Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ battles to the finals pt1 ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My peeps are the ones who wanted me to make a sequal to this story. My peeps are my fans and allies and individuals that show me love and respect. I write this for them and to improve my skills in the syntax world. So peeps, don't take it the wrong way in me calling you my peeps, it's m way of showing respect for ya. To those of y'all who aren't (and choose not to be) my peeps, das kool by me. Just show me love in this story like I show love to the peeps. Well no that that's cleared up, I hope everyone has enjoyed this ride. Because it's almost over... and well, I can tell you the end of this will certainly not be a predictable one. And now that those words were said... back to the show.
====================================================
 
Boss couldn't believe it... not the fact that he had won against Noah, no. He couldn't believe that this tournament was almost over. I never actually thought I'd make it this far, but I guess all of my hard work really did pay off. He continued to sip his sunflower cola. Well after I get through this next match, the finals will be a sweeper-tough ride. With the winner going up against Kit-n-Kat.
Boss' thoughts were put on hold from the company that came to him. "I'm glad things went well for you, Boss." said Dexter.
"Yup, all the Comet Crew members are out of the tournament." said Boss. "Ice lost her match, I avenged Maxwell to take out Yami, and Noah just got his hat handed to him by me. In addition to that, Stan and Sparkle won against Blossom and Trav."
"Well, I guess it's between us then..." said Pashmina.
"How it should be." Dexter adds his pennies.
"Yeah, but I never thought my hard work would take me this far." said Boss. "Did any of you guys have doubts on your own skill?"
"I did at first, but that all changed." Pashmina answered, "However, I did have help though."
"I wonder how Hamina did in this tournament." said Dexter.
"I was just thinking the same thing."
 
As if on cue, here she came. "Hey you guys."
"Hamina, we were just talking about you." said Boss. "So how'd it go?"
Hamina shook her head. "It was a draw. Oh well, at least I didn't lose."
"That has to suck." said Dexter.
"Yeah it does... Especially since the winner of the other branch just got a bye into the finals, but I'm happy with myself. Very first tournament and I hit the quarter finals, that's an accomplishment for an unknown like myself."
"That's true." said Boss.
"Boss, is that you? Of course it is, I can spot your helmet and spade from a distance."
"Heke?"
 
A seeming unknown voice calls out to the gang, which soon revealed its owner. When the hams saw who it was, instantly the hugs came around. There she was; green eyes, matching ribbons around each ear and a nice lemon yellow coat. "It's been a while, Miss Miri." said Boss.
"Took the words right from my mouth." Miri said.
"Eheheh, oopsie."
"I didn't mean literally... Dexter, Pashmina, boy you two look cute."
"Nice to see you too, Miri." said Pashmina.
"Where's everyone else?"
"In the tournament. Jam's here too."
"Jam too? Man, I haven't seen him in like, ages."
"We can say the same about you." said Dexter.
 
Meanwhile, Stan and Sparkle were sitting at a table eating seeds. "You know something, I've definitely seen a dramatic change in you." said Stan.
"How so?" asked Sparkle.
"You aren't as mean towards the other hams like you normally were. I guess it just goes to show you that you're one of those types of nuts."
"And just what the hell do you mean by that?"
"You kinda remind me of a female version of Boss."
"Boss? Tch, no way."
"Look Sparky, what I mean is that you're one of those nuts that have a tough shell, but on the inside lies a soft, warm, sensitive nut."
"Well, you're right, I've actually been a bit less grouchy since this tournament/date with you. But I'm not the only one who's changed, you also flipped your lid as well."
"Like what?"
"You aren't as flirty as normal... Maybe it's because you're used to going out on dates with girls."
"Well yeah, that's it."
"I think it's really because you don't wanna be lectured by your other half. Not to mention that I'm probably the only girl you've actually been on a date with in your existence."
"You know...."
 
"Look at the 'Lovebirds' over there, enjoying your time together?" Stan and Sparkle turned to see Sandy and Maxwell.
"What is this, a 'Spy on Stan' day?" asked Stan, feeling a bit violated.
"I'm still waiting for you to mess up." answered Sandy.
Stan had his head held low. "Man sis, that's cold. I don't cut into your dates like this."
"Well I'm not a flirt like you are."
"Bah, enough of this. Sparkle, let's go to our next match... I didn't come here to be grilled by my younger twin sister today."
"About that," Maxwell began, "you do know you're up against Dexter and Pashmina, right?"
"Aw, and I wanted to go toe up to Jam and Roll. Oh well." said Sparkle.
"Who cares who we face, they're losing anyway." said Stan as he took his date's paw. "C'mon, or we're gonna get DQed."
*
 
Pashmina and Dexter were standing at the machines waiting for their opponents to arrive. "Man, they still aren't here yet." said Pashmina.
"This isn't like Stan to be late, must be Sparkle's fault." said Dexter.
Rage walked up to them. "Well, since your opponents haven't made it yet-"
"We'll wait, even if it takes all night." Dexter cut Rage off.
"But Dexter, we have to get home." said Pashmina.
"We're waiting... and that's final!"
"Sheesh, you don't have to yell."
"Sorry, it's just that before this started, Stan was too busy braggin about how he and Sparkle were gonna clinch the tournament. I'm gonna make sure that his Ego Trip ends here."
"Dexter..."
"What, I am doing this fair and square, you know."
 
