Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest Mage ❯ The Past Catches Up ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: As much as I may want to claim ownership of these two productions, I can’t because both Harry Potter and X-Men: Evolution belong to a whole lot of different companies that I can’t remember the names of at the moment. Any characters that appear in this fic that are not a part of either original series, belong to me so don’t take them without asking first.

Timeframe: The X-Men: Evolution part of the timeline takes place fourteen years before the start X-Men Evolution, and Harry will be two years younger than Kurt and Rogue who are both three at this time.

Summary: (X-MenEvo crossover) What if, Harry Potter was abandoned by the Dursley’s and was shipped off to an orphanage the same day he arrived on their doorstep, and was later adopted by a certain blue skinned shape shifter?

Glossary:
§§ §§” - Parseltongue

Age’s of Current Characters:
Lance – Avalanche - 18 years old
Pietro - Quicksilver - 18 years old
Wanda – Scarlet Witch - 18 years old
Kurt - Nightcrawler - 17 years old
Marie - Rogue - 17 years old
Fred - Blob – 17 years old
Todd - Toad – 16 years old
Tabitha - Meltdown – 16 years old
Kyle Gibney - Wild Child - 15 years old
Illyana – Magik - 15 years old
Damien - Tempest - 14 ½ years old

Tempest Mage
Chapter 3: The Past Catches Up
By: Sakura Lisel
======================================

Damien Harry Darkolme or ‘Rie’ as he was known to his friends, and better known as Tempest, was fourteen and a half years old and one of the newest member of the Brotherhood, having moved into the Brotherhood mansion a few months ago.

He had short medium length black hair with red highlights in it that hung just barely past his shoulders in a ponytail, with bright green eyes that almost had a golden cast to them when the light hit them.

He was dressed in a pair blue jeans with a black hoodie sweatshirt with a flaming skull on the back and front, with a red headband wrapped around his forehead that covered up his scar, while on his feet were a pair of black army boots. Hanging from both of his ears were a pair of small gold looped earrings, and perched on his nose was a pair of eyeglasses with red rims, though sometimes wore contact lens when he was working on projects.

Years ago, shortly after his muggle adoption in England, Mystique cast a Famalius spell on him to find out if he was indeed related to her, the results of the test came out positive to show that at least one of the boy’s parents was related to her by blood, she put him through a blood adoption so that he was now legally hers in all ways in the eyes of the wizarding community, in case anyone from his unknown past came looking for him and tried to lay a claim on him, which resulted in him getting the red streaks in his hair, and bringing out the gold in his eyes.

One of the side effects of the blood adoption was that whenever he showed extreme emotions or was using his powers, the green in his eyes would turn completely golden and would stay that way for a few hours before returning to normal, so he had his eyeglasses and contact lens charmed to that whenever his eyes became golden, the glasses and contacts would make his eyes look their normal green color when he was out in public.

Once they had reached the states, Mystique had then proceeded to the nearest Muggle hospital to get the lightning bolt scar covered up through surgery. Afterwards she made Irene Adler his godmother and both Eric Lehnsherr, aka Magneto, and Victor Creed, aka Sabertooth, were named as his godfathers.

Once reaching New Orleans, both him and Marie were spoiled rotten by both Irene and Mystique, and spent his formative years growing up in New Orleans under the care of Irene Adler, and his mother/grandmother Raven Darkolme, who he sometimes called ‘grams’ or ‘granny’ just to annoy her when they weren’t around outsiders.

When it turned out that Damien was a wizard as well as a mutant, Mystique set to work training him in everything she knew about the wizarding world and magic, teaching him how to do simple spells and potions while still training him to control his growing mutant powers.

The first sign of his magic was when he was five years old, Mystique had reluctantly left him in the care of Sabertooth while she and Magneto had gone a mission to recruit more mutants to their cause, and came back to headquarters a few hours later to find the living room completely thrashed, and a struggling Sabertooth hanging upside down bound and gagged by invisible magical ropes while Damien was busy eating a bag of chips on the couch while watching Sesame Street on TV.

It had taken Mystique nearly half an hour to dispel the ropes, causing the feral mutant to fall face first to the ground. As soon as he was back on his feet, It had taken Magneto and a few others to take down the enraged mutant and lock him in a holding cell for a few days until he cooled off, when he tried to pounce Damien with his claws out.

When Damien was questioned about how he’d done it, Damien had put on a innocent act, as he pointed his infamous teary puppy dog eyed look on his grandmother, while all the while wearing a familiar smirk that normally would be seen on Mystique’s own features when she’s done something bad, and simply said that he’d seen her do it, and had tried it out on Sabertooth because he’d been bored, and Sabertooth had been an easy target at the time to try it out on because he’d been mean to him.

In the months that followed since what everyone now called ‘The Incident’, Sabertooth had still refused to say exactly what happened between Damien and himself the day he wound up hanging upside down, but could be seen snarling and throwing dark looks at Damien, who now tagged along with him everywhere the feral mutant went whenever Mystique brought him over to Magneto’s headquarters, but since he was banned from harming the kid in anyway that’d leave him permanently maimed or leave him with lasting scars, he had to put up with having a second shadow around, though after awhile the two of them had managed to become close friends over the years since then.

