Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Tempest Mage ❯ Plans Are Made ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: As much as I may want to claim ownership of these two productions, I can’t because both Harry Potter and X-Men: Evolution belong to a whole lot of different companies that I can’t remember the names of at the moment. Any characters that appear in this fic that are not a part of either original series, belong to me so don’t take them without asking first.

Timeframe: The X-Men: Evolution part of the timeline takes place fourteen years before the start X-Men Evolution, and Harry will be two years younger than Kurt and Rogue who are both three at this time.

Summary: [(X-MenEvo crossover)] What if, Harry Potter was abandoned by the Dursley’s and was shipped off to an orphanage the same day he arrived on their doorstep, and was later adopted by a certain blue skinned shape shifter?

Glossary:
§§ §§” - Parseltongue

Tempest Mage
Chapter 2: Plans Are Made
By: Sakura Lisel
======================================

~-July 25, 1995, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - 11:35am~

Late the next morning found Hogwarts Great Hall filled with Order of the Phoenix members, after being summoned to Hogwarts for an emergency meeting by Dumbledore. Since it was still summer vacation, Dumbledore had decided that Hogwarts Great Hall would be the perfect place to hold the meeting.

When the war with Voldemort had started up again over the summer, the Order of the Phoenix had doubled in size, as most of the newer members were from family’s who had gone into hiding under Dumbledore’s protection to avoid being killed by the Death Eaters for refusing to join Voldemort’s cause.

Some of the order members were busy talking amongst themselves as they all wondered why the headmaster had called them in for a meeting at Hogwarts, in the middle of the day instead of at night like most of their meetings usually took place.

Sirius and Remus were sitting up at the teachers table drinking a cups of coffee while Sirius who was still half asleep, was mumbling about how it was too early for Order meetings, but had only come because Remus had made him get up when Dumbledore’s summons had come.

“Everyone, I have some good news that I wish to share with all of you!” Dumbledore announced as soon as it had become quiet within the hall, as everyone turned their full attention on him as he made his announcement, as copies he had made of the letter appeared on the tables in front of everyone, “As you can all see from those letters in front of you, Harry Potter has finally been located late last night, thanks to the help of Fawkes.”

Excited murmurs broke out among the Order members as they picked up their copies of Harry’s letter as they read it for themselves, though there were some people voicing disapproval over what the letter said.

“How do you know it’s even Harry, Albus?” Minerva asked as she glanced over at the headmaster with a concerned look on her face, as she finished reading Damien’s letter for herself, “This ‘D.D.’ person could be just about anyone.”

“Very easily, Minerva. I took the precaution of making sure the letters I sent out last night, were charmed so that no one except Mr. Potter or myself would be able to open and read them,” Dumbledore said with a triumphant look on his features, as he looked around at the stunned faces of the Order members once more before continuing, “And as this ‘D.D.’ person was able to open and read the letters, then he has to be none other than our missing Harry Potter.”

“What about this nonsense about him already having graduated from Magic School?” Kingsley Shacklebolt’s voice demanded as he waved his own copy in the air, causing some of the other Order members to voice their own concerns on the subject, as the Auror raised his voice to be heard over everyone else’s voices, “If he’s already been to magic school, then he’d still be in his fourth year by now, so how could he have graduated already?”

“Though I’m a bit concerned about that one myself, we’ll just have to wait and ask Mr. Potter that ourselves when we go get him, Kingsley. If we are to have any hope of winning this war against Lord Voldemort,” Dumbledore said as a frown appeared on his features at the reminder, before it disappeared and was replaced with a smile as he looked around the room once more, “then we’ll have to convince young Harry that it is in his best interests to continue his education here at Hogwarts when the school term starts in a few weeks, so we can properly train him.”


Meanwhile, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black were busily talking amongst themselves as they half listened to what was happening around them. Sirius had become fully awake after hearing the news about Harry, and listened intently to what Dumbledore had to say, and after reading the letter and hearing about the charm Dumbledore had put on it to confirm whether or not the person who received it was Harry, and Sirius was grinning like both his birthday AND Christmas had come early for him that year, while Remus only looked worried at his friend.