Stan and Sparkle finally got to their match. "What took you so long?" asked Pashmina.
"Had to take a crap." answered Stan.
"Really?"
"No, I just mated with Sparkle. I went to take a crap, jeez."
"If you two are done, let's get this match underway already." Rage reminded them. "The crowd is starting to get restless..."
"Yeah, yeah, sorry we kept you waiting, 'Mas'r'. You want cheese with that whine? Did you want me to take a dump all over the floor?"
Sparkle baps Stan on the forehead, "Hey, that's not what we needed to hear." she told him.
"Ow."
"Pick a song already, Pashmina."
 
So with that said and done, Pashmina opened up the round with Clap Your Hands. "Is there a reason for this song, Pashmina?" asked Stan.
"Just like the music." Pashmina answered.
"Take her down, Sparkle, let's wrap this one up quick."
 
So the song began. The beat was pretty forward and everyone was getting the hang of it early on. There were a few confusing steps, but nothing these four couldn't handle. "You know, I see why she likes this song so much, it's kind of catchy." said Dexter.
"Yeah, it is." agreed Stan.
"Say, when all of this is over, do you wanna grab the Sunflower Combo meal at Petals?"
"Why not..."
 
"I'm thinking about going to Petals for a bite after this, wanna come?" Pashmina asked Sparkle.
"Loser treats." answered Sparkle.
"Deal."
 
At the end of the song, the girls shook paws. Everyone got an A on that one and the guys noticed the exchange of paw between their partners. "Did we miss anything ladies?" asked Dexter.
"Nothing much, we just bet that loser treats the winner to grub at Petals." answered Pashmina.
"Sounds cool to me. Losing team treats the winning team to Petals."
So all four shook to the bet, then Sparkle chose Moga Moga for the next song. Sparkle felt confident with this song, but not as confident as her date, who was freestyling to the beat. Dexter ignored Stan's fancy footwork and focused to the steps.... Biggest mistake he made, for Stan's style ate his guage away. "I can't believe this, I've been drained." said Dexter.
"Step off the stage, please." said Stan who kept on groovin'.
Oh well, I guess I'm solo for this performance. thought Pashmina.
 
Halfway through the song, Pashmina evened the odds and drained Sparkle's meter, she wasn't too pleased. "Get her Stan, it's just you and Pashmina now." she half cheered half ordered.
"Not happenning today, baby." said Pashmina. "Now move, you sit out now... buh-bye."
Stan and Pashmina cleared the stage, but Pashmina's B had more points to it than Stan's B. Dexter and Sparkle took their places on the stage. "Okay Dexter, you pick this time." said Pashmina.
Dexter was in a pickle. Should I pick our song... no. Stan would expect that. A better strategy is in order. he pondered. Testing his luck, Dexter hit random. "Well, let's see what fate has decided."
 
As the song started up, Sparkle was once again mispleased. "Of all the songs, it had to be this one." she said.
"Stop crying, it was chosen at random." said Dexter.
"Do you even know what this song is about?"
"No, please fill me in."
"I'll do it for you." said Stan.
The third song, Secret Rendezvous, began. To anyone who plays this song on heavy for DDR EXtreme (and to those who don't), this 98 bpm music is a pain... especially since the steps all scrunched up on normal speed. Since the hams didn't adjust their speed, all four of them had problems. "Stupid slow song and the crappy lesbians it's about." grumbled Sparkle.
"You have a problem with lesbians?" questioned Pashmina.
"Lesbians need men in their lives, I'll say it like that anyway."
"Crap, I'm out!" Stan shouted. "If I had this on x2 speed, I'd be fine."
"This is challenging, I never moved to a song this slow.." said Dexter.
Pashmina was next to go. "Dexter, this is all your fault." she said as she stepped off the stage.
 
Two thirds of the song have gone through and Sparkle's guage was looking really low, but then again, so was Dexter's. "Oh how I hate this song." said Sparkle.
"It's not so bad." said Dexter.
"Not so bad? Baka, this is terrible."
"You're out."
"Huh?" Sparkle's temper cause her guage to drain. "You'll pay for this, Poindexter."
"Please exit stage right." Dexter joked.
 
Dexter managed to get through the stage.... barely. But beside the fact that he basically slid by, he was proud of the D he had. "I'm glad that's over." he told himself. "Pashmina, remind me never to do that again."
"Don't worry, I won't let you sting my pride with a song like this again." said Pashimina.
"Your pride is stung... mine is insulted." said Sparkle.
"You're just mad because the meal is on you. But don't worry, I won't hurt your wallet... I'm considerate when it comes to what I eat."
"Well Stan, we lost."
"It's okay, Sparkle." said Stan. "Let's go have a good meal."
"Yeah."
 
So the four hams walked off the Petals to get some grub.