Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Meet Uncle John ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
People have been asking about pairings, there will be mentions of a past pairing for Harry but no future ones other than a possible one-sided crush.
 
Chapter 17
 
Sam glanced into the backseat where Harry was sprawled, apparently asleep. Sam wasn't too sure though, Harry didn't fell asleep in the car easily after all. It was possible the teen was simply trying to avoid the questioning looks Dean had been shooting him since Castiel had left. Honestly Sam didn't really blame him if that was the case. He couldn't blame Dean for wanting answers either. The Master of Death........there were so many things that title could mean. But really it was the Angel himself that had Sam's thoughts swirling.
 
Blood curdling screams from the backseat had Dean swerving and swearing before he regained control and pulled over, Sam dashing out and to the back of the car. Harry was practically convulsing on the seat, eyes open but not seeing the car as he screamed. Sam crawled in, hovering over Harry's thrashing body for a second before moving so his back was against the seat and then he yanked Harry into his arms, holding his cousin tightly to keep him from hurting himself. Obviously Harry had actually been asleep.
 
“Sam?” Dean called and Sam could hear a note of panic in his brother's voice.
 
“Stay back Dean, its okay.” Sam answered as he rocked Harry gently.
“Shh Harry, it's okay, you're safe.” Sam whispered in Harry's ear as the teens struggles began to slow.
“That's it, you're okay. Everyone's safe.” Sam continued to whisper and then went to call out as Dean stepped closer.....and then went flying.
“Dean?” Sam yelled, sitting up as much as he could with Harry now clinging to him in his sleep.
 
“Owe.” That weak answer let Sam relax a little; at least Dean was still conscious. Sam fully relaxed when Dean staggered back into view.
“Sam? What the hell?” Dean grumbled and Sam shrugged as much as he could in his position.
 
“And that's why I share a bed with Harry. You okay?” Sam asked and Dean nodded but wisely kept his distance.
 
“Mmmm.” Harry had finally relaxed in Sam's arms and sleepy green eyes slowly opened to peer up at Sam.
 
“Hey, you okay?” Sam asked and harry frowned, looking around, and then he groaned.
 
“Sorry.” Harry whispered.
 
“No problem.” Dean called.
“Can I come over now?” He asked and Sam nodded. Dean crouched down near the door and gently laid a hand on Harry's shoulder.
“I'm thinking we should alternate nights bed sharing.” Dean commented and Harry looked away but not before Dean saw the flash of shame in emerald eyes.
 
“I'm sorry Dean.” Harry apologised and Dean reached out to ruffle Harry's hair, something he hadn't done since before his Dad had died.
 
“It's fine Harry. But we do need to talk later.” Dean said and Harry nodded, still not looking at them.
 
-----------------------------------
Bobby sat at his desk, reading yet another book and half listening to the brothers argue in his kitchen before glancing at Harry who was sitting nearby, staring out the window. Kid hadn't said much since they'd arrived and even Dean was throwing the boy an occasional worried look.
 
“Well, then tell me what else it could have been.” Sam's voice jumped in volume and Harry sighed.

“Look, all I know is that I was not groped by an angel.” Dean's voice was getting even louder than his brother's and Harry finally moved, turning to face the kitchen in annoyance. Bobby kept up the pretence of reading as he watched.

“Ok, look Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?” Sam tried.

“Maybe he's some kind of demon.” Dean argued and Harry rolled his eyes.
 
“He's not a demon.” Harry stated quietly and Bobby nodded in agreement.
 
“Don't you think that if angels were real that some hunter, somewhere, would have seen one? At some point, ever!” Dean practically yelled and Harry let his head bang against the wall, earning him a snort of amusement from Bobby.

“Yeah. You just did, Dean.” Sam argued.
“I'm trying to come up with a theory here, ok, work with me.” Dean grumbled.

“Dean, we have a theory.” Sam shot back.

“Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please.” Dean told him and Harry shuddered.
 
“If they're anything like pixies keep them away.” Harry muttered, apparently getting annoyed at being ignored.

“Ok, look. I'm not saying we know for sure I'm just saying that I think we-“ Sam tried again.

“Okay, okay, that's the point. We don't know for sure so I'm not gonna believe this thing is a freaking "angel of the lord" because it said so.” Dean cut him off.
 
