Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

Something for the readers: Well, the votes have been tallied and now it's time for the next chapter. Don't get mad people, you voted on the outcome of this part. So if there are any complaints, You have to deal with yourselves for voting this way. And now, the next installment of the story.

Pashmina looked at the list of songs to choose from, each one different and gave a preview of the song when the name was highlighted by the cursor. I don't know which one to pick. she thought. Well, I have no choice now, it's all up to fate. But... this just doesn't seem right...

"Is something wrong, Pashy?" Jam asked her.

"I don't want to pick the songs for them."

"You have to, they're await the challenges of combat and you must lead them."

"But why does it have to be me?"

"Because you're the reason why Dex, Howdy and Stan are going at it."

"Ummm...."

"The battle is a journey is the many conquests paths that a soul must venture for the sake of his destiny."

"Heke?"

"In other words, those three are here to do battle. Battle which only one of them will win. Why do they battle? Because they love you. Now fate will decide in the form of the dance, which of these hams loves you more."

"Wow, Jam sure knows how to word things." said Miri.

"Those word remind me of something Elder Ham might say." said Maxwell.

"Pashmina must be, totally worried about who will become hers." said Sandy. "You would do battle for my like that, right Maxy?"

"Not only would I do battle for you, I would win the war."

Back to Pashmina, she saw something odd to her and called Jam over. "What's up, Pashy?" he asked.

"This song, Hero, is on here twice." Pashmina answered. "What is the difference?"

"Well, it's the same song, only they're at different speeds."

"Oh."

"This happens a lot. Certain songs have the name on them more than once. When this happens, it's usually a faster version of the song. In rare cases, like the song B4U, you have the normal song and then the extended version, or the complete version of the song. Or the same name, but a remixed version of the song."

"One last question, why aren't you battling for my affections?"

"Ummm..."

"Don't you like me?"

"I don't want to start anymore problems, Pashy. Don't get me wrong, I like you, but I'll let your 'boyfriends' go at each others throats."

"Good point."

Pashmina continued scrolling through songs and came upon one that suited her vibe and chose it. "Okay guys, we'll start with this song;" said Pashmina, "Boom Boom Dollar."

Jam stood next to Stan, "Don't mind me guys, I'm just shadowing." he told them.

As the song started, Dexter, Howdy, Stan and Jam followed the steps accordingly. Even though one of them wasn't going for her, Pashmina was happy to see Jam dance anyway. I think Jam's being considerate, she thought to herself. Oh well, I'll still get to see him move.

It didn't take long for the competing hams to get into the groove, Stan was going at this like he was a natural. "I like this game." he said while gettin down.

"This song's a little fast for me." whined Howdy.

"Crybaby," shot Dexter, "you just don't have the coordination like Stan and myself. You need to work on your moves."

"This is my first time."

"It's mine too, bad I'm not struggling like you are."

"Keep talking Dex, keep talking."

"If you two keep arguing with each other, Pashmina will be my girl after this is over." Stan reminded the rivals. "So unless you want my arm around her shoulder and her lips touching mine, focus on the task at hand."

Jam kept an eye on the competitors, Stan must really want Pashmina. he thought, but his sister said he goes after all of the girls. Which reminds me. Who else is going to battle for Bijou? I know Boss is, but who else, hmmm?

Dexter, Howdy and Stan made it through the first song and awaited their grades. Howdy wasn't too pleased, "I got a 'c'? What a rip." he said.

"If you had coordination like me, you'd have an 'a' like I do." said Dexter.

"Yeah, true." Stan admitted. "But if you were flawless like me, you'd have a 'double a' like me."

Watching the participants, Sandy and the others were amazed. "Can you believe it?" Sandy asked. "My flirt of a brother is totally into this competition."

"Yeah," agreed Maxwell, "He looks focused."

"I can't wait to see who steps up and like, goes for Bijou's affections."

"Yeah, I know, that will be good. What do you think, Bijou?"

"I already know who." Bijou answered and walked away from the two. She passed by Boss who was watching Stan and glanced over to Hamtaro, who was sitting next To Cappy and Panda. I hope he battles for me... her thoughts trailed off.

Jam saw this behavior, So she does like Hamtaro? he thought. Don't you worry Bijou, your wishes will be fulfilled, but looking at Boss' expression, it's not going to be easy for him. Panda Likes Bijou as well, so he might get on the floor when it comes to our petite hammette. Monsieur Boss will have his hands full with two hams to battle.

