Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Vanguard ❯ Chapter 2: Secrets and Truths ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Secrets and Truths
The past two weeks of adventures between Sirius and his godson in the United States can only be summed up with one word, Indescribable. It was all Harry had ever wished for and more, for once in his life he actually felt like he belonged there. For once in his life he was actually dreading the thought of going back to Hogwarts. Sirius and Harry had many adventures together consisting of going to what the muggles called Disney World where there were many rollercoaster rides and plenty of games. They also stayed in top five star hotels across the country. They even spent some time swimming on the beaches of Miami. Harry and Sirius would stay up through the night talking about anything and everything. When Harry was around Sirius he felt like he was part of a family he never had.
“Excited to go back?” asked Sirius while chugging down a slushy that he bought before they apparited out of their hotel.
“I guess so, but spending time out here with you has been better than anything I ever experienced. It was something I really needed Sirius, thank you.”
Sirius laughed before saying “Don't thank me Harry. I should be thanking you. I have been cooped up inside my retched house for months. It feels nice to be out in public again where no one knows who I am.”
“That reminds me where have you been living this past summer?” the teenager asked his godfather.
“I have been staying at my parent's house. Once they died it was inherited by me, and I was able to make good use out of it.” Sirius said with a wink.
“What do you mean?”
“I can't tell you here Harry. Let's go to somewhere more private.”
Sirius grabbed Harry's arm and apparited.
“There we go a lot more private.” Sirius said with a wide grin.
Harry almost went into shock when he noticed they were on a small platform with a giant yellow carved flame in the middle. Harry looked out onto the city and it was one of the most remarkable sights he has ever seen in his life. There were millions of lights spread out as far as he could see. Then he looked down upon a giant arm holding the platform up, this made feel very unstable as he clung onto the rail.
“Where are we?” the boy asked with panic.
“I guess you fell asleep while in Muggle History just like me and your father did. This Harry is the Statue of Liberty.” Sirius said with his arms stretched out wide.
“Why are we here?”
“Because there are some things you should know”
“Ok, I'll listen.” The boy said with curiosity.
“Well, as you know your father, Lily, and I went against Voldemort during his rise to power. But we weren't the only ones, a lot of people wanted to put a stop to the Dark Lord. Dumbledore put together an army of people who wanted to end his dark rampage. It was called the Order of the Phoenix. We were proud and brave people who risked our lives to save countless people from Voldemort and his Death Eaters.” Sirius explained with a proud tone in his voice.
“Since Voldemort's returned has Dumbledore started it back up?”
“Yes , he has. I'm sorry no one has been able to tell you anything but we couldn't get a single owl out to you because Death Eaters have been intercepting them. We couldn't risk being caught.”
Harry suddenly felt very guilty for assuming that his two best friends in the whole world had forgotten about him. Harry hung his arms over the railing and looked down in regret.
“They miss you terribly. They've been cooped up at my house all summer. Death Eaters have been putting a close watch on the Weasley family and Molly and Arthur are afraid one of them will be kidnapped.”
“If they are afraid of them being kidnapped then what about me. Shouldn't I be cooped up too?”
“Well yes, until I suggested the idea to take to you the one place where Voldemort wouldn't think about looking for you.”
“America?” Harry asked
“Precisely, plus it gives us both a breather.”
“So what does this have to do with your parent's house?”
“I offered it to Dumbledore as a base for the entire Organization.” Sirius answered.
“When do we return there?”
“In a couple of hours, but first I have to drop something off for Dumbledore.”
“What is it?”
“A letter.” Sirius said while waving an envelope that had a Hogwarts seal on it.
“Where are we going to drop it off at?” Harry asked with anticipation of getting it done so he could go see his friends.
“Forks, Washington” Sirius answered and they apparited off the Statue of Liberty.