Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ Mizuki and Izumi ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm deliriously happy to announce that the nails are off, and there will be no more delay on the story. The tips are off and nothing hinders my typing now. Oh, I have done research on babies now for a more realistic effect. I feel stupid, but I know you all want the chapter not to be blind sided. Oh if anyone cares, I recommend BabyCenter (.) com , it is great for tips and stuff. Oh, new parents who may read, you are special, good luck and God bless. Oh, this chapter has to be the longest I've ever written. It's total is almost 4,000 words. It took days to write it. I am sorry I couldn't release it during the weekend, but I was too busy to write. -TheHakuStoryWriter
-Izumi sat with two month old Kurosu on the couch, watching as Mizuki and Shin fought. Once again Shin had made Mizuki angry about doing something with Kurosu around. Izumi looked at Shin's newest girlfriend, and sighed. Kurosu stared at his mother and uncle, most likely wondering what was going on.
"Shin, the only reason why you're living here was to take care of Kurosu, not to be doing as you please with some girl!" Mizuki yelled, before Izumi stood up.
"Shin, leave." Izumi said in a serious tone.
"What, why Izumi!?" Shin yelled while Izumi started to bring Kurosu to his room.
"You are keeping Kurosu up, and you are bothering us. Leave with your girlfriend, and go somewhere else." Izumi said before closing the door to the baby's room.
Shin stared at the door to the room for a minute, before he grabbed his girlfriend and left. It was then that Mizuki went on the room after Izumi.
"Izumi, are you okay?" She said watching as he held Kurosu.
"Yes, it's best for Kurosu if Shin isn't around." Izumi said.
"Izumi, he's your brother, how can you say that?" Mizuki said to him.
"Because he isn't good for our son Mizuki," Izumi stated, 'besides, today and the day he left you alone, only proves that we can't trust him around Kurosu."
Mizuki stopped and looked at Kurosu, Izumi was right. Shin couldn't be trusted around Kurosu, there was too much of a chance of something bad happening. Kurosu started to cry in Izumi's arms, that is when Izumi noticed that he needed to be changed.
Mizuki headed towards the door with Kurosu in his baby carrier. It had been three days since Izumi had kicked Shin out of their house. Ever since, Mizuki had noted how much happier they all were, and how all the trouble Shin had caused seemed to of effected Kurosu.
"Izumi, I'm bring Kurosu with me to buy some food. We'll be back shortly." Mizuki called out opening the door.
It was then that she almost ran into Shin.
"Oh, sorry sis! Um, is Izumi home?" Shin asked seeing that she almost ran into him.
"Shin! Go away! Izumi mustn't see you here!" Mizuki yelled at him urging him away from the house.
"Knock it off sis, I need to talk to Izumi!" Shin said, making his way back.
"Shin, why are you bothering my wife?" Izumi said coldly.
"Ah, Izumi! I really wanted to," Shin was stopped short by Izumi, "you need to leave Shin"
"Why Izumi, we're brothers." Shin said to him.
Mizuki decided that she better hurry on to buy groceries and not expose Kurosu to whatever was going to happen.
"Shin, that maybe true, but I cannot trust you around Kurosu. You are too unpredictable," Izumi told him.
"Oh, is that so? And who declared me that, huh Izumi?! You or your wife!? You know, you were different before Kurosu was born, and before you met Mizuki!" Shin yelled clinching his fists.
"Shin, that maybe true, but how do I know that you won't do anything to Kurosu? How do I know you won't leave him like you did his mother?" Izumi said to him, cutting a old wound.
"So, you're still bitter about that, huh Izumi? Well, you don't know, but Izumi it's your fault!" Shin yelled, now walking away, making Izumi pursue.
Mizuki picked up a head of lettuce and showed it to Kurosu.
"Isn't this a pretty head of lettuce Kerusu?" Mizuki said, dangling it above the child.
She watched as he squealed happily, as she smiled back.