Whenever Sabertooth wasn’t around when Mystique brought him over, Damien would hang out with Magneto’s twin children, Pietro and Wanda, with the trio became close friends over the years, and Wanda and Pietro started considering Damien as their little brother and were overprotective of him.

When Damien was six years old he first started showing signs of his mutant powers, giving him control of the four elements.

The first sign of his powers awakening was when he had suddenly gotten sick for no reason at all one night with a high fever, and had to send Marie away to stay with a friend for the night so she wouldn’t catch whatever Damien had.

Both Irene and Mystique spent the entire night taking care of him trying to bring his fever down, and during one of his fever induced nightmares made a huge wind to pick up inside of his bedroom, that almost knocked the two women off their feet, and sent them out of the room.

The winds didn’t stop until nearly hour later, and by that time the temperature inside his bedroom had gone from being cool thanks to the winds, it was now going up to sweltering degrees making it feel like an oven, and a few of the toys in the room caught on fire.

Once he got over his cold, Mystique immediately started training him to try and control his powers with Magneto’s help, and as his powers grew they discovered that he had control over the Earth and Water elements as well.

When he was seven years old, he started attending Madame Lafayette’s School of Magic. Madame Lafayette’s was a school that specialized in teaching it’s students in everything they needed to know that would let them make it in both the magical and muggle world, and had classes that thought subjects from both worlds.

Acing all of the courses that were set before him over the years with both Raven and Irene’s help, while taking special classes that helped him manage his mutant powers over the elements.

Damien was offered the chance to be able to graduate early from the school, instead of completing the remaining three years of school, and immediately took up the offer. Within a few weeks of grueling testing, he was soon walking down the aisle to receive his diploma from his old headmistress one week before the start of summer vacation, and Mystique had him emancipated in both the muggle and wizarding worlds as a graduation present.

After school let out for the summer, Damien had been back home with his Aunt Irene for a few days when a terrible rainstorm hit his hometown, and the ceiling started leaking and flooded most of the top floors, leaving the duo out of a home until the repairs on the house could be finished.

Mystique had arrived at their home in no time and immediately shipped both him and Irene off to Bayville so that they wouldn’t be underfoot during the construction, while Mystique herself stayed behind in New Orleans to help keep an eye on the construction to make sure nothing went wrong.

Once he reached Bayville, he moved into the Darkolme/Brotherhood mansion and hit it off pretty well with all of the inhabitants of the household, and after the first few weeks in Bayville, Damien decided that he liked living Bayville and wanted to stay there for awhile longer before heading back to New Orleans, whenever the house repairs were finished.

When it finally came time for them to go back home to New Orleans once repairs on their home were done, Irene wound up going back by herself, leaving Damien behind to stay at the Darkolme mansion, with the Brotherhood, after he decided that he wanted to stay in Bayville a while longer.

While he was living there, he found out about the rivalry the Brotherhood had with another group of mutants called the X-Men, who living at a nearby boarding school that housed their kind and trained them to control their powers, but the two groups seemed to have called a truce a few months ago after they had been forced to team up to rescue Mystique, Magneto and a man named Charles Xavier who turned out to own the school from some demigod named Apocalypse.

The reunion between Damien and Rogue had gone off well when the Southern bell had found out that her little brother had moved to Bayville, and had introduced him to his older brother/uncle Kurt Wagner, who welcomed the teen with open arms. The trio later had a heated argument over his living conditions, with Kurt and Rogue both wanting him to move into the X-Mansion, but in the end he stayed living at the Darkolme home with the Brotherhood and made trips out to Xavier’s every now and again to visit.


A few weeks after Damien’s own arrival at the mansion two more arrivals joined the Brotherhood in the Darkolme mansion, Kyle Gibney, or Wild Child as he was now known as, a blond teenage Feral type mutant, and Illyana Rasputin, aka as Magik or Darkchylde, the younger sister to Colossus who was a member of Magneto’s Acolytes team.

Wild Child joined up with the Brotherhood and moved into the mansion at their invitation. He’d been living on the streets for a year after he ran left his old home once his mutant powers had activated and his parents kicked him out. Pietro and Damien had found him one day rummaging through some trash in an alleyway a few houses away from the mansion one day while on their way home from school, and invited him to come live at the mansion after explaining about the Brotherhood, and he hadn’t left since.

Illyana was a fifteen year old girl with long blond haired with dark blue eyes, who’s mutant powers let her control glowing round disks that allowed anyone who stepped through them to go anywhere in the world, was also a teenage Demon Sorceress and ruler of a demon realm.

A year ago she used to be seven years old, her parents were killed in a car accident the previous year, and she came to live with her older brother Piotr Rasputin, aka Colossus of Magneto’s Acolytes.

Shortly after her arrival, because of her unawakened mutant power over the Stepping Disks, she was kidnapped by a demon lord named Belasco who wanted control of her mutant powers for himself, who took her back to his demon realm to be where she spent seven years being trained in the demonic dark arts after a failed rescue attempt by Colossus and the Acolytes.