Meanwhile, Pashmina was trying to decide between two songs. Let's see, there's this one song I like, but can't read the name, she thought. And there's another song I like called Dynamite Rave. Oh wait, should there be anymore competition left, I'll just choose the other one. Then she came to a decision, "Dynamite Rave it is." and chose the next song.

Cool, this is one of my faves. thought Jam, then he stood next to Stan.

"What are u doing?" asked Stan.

"Don't mind me, I'm just shadowing."

Dynamite Rave began it's flow, simple and with a decent speed. As Pashmina watched the four hams jam to the song she chose, the responsible ham moved to the beat as well. I knew I liked this song. she thought happily.

Jam and Stan were free styling this song, Stan more than Jam. It seemed like Stan actually did this before he met up with Sandy and the gang. Pashmina, you really know to pick the songs. thought Stan, it's like she knows how to give me the right stuff.

Howdy was having problems with this song, I hope this ends quickly, he thought, because I'm having a hard time with this one.

Jam stopped shadowing and saw that Howdy was in the danger zone. Howdy's gauge is real low. he thought. Come on Howdy, suck it up.

After ten seconds, the song was over and Howdy just barely made it out of there with a little bit of gauge. "Cutting it a bit close, eh?" asked Dexter.

"That was a tough song." Howdy answered.

"Tough? That was child's play, wasn't it Stan?"

"Ohhh yeah." Stan answered. "Pashmina, booby, baby, you really know how to pick songs I can move to. Bless me with another good one."

"Good job Howdy," congratulated Jam. "For a minute there, it looked like you weren't going to be in this third song."

"Well I'm still here." Howdy said with a laugh. "I'm still in the running for my baby, Pashmina."

"She was getting down at the controls to the rave as well."

"Jam, you're gonna' make me kiss you again."

"Well, I better let you choose the next song before you fall for me then."

"Ready Howdy, here we go."

Pashmina chose the song she couldn't read, and from the very beginning, Dexter was in sync with the song. "Now I can get down to this one." he said.

"This is great." said Stan. "I think I found my favorite song."

There came a part in the song where fast footwork was in order. Dexter and Stan went through this with little trouble, none at all for Dexter, but Howdy couldn't keep up. As a result, his gauge emptied and the sound of a gunshot was heard... Howdy was out of the running. "Well I'm out, but I had fun anyway." he said and walked off of his portion of the floor.

And then there were two, Dexter and Stan. At the end of the round, every ham watching gave a round of applause. "Tough break Howdy," said Hamtaro, "you gonna be ok?"

"Yeah." Howdy answered without hesitation. "It's just a game and I had fun while it lasted."

Pashmina was a little saddened, I thought Stan would be the first one to go. she thought. Oh well.

"So Pashmina," Sandy began, "What's next for Dex and my brother?"

"Another one of 'Stan's greatest Hits' of course." Stan answered.

"Wrong." Pashmina answered. "I'm going to choose a complete song now, just to test your stamina."

"That is so totally smart, Pashmina. Like, good luck guys."

"Thanks, Sandy." Dexter and Stan said.

"Okay, next up is Hot Limit. Are you guys ready, here we go."

And Hot Limit was under way, both Dexter and Stan were sensing the end coming near. "May the best ham win." said Dexter.

"Thanks," said Stan, "even though we know that it's me."

As the music got into the notes, the two remaining hams shook, then stepped to the beat. All the other hams watched as the two friendly adversaries battled it out one more time, "This is going to be the final match, I can taste it." said Maxwell.

"Okwee." said Penelope.

"Come again?"

Sandy answered for Penelope. "What does it taste like?"

"Lettuce."

Jam's mind was elsewhere, Which girl will be up for grabs next... hmm.

The song started out easy and both ham boys got into it quickly. A little while into the song, however, Dexter's gauge was in danger. That's not good. he thought, a little scared.

Hmf, he's already in danger of losing? Stan thought, Dex and I haven't even been through half of this song yet and he's struggling. This will be an easy win for me.

What's wrong with me? I can't seem to be concentrating at all. C'mon man, focus. You said you would make her yours today and you meant it. I'll be the one to win your affections my darling, and no one will stop me... not even Stan.

Dexter managed to return his gauge, but it went back to dangerous after in a short while. "You won't win dancing like that." said Stan.

