Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Twilight ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them.
Pairings and Harry's animagus form are pretty much decided. Thanks to those who voted.
 
Chapter 4
 
Jasper looked up at the small sound and smiled as he spotted the small animal. He stayed still were he was sitting against a tree and held his hand out, sending a continuous wave of calm out.
 
“It's okay little one; you're a bit too small to make a meal out of.” To his surprise the small fax took a few hesitant steps his way. He stayed still but kept his handout and to his amazement the fox continued to creep towards him. His smile widened as the small fox gently nudged his hand. He could feel the animal trembling in fear and sent another wave of calm towards it as he carefully picked it up to examine. It...he was small, probably only just left his mother. His coat was dark red and smooth, his tail and ears tipped with black and he had very green eyes. Jasper reached out with his free hand and gently rubbed his belly. The small fox slowly relaxed and Jasper placed him in his lap, surprised but happy when the fox curled up, content to stay where it was.
 
It was nearly an hour before he moved again and it was to lower the now annoyed fox to the floor.
 
“Sorry little one but I don't want you to freeze to death and I really should head home to get ready for school.” Jasper gave the fox a final pet and then headed off into the woods. So he was very surprised when he opened the door to go to his car and found the fox sitting on his doorstep. He laughed and picked him up.
“Decided to follow me little one?” he tickled the fox under the chin and it licked his fingers.
“Let's see if I can find you something to eat and drink and make you a bed for the day.” Jasper quickly gathered what he needed and left the little fox happily eating some meat while he drove to school.
 
---------------------------
Harry grabbed his bag, got on his bike and then apparated to just out of hearing range of the school before starting the bike and pulling into the car park. He shut the engine off and headed towards his first class of the day, smiling to himself as he noticed a lot of people were now avoiding him. It was nice not to have them all crowding him. Entering the history room he looked around for a seat and was pleasantly surprised when Jasper waved him over.
 
“Thanks mate.” He got his things out and settled in.
 
“No problem.” Jasper answered with a small smile. They didn't speak for the rest of the class as they listened to the lecture but Harry was surprised when Jasper helped him pick up the books he'd dropped.
 
“Thanks again.”
 
“it's okay. Would you like to sit with Bella and me during lunch again?”
 
“She won't mind?” Harry asked and Jasper shook his head.
 
“We both like you Harry.”
 
“Okay, see you at lunch then.” He spent the rest of the morning in a daze. People who actually liked him for who and not what he was. It was...different and exciting. But would they still like him if they learnt the truth? If they found out they'd let a killer into their midst? No, they weren't going to find out. He finally made it to the cafeteria and went to sit at the table he'd sat at the day before. Soon enough Bella and Jasper joined him and they spent the time just chatting about various things.
 
Harry was headed for his bike when he heard Bella call his name. He turned to her with a small smile on his face.
 
“Jasper is coming over for dinner tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come too. I mean, I understand if your parents say no because they haven't met me or my Dad but he's the police chief so they don't have anything to worry about and.” Harry gently covered her mouth with his hand and she fell silent.
 
“I'd love to come over. When and where is your house?”
 
“Don't you have to ask...” Bella trailed off obviously seeing something in his expression.
 
“I'm emancipated.” Was all Harry said and she nodded.
 
“Oh. Okay. So about six thirty? Here's the address.” She wrote it down and handed him the paper.
 
“I'll see you then.” Harry waved and then rode off.
 
------------------------------------
“Jasper I feel horrible. There I was going on about asking his parents and he's emancipated. And...he just looked so sad for a second. Something must have happened.” Bella told him as she cooked.
 
“Bella relax, you didn't know and Harry will understand.” He soothed and she nodded eventually. The doorbell rang and Jasper rose to get it since Charlie wasn't home yet and Bella had to watch the stove. Harry was standing there nervously, holding onto a package.
“Hello Harry.” Jasper greeted and was met with a smile.
 
“Hi Jasper, I'm not late am I?” Harry asked as he hung his jacket where Jasper showed him.
 
“No, Charlie isn't home yet.” At Harry's curious look he explained.
“Charlie Swan is Bella's father.”
 
“Okay. Hi Bella, thanks for inviting me.” He handed her the package and she opened it to find a tin of shortbread.
 
“I told you we're happy to have you Harry. Thank you for these.” She smiled and he smiled back. Jasper could tell the teen was nervous and unsure about what he was meant to do which was curious, had he never been to a friend's place for a meal before? They chatted until the door opened and Charlie came in.
 
“Hey Bells, Jasper, who's this?” Harry stood and nervously held out his hand.
 
“Harry Potter sir. Bella said it was okay for me to join you for dinner.” Charlie took his hand and shook it.
 
“So you're the kid that bought the place out near the Cullen's?”
 
“Yes sir.” Harry answered quietly as they sat down to eat.
 
“Charlie's fine Harry. Have you settled in okay? There's no one else living out that way, other than Jasper here. You should be careful in the woods, there have been a few animal attacks in the last year.”
 
“I'll be careful Charlie. And I don't mind the solitude, it's a nice change from London.” Harry seemed to relax a little after that and they talked while they ate. Charlie went to watch tv after the meal leaving the three teens in the kitchen.
“Your Dad's nice.” Harry told Bella who nodded.
 
“He's cool.” She agreed and then yawned making both males chuckle.
 
“We should go and let you get to bed.” Jasper said and Harry nodded.
 
“You don't have to.” Bella called, almost panicked and Harry frowned, stepping closer hesitantly and the hugging her. Jasper frowned as he heard Harry whisper something in what sounded like Latin, too low for Bella to hear. He stepped away and smiled at Bella who smiled back.
 
“Here, you can call me any time.” Harry told her, handing her a slip of paper with a number on it.
 
“And you know you only have to call Bella.” Jasper added. She looked at the two of them and then nodded gratefully. Jasper watched as Harry got onto his bike and pulled his helmet on before getting into his own car. Sure enough Harry was in front of him most of the way home, taking the turn off before his. It was odd that he hadn't even noticed someone living so close but he shrugged it off and went inside. He smiled as he saw the small fox sitting up and waiting for him. He knelt down and the small animal leapt up to lick his face, making him laugh.
“Did you stay here all day waiting for me?” Jasper asked, going to get his new friend some more food.
“Well, if you're going to insist on staying I guess I'll have to give you a name.” Jasper stared at the fox, trying to pick something. A soft yip made him blink and then the fox was pulling at the black tip of its tail and Jasper laughed again. He hadn't laughed so much since Alice had died and he could feel something inside him loosen and become lighter. He smiled and rubbed the small head.
“Thank you Blackie.” The fox gave him a quizzical look and he shrugged.
“Not the most imaginative I know but it suits you.” He spent the rest of the night reading, Blackie curled up beside him asleep.
 
TBC...