When she fourteen she had gotten powerful enough Illyana had used her knowledge in the dark arts to challenge and defeat Belasco, and became the new ruler of the demon realm, but chose to finally return home, only to arrive mere minutes after her brother and friends were sent back themselves.

After her return from Limbo, she spent over two and a half months with the Acolytes being trained to better use her mutant powers, before Magneto decided to ship her off to Bayville to live with Mystique’s Brotherhood team, with her Piotr visiting every now and again when he had free time.


~-July 24, 1995, Bayville, New York – 7:25pm-~

Damien could be seen trudging up the staircase of Darkolme manor as he headed up to his bedroom after having a tiring day at school and was worn out from everything that had happened.

“Hey, Bebedora, Icarus, I’m home.” Damien called out as he pushed open the door that led into his room, he entered and bade a welcome to his two ‘roommates’ who shared his room, shutting the door behind him as he turned to face them, “§§You guys been good while I was gone?§§

Bebedora was a medium sized black snake with golden eyes and a bony V-shaped crest on the center of her forehead, who was under a sunlamp inside of her large aquarium in the far corner of the bedroom, while Icarus was a brown and gold feathered Northern Goshawk with black eyes who was taking a nap on a nearby pedestal next to the window.

Damien had received Icarus a few weeks after his twelfth birthday, after finding Icarus out in the swamps with a broken wing. Icarus was still just a fledgling, barely old enough to be on his own, and by the time his wing was healed, wouldn’t return to the wild despite Damien’s attempts at releasing him, the two of them had formed a special bond and Icarus became one of Damien’s two familiars. He acted as mail carrier, and also had a charm cast on him that allowed him to be able to track Damien wherever he might be.

Bebedora came along a year later after Damien found her in a magical menagerie pet store while picking up his school supplies. Because of her special breed, it had taken a lot of haggling before the shop keeper let them take her. Since then the trio were inseparable, with Bebedora acting as translator for Icarus for Damien whenever the need arose.

§§Bad day, massster?§§” Bebedora asked as she raised her head up a bit to watch her human enter the room, though she lazily lowered it once more to rest on her coils “§§I’m hungry, can I have sssomething to eat? Anything interesssting happened today?§§

§§Same old, same old, Bebedora. Nothing new happened today.§§” Damien said with a shrug of his shoulders as he walked over to nearby mouse cage filled with mice and pulled out two, before walking over to Bebedora’s aquarium dropped one of the mice inside, and brought the remaining one to Icarus who quickly snapped it out of his hand and started snacking on it, “§§You guys behave yourselves while I was gone?§§

§§We’ve both been on our bessst behavior, massster,§§” Bebedora said as she stalked her meal, who was cowering in a corner of the aquarium trying to look invisible, before finally charging it and snapping it up within seconds, before settling back underneath the warm rays of the sunlamp, as she watched Damien start removing his backpack and shoes, “§§Though, Icarusss’ has been complaining about being cooped up inssside while you go to ssschool, and wantsss to know if you’ll let him out tonight.§§

An indignant squawk could be heard from the mentioned bird, as he glared angrily at the snake.

§§Oh really?§§” Damien as he turned his gaze on the hawk who was looking at him expectantly, before a small grin appeared on Damien’s face, as he reached over to gently ruffle Icarus’s feathers affectionately, and earned himself a happy chirp from the hawk, “Don’t worry Icarus, you can go out for a flight right now. I don’t think anyone will immediately notice you out there.”

Putting on a thick pair of gloves, he moved his left hand so that it was directly under Icarus’s feet, and the hawk quickly climbed onto the offered hand, while Damien’s other hand was busily undoing the fastenings that kept the hawk on the pedestal.

Once Icarus was free, Damien carried out of his room and back downstairs, as he pulled open the front door and stepped outside into the cooling afternoon air.

“Be back home before morning, you hear me? I don’t want you getting lost out here again or somebody taking a shot at ya,” Damien said, as he eyed the bird warily as Icarus stared back at him with an intent look on his features, “And leave the house pets alone, I don’t want a repeat of the last time you were out?”

After receiving an affirmative squawk from the hawk, Damien released Icarus into the air, and watched the hawk take off and quickly disappear into the darkening sky.

Watching the bird disappear from sight, Damien let out a loud sigh before he turned on his heel and made his way back inside of the house, and shut the door with a loud click.


Walking into the family room, he found most of the Brotherhood gathered around the small room as they hung out together. Lance and Pietro were busy playing the Mortal Combat 3 game on their Playstation One while Todd was cheering them on and begging for a turn, while Illyana was sitting on the couch talking with Wanda about stuff, so Damien headed over there first. The rest of the Brotherhood had either gone out for the night or cooped themselves up in their rooms.

“Hi ladies, mind if I join you?” Damien said grinning a bit as he took a seat on the other side of Illyana without bothering to wait for an answer as he looked at the two girls as they turned their attention on him, “So what are you guys talking about?”

“Oh nothing much,” Illyana said smiling a bit at Damien as she glanced at Wanda for a moment, “Wanda and I were talking about what we were going to do tomorrow.”

“Like what?” Damien asked sounding curious as he looked at the two girls.

