Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Love Battles on the Floor ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]

Something for the readers: I would like to thank all the peeps that said their piece and read this story, because it's the very first story I've put here. Also this is where we end the line so read up and enjoy. Also, I'm going off the poles of this even though some people didn't want me to (you know who you are), so thank you and enjoy the last chap of this story.

Stan sat down, tired from his efforts to win Pashmina, he went over to snag a drink. "Man, dancing works up a thirst." he told himself.

"Here." Miri handed Stan a drink, which he gladly took. "You were really great on the floor, you should do this more often."

"Maybe I will."

"Next time, I'll dance with you."

"Cool."

Meanwhile, Bijou was trying to figure out a song for the guys to pick. Oh, I cannot choose wheech one to play for Zhem. she thought.

"Don't you worry Bijou, I won't lose." said Boss. "We'll soon be together, wait and see."

A chill was sent through Bijou's spine, which she quickly forgot and went back to choosing a song. "So what king of hamster are you anyway, Jam?" asked Hamtaro.

"A rare breed known as Ra's Hamster." Jam answered. "We were considered to be extinct, but were found in the second world flourishing."

"Hey, did I miss anything?" asked Panda.

"Where did you run off to?" asked Stan.

"Had to crap. What's going on, anyways?"

"Dexter ended up with Pashmina, now they're going for Bijou."

"Stooooooppp!"

Panda hurried to the floor, and the others looked at him in suprise. "You okay, Panda?" asked Jam.

"Did you guys do a song already?" asked Panda.

"No, not yet, why?"

"Because I wanna' get in if it's not too late."

"Sure you can, Panda. Just stand next to Hamtaro and hit the middle step and you're in the game."

"Whew, I made it. I thought I missed it when I went to the bathroom..."

Panda did just that, but Bijou was even more saddened by this. Great, now I have to deal with four hams now. she thought. I guess I get a lot of guys' attention, non?

"You okay, Bijou?" asked Hamtaro.

"Just need to find a good song." Bijou answered.

"It doesn't matter. Just so you know, I'm going to do my best in this contest. That way, I'll have no regrets no matter what happens."

"Spoken like a real sport, Hamtaro." said Jam, but he thought otherwise. With Panda in it now, I really have to rethink my strategy. I didn't expect him to join, but I'm glad he did. Now I have another ham to outdo on the floor. Hey, the more the merrier, right...

Bijou stopped on a peculiar song, one that was fast paced. Eet's time to shorten zhees up. she thought. Then said, "Okay mon amis, here you go. The song she chose first was Antonio Vivaldi's "Winter", and it proved to be a worthy song to choose at this point in time. Something's wrong here... Hamtaro thought.

"Jam, have you heard of this song?" Boss asked Jam.

"Yes I have," answered Jam, "and it's a fast one."

"Oh great."

Hamtaro thought right, I knew something was wrong here. Bijou wouldn't play a fast song on purpose, would she?

Winter, thought Jam, this is one I have only seen people do, but haven't shadowed. This will be tougher than I thought, and Bijou must really mean business.

The song began, and even though no note came up, all four ballters were starting to sweat. I hope I can make it through this song. they all thought. The notes began and it seemed like things were going good for the guys. So far, so good. thought Jam. As the next set of notes came along, Boss was starting to have a lot of trouble, Hamtaro was feeling it in his feet, as was Panda, and Jam was mentally praying. As the bridge came along, three of the four hams made it to the bridge, but Panda wasn't so lucky. He tried hard to hit with the notes, but ended up missing more than he could hit, and his gauge drained. Hamtaro saw this and felt bad, Man, Panda didn't last for half of the song. he thought, I hope I can get farther than that...

Halfway into the song, all three hams were in the danger zone, it wasn't looking good for them. "Suck it up guys, or no one gets Bijou." said Jam in an attempt to boost spirits and stamina.

"Easier said than done." Boss and Hamtaro said back.

