Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ the leaders storm the floor ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"I'm not as hateful as you might think, Boss. But since your defeat has already been fortold, I'll let you pick the first song." said Noah.
"Fine, I'll do just that." said Boss.
Boss started things off with Ordinary World. Once he took his spot on the stage, he looked over to Noah, then averted his gaze to the screen. The song opened up with some freezes, then the stepping came in, but Boss had to hand it to Noah. Though he proclaims that this floor is a war zone, his steps appear calm but forceful, like he's positively releasing his rage into each step. Perhaps I had Noah all wrong on a few things..... Boss thought.
You're finished, fool. Victory is mine! thought Noah.
As the bridge kicked in, Boss sang to the song. "And I won't cry for yesterday, there's an Ordinary World... somehow I have to find...."
Oh brother, he has to sing to it. "This is a dance contest, not audition for Japan Idol." said Noah.
"Be lucky I'm singing on key."
 
The last few steps came to the song, then it was over. The grades were "A" to "B" in Noah's favor. "Now it's time for the plan to kick in." said Noah.
"Plan, what plan?" asked Boss.
"Check the music."
Boss turned to the music and found that a few songs were playable as the others wer blacked out. "What the hell..."
"You finally understand now. See, before you showed up, I placed my memory card into the machine. The card is set on my own personal setting, Boss."
"Hey, that's not fair!"
"Stop your complaining, the rules said nothing against the use cards in the tournament, so it's fair game."
"That's cheating, I don't have a memroy card for this game."
"And 'The One' didn't tell you about that? What a pity. Not that it matters, Boss. The only songs you can choose from are high level songs anyway, so choose already."
"I wonder why Jam didn't mention cards to us anyway.... Save it for later, Boss. Well, he did say to expect everything, so I guess this is under the rank."
 
Boss scanned through the songs, since only the hard songs were choosable thanks to Noah's card, Boss found a lot of songs he couldn't handle. "Man, this sucks, I can't do a lot of these." said Boss.
"Pick a song, or forfeit." ordered Noah.
"I still got time left, so shaddup."
After a bit more searching, Boss found one tough song he'd played... only it was the full version of that song. "Well, I guess this song will have to do."
"Good, let's do it already."
For the next routine, Boss chose the full version of the song Sakura. I've played the normal version to this song and gotten an "A" rank. he thought. Now I can truly test my mettle on this difficult song with it's full assault. As the song began, Boss started to move with the rhythm.... then in came the steps. Noah moved to them with his usual "force" as Boss was relaxed and stepping to them with a bit of freestyle to it. So he knows how to move to this one, eh? Noah thought. No matter, he'll still lose.
 
Kit-n-Kat was watching Boss' movements. He seems to be enjoying himself, he thought. But I highly doubt this guy was trained by 'The One' though. Sakura's a tough song, so this full version of it will tell me if he truly is one of 'The One's' students.
The beat began to kick up a notch and Boss was moving to it, but as the guage told him the tale, Noah wasn't doing so hot. "What's wrong, you holding back after all that lip you gave to me earlier? This isn't the Comet Crew eldest that I remember from our talk." said Boss.
"You and this accursed song...." Noah said.
"You didn't expect me to pick the full version huh, or perhaps this one isn't on your card? I've played this song before, but not this extended version of it. This version is a first time for me."
"You'll pay for this, Boss."
"Not unless you suck it up and clear this song. Get with the program already."
"Quit your psych out strategy."
"Hey, if you don't like it, clear the floor. Otherwise, suck it up and tough it out." Noah, you aren't so tough when someone finds a crack in your wall, are you?
"Let's just say I wasn't expecting this song."
"Well it serves you right for trying to bend rules your way. Take it from someone who knows these floors: Some rules are better off left straight and narrow than bent in your favor."
 
