Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Twilight ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
I've chosen the pairings, thanks to all those who voted.
 
Chapter 5
 
Harry collapsed on his bed, finally tired enough to sleep without worrying about nightmares. Spending time with Jasper and Bella and then Jasper in his animagus form had been fun. And he finally had a name for his other form; he wondered if Remus would have named him Blackie or something else. It was amazing that Jasper had given him a small bed in his house, but Harry wasn't too worried about the vampire trying to eat him unless he was half starved or something, as Jasper had said Blackie was a bit small for a meal.
 
Since being in Forks harry had found himself relaxing a lot. Sure he was still alert for danger, he'd sensed Mike as soon as soon as he'd breeched Harry's personal bubble, but he wasn't suspicious of everyone.
 
Bella...he could feel her sadness and pain and a part of him reached out to that, wanting to make it better for her. He'd fought so no one would ever have to feel the pain he had. He knew something had happened to her, something to do with Jasper's now gone family.
 
Turning over and burrowing deeper into his covers Harry closed his eyes and forced his mind to clear, letting sleep gradually claim him while praying for no nightmares.
 
---------------------------
Jasper was disappointed to not find Blackie waiting for him but the little fox did need to be able to live in the forest so he tried not to let it bother him. He put his school bag aside and turned the TV on, deciding to watch a movie to kill some time when he was hit by a wave of terror and pain so great he actually staggered. Closing his eyes he tried to figure out who it was but couldn't so he took off in the direction it was coming from and ran until he found a house. He used a tree to get to the right window and stared in to see messy black hair spilling across a pillow as Harry tossed and turned in his sleep. In a second Jasper was sending waves of peace towards him. Slowly Harry stilled and returned to a peaceful sleep only to dart upwards, eyes wide and fixed on the window. Jasper crouched on the ground, shocked that Harry had woken like that. Had he realised what was happening? He vanished into the trees as Harry leant out the window to look around, relaxing when the teen eventually shut the window again.
 
Jasper settled into a nearby tree, determined to watch over Harry for the rest of the night unless Bella called.
 
--------------------------------
Jasper watched Harry as he pulled into the parking lot. He knew the teen hadn't gotten enough sleep the night before and yet...he looked like he had slept a full eight hours somehow. How was that possible? He smiled and waved when Harry looked his way, getting a wave in return and Harry changing direction to walk towards him.
 
“Hey.” Harry greeted and Jasper nodded.
“Bella here yet?”
 
“Her truck's pulling in now.” Jasper pointed and Harry turned so they were both looking at the approaching truck. She got out and walked over to join them.
 
“Hey Jasper, Harry.” She greeted and then tripped, falling into Harry who managed to catch her.
 
“Good morning Bella.” Harry said as he righted her.
 
“Sorry Harry.”
 
“No problem.” Harry said as he stepped back.
 
“Good morning Bella.” Jasper greeted, hiding his smile at Bella's clumsiness.
 
“Hey Jasper. Have a good night?”
 
“It was....interesting.” Jasper answered.
“Bells about to ring, we should go.” Jasper told them and they headed towards the buildings before splitting for class. Jasper kept a close eye on both humans the whole day but they both felt happy so he didn't say anything.
 
“How about we do something this weekend?” Bella asked during lunch and Jasper could feel Harry's surprise and happiness at the question.
 
“I've got nothing planned, Jasper?” Harry asked and he nodded.
 
“Sure.” He had planned to go hunting but he could feed that night instead. Harry was a puzzle and he wanted Bella to be happy.
 
“Unless Harry has a car as well maybe Jasper should drive? I know how much you hate my slow old truck.” She teased and Jasper shrugged.
 
“No I don't have a car, maybe I should get one...What?” He asked as they both stared at him.
 
“A bike and a car? How, um....” Bella trailed off, realising it could sound a little rude.
 
“My parents were well off Bella. My Godfather didn't have any children either so when...when he died I inherited. Technically I never have to work if I don't want to but I think I'd get bored pretty quickly.” Harry answered as if money didn't matter which was a good attitude. Jasper could feel Bella's grief for Harry and he felt some of his own. Did Harry have no one left?
 
“I'm sorry Harry...you have us now, I know it's not the same but..” Harry gently pressed a finger to her lips.
 
“I've never really had family Bella so I don't miss it all that much anymore. And now I have to great friends that need to cheer up and not be so depressed for me.” Harry told them sternly.
“Now then, what shall we do this weekend?”
 
“Well....we haven't seen your house yet.” She hinted and Harry laughed.
 
“True but I haven't seen Jasper's either, despite the fact that we're neighbours.” Harry teased and she pouted, making both males laugh.
 
“How about Saturday at mine and Sunday at yours then?” Jasper offered and he could feel Bella's surprise but he didn't really hunger for Harry's blood and he was used to Bella's so everything should be okay.
 
“Sounds good to me.”
 
“Me too.”
 
--------------------------
Jasper smiled as he found Blackie curled up on his doorstep. He'd missed the little fox much to his surprise. He gently lifted the sleeping animal and held it close as he slipped inside. He placed Blackie down in the nest of blankets he'd made him and then settled nearby to do his homework and then read. A few hours later he smiled as Blackie dropped into his lap and snuggled in to stare at his book.
 
“Do you want a story?” He asked and to his surprise he received a small yip in answer. So he started reading out loud and petting his fox. It didn't take long for the small fox to fall asleep again.
 