Mizuki then put it in heir cart and looked at over things they may need. She started to wonder what was happening between Izumi and Shin. Surely they wouldn't become violent, after all, Izumi had her and Kurosu to think about, plus he wasn't the type. But Shin would. That worried Mizuki. It was when she heard Kurosu start to fuss at her, that she strayed away from her thoughts.
"What is it, huh, Kurosu?" She said babying him.
He looked very tired-like at his mother, making her realize that she needed to wrap up soon.
Mizuki came home to see what she had feared, Izumi and Shin in a brawl. She quickly took Kurosu inside and put him to bed. Then came out to stop the fight.
"What the Hell do you two think you're doing!?" She yelled making them tear a part.
"Oh hi sis, isn't it obvious, me and bro here are having a discussion on who's the better man." Shin said while breathing hard.
"So you two are having a fight in broad daylight!? What are you, dogs!?" Mizuki yelled at them.
"No, we're men, and I can't have bro here keep on dissing my pride!" Shin yelled acting like he may strike Izumi again.
"Well, I can't help it when my little brother keeps acting like an idiot!" Izumi yelled defending himself.
Mizuki watched as they then started back to fighting. Soon, one of the neighbors called the PoPo and they were pulled off of each other and were dragged to the jail house. Afterward Mizuki called their father, and had him bail them out and bring Izumi home.
(When Izumi comes home)
"Izumi, are you sure you shouldn't go see someone about your cuts and bruises?" Mizuki asked concerned.
"No, I'll be fine." Izumi told her while letting her tend to him.
"Izumi, I'm telling you you need to see a doctor." Mizuki said cleaning up his wounds.
"Fine, go check on Kurosu." Izumi said, going for the door.
"Wait, Izumi! At least let me call your father!" Mizuki said, unfortunately, Izumi had left by that time.
Izumi walked the streets heading towards any clinic or hospital that would take him. His wife had been right, he did need a doctor. If only he hadn't walked out of the house, what would happen if he collapsed? What if he never woke up? He couldn't afford to leave Mizuki alone with Kurosu for the rest of her life, and how would he ever make up with Shin? It was then that he realized that after today, what chance did they have of making up? Then again, he had thought that before he met Mizuki, but they worked things out. How could they possibly do that now? It was then that Izumi came up with a plan, first he needed a doctor. So he traveled onward and found a hospital. There he gave more thought into thinking further on his plan.
Shin answered the phone to hear that his brother was in the room next to him. The nurse informed him that his brother wished to see him, not to fight, but to talk. Shin, curious, accepted and was brought to his brother's room.
"Shin, I want to talk to you about Kurosu."
Shin looked at Izumi and laughed.
"I thought you'd be talking about something interesting, not the kid again!"
Izumi and Shin looked at one another, while Shin continued to laugh.
"Shin, how do you feel about Mizuki and Kurosu?"
He stopped laughing and gave Izumi a serious look at the mention of how he felt.
"I don't like them."
Izumi was surprised, he didn't expect him to be so blunt.
"Why not?"
Shin started to play with the chair next to him.
"Because, you care for them more than me for starters. You've always cared for Kurosu, even before his birth, but me, I'm a disposable item to you."
Izumi stared at him for a moment, baffled by those words.
"I don't like Mizuki either. She's loud, annoying, and you love her more than me."
That really surprised Izumi, he shook his head at the words.
"Where ever did you gather all that from Shin? You're my brother, of course I care and I love you Shin."
Shin looked at Izumi in disbelief.
"You still can say that after all the stuff I've put you through?"
"Yes, however, I am afraid I cannot trust you around Kurosu just yet."
Shin looked away from Izumi.
"Yeah, I understand. But can I at least visit!?"
"Yes..." Izumi said before sighing.
Shin and Izumi came down to Izumi's house to see Mizuki outside with Kurosu and a client (they agreed to let them come to their house). She had put Kurosu in a baby stroller with the top down and was teaching the dog some commands. Izumi noted the fact that they both seemed happy today. Izumi immediately went to see Kurosu, since Mizuki was with a client. Shin followed him, but would not go near the baby.