“How would you guys like to head off to the beach tomorrow?” Wanda asked, addressing both Damien and other boys that were in the room, “I think we could use the break from the heat we’ve been having.”

“I’m up for it.” Damien said, grinning a bit at the idea of the beach, as he leaned back into the cushions as he settled down onto the couch, “I don’t have anything planned for tomorrow anyways.”

“Good, everyone else has already agreed to go,” Illyana said, smiling a bit as she looked back at Damien for a moment before turning her gaze back on Wanda with a knowing look, “The only one’s not going are Freddy and Kyle.”

“Count me in too!” Todd said, having come over when Damien entered the room, while thinking gleefully to himself, as he glanced sideways at Wanda with an appreciative look on his features, 'Great, I’m gonna see Wanda in a swimsuit! Yes!'

ZAP!

OW!!! What was that for, Wanda?!” Todd whined after getting zapped by one of Wanda’s Hex bolts, as he started patting down his smoking clothes for a few seconds, “I didn’t do anything!”

“That was for that perverted look on your face that you got when we mentioned the beach, Todd,” Wanda scolded as she glared at the other teen in disapproval, as the boy turned a bright shade of red, as she started powering up another Hex bolt, “Especially since you were looking at me when you had it on your face. You were thinking dirty things again weren’t you?”

“Who? Me? I wouldn’t dream of it, Wanda!” Todd exclaimed raising his hands up as if to defend himself, before just barely dodging another Hex bolt before he hopped away to rejoin Lance and Pietro, who had paused their game to watch the commotion and were laughing their heads off along with Illyana and Damien, “Oh shut up you guys!”

“You should know better by now, Todd,” Pietro said as he looked over at his cowering friend as he tried to hide on behind and Lance and him, “that nothing escapes my sisters notice, dude.”

“Yeah, yeah. A guy can dream can’t he?” Todd said dismissively, before letting out a loud eep when he saw the dark look Wanda was still giving him and quickly shut up.

All of a sudden there was a bright flash of light that surprised everyone in the room, just as they all heard a soft musical thrill as a red and gold phoenix appeared in a burst of flame on the back of one of the chairs.

“What the hell?!” Lance exclaimed as he shielded his eyes from the blinding light for a few seconds before it finally died down, and was now gawking at the fire bird sitting on the chair, “What the heck is that thing?!”

“It’s a phoenix, though I wonder what it’s doing here for,” Illyana said as she stood up from the couch with Damien and Wanda as the group all gathered around Fawkes, eyeing the phoenix warily as it stared back at her with it beady black eyes, as his own eyes “I’ve seen plenty of them back during my days growing up in Limbo.”

“Cool a phoenix! So that’s what one looks like,” Pietro exclaimed, grinning a bit as he looked Fawkes over from top to bottom, when his eyes noticed something tied to its leg, “Hey what’s that thing on it’s leg?”

“It looks like an envelope, I wonder what’s inside it...” Todd said as he started moving closer to Fawkes and started to reach for the letter, only to get his hand pecked by Fawkes sharp beak, “OW! Why you little...”

Ignoring the odd looking boy, Fawkes quickly took to the air and flew over to where Damien was sitting on the couch, and landed on the armrest next to him, as he let out a happy sounding thrill as he held up his leg to Damien so he could take the envelope.

“The letters for me?” Damien asked, curiously as he eyed the phoenix beak warily for a moment before he carefully reached out for the offered leg, and when the bird didn’t make any sudden moves to attack his hand, he untied the envelop from it’s leg and started looking it over.

It was a beige colored envelope that seemed to be bulging with whatever was inside of it, and on the back of the letter was a green wax seal pressed against the back, that had a picture of a shield with a snake, a gryphon, a badger, and a raven on it, with a capital letter ‘H’ in the middle.

Frowning a bit, he turned the envelope back around so he could see what was written on the front of the letter and his eyes widened in surprise at what he saw.

Mr. Harry James Potter
Darkolme Mansion, Bayville, New York
Sitting on black couch in Family Room

“What the hell? You made a mistake, phoenix.” Damien said as he looked over the weird address labeling on the envelope, before shrugging his shoulders as he glanced at the phoenix and tried to hand it back to Fawkes, “My name’s not Harry Potter, so take it back to whoever sent it.”

Fawkes simply hopped away from Damien’s outstretched hand, as he let out a sad thrill as he looked at Damien for a moment before taking back to the air and landed on the back of one of the other chairs in the room.

Flipping the envelope back around, he put his hand on the seal to pull it off, and as soon as his fingers touched the wax he suddenly felt a tingling sensation go through his body, as a faint glow emitted from the seal and spread to his hands, and he quickly jerked his hand away in surprise as if he’d just been burned, just as the glow faded away.

“What happened?” Wanda demanded, after seeing Damien’s reaction to touching the letter when the glow appeared, concern filling her voice as she walked over and took his hand and looked it over for any sign of injury before looking back up at him, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Whatever that was didn’t hurt me, it just surprised me,” Damien said as he snatched his hand back from Wanda’s grip, as he glared down at the letter in his lap, “I don’t think it was supposed to harm me or anything.”

Damien carefully reached for the letter again, poking the seal with one finger, prepared to snatch it back in case the glow came back but nothing happen, so he put his whole hand on the seal and pulled it back without anything else happening.