The song started to return to it's normal pacing and Noah was starting to catch his wind. I've been too careless, focus Noah. Don't let this weakling get into your head. Noah built his guage up and then the song kicked up again, but it stayed this was until the end where it finally slowed and stopped. the grade was "A" to "two stars" in Boss' favor. "Your pick Noah."
"Time to pay the piper, fool."
Next up was WINTER on the routines, a song Boss was all to well seasoned with. He gave a shrug, "That's another flaw in your strategy, you keep picking songs that you are used to." he told Noah. "Thinking you give yourself an advantage when I already know how to work a song like this. Too bad I'm gonna have to prove you wrong again."
"We'll see how good you are on your seasons." said Noah."
"If you weren't so angry, you probably choose a song you don't really know and see how good you'd do, but I guess Hamtaro was right. You're just a faker after all..."
 
Before Noah could comment, the song began... with its usual kick in the pace. But while Noah stepped to it cleanly, Boss cleanly freestyled to WINTER. Noah was stunned, Boss was besting him with every step. How the hell is he doing this?.... he thought.
"When you're done clouding your judgement with anger and rage, maybe you'll start putting up a fight, 'Kaiba boy'. I'm starting to get enjoyably bored with you." said Boss.
The song was coming to it's closure and the two finished strong. "Man, this was interesting. I have to admit it, Boss knows how to keep a cool head." said Kit-n-Kat.
When the scores came up, Noah's star lost to the nice "V" which Boss picked up. Noah's travels into the tournament were over. The leader of the Comets, stunned and hurt, dropped to his knees. "I don't understand, I battled swiftly and bravely, each step had the force I needed to carry me through, the battle had my predictions in it, but he still won. HOW COULD i LOSE?!" Noah cried.
"Because like I was telling you, you battled for all the wrong reasons." answered Boss.
"It's not fair, dammit. It's not fair!"
"Get up and face the music! What happened to you serves you right, so don't be confused about losing, just accept it."
"I will not."
"Then you have learned nothing! You lost to 'him' because you thought that your anger and rage could fuel you to victory when instead, led you to defeat. Once you lost, you decided to bundle it up and deny the fact that you lost fair and square so you pushed yourself with that same anger and rage. You thought you could come into this tournament with that same fuel to get you to the top and once again it has failed you. You even tried to bend the rules in your favor, but you made the same mistake as last time. You fueled yourself with hatred and force. Yet you still don't understand that the reason why you lost is because you were meant to lose each time you approached it this way?
 
"I must say Noah, you haven't learned from your past mistakes, you just kept repeating them. And as long as you continue to repeat your mistakes, you will continue to repeat your own demise. I didn't battle you with hatred, anger and rage, no. I battled with a carefree spirit, focused mind and heart. Those who battle that way achieve victory in all their battles, not just the few inbetween. But you still haven't gotten it yet... Perhaps after you reflect on things next tournament, and change the way you fuel yourself, you might actually get to that last round and who knows?
 
"The point of this is to let a loss go, because no one and I mean no one is perfect in anything and everything. If you can finally let things go, then you will understand why you lost."
"I..... I have nothing to say."
"Say something along the lines of 'It's okay to lose sometimes, because that's how we improve.' Noah."
"You're right. I guess it's time I finally let go after all this useless planning."
"Good. Now on your feet and give me a hug Noah, you deserve one."
 
Noah rose to his feet, but didn't hug Boss. Instead, he shook paws with him and took his card. Ice and Dandy Lion walked up to him. "Listen you two, I'm sorry if I pushed you girls too hard." Noah began. "I wasn't really myself."
"Oh really big bro?" asked Ice with sarcasm. "Don't worry about it big brother, we forgive you."
"Yeah, it's just sad that we've all been beaten." said Dandy Lion.
"That just means you have to rethink our take on the floor."
"Come on, The other are waiting for us, let's go."
The Comets left the place and Noah was applauded for his growth in defeat.
 
I'm glad that's over now. Well, I got semis to battle in, so I better take a break. With that, Boss went to get some apple juice.
====================================================
 
I decided to use a new grading scale, a versus grading scale. Perhaps I'll do that from here on out. Not that there's much of this story left anyways... Read and review y'all. ~_^