“You two chuckleheads wanna keep arguing religion, or you wanna come look at this?” Bobby finally said and Harry smiled at him. Dean looked from Sam over to his cousin and Bobby, both of whom looked rather annoyed. The brother's joined them in the living room.
“I got stacks of lore. Biblical, pre-Biblical, some of it's in damn cuneiform.” Bobby said, turning the book around so they could see the drawing of an angel pulling a soul from hell by touching the upper arm, the same spot where Dean's new hand shaped mark was.
“It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit.”

“What else?” Dean asked.

“What else, what?” Bobby asked.

“He wants to know what else could do it.” Harry answered for his cousin.

“Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing.” Bobby answered, sitting back in his chair. Sam turned to Dean with a small smile but Dean still looked sceptical.

“Dean, this is good news.” Sam said.
“How?” Dean demanded and Harry sighed.

“Because for once this isn't another round of demon crap. Congratulations, you were saved by the good guys.” Harry said and eyebrows went up at his language.

“Okay. Say it's true. Say, there are angels. Then what? There's a God?” Dean asked angrily.
“This point, Vegas money's on "yeah".” Bobby told him and Dean turned away.

“I don't know guys.” Dean murmured.

“Ok, look. I- I know you're not all choirboy about this stuff but this is becoming less and less about faith, and more and more about proof.” Sam tried and Dean turned to him.

“Proof?”

“Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me, personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it.” Dean spat out and Harry actually reached out to slap the back of his head, making Dean jump.

“Why not?” Harry demanded.

“Because why me? If there's a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?” Dean argued.
“I mean, I've saved some people, okay. I figure I've made up for the, for the stealing and the, and the ditching chicks. But why do I deserve to get saved? I'm just a regular guy.”
“Well, apparently you're a regular guy that's important to the man upstairs.” Sam shot back at him.

“Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties, much less by... God.” Dean's arguments were losing their anger at last.
 
“Ok, well too bad, Dean. Because I think he wants you to strap on your party hat.” Sam told him.

“Fine. What do we know about angels?” Dean gave in. Sam looked over at Bobby who grabbed a pile of books and slammed them down on the desk.

“Start reading.” He said and Sam frowned. Dean turned to his brother and grinned.

“You're gonna get me some pie.” Dean demanded and then walked off. Harry simply reached out and took the first book while Sam headed for the Impala to go get Dean his precious pie.
---------------------------------------
Harry stared at the body on the floor, the smell not bothering him as much as it did his cousins, so he knelt down for a closer look.
 
“Ripped apart, just like Olivia.” Harry commented calmly, ignoring the looks he knew the brother's were sharing.
 
“Harry...” Sam, started but trailed off, not knowing what to say.
 
“Sam don't. I can handle this better than you can so let me do it. This is nothing compared to a battlefield.” Harry stated coldly and Sam recoiled slightly.
“Same wounds as Olivia.” Harry stood up and stretched out before heading outside. They followed him, Dean pulling out his cell to call Bobby.
 
“Yeah, we're at Jed's. It's not pretty. He looks even worse than Olivia, what about you?” Dean asked.
“I checked on Carl Bates and R.C Adams they've re-decorated. In red.” Bobby said over the phone. Dean looked at his brother and cousin and nodded, letting them know Bobby had found the same things they had.

“What the hell's going on here, Bobby? Why do a bunch of ghosts suddenly want to gank off-duty hunters?” Dean asked as Harry and Sam got back in the Impala.
“I don't know. But until we find out, you guys better your asses to my place.” Bobby answered as Dean got into the driver's seat.

“We're on our way.” Dean assured the older man as he started the car.
“Any ideas?” Dean asked and Harry leant his head back against the seat.
 
“Definitely ghosts, nothing like I've ever seen though. The ghosts at school are actually part of the defence against invaders.” Harry answered.
“But.....something in both houses felt....off.”
 
“I don't know Dean; hopefully we can find something at Bobby's.” Sam added.
 
------------------------------
Harry leant tiredly against the Impala as Dean went inside to pay for the gas, Sam was still in the restroom. He closed his eyes and sighed, his magic stretching out as he relaxed his usually rigid control, letting the power out to taste the area. Emerald eyes snapped open as he felt something vaguely familiar.
 
“Hiya Sam. It's been a while.” A voice said and Sam stared in shock
“Henriksen. Are you- Did you-“ Sam choked out and then he watched as Henriksen flashed in and out quickly, proving the agent hadn't survived Lilith's visit.
“I didn't survive. If that's what you're asking.” The dead man answered.

“I'm sorry.” Sam whispered and he really was, in the end the agent had been a good guy, one who hadn't deserved to die.
“I know you are.” He told Sam.
“Look, if we'd known Lilith was coming we-“ Sam tried to say.