"Don't worry about me, worry about your own footwork."

"Fine, I will."

Dexter made it to safe gauge distance and was ready for more. There was a pause in the halfway point of the story. "You're doing as bad as Howdy was last song." said Stan.

"Are you still on that?" asked Dexter.

"Of course, it's a factor. No matter, Pashmina will be my girlfriend after your inevitable loss."

"You know, the more you mock me with your bragging, the more negative chi your body consumes."

"And your chi's positive?"

"No, neutral."

"Well I got a question for ya', how are you going to win when you barely escape danger?"

"Just wait and see."

The second half of the song just started and the two hams were back in action. "Who do you think will win, Jam?" asked Pashmina.

"Not who I think," Jam answered, "so let's see if my prediction is right."

Dexter was actually keeping his own, then the notes sped up, making both hams step in and out of danger, literally. "Whoa. Like, who kicked in the speed?" asked Sandy.

"Music work in many ways." answered Maxwell.

Jam folded his arms, This is gonna be close. he thought. I sure hope this won't be a tie...

"Man, it's starting to get too fast." said Stan.

"It's not the speed that's getting to ya," said Dexter, "it's karma. I'm doing just fine, now that I have my second wind."

I wish my second wind kicks in soon...

Stan managed to survive the speed trap. However, the notes became tricky, which made Stan hustle. Dexter on the other hand, who was showing all skill on the floor, looked over and Stan's near empty gauge. "Not too quick to speak about someone's footwork now are you, Stan?" questioned Dexter.

"It had to get tricky now." was all Stan said.

"Where's your bragging now, you egotist?"

Stan made it through the tricky part, but soon after, Stan missed two notes. After three and three-quarters of song, his chance at Pashmina blacked out.

His dance was over.

Dexter was on the floor alone, still going on dancing, but Pashmina didn't know why. Then she asked Jam and he explained everything. "True, Dexter is the last one on the floor, he has to finish the song to win."

"Oh, that makes since." Pashmina said. She was a little disappointed, but only because she wanted to see Dexter go this distance against Howdy, but it didn't matter to her now. "Well Pashy, this song's just about over." Jam told her. "Shadow Dexter into victory, I think he's deserved it."

And that's exactly what she did. During the final pause in the song, Pashmina stood by Dexter's right on the floor and shadowed the rest of the song, fighting back tears of joy in the process. He really does love me. she thought happily.

Once the song was over, all of the hams applauded them, and Dexter got a little victory sugar from a certain ham wearing a pink scarf. "Way to go, Dexy." Pashmina said.

"No," Dexter corrected, "we won... my 'Precious-Mina', we won."

"So Jam," Bijou began, "What happens now?"

Jam had a smile on his face, "Now it's your turn."

"He-ke!" shouted everyone, including Penelope.

"Now it's time to clear the floor, and time for Bijou to be won. Now Boss, and all the other hams who wish to battle for Bijou's love and honor, step on the floor."

Boss took his place on the floor where Dexter stood and awaited his challengers. "Hey Stan, you getting back up here?" Boss asked.

"As much as I want to battle for Bijou, I'm winded." Stan answered. "So sadly, I'll be sitting this one out."

Good, thought a happy Boss. One less problem to deal with. Now who else wants to step up?

I won't let Boss scare me any longer, Hamtaro thought. It's time I faced you on level ground. Then he stepped up to the floor, "I'll take you on, Boss."

A burst of excitement filled Bijou's body, the ham she wanted was not ready to battle. "Whoops, I almost forgot." Jam said. "Dance floor, change to five-step."

The arrows on the dance floor changed from the four arrows in the form of a cross into five arrows in the form of an "X", now the stage was set. "What was zhat?" asked Bijou.

"Switched the floor patterns." Jam answered. "So, there are no more hams battling for Bijou's affections?"

Boss and Hamtaro look around, "I guess not." they answered.

"Well then my friends," Jam removed his backpack, "You are wrong."

"Wait a minute," said Hamtaro. "You don't mean that-"

"Yes, I'm going into battle as well."

As Jam stepped to the floor, Boss and Hamtaro noticed the spot on his back, which looked like and is like the sun. "Okay Bijou," Jam said, "let's get this battle for your love on the road."

Well people, now it's your turn again. Who should win Bijou; Boss, Hamtaro, or Jam? Send in your decision with your reviews.