Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor Again ❯ singles championship ( Chapter 25 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Message to the peeps: The wait is now over, it's time to see who gets what. I hope you're ready, 'cause the researching is now over. Welcome back to the ride.
 
Boss and the gang were all waiting for the rest of the hams to arrive, they had agreed to leave together as a show of support to their remaining friends. "What's taking those two so long to get here.... what's the big idea?"Boss was a bit irate and very impatient.
"Relax, Boss. They'll get here, so stop being so restless." said Hamtaro.
The hams soon turned to the door at the moment the sound of it cracking open was heard. "'Bout time." said Boss.
To everyone's amazment, Miri had walked into the clubhouse. "Hey everyone, it's been too long." she greeted.
"Hey Miri, how ya doing?" Stan greeted as usual.
"You haven't changed one bit."
"Sure I have. Miri, this is Sparkle, my date."
"You guys are still dating?" asked a shocked Sandy.
"Of course not, stupid." Sparkle answered. "This is a second date."
"Your date's got a mouth, Stan." Miri whispered to Stan.
"Yeah, and it's great for kissing."
 
"Hey you guys, sorry we're late." Dexter said as he walked in with Pashmina leaning on his left red in the face.
"What took you two so long, we were waiting.... and I was getting pissed!" Boss roared at them.
"Did you two stop to do the nasty on the way here?" asked Stan.
"Stan!" Sandy yelled at her twin. "That wasn't called for."
"Actually, that's what happened." answered Dexter.
The hams at the table fell over at that response. To think, one of Stan's smart remarks is actual fact this time around. "I see it worked, it was a quickie, right?" Jam asked, after he stopped his gigging.
"OF course, Pashmina isn't all tense like she was when I came to pick her up."
"That's a nice little remedy to clear the jitters out of someone."
 
The hams turned to see a not-so-unfamiliar face. "Yami, what are you doing here?" asked Boss.
"Quit your sniveling, my sibling and I were off to the fun park to watch the finals. It will be nice to see 'The One' and his partner take the doubles championship." Yami answered.
"Sorry to disappoint you, but Roll and I are out of the tournament." said Jam.
"IMPOSSIBLE!!! How were you beaten?!"
"Eveyrone get a draw every now and then, sheesh. I'm skilled, but I'm not invincible. Now look, let's leave before we're late."
*
The Comet Crew along with Boss and the gang walked to the Fun Park. "It's been so long, Jam. You're looking handsome now." said Miri.
"It lovely what a bit of water can do to glossy your coat." said Jam.
"Well, you've gotten nuts. A hamster that actually like the water.... it's craziness."
"Seamore likes the water, he can even swim." said Bijou.
I know how to swim as well, the water doesn't scare me. Jam added mentally.
"So exactly how did you end up losing?" asked Trav.
"Bijou and I tied with Jam and Roll on Nightmare Mode." Hamtaro answered.
"Nightmare Mode? Hey Noah, have you ever heard of Nightmare Mode before?"
"Nightmare mode.... interesting. So it does exist...." Noah said to himself.
"The thing that was the real kicker is that Rage, Emi, nor Kit-n-Kat knew about Nightmare Mode."
"So it actually exists.... I'm impressed that 'The One' knew about it." said Noah.
You'd think that after he lost, he'd have learned to call people by their names by now.... Oh well, Noah must revert a lot. Jam thought.
"So what's the deal with Nightmare Mode anyway?" asked Ice.
"From what I've heard, it's the hardest difficulty on the floor." Noah answered. "But seeing as it was executed in the semifinals, I missed the opportunity at seeing how it's played."
"Who knows, you might see Nightmare Mode played again if you're lucky." said Bijou.
 
The two parties mad their way to where the battles of truth would be held. "Well, it's time everyone for the last bit of the tournament." Rage explained. "Now, before we get underway, I would like to show our remaining competitors the trophies." Rage pointed out the tophies Where Emi and Kit-n-Kat were staning acting like that one girl from Wheel of Hamhams. "Now, without Further ado, let's get down to the battling." Rage continued. "As you can see, there's only one machine here and it will be the 'Battlefield of choice for our competitors. We'll start with the singles competition, so Kit-n-Kat...."
Rage moved away and Kit-n-Kat took the mic. "Okay, first off, I would like to say that there were a lot of draws in this tournament." she began. "I personally never seen so many draw matches in such a grand tournament. One of them was of course in the Semifinals of the singles competition. The two that were in on opposing branch tied, which led to the other two in the main branch a guaranteed spot of getting third place. Now before I go on, I'll need Will and Mirisha to step Forward." The two competitiors stepped up and took their places on the machine. "Now I want you two to understand that the step count on the machine will go no higher than a perfect step. This time around, it isn't who has the highest grade at the end, but who has more perfect steps will decide who wins. The winner of you two, will have not only be the winner of the singles division, but will also have the decision to battle against me. If you decline, no changes in title will occour, you'll still be the Floormaster's Ball Champion. Now should you choose to go against me and win, you'll be the new World Champion in the singles division.
 
"Well, I've said enough for one day, so without further ado, let's get this started. And to be fair about it, your songs will be chosen at random, with no full version songs. Are you ready?"
"I'm ready." answered Miri.
"I'm ready... to take your title." Will answered. "After I win this, get ready KK, you're going down."
"We'll see, Will. I like this guy's enthusiasm. I hope he does win, because it'll be all that more satisfying to wipe the smirk off his grin. Okay you two, set your modifiers now. You'll only be able to do it once and it lasts for the duration of your match." Kit-n-Kat advised.
Miri and Will set their modifiers accordingly and gave Kit-n-Kat a nod to signal they were ready. "Good fight and bring it home." Kit-n-Kat set the machine to random and hit the button.... it was officially on and battling. "Bring it home, Miri." Boss cheered and the girls added some woos.
"You can do it, Will." some fangirls cheered and screamed.
Let's see how skilled you've become since we last danced, Miri. Jam thought.
 
