills on normal songs are incredible, but she needs more work on these long version-type songs. Give her time and she'll be a grand and formidible Floormaster.
 
Boss ended up with a "D" after the first song while Yami aced it. "You aren't so tough on the floor, are you?" asked Yami.
"Just a warm up, nothing serious." said Boss.
"Well you better get serious if you plan on standing a chance."
"Gee, you sound like you're threatened by me."
"I do NOT!"
"Then Shaddup already."
"Just pick the friggin song."
"You want serious, fine. Serious you'll get, but you won't like it."
Boss chose a rather difficult song, Orion. 78 civilization mix for the next routine.
 
As the song began, Boss moved into the music, then came the blitz of steps which caugh Yami off guard. Whoa, that's a bit faster than I thought it'd be.
Noah simply shook his head as he saw his brother struggle. This is what you get for trying to anticipate a song. he thought. Remember Yami, it's how the steps are set, not the BPM, that make a song.
"Hey, Yami, you're not looking too good." said Boss. "I guess you wished I hadn't decided to get serious with you, huh?"
"Shut up and step." said Yami. You'll pay for this, Boss.
"I love this part--Asaba..... ai ya.... dum dum dum, dum dum dum... hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey."
Boss continues to sing... You're gonna pay for this.... what the--Not again!
"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey......"
Kuso.... kuso... kuso.... kuso.... kusooooooo!
"This is bad, Yami's not doing too well, help him Noah!" Dandy Lion yelled.
"This is his fight, I can only watch." Noah said mythotically.
Poor Yami, he's really in pain. thought Boss. It's what his butt gets. Once again, I'll have to set these Comets straight. Sometimes I wonder if those guys ever learn...
 
For Yami, the pain.... just like the song, was over. The elite ham took an "E" grade while Boss' "A" satisfied the ham ham leader. "That's just sad, I Floormaster of your calibur taking the worse possible grade on a routine? I can't believe my eyes." Boss clowned Yami.
"You will pay for this insult." shot Yami.
"Insult it right, I expected you to get no lower than a 'C' grade, but to fail a stage.... at least you're still alive. But seriously, that was pitiful."
Yami simply ignored the last one and went to pick his stage. You better pick one hell of a song. thought Noah.
"Let's see you stand up to Mr. Larpus and tell the tale." said Yami.
 
That song clicked in Boss' mind. No, not this song..... anything but this song.... It was here on Mr. Larpus that Boss lost Bijou to Hamtaro, he didn't survive and ended up giving up the ghost at the very end of the song. Since that night, Mr. Larpus haunted him, and now.... Larpus was face him again. As the song started out, it was much different than how he played and lost to it before, off the bat came the speed. Crud, this must be the full version of Mr. Larpus he chose...
"Someone's having problems." said Yami.
"I never played the full version of this song before, it's a first for me." said Boss. "But I must thank you Yami, for now I can face my one feared demon."
Halfway through the song, Boss continued to struggle, but he held on with goods. Man, I better not fail this one, or it's over for me.
"Give it up Boss, you're finished." said Yami. "You will fail, just as you have failed before."
 
Boss balled his paw and kept on playing the floor. He resisted slugging Yami in the kisser even though he wanted to badly.... his patience and calm head rewarded him later. Despite the many good beats he had, Boss managed to tie Yami with a "B" ranking. "Well Boss, seems like you were afraid of that song." said Yami.
"Let's just say Larpus and I don't really get along." said Boss.
"Well, it's your pick."
"Yami, one thing we all need to do is face our demons. Now since you helped me face a demon of mine, I will return the favor."
Boss chose the full version of Xenon as the next play. both playere set their routines accordingly and the song began to play. "Good luck facing this demon."
"Whatever..."
 
The song started out simple for both of them, but as the first verse came in, the pattern became familiar to its shorter version. Boss messed up a bit, but not too much to hurt him as Yami went on. The bridge came in early and it took its toll a bit on Boss. Yami's steps were starting to whittle at his guage, Focus already, you're doing this for the hams. Boss mentally told himself. Shake it off.
What this fool doesn't know is that I've had time on this song before. thought Yami. He should've picked something else.
"So who do you think's gonna win this one?" Rage asked Emi.
"Dunno, but this might be close." answered Emi.
"Boss, you really should try harder than this, it's sad really." said Yami.
"Fine, whatever you say." said Boss and he picked it up. Soon the tables had turned as Boss began to show some style which threw Yami off guard. The chorus came in and Boss' style points had drained Yami's guage, a Comet goes down. "Bah, impossible..." said Yami.
"Step up off, Yami. Step up off." said Boss. Maxwell, everyone, this battle is for you.
 
The bridge came in again and Boss' style continued, the clubhouse leader literally broke on the arrows hitting them properly. On the end step of the bridge, Boss did a genie spin, since it was a freeze. The bridge repeated and on the end freeze, Boss spun around on his head. The crowd was behind Boss all the way as he made a good, but danced strong into the end of the song. Normally, his grade would be a "B", but his style boosted him to an "A" rank. The crowd chants his name and Boss bows to the crowd. "Thank-q, thank-q." Boss then turned to the Comets. "Not bad for 'Textbook Floordancing' is it, Noah?"
"I'll admit, 'The One' has taught you well, despite this style of yours is from the books." said Noah.
"You know you love it."
"That style of dancing won't save you from me."
"We'll see."
 
Hamina was getting some eatables and bumped into another hamster. "Sorry about that, I didn't see you there."
"Why don't you open up those small eyes of yours then?" She said.
"Hey, don't all bent out of shape, it was only an accident."
"Yeah right. No matter, I'll be facing you next anyway, so I'll take you out on the floor where it should be settled."
"I'm sorry, who are you again?"
"You don't know who I am? You ingrate, such disrespect.... how about you opening those eyes of yours and see me."
Then it hit Hamina. "Those stars, you mean that you're-"
"I am. My name is Haily Nebula, but you know and refer to me as...." strikes pose. "The Dancing Star!"
Hamina walked away. "That pose needs work, but I'll see you later anyway. I'm sure you don't wanna eat with ingrates like me."
Hmph, I'll see to you later.
 
====================================================
 
as you can see, I underlined the names of the songs, I'll do that from now on. til next chap. Review peeps.