Pulling open the envelope, he pulled out three folded pieces of paper, and frowning a bit, he set the last two papers down in his lap to read later, while he proceeded to unfold the first one and started reading it to himself.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find an enclosed list of necessary books and equipment.

Term begins September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

Sincerely yours,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

“So what does it say, Rie?” Todd asked as he took a seat on the couch and scooted over closer to get a look at the letters as Damien picked up the first one and started reading it, while the rest of the Brotherhood gathered around the couch to get a look at the paper, “Anything interesting in there?”

“It’s just some acceptance letter to some magic school in England, nothing to get worked up over really,” Damien said dismissively, as he frowned down at the letter for a moment, as he tried to decide what to do, as he let Todd take the letter to read for himself, as he picked up another paper and unfolded it, he saw that it was the school supply list that the first letter was talking about, and tossed it aside with barely a glance at it, “since I’m not going to go, plus it has to be a mistake since there’s no one here named ‘Harry James Potter’.”

“For an acceptance letter, it doesn’t say much,” Wanda said after a few seconds, a slight frown marring her features, as she took the letter from Todd to read with Illyana who had taken a seat next to her, “And it couldn’t be a mistake since the bird wouldn’t let anyone except you take the letters.”

“Who cares sis?” Pietro said as he snatched the letter away from her, and started reading it for himself while Lance looked over his shoulder, “And what’s with this ‘Harry Potter’ crap? You’re not him.”

“Who knows,” Damien said with a slight shrug of his shoulders, as he turned his attention to the remaining letter and picked it up and started reading it.

Dear Mr. Potter,

If you are reading this letter, then Fawkes has finally located you after all these years. My name is Albus Dumbledore, and I am the headmaster of Hogwarts. We’ve been searching for you a long time since discovering your disappearance from your relatives household fourteen years ago, and will be glad to welcome you back into our society.

Because of the troubling times we are in right now, the letters you have received have been charmed so that no one other than you would be able to open them, and enchanted to send out a signal to us as soon as they have been opened by you.

You may think that this letter is a prank, but it is far from it. Have you ever seen strange things happen around you while growing up? Things that can not be explained away as being normal? Magic is very real and your birth parents were a witch and wizard in our society, thus making you a wizard yourself.

There is so much we have to discuss with you concerning your future. I knew both of your parents and was close friends of theirs, when they attended Hogwarts when they were your age, and I hope to see you here come September.

I can’t tell you much in this letter in case it somehow gets intercepted or given to the wrong person, but it is imperative that you come to Hogwarts for your own protection so that we may discuss your place in our world.

A representative from Hogwarts will be arriving later on at your location to take you to get your school supplies and help reintroduce you to your heritage, as soon as we receive your response.

Sincerely Yours,
Albus Wulfric Dumbledore
Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

'So that’s what that stupid glow was,' Damien thought silently to himself as he reread the letter a second time, as irritation filled him as he realized what it might mean as his eyes narrowed, 'it was only confirming if I was this Harry Potter person or not before it would let me open it. Then that means...'

By the time Damien had finished rereading the letter, the other Brotherhood members had started to notice a slight increase in the rooms temperature as the younger boy glared down at the letter in his hands, which was starting to smoke around the edges. Even Fawkes looked a little surprised as he watched Damien’s reaction to the letters.

“Uh... Damien? Is there a problem?” Pietro asked, nervously as he stared at the younger boy worriedly.

“Jeez, the nerve of some people.” Damien exclaimed in open disbelief as he reread the second letter for a second time to see if he had read it wrong as he felt his temper rise, “Who does he think he is saying that ‘someone will be sent to collect me’ as if me going to Hogwarts is already a done deal?”

Damien was getting to set fire to the letter when it was snatched out of his hand by Pietro, and the other’s gather around to read it.

“Hey give that back!” Damien exclaimed as he leaped to his feet and tried to get the letter back from his friends.

“We only want to see what is it about this letter that’s setting you off, Damien,” Pietro said as he used his super speed to get out of Damien’s reach, while still clutching Dumbledore’s letter in his hands, “And we can’t do that if your getting ready to burn it.”

“So does this mean that you are Harry Potter, if you were able to open that envelope?” Todd asked, confusion filing his voice since he didn’t really know all that much about magic, “It recognized you or something?”

“Probably, whoever this Dumbledore guy is,” Damien said as he finally managed to snatch the letter back form Pietro and made his way over to a nearby desk and started rummaging through the drawers, “he can now find me wherever I am thanks to that stupid spell he put on the envelope.”

“What are you looking for?” Illyana asked from where she was standing.

“This. I need to send a response to these guys don’t I? I’m sending my rejection letter to them now,” Damien said as he held up a pen and blank sheet of paper, along with a blank envelope, and bent over the desk and started writing, “Might as well get it done now before they decide to send someone for me.”

Ten minutes went by after Damien started writing the rejection letter and after throwing away five different versions of the letter he’d started, he was soon finished. Quickly sealing the letter in the envelope he had pulled out, he stood up and moved over to where Fawkes was patiently waiting.