“You wouldn't have left half a dozen innocent people in that police station to die in your place. You did this to me.” Henriksen said and Sam stared at him, guilt ridden.
“It was your fault. She was after you and I payed the price.”

“I-“ Sam tried.

“You left us there to die!” The agent yelled. Henriksen grabbed Sam and threw him into the mirror. He moved closer and pinned Sam, letting the hunter notice the odd burn mark on the ghost's hand. He then slammed Sam into a wall and then into the mirror again, cracking the glass. Before Sam could hit the floor he was grabbed again and his face slammed into the sink twice before he was thrown to the floor. Sam tried to cover his face with his hands to protect it as Henriksen took a threatening step forward only to scream and vanish. Sam blinked to see Harry standing in the doorway, wand raised. A second later and Dean was behind Harry, gun drawn.
 
“Sam? You okay?” Dean demanded as he stepped past Harry. Sam nodded and let the two pull him up. He nodded groggily and they helped him over to the Impala, Harry pulling Sam into the back with him so he could tend the few cuts on Sam's face and hands.
 
Dean pulled out of the station and dialled his phone with one hand.
 
“Damn it Bobby, pick up.” Dean grumbled and then redialled. He glanced back to see Harry gently cleaning a cut on Sam's cheek.
“How are you feeling, huh? How many fingers am I holding up?” Dean called out and Sam rolled his eyes, making Harry grin.

“None. I'll be fine, Dean.” Sam answered grumpily and then hissed in pain.
 
“Sorry.” Harry whispered before gently pouring healing magic into Sam's body. Sam sighed and relaxed as the pain faded away.

“Henriksen?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“Yup.” He said since Dean was glaring at the road.
“Why? What did he want?” Dean asked.

“Revenge 'cause we got him killed.” Sam answered softly and Harry rolled his eyes.

“Sam.” Dean growled out and Harry obligingly tapped the back of Sam`s head.

“Well, we did, Dean. Don't hit me Harry.” Sam grumbled/
 
“Then stop being stupid.” Harry shot back. Dean looked back at them, finally giving up on getting through to Bobby via phone.

“Alright. Stop right there. Whatever the hell is going on, it's happening to us now, okay? I can't get a hold of Bobby so if you're not thinking answers, don't think at all.” Dean stated and Sam slowly nodded, staring out the window.
 
---------------------------------------
“Sirius.” Harry breathed in horror as he saw his godfather's ghost standing just outside the salt line.
 
“It's your fault Harry. You might as well have AK'd me yourself. I was wrong, you're nothing like James.” The dead wizard sneered.
 
“Harry.” Sam called but the wizard ignored his cousin as he closed his eyes, calling up magic he didn't actually like. On his right ring finger an ornate ring flashed into being and Harry raised his hand, laying it against the ghost's chest.
 
“Poor little ah....” The ghost gasped, eyes going wide as Harry's ring glowed, the light travelling over Harry's hand and then over the ghost who screamed and then seemed to collapse against Harry. Grey eyes opened and Sirius reached up to place a hand against Harry's cheek.
“M'sorry pup. I didn't mean it.” Sirius said and Harry nodded.
 
“I know. Love you Padfoot.” Harry whispered sadly and his godfather smiled.
 
“They're so proud of you kiddo, I am too.” Sirius said and then he closed his eyes. Harry nodded and closed his, reaching out with his magic and Sirius slowly dissolved. Harry turned to the others, tears falling and then his eyes rolled back and he collapsed. Sam lunged, barely catching him before Harry hit the ground. The other spirits finally snapped out of their shook and started trying to stop Bobby again.
 
------------------------------------
Harry sat up and then nearly jumped as he saw Castiel watching him.
 
“You like watching people sleep?” He grumbled and Castiel just tilted his head in confusion.
 
“I was here to speak with Dean about his part in what is coming. You put one of the spirits to rest.”
 
“So?”
 
“That should not have been possible.” The angel answered and Harry shrugged.
 
“Impossible seems to be my middle name most days, besides Master of Death here.” Harry answered.
 
“Dean asked me for answers, you should tell them.”
 
“That's really not any of your business.” Harry snapped and then put his head in his hands.
“They don't need to know.”
 
“Don't they? The seals that hold Lucifer in place are breaking and you will need to use more and more of your gifts to help your cousins.” With that Castiel was gone as silently as he'd come.
 
TBC...