“I can’t believe it, Moony! After all this time,” Sirius exclaimed excitedly at the idea that he was finally getting his godson back, as he started making mental plans for the boys arrival, “We’ve finally found Harry, and we can bring him home where he belongs!”

Over the years since Sirius was released from Azkaban and Peter was caught and given the Dementors Kiss, Remus had moved in with Sirius at the Black family home and helped Sirius remodel the place so it wouldn’t look as dark and gloomy as it once did. They’d taken down every single of the House Elf head mountings that Sirius’ mother had put up over the years and given each elf head a proper burial in the back yard.

There was one elf named Kreacher, still alive after the elder Blacks had passed on, but after having some trouble with the elderly house elf, they’d shipped him off to Hogwarts where he now worked mucking out the Thestral stalls for Hagrid.

As Remus listened to his friend talk, worry filled him once he had learned that Harry was missing Sirius had become way to focused on finding Harry, wanting to be reunited with the boy at all costs, and it started leaving the werewolf worried after awhile.

“Sirius you must realize that Harry probably wouldn’t be willing to come live with you when we find him.” Remus said with a patient tone in his voice as he looked at his longtime friend worriedly, “He has a new family now that he probably wouldn’t want to leave in order to come live with strangers.”

“Nonsense, Remus. Harry’s our godson, and he belongs right here with us where he belongs. I’m sure once we talk to whoever has him will understand,” Sirius said as a determined look appeared on his features as he looked away from his friend for a moment to look over at Dumbledore as the older man continued speaking to the Order members, “Moony, Harry’s the only thing we have left of Lily and James, and are you really going to let him go after we’ve finally found him?”

“No, I’ll admit that I’m eager to see him again myself, Padfoot, but I think that you have to face the reality of the current situation,” Remus said as a thoughtful look appeared on his face as he saw the stubborn look appear on Sirius’ face as he tried to placate his friend, “Even you must realize that after all these years, he’s not Harry Potter anymore. He’s spent fourteen years with a new family now who love and care for him.”

“Look Moony, I...” Sirius started to say, his voice sound exasperated as what Remus was saying started to sink into his mind, as he realized the truth in what Remus was saying, but was stopped in mid-sentence when the werewolf held up a hand to silence him.

“Look all I’m saying, is that if you want to get to know Harry better, you might want to start the relationship off by calling him by his new name,” Remus said as he looked back down at the letter that Damien had sent Dumbledore, with a slight frown on his face as he stared at the initials at the bottom of the page and chuckled a bit as he turned his gaze back on Sirius, “That is, at least as soon as we learn what his new name is. I highly doubt that he’ll be willing to change it back to the old one.”

“...Fine. I’ll wait until I actually meet Harry and talk to him before I start making plans about his future...” Sirius said, visibly deflating a bit as he finally saw the truth in his friends words, as he looked away, before a smirk appeared on his face as he looked back at Remus, “But I’m not hope that he will come stay with us, even if it’s for short periods of time before he goes back to his other family...”

“I’m hoping too, Padfoot.” Remus said, laughing a bit at the look on his friends face, as they went back to listening to what was happening around them as Dumbledore started speaking up again.


“So why’d you wait until to call all of us in for this meeting, Albus?” Arthur Weasely called out from his seat next to his wife, as he pulled out a pocket watch and checked the time, as he arched an eyebrow at the headmaster, “It’s almost twelve o’clock in the afternoon, and we could have gone for him earlier in the morning.”

“The reason that I called this meeting so late in the day was because I thought it would be more prudent to do so,” Dumbledore said as he folded his hands in front of him on the table, as he looked at Arthur for a moment, before turning his gaze away to look at the gathered people once more, “if we are to make a good impression on Mr. Potter as we try to convince him to return to us. His current location would have made that impossible if we had tried going to him any earlier.”

“Why’s that, Albus?” Minerva asked, confusion filling her voice as she stared at the headmaster, “If he’s somewhere in England then the time shouldn’t have mattered in the least.”

“I cast a locator spell on the original letter Mr. Potter sent, I’ve managed to track down where the letter arrived, and it looks like he’s in America, in a place called Bayville, New York. If I had called in all of you in any earlier than now,” Dumbledore said as he looked around at the gathered witches and wizards, his eyes twinkling a bit, as gasps rang out through the room at the news, “and sent whoever volunteered for the mission off to America to retrieve Mr. Potter, in New York it would have been too late in the hour to be making house calls.”

