Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Twilight ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
Thank you for all the votes. I will pick one of the top 3 but you have to wait and see which it will be.
 
I oopsed last chapter, Victoria is not dead; she got away before she could be killed. Thanks to whoever pointed that out and the chapter has now been changed.
 
Chapter 3
 
Harry walked into the office and smiled at the woman behind the desk. He mentally groaned as she blushed before handing over his schedule. Why him? Didn't she realise he was more than a little too young for her? Mentally complaining he headed for his first class of the day and found his thoughts wondering to the vampire he had seen. His eye colour and the girl standing so close indicated he was an animal drinker so no worries there, although he could always slip up. Why hadn't he sense him when he scanned the town? Was he new? Or maybe he had been away for a bit. He would just have to keep an eye out for any suspicious deaths and be careful himself when he decided to go for runs through the woods, he'd hate to be mistaken for dinner.
 
He handed his note to the teacher and slipped into an empty chair, ignoring the stares as he pulled out his things. Taking a deep breath he forced his muscles to relax only to tense again as the vampire entered the room. Brilliant. No, he wasn't going to assume anything. He would ignore the vampire and try to make some friends in the class.
 
“Hi.” Harry fought not to cringe at the overly sweet voice while turning to face the speaker.
 
“Hello.” He answered, assessing the girl for threats quickly.
 
“I'm Jessica, you're Harry right?” He nodded.
“Welcome to Forks. Is it true you're from England?” She batted her eyelids at him and he fought the urge to gag. Apparently she was only a threat to his sanity. Catching a glimpse of the vampire out of the corner of his eyes he could swear he saw a flicker of amusement and sympathy cross the pale face.
 
“That's right.” Where was the teacher?
 
“I could show you around if you'd like, show you all the fun places to go.” Why didn't she just offer to take her top off instead of trying to sound seductive?
 
“No thanks, I can manage.” What did it take for her to get a clue?
 
“Are you sure?” Was she trying to purr? And apparently pushing your chest into someone's face was meant to be subtle.
 
Jasper watched as Jessica tried to talk to the new boy and had to fight not to laugh. Poor kid. He could feel his horror and disgust from across the room. Trying to politely turn her down wasn't working much to the boys' frustration. And Jasper had thought class would be boring. Maybe he should help? Because the new kid, Harry, seemed minutes from doing something regrettable. He got ready to send a wave of calm when Harry reached boiling point.
 
“Look, I'm not interested in a slag like you so sod off.” He snapped and the room fell silent. Jasper had the feeling that no one really knew what Harry meant but he did. There was no way Jessica would take being called a tart very well so it was good that Harry had used a term less likely to be known. She knew what sod off meant though.
“Well?” Harry drawled, exaggerating his accent.
 
“You....you.” She sputtered and Harry stared at her. Jasper frowned as she suddenly backed off, what had caused the spike of fear?
 
“Bloody twit.” Harry muttered but Jasper was easily able to hear it. He decided to watch the new boy to find out what had made Jessica scared of him. He would not let the boy endanger Bella.
 
-----------------------------------------
Bella winced and shut her eyes as she stumbled on the stairs, waiting for the pain of hitting the concrete but it never came. Opening her eyes she found herself staring at a green shirt so she looked up to see even greener eyes staring at her in concern.
 
“You alright?” A soft voice asked and she nodded. He helped her straighten up and then stepped back.
 
“Thanks for that. I'm Bella.” She held out her hand and he took it.
 
“Harry, though I think the whole town already knows that.” He grinned and she laughed.
 
“I was the new one last year, don't worry the fascination will pass eventually.” She told him and he gave a relieved sigh.
 
“Good to know.” He suddenly looked past her and stepped back.
“Looks like someone's waiting for you. Maybe I'll see you round.” With a last smile he slipped past her into the building. Bella turned and smiled as she saw Jasper. How had harry known Jasper was waiting for her? Shrugging it off she headed over to him and smiled wider when Jasper rested a hand at the small of her back.
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“I'm fine, Harry caught me. I get the feeling he likes attention as much as me.” Jasper smirked and she arched an eyebrow.
 
“Keep an eye on Jessica. History this morning was rather...interesting.”
 
“So you didn't have any trouble re-enrolling?”
 
“None at all, they were very happy to help.”
 
“And you had nothing to do with them being happy?” She asked and Jasper shrugged.
 
“Maybe a little.”
 
-------------------------------------
Bella let Jasper carry her tray as they headed for the table the Cullen's had always sat at. It was hard but not as hard as it could have been. They sat down and Bella occasionally grabbed something of his tray to make it look like he'd eaten something. The room fell silent and then exploded with whispers as Harry entered the room. Green eyes scanned the room warily before the teen headed for the one empty table left only to be sidetracked by Mike Newton. Jasper tensed at the feelings of hostility rolling off Mike and Bella gripped his hand.
 
“Can I help you?” Harry asked and Mike balled his fists.
 
“You can apologise to Jessica for being rude.” He snarled and Harry arched an eyebrow.
 
“Why should I? It's hardly my fault if she can't understand someone asking to be left alone until it's stated forcefully.” Harry answered, sounding almost bored.
 
Harry wanted to hit something, preferably the boy in front of him but he was fighting that urge. He was trained to kill, he couldn't risk getting into a schoolyard fight. What felt like a wave of calm hit him and he felt his body relax a little. Glancing around subtly he spotted the vampire sitting nearby with Bella, both watching worriedly. So the vampire was one of the ones with a power. He'd have to thank him at some point for trying to help. Despite looking away he still managed to dodge as the boy took a swing at him, grabbing his wrist and using it to spin him around, pinning the arm to his back.
 
“Back off. I don't want to fight.” Harry demanded, his magic reacting to the fight adding power to his words. He released his grip and the kid staggered away. The room was silent as everyone stared at him and Harry growled under his breath, perfect. So much for fitting in. He picked his bag up from where he'd dropped it and turned to leave.
 
“Harry!” he turned again to see Bella waving at him and then push out a chair at her table. He hesitated, looking at the vampire who nodded so he walked over and sat down.
 
“Thanks.” He muttered as he pulled out a sandwich.
 
“No problem. Harry this is Jasper.”
 
“Nice to meet you.” Harry offered with a small smile and Jasper nodded.
 
“So what did you say to Jessica?” Bella asked and Harry blushed slightly, staring at his food.
 
“He basically called her a prostitute though I doubt anyone else understood since he was using slang.” Harry looked up as Jasper explained and shrugged.
 
“She was being rather obvious.” He defended and Jasper nodded.
 
“You called her a...” Bella trailed off laughing which made both males smile. It was good to see her smiling. Harry didn't know why she was so sad but if his actions made her happy then so be it.
 
TBC...