The first song turned out to be Hypnosis and it was on hard. As the song began, it had a quick tempo to it. When the steps came to it, they were quick but easy. Once the music kicked in, the two arrows were mixed into the speed of the single steps. Both players had a hard time with getting perfects, as most of their steps were great. "Man, this is a tough one to step to." said Will.
"This is a hard one to get perfect steps with." said Miri.
 
"Man, my eyes hurt." said Oxnard. "That's too fast."
"Yeah." agreed Boss.
"I'm glad the guages were turned off for this one." said Howdy. "Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing a championship match."
 
The steps only got even more relentless. the rapid stepping on one arrow at this speed brought misses and many good steps. The double steps were the same way and mercifully the song came to an end. "Man I'm glad this song's over, my feet hurt." said Miri.
"It hurts, but it's worth it." said Will.
When the results came up, both players got D rank and not too many perfect steps. Kit-n-kat stepped up to the machine. "Man, you guys must've really got spooked by my speech." she said.
"Get all your jokes in now, you'll be crying later." said Will.
"Well, the time is infinite so whenever you two are ready."
After Will and Miri caught their breath, "Hit it." they said and that's what the singles champ did.
 
"I sure hope they get a better song than last time." said Sandy.
"We'll see." said Sparkle.
By the sounding of the bgm, the hams new what was coming. "Wow, they got Turkey March this time." said Hamtaro.
"Piece of cake, but what difficulty is Oni?" asked Dexter.
"Challenge in other words." answered Maxwell. "and this song on Oni has a lot of rapid steps."
 
Maxwell was on the button here. Rapid Step was the name of the game for this song. Both competitors hadn't gotten a great yet. "I love Mozart." said Miri.
"I prefer Bach beter." said Will.
At the second verse of the "march", the greats were starting to show up on both sides. "What's the deal with Bach anyway, Mozart was a better composer in my opinion." said Miri.
"Transfer yer yapping to yer feet." said Will.
Oh yeah, this guy's a hellion.
 
Nearing the end of the song, Miri and Will seemed toe up as the final sequence of steps came underway and the song to its end. Both had gotten A ranks and some much needed perfects count. The dancing gods had given them their justice. Kit-n-Kat took her "stage" again. "This looks close people, all set over there?"
"Bring it, baby. The fire has been lit." said Will.
"Now all we need is for the mouth to be shut." shot Miri.
I like her already. thought Kit-n-Kat as she hit the button.
 
The third song was one that Jam knew all too well. "Oh yeah, yeah... I enjoy this song a lot." he said, "I can't resist gigging to this one."
"What's the name of it?" asked Bijou.
"Join the Party."
"It should give lost of perfect opportunities." said Maxwell.
"We'll see." said Hamtaro.
"Took the words from me." said Boss.
"And off Jam goes to dance to the music." said Cappy.
"He played this song a lot last night." said Boss.
"Really?" asked Pashmina.
"Yeah. He must really like this song."
 
Kit-n-Kat noticed Jam's dancing. Look at that showboat.... she thought. Oh well. He ain't hurting anyone.
As Miri and Will battled to the music, Jam gigged along and even sung it from the first verse.
 
Saturday night's not the night to be lonely.
Stayin at home all alone isn't right.
All your friends are out and about already.
Shouldn't you be out with your own kind?
 
"I like this music." said Miri.
"I concur... too bad the steps are all crazy." said Will.
Listen to him, he's singing the song. Attention freak. thought Kit-n-Kat.
 
Do you love the disco lights?
Do you love staying out all night?
Baby, I love a disco light
you can live forever.
 
"I should freestyle this song." said Will.
"After you get it for the home version." said Miri.
"Touchy are we?"
"Transfer your love of the song to your feet."
 
Hey, you can boogie who you are
you can be a shining star...
Join the Party!
 
Kit-n-Kat tried to hit Jam with a fan, but the giggin ham blocked the attack. No way, he saw it coming. she thought.
"If you wanted me to stop Kit, you could've just asked." said Jam as he gigged on.
"Please do, you aren't in the tournament anymore."
 
"You know Emi, I think Kit's starting to get annoyed of that red hamster." said Rage.
"I think she likes him." said Emi.
 
At the end of the song, the steps were pretty much even. Then once the final scores were displayed, it was a shocker. "No way, it can't be...." said Will.
"Well, what do ya' know...." said Miri.
Miri had Will beat by two perfect steps. It was over and Will was quite upset. "I can't believe I lost by two steps, it's not fair." he said.
"Hey, stop crying. You lost, Will... I know it's not by much, but it was fair and square." said Miri.
"Yeah, you're right. I guess that's just a force of habit to say it that way."
"Not bad, Miri. You really have improved since we last met." said Jam as he walked over to congradulate the winner.
"Thanks, Jam. It wasn't easy, but I won." Miri took a deep, cleansing breath. "I've learned a lot from this. It takes more than will power to get through tournaments like this. I know that despite the win I just made, I've still got much to learn. With that said, you can have your title Kit-n-Kat. Maybe in the future, we'll battle for the title... but not today."
"Well said, Miri. Well said indeed." said Jam.