Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Vanguard ❯ Chapter 3: Encounter of Another Kind ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Encounter of Another Kind
Harry and his godfather appeared before a big sign that said “Welcome to Forks” on it. The first thing Harry noticed was there wasn't a glimpse of the sun out. Everything looked kind of grey; it was almost like the entire mood of the town was depressing.
“Well here we are, Forks.” Sirius said with a smile on his face.
“What are you so happy about?” asked Harry
“This will be history in the making.”
“What do you mean?”
“You'll see soon enough.”
Sirius led Harry through the town. It certainly seemed like a normal town, there was a place to eat, a sheriff's department, a hospital. Everything seemed quiet and not very eventful, except for a bunch of teenagers running around outside the restaurant. They were playing keep away from one of the unexpecting boys that got his hat taken when he was trying to flirt with a beautiful girl. This made Harry miss Hermione and Ron a lot, he hadn't even seen them once since he said his goodbyes when they arrived at the platform from the Hogwarts Express.
“Where are we going?” asked the impatient boy.
“We are going to the Hospital, we will meet him there.”
They walked up to a giant building with multiple floors. This wasn't a big surprise to Harry because he has seen muggle hospitals before. He was even in one the time that Dudley broke his arm climbing a tree. When they walked through the automatic sliding doors a man came to greet them. He wore a white doctor's coat, had blonde hair, and looked like he was in his early twenties. But the thing that surprised Harry the most was his face. His face looked very smooth and no scars or any marks of harm.
“Carlisle, it's very good to see you.” said Sirius while shaking his hand.
“It's very good to see you too. I'm sorry but I'm too busy to meet with you right now, but I've prepared a conference room for you two to stay in until I'm finished.”
“Alright, try not to take too long.”
Harry and Sirius emerged into the room that Carlisle prepared for them. It was a simple medium sized narrow room that had a large narrow table and eight chairs ran along it. Sirius and Harry took their seats and waited for Carlisle to come. They waited for so long that Sirius had to conjure up a game of exploding snaps. Harry put up a good fight but Sirius was very skilled at exploding snaps. At the same time that a piece exploded in Harry's face Carlisle walked in.
“Am I interrupting?” he asked.
“Not at all, just got done showing Harry here that I'm a champ at exploding snaps.”
“I can see that.” Carlisle said while looking at Harry's face. “So what brings you out here to Forks?”
“Well I've been sent by Dumbledore to give you this message.” said Sirius as he passed a letter to him. But it wasn't the letter that he had shown him earlier, this one didn't have a Hogwarts seal.
Carlisle spent a good five minutes before he placed the letter down on the table.
“There are certain things to be taken care of it, but it can be done. How much time do we have before we have to come?” he asked.
“Close to a month, we will have all the items she needs on hand.”
“Well thank you very much. I am in your debt Sirius.”
“Don't worry about it.”
Sirius suddenly looked at Harry and went wide eyed.
“Sorry I forgot about you. Harry this is Carlisle Cullen. Carlisle this is Harry Potter.”
“I see, I have heard many things about you from Albus Dumbledore. It is a pleasure to meet you Harry.” Carlisle said as he shook Harry's hand.
“Well Harry we have one more letter to deliver and then we can leave.” Sirius said to Harry. “Take care Carlisle.”
“Goodbye.”
Harry and Sirius exited the building and went into a dark alley way. Sirius did a quick check to make sure no one was looking and then apparited.
They suddenly appeared before a well built house that was mysteriously placed in the middle of the woods.
“Now Harry before we go inside I should warn you about something. These people are different, they are sort of…..vampires.”
Harry's head suddenly went spinning.
“Aren't vampires supposed to be dangerous?” Harry asked with a panic in his voice.
“Well a lot are but the Cullen's are very nice people who do not hurt humans.”
Suddenly a man busted out from the house so fast that Harry could barely see him. He looked no older than eighteen,
“Ohh, Sirius it's just you. We thought you were intruders.” said the man.
“No Edward, we aren't intruders and we have come to deliver a message.”
“Well come inside.”
They followed him inside the house and it looked very ordinary. No coffins or dark dungeons or anything. It was very plain. Out of the kitchen came a beautiful looking girl with long curly brown hair.
“So what is this all about?” Edward asked as his wife came and joined them.
“Renesmee has been accepted into Hogwarts and with yours and Bella's permission I wish to give her this letter of acceptance.”
Questions were rumbling around in Harry's head. He thought to himself, “Why would a vampire be going to Hogwarts?”
“What about our terms that we asked of Dumbledore.”
“They have been met. You and your wife will be on the grounds at all times so you can protect her.”
“Very well you have our permission. Bella, would you please get Renesmee.”
Then the girl disappeared up the stairs to obviously get the person that was about to receive the letter. A little bit later a girl about the age of sixteen came down following her mother. She was just as beautiful as her mother, she had curly hair and silky smooth skin.
“Hey Sirius.” the girl said as she reached the floor.
“Sup Sport.” Sirius said to her with a grin. “Have you been practicing all those spells I've given you?”
“Yup, I was able to do them all.”
“Very good, well I have a letter for you.” he said as he handed over the letter with a Hogwarts seal on it.
Renesmee read the letter very carefully, once she finished she looked at her parents and asked “Can I go?”
“You can go but me and your mother will be there also.”
“Thank you.” She said and looked at Harry.
“Hello, my name is Renesmee Cullen. But everyone calls me Nessie.” she said.
“Harry Potter.” Harry said and shook her hand. Harry noticed that her hand was very cold. It felt like he had put his hand in ice water.
“Harry, Nessie will be joining you at Hogwarts this year. I want you to keep a close eye on her and help her if she needs it.”
“Sure thing, I can help her.” Harry said with a smile. It looks like Hogwarts is going to be another exciting year.
Sirius and Harry said their goodbyes and stepped out of the house.
“Are we going back to the Burrow?” Harry asked.
“No, all your stuff has been moved to my house. If it's ok with you, I would really enjoy it if you would stay there with me.”
“Of course Sirius, it beats the crap out of going back to Privet Drive.”
“Thanks Harry” Sirius said before they apparited.
 
 
I would appreciate it if anyone would review my work in progress. This is my first fanfic.
-Blue_Dragon4321