“Here, take this to either Dumbledore or McGonagall, I don’t care,” Damien said as he tied the letter to Fawkes raised leg, and offered the phoenix a bird treat, which Fawkes gratefully took as allowed Damien to tie the letter to his leg.

Once he was finished, Fawkes gave Damien one last look before he let out a loud screech as he disappeared in a ball of flames.

“Are you sure that you should have rejected going to this Hogwarts school, Damien?” Lance asked as he looked at Damien worriedly, after just reading Dumbledore’s letter for himself, “He said that you’d be in danger if you stay here.”

“I can take care of myself, and don’t need a bunch of magical flatscans ‘protecting’ me. I don’t need to go back I’m not going to enroll,” Damien said dismissively as he glanced over at Lance for a moment, before turning away and sat back down on the couch, “into another magic school so soon after I just busted my butt going through the graduation exams at my old school.”

“What if they send someone to pick you up anyways?” Illyana asked, as she took a seat next to him.

“I’ll deal with it personally if someone shows up.” Damien said grinning a bit.


Awhile later found Damien back in his bedroom as he got ready to bed down for the night. Icarus had returned half an hour ago from his hunting trip and was resting on his perch, and was taking a drink from his water bowl.

Climbing into bed wearing only his boxers, he lay under the covers staring up at the ceiling, as he thought back to the letters he’d received earlier.

'The way that Dumbledore guy was writing, you’d think he actually expects me to go with whoever he sent here.' he thought silently to himself as he rolled over to his side, as he stared off into space for a few seconds as a thoughtful look appeared on his face, and a frown appeared on his lips, 'Will they accept my rejection letter, or still send someone here? and why do I get the feeling that this isn’t the end of it?'

Coming to a decision, he sat up and kicked off his blanket, he got out of bed and went over to his desk, turning on the desktop lamp as he pulled open one of the drawer and pulled out a pen and some blank paper, and wrote down a quick message.

Grams,

You have to come back home quickly. I received two letter’s from a magic school in England called Hogwarts, addressed to the name Harry Potter. I’ve already turned them down, but I have a feeling that they’re not going to take no for answer.

I’m sending along a copy of one of the letters I got, and I hope you get back to Bayville soon. It might be a good idea to bring along uncles Vic and Eric too, if they are around.

See you guys when you get here.

Love,
Damien

Once he was through, he pulled out Dumbledores letter and cast a duplication spell on the parchment to get a copy of the letter, and stapled the copy to the back of the letter he had just written, then folded up both letters and placed them inside of an envelope, as he turned towards his hawk who was now watching him from it’s perch.

“Icarus, I know you must be tired, but could you please take this to grams would ya?” Damien asked as he tied the letter to the hawk’s leg, before stepping away from it as he turned to open the window, as he held out a gloved hand towards the hawk to climb on, “If you do this, I promise that I’ll treat you to your favorite treat later.”

Nodding his head in agreement, Icarus quickly climbed onto Harry’s offered hand, and let himself be carried over to the open window, and instantly took off into the night sky, while Damien watched.

As soon as the hawk was out of sight, Damien turned away from the window and headed back to bed, leaving the desk lamp on and the window wide open so that Icarus would be able to find his way back inside.


~-July 25, 1995, Bayville, New York – 7:05am-~

Early the next morning, Damien was still sound asleep in his bed with his bed pillow, his hair untied from it’s bindings, as he snuggled underneath the blankets for warmth, when the insistence squawks and hisses from his familiars started to wake him up, causing him to moan as he tried to bury his head underneath his pillow.

§§Massster! Wake up!§§” Bebedora demanded as she called out to Damien, and feeling a bit irritated when she saw him try to bury his head under his pillows, §§It’s important, and you have to wake up right now!§§

§§Bebedora go back to sleep. I had a long night and I want to sleep!§§” Damien snapped irritably as he turned over on his side without opening his eyes as he tried to go back to sleep, “§§Plus It’s too cold and early to wake up now. I’ll feed ya later...§§

§§You have to wake up now! Your special alarm ball is blinking off,§§ Bebedora said with a slight huff as she raised her head up from her body to look at her master, §§You told us to tell you if it ever went off.§§

It took a few seconds for what Bebedora had just said to sink in, before Damien suddenly sat up straight in bed, covers falling to his lap as his eyes widened as he looked around the room until they fastened on his desk where a round crystal was blinking bright purple on the tabletop.

The crystal was a special magical alarm device that Damien had bought a few weeks ago, that was tied into similar crystals that he’d placed around the house on the walls, hanging them above windows, doors, etc. The crystals were used as a warning signal in case anyone tried to break in while the household inhabitants were unaware.

The way the crystals worked was that it would glow white if the intruders were muggles, blue if they were mutants, and bright purple if the intruders had magic, and with the way the ball was glowing now, it was obvious whoever their unwelcome visitors were, they were packing magic.

A very long stream of curses, that would have made his uncle Creed proud if he heard them, or probably cause either his mom or his godmother to ground him until he was an old man, escaped from Damien’s lips as he leaped out of bed and ran towards his desk, as he opened up one of the drawers and pulled out his wand, before turning towards the crystal and tapped it with the wand, while muttering a spell.