"It's hard to believe that he's almost 3 months now, huh Izumi?" Shin said, looking at his nephew.
"It's been almost a year since me and Mizuki were talking about having him," Izumi replied back, letting his son mess with his finger.
"Say Izumi, isn't your anniversary coming up then?" Shin asked him, reminding Izumi that it was that week.
"Yes, it's this week in fact," Izumi told him, hoping he couldn't tell he forgot.
"Hey Izumi, what have you bought for Mizuki?" Shin asked, making Izumi know full well he was going to find out.
"Let's not talk about that Shin. Unless you want to tell me what you bought us?" Izumi said catching that Shin forgot too.
"I can't tell you that Izumi!" Shin yelled confirming that he forgot.
"Looks like uncle Shin forgot, huh Kurosu?" Izumi said playing with the baby.
"Did not! You're the one who forgot Izumi!" Shin yelled back.
"Uncle's funny, isn't he Kurosu?" Izumi said watching as the baby grabbed his finger.
"Izumi, quit ignoring me!" Shin yelled while Izumi continued to play with Kurosu.
Mizuki then chose that time to come over there.
"Izumi, why is Shin with you, I thought you two were in a fight." She asked off the bat.
"We made up, so how's the lesson?" Izumi asked picking up Kurosu, who was signaling that he wanted to be held.
"I see, well Kurosu was being fussy today. He was..." Before Mizuki could finish Izumi had throw up on him, "he was sick, or should I say, is sick."
Izumi carefully gave her Kurosu and went inside to clean up.
"So why is he sick?" Shin asked, trying not to laugh at Izumi.
"He's switching to a bottle and he isn't liking it." Mizuki replied starting to clean Kurosu off.
"Oh, you know yours and bro's anniversary is this week." Shin said almost making her stop cleaning Kurosu up.
"Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot! What to buy Izumi...?" Mizuki said changing Kurosu's outfit.
"Why not something he likes?" Shin suggested.
"I don't have a clue, lately all we talk about is Kurosu." Mizuki said miserably.
"Well, Izumi likes you, and you two haven't done anything alone in some time, why not take the day off with each other?" Shin suggested.
"This late in the week, and what about Kurosu?!" Mizuki said shooting it down.
"Well, I could watched him, while you two stay at home." Shin asked knowing that she'd reject.
"What, no, Izumi wouldn't allow it." She said off the bat.
"I understand, then why not have a friend watch him, while you stay home?" Shin asked.
"I guess I could check with Izumi about it. But Shin, sorry, it's just that we can't fully trust you with Kurosu yet."
"I understand Mizuki, I'd do the same thing if it were my kid." Shin smiled a little.
"Thanks for understanding Shin!" Mizuki said putting a new outfit on Kurosu.
"Do you want to hold him?" Mizuki asked holding Kurosu outward toward Shin.
"Sure!" Shin said taking him.
Shin felt his nephew's hand (Kurosu extended it and had grabbed his), it was soft, way softer than his. The little baby had some hair now, he was drooling more now to (drooled on his finger). It was safe to say that his nephew was growing. Shin took notice of how Kurosu was looking even more like his brother. Dark hair and eyes, skin tone, little things like that is what really made Kurosu look so much like Izumi. Very small amounts of his mother shown through when he looked at him. Shin hoped that Kurosu wasn't all like her, just in some ways. He knew Izumi wouldn't want Kurosu to be a lot like her either. He would be like his father too, he hoped. Wait, what is he doing being all sentimental!?
"So, um, is he going to throw up on me?" Shin asked hesitantly.
"I don't think so, he should be fine after throwing up on Izumi." Mizuki said while going back to work.
"Does he need to go to the doctor?" Shin asked her.
"Yes, he has an appointment in an hour, I was hoping Izumi could take him." Mizuki said while giving signals to the dog.