It was tough going, but they all managed to get out of there, Boss, by the skin of his teeth and Jam even more so, Hamtaro finally made it out of the danger zone at the end. The guys all got a "D" grade, and were happy it was over. "Please tell me there aren't any other songs like that..." said Boss.

Jam was gasping for air, "There are, sadly." he told Boss, "and some that are faster."

"Faster?!" Boss and Hamtaro cried.

"Faster eet eez, boys." Bijou said with evil intent.

"No, wait."

"Next up, 'She likes pizza' for you guys." and chose the next song.

The three hams just groaned.

Bijou had a plan. Boss eez very pooped out. she thought, he won't make eet through zhees one. It will be all Jam and Hamtaro soon. I don't want eet like eet ees, but I want to know how much you love me, that's all...

It was a good plan, Bijou knew what she was doing. It's too bad Boss managed to survive that song, but Jam's gauge drained at the very end, which made him mad. "Man, I got robbed." said Jam.

"Tough tomatoes, 'Boogie Boy', Bijou won't be in your arms." Boss said and had a hearty laugh.

Silly ham, I was only testing your merit. I had planned on making sure it was you and Hamtaro, Boss. But I guess my plan worked a little too well. I'll be redoing this one again.

Bijou was mad at herself as well. I guess Boss has more energy zhan expected. she thought. I guess I learned it hard, non?

"Tough break, Jam." Stan said, "I was hoping you'd end up with Hamtaro. Dancing it out for Bijou, I mean."

"I wanted to get through that song." Jam said. "Oh well, it's just a game."

"True, but you lost getting Bijou as your girl."

"Bijou's a real doll, but I guess fate didn't want me to have her."

"Who cares if you lost, Jam," Sandy chimed, "you were totally cool up there."

"Thanks, you're a real sport."

"I wonder who would do better, you or Stan?"

"Dunno. Well Bijou, pick the next song for the last hams."

Eet's time to end zhees now! Bijou thought, then said, "Jam, what is ze one song like? I nevaire heard of eet before."

"What's it called?"

"Monsiour Larpus."

Jam jumped back, "You must be kidding."

"Jam actually jumped out of his socks, eh?" asked Boss. "It can't be that bad."

"You're right, it's worse! Mr. Larpus is one of those 'heart attack' songs. Even I wouldn't wish that on my enemies."

"It's that bad?" asked Hamtaro.

"He wasn't listening, Hamtaro, it's nearly murder trying to do that song."

"It can't be all that. Boss and I can manage Mr. Larpus, right Boss."

"No sweat." Boss answered.

"Good," said Bijou devilishly, "now let's see you, how you say, 'Practees what you preach.' non?"

Bijou scrolled to Mr. Larpus and chose it. Jam just swallowed hard, Hamtaro and Boss must really be nuts to say something like that about this one. he thought. Either that, or they just want to be brave and keep from swallowing their pride. Something tell me that those two will be severely punished for their egos...

As the song began, Boss and Hamtaro weren't even stressing this song. "Jam you weinie-ham," Boss said, "you were afriad of this?"

"Yeah, this is easy." said Hamtaro.

"What a cakewalk."

But Boss was all too soon to eat his words, as was Hamtaro. "Okay, I take it back." said Hamtaro. "This is nuts!"

"I was right, this is no sweat," said Boss, "but it'll bring a lot of tears!"

Even though they were in the danger zone, Boss and Hamtaro made it to the bridge. "Finally, a break." Boss said.

"I hope we get a good break time." said Hamtaro.

"Not a chance." said Jam, "back to hustle you two."

"AW MAN!" Boss and Hamtaro whined, and in came the quick notes.

"Pride is the biggest seed for any ham to swallow, and sometimes it hurts to stomach it."

"I read that saying in a book once." said Maxwell.

"You're not helping."

It took a while, but Boss's guage finally drained on the final stretch of the song, Hamtaro was still struggling. Next time, I'm not gonna run my big mouth when it come to songs like this. thought Hamtaro. Hamtaro made it through the hustle and enjoyed the last slow notes of the song, it was done and he was happy. His victory came with applause, even from Boss and Panda. "Man Hamtaro, you da ham." said Dexter.

