Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ a tough call to make ( Chapter 24 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The hams left the fun park and headed home. "So, how did everyone do?" asked Boss.
"Well, Pashmina and I move on to the final round." said Dexter.
"Actually, you got the finals won." said Hamtaro.
"Why do you say that?"
"Bijou and I tied with Jam and Roll, which makes a bye for the other half of the finals. since you two were the other half, you guys win the doubles tournament."
"Cool, we won the doubles." said Pashmina.
"Don't get your hopes up." said Jam. "Rage and Emi won't just let you two get away with a victory on a count of a bye. I smell a rat and I don't mean us."
"How did you do Boss man?" asked Howdy.
"Since there was a bye, my match goes straight to the finals, but I lost." answered Boss.
"Tough break."
"Yes and no. Because of the bye, I finish the singles tournament in third place. I guess Miri will face the other guy tomorrow and I'm gonna cheer her on."
"Miri is in the tournament too?" asked Panda.
"Yup, I lost to her, but I'm not mad. I actually feel content, third place on the first try... it takes skill to do that."
"Say Boss, you mind if I--Wait, of course you don't. I'm always welcome to the clubhouse." said Jam.
"Of course." said Boss.
"So Jam, what are you and Roll gonna do after the awards ceremony of the ball?" asked Sandy.
"The same thing we always do, continue traveling the world." Jam answered.
"So I guess you'll want the hat back then..." Cappy trailed off.
"No way, those are gifts to you guys."
"Well, we all better be going our seperate ways, catch you guys later." said Stan.
"Later." everyone said and seperated.
 
Jam, Boss and Roll watched them go. "Not tell me again why Tango is leaving?" asked Boss.
"She wanted to escort Penelope home." Roll answered. "She'll be okay, I don't have to worry about her anymore. She's become self-reliant now."
*
 
Later that eveining, the world champs were in a caucus. "So lemme get this straight," Kit-n-Kat began, "there was a bye in the semifinals in the doubles competition? One side had a team go through while the other side had a draw? Hmm, that is a major pickle."
"Not to mention it being a first time this has happened." added Emi.
"Well, one thing is for sure, there was a bye in the quarterfinals and a branch actually made it there, so third place will easily be determined." said Rage. "However, it's the doubles competition that concerns me."
"What I don't understand is that red hamster. How... what... why did he execute a mode that we never heard of?"
"I don't know Emi, but let's forget about him and worry about the doubles remaining team, Dexter and Pashmina."
"Have you figured out how you're gonna deal with it?" asked Kit-n-Kat.
"I don't know. This has never happened before..." ansered Emi.
"I guess since their competition is out, we might as well hand them the trophy." said Rage. "There's no other option."
"True..." said Kit-n-Kat. "However......"
"However what?" Emi and Rage asked.
"The choice of them getting the first place trophy is on you two. Do you want to simply let them have it, or do you want to let them earn it?"
 
Emi and Rage were in shock. Kit-n-Kat headed for the door and off to her room. "You two sleep on it, 'cause it's basically your call. I can't decide for you. Catch you tomorrow."
"Sleep well, Kit." said Emi.
"What do you think we should do?" Rage asked his partner.
"I have no clue, but I respect whatever decision you make on this ordeal."
".....That's a big help, Emi."
"Come on, let's get some rest. Besides, I wanna snuggle...."
"Fine, let's snuggle and sleep on it."
 
Elsewhere, Dexter was still awake, he couldn't sleep. He was thinking bout tomorow. I can't believe Pashmina and I have no one left to face. he thought. I guess we're the winners then. Oh well... tomorrow is the day Pashmina and I take what's coming to us. And as a show of good faith, I'll coax Pashmina into dancing our song too. Dexter had a grin on his face. Well, first thing's first, must get to sleep.