"You were? Sorry, I made plans," Izumi said coming out of the house.
"Well, I can." Shin said to them.
"Izumi?" Mizuki said wondering what his verdict would be.
"Can you take care of him?" Izumi asked seriously.
"Yeah, I can. Besides, he's been sick all day, so he really doe need to go right?" Shin said to them.
"Fine. I may not like this, but everyone else is busy today (knows their plans)." Izumi told him.
"Hear that Kurosu, uncle Shin is taking care of you!" Shin said excited.
Shin and Kurosu entered the doctors office. It was the first time that Shin had been in one since he himself was a child. He noted the sick and well children whom were all waiting to see their doctor, and the parents who were with them. As he sat, he also noted the mothers whom all thought that Kurosu was his kid. So much so, that they were pissing him off. It was when one of them said something load enough that he could hear that he spoke up.
"Idiots, this is my nephew, not my son!" Shin almost yelled loudly, making them stop talking.
It was he he saw Kurosu look like he was about to cry. He then put a rag on his shoulder and picked him up (took notice of what happed with Izumi). He began to soothe him by rubbing his back. It was while he was that the nurse called them in.
Shin held Kurosu while the nurse started to ask him questions.
"How old is Kuroso-kun?"
"2 months and three weeks."
"Are you his father or another family member?"
"I'm his uncle."
The nurse smiled at that.
"You're brother and sister must trust you to watch their son!"
"Well, I think I was the last person they wanted."
Shin laughed somewhat at those words while the nurse did her best to keep her smile. She then quickly finished her questions, leaving them alone. When she did, Shin noticed that Kurosu was sleeping.
"Hey, you should give me some warning kid..." Shin said before placing him in his stroller.
Shin watched him sleep for a while before the doctor came in.
"Hello, I heard that you're the child's uncle and so where is the baby?" The doctor asked immediately.
"He's sleeping in his stroller." Shin said going over to take Kurosu out.
"I understand the child is throwing up all his formula and is very cranky." The doctor said going over the charts.
"Yes, he is... Um doctor, Kurosu isn't responding...!" Shin said freaking out.
"What, move!" The doctor yelled pushing Shin out of the way.
Luckily, Kurosu was breathing, but he wasn't waking up.
"You, tell the nurse to call 911!" The doctor yelled to Shin, while Shin ran out of the room.
Izumi and Mizuki ran into the hallway where the doctors were keeping Kurosu, to see Shin waiting.
"Hey, the doctors aren't letting anyone in, and so far the think it's the formula. But they're still checking." Shin informed them.
"So when are they letting us in, do you know Shin!?" Mizuki asked him.
"No, didn't say, but do you two want anything?" Shin asked trying to make it better in some way.
Luckily, Shin convinced them to have some coffee and chips while they waited for the doctor, so there he was, looking for vending machines. It bothered him to see them both so upset, but he couldn't blame them at all. Their son, their only son, and child, in the hospital. Izumi would be upset with him again, it was him after all who brought Kurosu to the hospital. He hoped that Kurosu would be fine. If not, what would happen to his brother? Finally, he found the machines and bought the requested items. But he couldn't help but to feel responsible for some of what had happened.
"Izumi, I'm sorry, it's my fault for giving Kurosu the formula in the first place. I didn't know it would make him sick." Shin said bowing to his brother.
"It's fine Shin, you didn't know, besides, Kurosu is still alive." Izumi told his little brother, making him feel a little better.
It was then that the doctor came. Shin didn't like the doctor since he first saw him. He was dark looking, mean faced, and cold like ice, the kind of doctor you didn't need on two worried parents.
"My first question is, who gave the child the formula first?" He said coldly, looking them all over.
"I did, I was helping my brother out with the baby. I even paid for it." Shin said looking away.
"That was stupid, the formula had things that made him very sick. If he continued to consume it it would of meant death." He doctor said colder than before.
"Hey, are you saying that it was his fault that Kurosu was sick!? He didn't even know it would!" Mizuki yelled at him.