"I guess I am, huh? No sweat." said a pooped Hamtaro.

"Magnifique, Hamtaro." said a happy Bijou.

"Thanks."

After that performance, Hamtaro got many a pat on the back. He was tired, but soaking in his praises like a sponge. Bijou even gave him a kiss for his efforts. Stan just watched a good ways away, when his shoulder was tapped. "Huh, what the-"

Before he could finished, Miri had him in a nice embrace. "You may not have Pashmina, but I think you are great." she said. "Besides, I love your footwork."

"Ah yes, my moves did me well." said Stan, placing his arm around Miri's shoulder.

Cappy was a little down by this, "Oh well, I guess she likes him after all..." he said.

"Ok-yooo..."

Cappy turned to see Penelope standing there alone, she even winked at him. "Come on Penny." he said and the young ham ran into Cappy's arms. "I guess that makes us a couple, doesn't it?"

Penelope answered by lifting her yellow cloak over Cappy's face, clearly those two were making out under it.

Jam was happy to see all the couples, Looks like my new friends are happy now. he thought. It's time I took my leave.... and with that, Jam picked up his backpack and left unnoticed...

or so he thought, "Going somewhere, Jam?" asked Boss.

"Yup, I'm outta here." Jam answered.

All the hams turned their focus, "He-keee?" they all said.

"Don't get it wrong guys, but I'm glad to see you all like this. Truthfully, this was my plan all along."

"Will we, like, meet up again someday?" asked Sandy.

"Only time will tell. Until then, see ya'!"

"Bye-Q!" said all the hams.

"Bye-kwee!" said Penelope.

"We go head to head next time, Jam!" Yelled Stan

*

The next day, all of our happy couples showed up in hand for the usual meeting. "So what do you guy want to do today?" asked Miri.

"Let's get on the floor today," Howdy answered. "We can practice our moves some more, and give homage to Jam in the process."

"Good idea," said Dexter, "but couples first."

Suddenly, the hams heard music playing, and everyone went outside to see what was going on. There the floor was, but no one was on it. "That's odd. Someone was playing on it." said Hamtaro.

"Here's a note." said Stan.

"Like, read it already." said Sandy.

And Stan read the letter;

"Hey guys,

I'm really glad that all of my new friends have decided to coexist now, thanks to this game. It's true what they say, 'Sometimes, it's the oddest things that bring hamsters together.' I decided to leave this here with you guys so you can keep on playin that rhythm. So look through the songs and everything and find your favorites. Now for some instructions; Press the green button to change the floor into four, five, six, or nine steps. Use the floor arrows to change the difficulty accordingly, when ready to put it away, it folds up and moves easily. Panda knows what to do, so ask him about that further. Finally, have fun and try out the new song on here. It's another one of my personal favorites and you'll know it when you see it. Well see you next time guys, and keep practicing, 'cause it really does make perfect.

Bye-Q,

-Jam."

"Jam, you're all right." said Boss.

The others agreed, "So which couple goes first?" asked Hamtaro.

"Okyoo!" answered Penelope, pulling Cappy onto the floor with her.

"Hey Stan, take the controls." said Cappy.

"No problem, I'll be D.J." said Stan.

"You mean, F.J." Maxwell corrected.

"What-ever. Now let's look for that new song."

Stan scrolled through and found it, and a big suprise as well, "Heke?" everyone was suprised to see Jam on the screen. "Jam's Theme, eh?" asked Stan, "I like you more already." and chose his song. "Everyone shadows this song, so don't hate."

"Right!" said all the hams.

As Jam's song began, all the hams moved to it, trying to move to it and they were all having a good time, dancing and shadowing to the beat.

But what they didn't know, was they weren't the only ones shadowing Jam's theme. High in a tree not far from where they were, Jam was dancing to his own song, and singing to it as well....