A few seconds later, a hologram appeared above the crystal to show a replay of the main entrance of the mansion to show the door being opened from the outside as four men in robes and pointed hats let them inside the mansion, with their wands already drawn, as they started looking around the first floor.

Damien couldn’t hear what was being said between the intruders, but he could already tell that whatever it was couldn’t be any good seeing how they broke into the house while everyone was still asleep.

'If these guys are burglars there not very good ones, thinking they can get away with breaking in here without notice,' Damien thought with a slight smirk on his face as he put down his wand next to the crystal, as he reached into one his desk drawers and pulled out a decorated box with runes drawn on the outside and placed it on the table, 'Though thanks to them, since there magical I’m going to get to try out the systems Capture sequence.'

Picking his wand back up, he raised it to the crystal and chanted a spell, and the crystal started glowing a bright dark green color. Smiling a bit Damien turned away from the desk and walked over to his dresser and pulled out a pair of sweat pants, and pulled them on before reaching for his shoes.

§§Where are you going, massster?§§” Bebedora hissed from within her aquarium as she watched her master pull on a pair of shoes once he had his pants on, “§§It’sss not sssafe.§§

§§Since I’m awake now. I’m going to go ‘greet’ our unwelcome guests, Bebedora.§§” Damien said, as a slight smirk appeared on his face, as he picked up his wand and the crystal ball from the desk before he started heading for the bedroom door, “§§I want to watch what happens in person, and deal with them myself if they somehow get past the system.§§


~-July 25, 1995, Bayville, New York – 7:07am-~

Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black appeared outside the Brotherhood mansion with a loud pop at five minutes to seven.

Walking up the steps leading to the front door and ringing the doorbell, they stepped back and waited for someone to come to open the door, but after a few minutes no one came. They pushed the button a few more times but still no one came to open the door for them.

“What’s taking them so long?!” Severus snapped impatiently after a few minutes as he scowled darkly at the closed door as he pulled out his wand, “Don’t these bloody American’s know that they should answer their doors when someone comes calling on them?!”

“Calm down Severus. I believe that it might still be early in the morning here in the colonies,” Dumbledore scolded, as a slight frown appeared on his own features as he stared at the closed door, “so everyone in the household could still be asleep, and unable to hear the doorbell.”

“So what do you want to do? Do we come back in a couple of hours to talk to them?” Remus said as he took a step back from the front door, “I don’t think a few more hours would hurt.”

“We don’t have time to waste standing outside. If Potter really is living here,” Severus said impatiently as he gave a quick wave of his wand and cast a quick Alohomora spell to unlock the front door, and pushed it open as he walked inside and looked around the front hall, “then let’s just go get him and get out of here as soon as possible, before anyone notices we’re here.”

“I don’t think this is a good idea, headmaster,” Remus was saying as he followed after the older man with Remus and Severus, as the werewolf look around and listened for any signs of anyone that might be up, “Letting ourselves into this house isn’t going to make a good impression on Harry, What if someone comes downstairs while we’re here?”

“We’ll deal with that problem when it comes up, Remus,” Albus said dismissively, as he stood in the middle of the hallway and took in his surroundings for a moment, “All that matters right now is that we get the boy and leave as soon as possible, once we explain things to him.”

Remus didn’t look convinced, but before he could say anything Sirius’ voice brought their attention over to him.

“Hey you guys, come take a look at this!” Sirius called out, causing the other three men to turn and look at him with disapproving looks for making so much noise, only to find that he had wandered over to a wall covered in picture frames, just as he reached up and removed one from the wall.

“Black, what the hell do you think you are you doing? I think that you are completely missing the whole concept,” Snape hissed in low tones as he came over with Remus and Dumbledore right behind him, “of being quiet so no one knows we are here while we retrieve your godson, and yet here you are wasting more time by looking at pictures.”

“Oh shut up, Sniveles, I have a reason you know. I want you guys to take a look at this picture I found. This proves that Harry is here.” Sirius said as he proudly held up the picture so that the others could see it, as he continued speaking, “He probably moved here recently since this is the only picture with him in it. He looks exactly like James did at that age. But it’s just not him I’m talking about. There’s a lady in the picture that looks like...”

Before he could finish what he was going to say, the other three men took a look at the photograph that Sirius was showing them, and they saw that it looked to be a group picture, showing nine teenagers of different ages sitting on the ground posing with for the camera, and in the sitting in front of the group was a black haired boy with bright green eyes staring at the camera.

But what really caught the groups attention was the familiar looking green eyed redheaded woman with, sitting next to the boy with her arms wrapped around his waist, as the two smiled for the camera with the others.

“Is that Lily??” Remus said, disbelief filling his voice as he stared intently at the redheaded woman who resembled his dead friend so much that she could have been her twin, “But that’s impossible! She’s dead.”

“It could be a trick of some kind. It could be someone masquerading as Lily.” Sirius said, grasping at straws for a moment as he tried to come up with an answer to who the woman in the picture could be, “Maybe a spell or something”

“I must say that this is an interesting development,” Dumbledore said as he looked at the picture frame with barely concealed narrowed eyes, as his eyes took in the appearance of the mysterious woman seated next to Harry, who’d looked so much like the deceased Lily Potter that it was uncanny, “We’ll have to look into this once we’ve made contact with Harry and spoken with his guardian, and questioned her.”