-----------------------------
Bella pulled into the drive and looked at the house in front of her. Not as open a design as the Cullen's from what she could see but it had a homier feel to it. The front door opened and Harry jogged down the steps and over to her truck, a bag slung over one shoulder.
 
“Morning.” He greeted with a grin and she smiled back.
 
“Good morning. Looking forward to today?”
 
“Yep.” He answered as he did up his seatbelt.
“So you've been to his place before?” Harry asked as she turned around in the yard and headed back towards the main road.
 
“Several times but before...” Bella trailed off uncertainly and Harry just nodded. A few minutes later they were pulling into another drive and Harry got his first look at the Cullen house while in human form. Jasper was waiting for them on the front porch, smiling softly.
 
“Good morning.” He called out as they got out of Bella's truck. Bella ran to him and Jasper caught her in a hug. The two males exchanged pleasant nods as they headed inside. Harry looked around the house, finally not having to look up at everything.
“What would you like to do? We've got a full entertainment system, um...” Jasper trailed off, out of his element and Harry felt a rush of sympathy. What would they do at his place the following day?
 
“How about we set up snacks and watch a movie?” Bella suggested, coming to Jasper's rescue. They put in Underworld and had fun laughing at the vampires and werewolves in it, Bella and Jasper wondering why Harry laughed with them but Jasper could feel something, Harry was hiding something. After the movie they went for a walk in the forest, the two boys keeping Bella between them so they could catch her when she inevitably tripped.
 
Jasper heard a low, menacing growl and froze, searching for where it was coming from. Bella stopped, knowing he had obviously sensed something and Harry stopped too, looking at them quizzically for a second before tensing, eyes darting around, searching for danger. Watching him Jasper knew he'd been right, Harry was a soldier. Harry spun Bella around behind him, a tree at her back so anything that came would have to get through him and Jasper nodded as he moved away a little to give them both room to manoeuvre without exposing Bella.
 
Harry stared as the largest wolf he'd ever seen emerged from the underbrush, muscles tensing in preparation of a fight. Reaching out with magic he realised it was no natural wolf but one of the magical he'd sensed from the Reservation and it apparently didn't like Jasper. Why couldn't he be something more useful than a little fox? He heard Bella gasp in fear and moved so he was blocking the wolf from her view. Of course they had a rather awkward dilemma, Jasper could easily take the wolf but Harry knew he wouldn't since it would expose him as a vampire and the same went for Harry taking it, his friends didn't know he was a wizard. Secrets really messed things up. The way the wolf was focusing on Jasper and pretty much ignoring them bothered him. A normal wolf wouldn't be able to hurt the vampire but whatever type of shifter he was? Harry closed his eyes and let his magic flow to the surface, feeling Bella shiver as the air around him became almost electrified but the move served its purpose, the wolf was looking between them both as if confused. Harry could feel Jasper staring at him and knew his hair was beginning to move in the wind created by his magic being released.
 
“Back off.” He ordered the wolf, power coating the words and the wolf shook its head, fighting the compulsion.
“Go!” Harry growled out, knowing his eyes were glowing with power by now as his magic relished the unusual freedom. The wolf crouched, snarling and lunged. Harry saw Jasper blur out of the corner of his eye but he just held his hand up.
“Protego.” He whispered and the shield sprung into being around him and Bella. The wolf slammed into only to be sent flying. Jasper skidded out of his lunge, eyes wide. The wolf whimpered and collapsed, noticeably in pain.
 
“Harry?” Bella whispered and Harry winced at the fear in her voice.
 
“You okay?” He asked softly, pulling his magic back despite its protests.
 
“How? What?” She asked and Harry chuckled turning to look at her.
 
“Is there a question in there somewhere?” He teased and Bella relaxed. Jasper was watching them closely, seeing the shield and knowing he wouldn't be able to get through it. Harry waved his hand and it dissolved, Jasper relaxing when he knew he'd be able to get to them if needed.
“I think we all need to talk later but first....” Harry slowly walked towards the wolf which whimpered and tried to get up, only to fall back.
“Shh, it's okay. I won't hurt you.” Harry soothed, laying his hands gently against the warm fur and closing his eyes, letting the magic flow from him and into the wolf's injuries, healing them. He felt a shift and then he was touching warm human flesh. He opened his eyes to see a teenager, who was obviously from the Reservation, staring up at him fearfully.
 
“What are you?” The boy whispered and Harry smiled at him.
 
“Someone who can take care of themselves against most attacks.” Harry answered, standing and holding his hand out to the younger teen. He hesitantly reached up and let Harry help him to his feet. They both looked over as Bella gasped.
 
“Jake?” She whispered and he looked down.
“Jacob!” She screamed and threw herself at him, Harry smiled as Jacob nearly fell over as he tried to catch her. He laughed when she hit the poor wolfboy.
“How dare you attack Harry and don't think I didn't see you nearly attack Jasper!” She scolded while Harry leant against a tree for support as he laughed.
 
Jasper slowly walked over to stand beside Harry who looked up at him, green eyes dancing with mirth and Jasper found himself laughing too. He couldn't help it, Harry's emotions were intense and Bella's were messed up, the poor wolf was just feeling shame and embarrassment, probably not helped by the fact that he was naked and had Bella clinging to him but then....Jasper's head snapped around to stare at them.
 
“Jasper?” Harry whispered in concern and the vampire shrugged. He'd never felt anything like it, it was like Bella had suddenly become the entire focus of Jacob's world.
 
TBC...