"I admit I was jealous of Kurosu at first, but I wouldn't do anything to hurt him!" Shin yelled defending himself.
The doctor looked at them both like they were stupid, "the baby will be fine soon enough. Meanwhile, I suggest you keep irresponsible fools like that away from him. Oh, you can see him."
The doctor then walked off leaving Shin mad, and Mizuki and Izumi ticked.
Mizuki and Izumi came home the following days with Kurosu in Mizuki's arms. They were all happy to be home. It was then that Izumi and Mizuki remembered their anniversary.
"Izumi, um what are we doing for our first anniversary?" Mizuki said putting Kurosu in his crib.
"I don't know, what do you want to do?" Izumi asked her while she walked out the door and he turned the lights off.
"Well, I want to go to France!" Mizuki asked making Izumi shocked.
"F... France! Mizuki that's... that's expensive! And what about Kurosu?" Izumi asked her trying to calm down.
"Well, we leave Kurosu with your family. Shin volunteered to watch him. Besides, we work good jobs, and we don't ever buy anything for ourselves, so it would be nice to go and not worry about gifts!" Mizuki said happily.
"Can we even buy tickets this late?" Izumi pointed out, ruining her mood for a moment.
"We can see! Call them right now! I'll check the internet!" Mizuki instructed running to the other room.
'Looks non-negotiable, sigh...' Izumi thought, doing as he was told.
The following days, Izumi and Mizuki were on their way to France. Leaving Kurosu in the care of Shin (they thought he had redeemed himself at the hospital). It was when they arrived that Izumi knew he was going to have to watch Mizuki. She was dazzled by her new surroundings, oblivious of everything else, including the guys. To avoid any problems, he took Mizuki's hand. She was extremely curious about the country. Even more so, when she realized their hotel room had a view of the tower (the famous one, can't spell it right, and spell check isn't helping). She was so happy, it was almost like she had forgotten she was a mother and could be happy in other ways. He enjoyed seeing her this happy, she wasn't this happy in so long. Ever since she had had Kurosu she hadn't thought of being happy like this. Izumi was glad he could make her this happy.
(Meanwhile - Shin and Kurosu, staying at Izumi's and Mizuki's)
"Ah, looks like it's me and you for a little while, huh Kurosu?" Shin said giving him some baby food.
Kurosu squealed at his uncle, after eating the food. Shin laughed a little, and then he heard a knock at the door.
"Better see who it is huh, my little nephew?" Shin said grabbing him up.
"Yes?" Shin said answering the door.
"Shin! Hey where's your brother!?" Nakatsu said with Taiki behind him.
"Not here, they went on vacation and left me with Kurosu." Shin told him letting them in.
Kurosu looked a them and then at Shin, giving Shin a look saying, 'I'm still hungry'.
"Um, you two came during Kurosu's feeding time. The doctor's want him on pure baby food now, so it's messier now." Shin told them, leading them to the kitchen.
"Oh really, anything happen to cause that?" Taiki asked him.
"Yeah, he drank some bad formula." Shin replied putting Kurosu back in his baby seat.
"I see," Taiki said while Shin continued to feed him.
"Well, it's been only me and Kurosu for two days now. His parents should be in France by now." Shin said while Kurosu grabbed the spoon.
"So they're in France? Whoa, that's awesome! I wish I could of gone!" Nakatsu exclaimed.
"Yeah well, they wanted some time alone." Shin told him making him ticked.
"Why do you have to rain on my party!?" Nakatsu yelled.
"Quiet down, you'll scare Kurosu." Shin informed him, seeing that Kurosu was starting to look upset.
"You spend some time with him don't you Shin?" Taiki said.
"Yeah, I guess you could say that. Very rarely do I have him to myself though." Shin told him.
"I see, well then, we should leave." Taiki said leading Nakatsu to the door.
"You don't have to, I would like some people, whom Kurosu's parents would approve of, to hang out with us." Shin said to them.