“That boy can’t be Harry Potter. Even if he looks like James Potter, then where’s the scar?” Severus demanded, as he scrutinized Damien’s image in the picture for a moment, “I don’t see it on his forehead and... What’s that sound?”

The group started to notice a low humming sound that immediately drew the four wizards attention as it was steadily growing louder with each second, as they looked around for the source of the noise, just as a white barrier suddenly appeared around the every door in the room including the staircase leading upstairs, when all of a sudden a white beam of light shot through the hallway, in between the four men, quickly followed by several more that formed around the group.

Severus was the first to go down as one the beams of light hit him head on before he had time to react and get out of the way, and he fell to the floor completely knocked out without a mark on him.

“Severus!” Albus exclaimed just as he dodged another energy beam that came too close for comfort, as he pulled out his wand and started searching for the source of the attack, “Sirius, Remus! Be on your guard!”

“Bloody hell!” Sirius exclaimed as he held out his wand defensively as he barely dodged one of the beams of light as it came at him, “what’s going on here?!”

“It would seem that we must have triggered some kind of trap,” Dumbledore said as he avoided another beam as it hit the area where he’d been standing, while pulling out his wand as he search around for the source of the light beams, “We have to find out what’s causing them and stop them.”

Remus also pulled out his own wand as he started looking around, and he quickly found the source of one of the light beams coming from a medium sized crystal hanging from over the front door, just as he dodged out of the way of an incoming attack, and quickly aimed his wand at the wall as he cast a spell, “REDUCTO!

To the surprise of the three men, instead of releasing the spell as it was supposed to do, the wand only gave off a few sparks before it settled back down.

“What the hell?!” Remus exclaimed as he stared down at his wand in shock, as he tried casting another spell, but this time there was no reaction at all from the wand.

Both Sirius and Dumbledore tried their own wands, only to get the same results as Remus had gotten and the trio grouped together as they tried to figure out what was going on as they tried to avoid the light beams, when they suddenly stopped.

“Not that I’m complaining, but why did it stop?” Sirius demanded as he tried to catch his breath from all of the running around he had done.

“Because I turned it off. You know, for a bunch of burglars you guys suck.” an unfamiliar voice asked, causing the three men to turn towards the staircase to see a black haired boy sitting on the middle step on the other side of the barrier as he watched what was going on, “The minute you people came into this house, your magic was blocked by our anti-magic wards, and your magic’s not coming back until you leave the premises.”

“Harry?” Sirius whispered to himself as he saw the youth, and recognized him from the picture he’d picked up, and now that he was seeing Damien up close he could see the similarities between James Potter, right down to the messy black hair and glasses, except he had his mother’s green eyes.

Remus also looked, but didn’t say anything as he stared at the younger boy as he remained sitting on the other side of the barrier.

Upon seeing the youth sitting behind the barrier, Albus Dumbledore was all smiles now as he realized that everything was going as planned, now that they had made contact with their target. Hesitating for a moment as he looked around to see if the light beams might be coming back, he started moving towards the barrier.

“Harry my dear boy, we’ve come a long way to speak with you. If you would be kind enough to drop the barrier so we may talk now. My name is...” Dumbledore said, smiling as he started taking a step towards the staircase, only to jump back in surprise when a large ring of fire suddenly surrounded him and the others and completely boxing them in, “What is this?”

“Not another step if you don’t want to get burned. The name is Damien Darkolme, old man, and I’m not your ‘dear boy’. I’m guessing that you’re Albus Dumbledore from Hogwarts, aren’t ya?” Damien said as he stood up, pulling off his glasses as he rubbed them and yawned for a moment, before turning his glare on the group once more to reveal bright golden eyes instead of his green ones, as he raised a glowing hand towards them, “You made a mistake in coming here despite my telling you not to bother. I don’t appreciate you jerks breaking into my home so early in the morning.”

To be continued...

==================
Author’s Notes:
All right! My longest chapter ever in the ‘Tempest Mage’ series, and finally completed at 17 pages.

So what do you guys think of the new and (hopefully) improved Harry Potter!Damien Darkolme, and my choice in mutant powers for him? I did say in a previous chapter that his powers would put him up to the same rank as Xaiver’s own son, Legion, and he’s less psychotic than Legion, though he has a temper. Do you like or hate him?

Hey, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be willing to do a picture of Damien for me?

Hey you guy, I was wondering what all of you would think about the idea of Mystique being thirty-five years younger than Dumbledore, making her one hundred and nineteen years old? The reason that I’m asking is rumor has it is that Mystique’s over a hundred years old, and that she’s been friends with Irene Adler since Victorian times, WAY back when Irene was still in her early to mid twenties when the two first met.

For those of you who don’t know anything about the characters known as ‘Wild Child’ and ‘Magik’, and wants to know who or what kind of mutant they are, check out the links that are available on my profile page. It’ll take you to an official character biography page on them on wikipedia.


Previous Chapter/Main Page/Next Chapter