“I don’t see why your even bothering, headmaster. Obviously the rude little brat doesn’t wish to come to Hogwarts, headmaster, so why even bother making the trip at all?” Severus Snape said, causing everyone to turn their attention on the potions master as he sat at the teachers table, as a sneer appeared on his features, “I can tell already, that he’s just like his father, thinking that he’s too good to be coming here.”

“Be as it may, Severus, Harry must come to Hogwarts whether he wants to or not,” Albus said as serious look appeared on his face, the twinkle in his glasses disappearing completely as he stared over at the Potions Master, “It’s imperative that we keep him safe at all costs until we get him prepared to face You-Know-Who.”

Severus scowled a bit at the news, but settled back into his seat without a further word.

“Now then. I’ll be leaving within the next fifteen minutes to go retrieve Mr. Potter from his current location and bring him here but,” Dumbledore said as he looked around for a moment, before his eyes settled on Sirius and Remus and saw that he had their attention once more, and small smile appeared on the older man’s face, “I’ll be needing some volunteers who will be willing to come with me bring him home where he belongs so he may begin his schooling.”

“Remus and I will go! We owe it to Lily and James memory to go and get Harry,” Sirius called out before anyone else could say anything, immediately standing up as he made his announcement, as Remus followed his lead, as he looked around at the gathered Order members as they turned their attention on him, “Harry is our responsibility so we’ll be the one to go for him.”

“That’s fine with me, Sirius, and you are both more than welcome to come,” Dumbledore said as he acknowledged what the formed Marauder had just said before turning his gaze to look back among the Order members to see if there were any other volunteers, “Would anyone else wish to accompany us?”

When no one else volunteered to make the trip, Dumbledore nodded his head in agreement to Sirius and Remus for a moment before turning his gaze towards Severus who was looking boredly around the room.

“Severus, I want you to come with us to get Harry.” Dumbledore said, smiling a bit when the other man turned to stare at Dumbledore in open shock and disbelief, before the look turned to outraged self righteous anger.

“There’s no way in bloody hell, will help get that brat, Headmaster.” Snape snapped as he glared at the elderly man in defiance, as he jerked a thumb in Sirius and Remus’ direction, “You don’t even need me, since you already have those two tagging along to help get the boy.”

“Be as it may, we may need the extra help in bringing in young Harry when we find him.” Dumbledore said as a slight frown appeared on his features as he stared at the Potions Master and his open defiance, “There’s no telling what might happen when we go, so I’m asking you, Severus, to come with us.”

“Fine. But let’s be quick a about it.” Glaring back for a minute, Snape finally looked away and crossed his arms over his chest, “I do have better things to do with my time than go after wayward children on my vacations.”

“Good then. This meeting,” Dumbledore said, all smiles once more as he turned his gaze back on the group and clapped his hands once, “of the Order of the Phoenix will be adjourned for now. I will keep all of you updated on how everything went.”

As soon as the room was vacated, Dumbledore told Sirius, Remus and Severus to start getting ready for the trip and to meet back at his office, before leaving the Great Hall himself and heads straight for his office to make his own preparations.

To be continued...

==================
Author’ s Notes:
Sorry guys for taking so long to update this story, but I’ve been busy, plus I’ve just giving my brain a break from this story for awhile. lol I was working on a different version chapter 2, which is over seven pages long, when I came up with this one instead. The chapter I worked on wound up being moved up to becoming Chapter 3 instead, and it might be up in a couple of days or so.

Anyways, Damien’s going to finally be making his appearance in this story next chapter, and I hope you all enjoy the new and improved, super powered Harry Potter that I came up with.

If anyone is wondering why I had Dumbledore start the meeting at 11:35am, is because I did some checking on time zones, and England’s five hours ahead of New York. As tempting as it was, if I had them go after Harry any earlier than 11 o’clock then sent them to get Harry, the order would have to be dealing with a bunch of majorly super cranky super powered teenagers, who haven’t gotten enough sleep. lol I’m not that cruel.