Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ "Because She Told Me To!" ❯ The Story of the Wand and the Carrot ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

"BECAUSE SHE TOLD ME TO!"
Chapter Two:
The Story of the Wand and the Carrot


------------------------------------------------------- -----------------





Upon entering the Room of Requirement, they found a small room not unlike the one Neville had found the last time he was here; the main difference was really that instead of just one overstuffed chair, there were two -- and upon the small table stood two large, but empty mugs.

As Luna sat down in one of the chairs, she picked a mug up and turned it upside-down, as if to make sure it really was empty. "Oh," she said with a vaguely disappointed look on her face. "I was hoping for some tea. It looks like the Room can't make food or drink, though."

"Doesn't seem like it," said Neville, and wondered silently whether this was because food was too hard to conjure up magically or simply because whoever had created it had been afraid that students would discover the room and use it to get free beer or Firewhisky. "We could perhaps call up a House-Elf from the kitchen, or --"

Luna shook her head. "No, thank you. They don't have Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans in the kitchen, anyway, and I used up the last of mine the last time I had a cup of tea."

"You take Every-Flavour Beans in your tea?!" said Neville.

She nodded. "I have to stir a long time before they melt, but I like it. That way, the tea tastes differently from time to time, you know. Last time, I had pistachio nut, fudge, floorwax and brussel-sprout."

"That... doesn't sound very good," said Neville carefully.

"It wasn't," Luna agreed, "but I always thought the yucky-flavoured Beans must feel sad because nobody ever wants to eat them. The least I can do is take them in my tea."

"...Why do you keep acting like this?!" Neville managed to spurt out, feeling his face go hot again. It wasn't a blush, for once, if was... well, something else, something he couldn't quite name.

"Like what?" Luna looked at him, obviously not understanding.

"Well, like that! You say things that don't make any sense, and you go off and have sex with another girl just because she tells you you're a naughty slut, and you keep talking about these strange creatures that nobody's ever heard of, and now you're worried about hurting the feelings of floorwax-flavoured Bertie Bott's!" Neville breathed heavily. "I don't get you!"

"Oh." Luna looked down and bit her lip. Then, her shoulders began shaking, and as she looked up again, Neville was shocked to see tears in her eyes.

He immediately felt like the world's biggest git. "No -- No, I didn't mean it like that... don't cry!"

But Luna's voice was trembling as she spoke: "You're not that much better, you know. You always go around tripping and breaking things, looking like you're afraid of your own shadow when everybody knows that shadows haven't been dangerous since the Shadow-corrupting Crackles were extinct over fifty -- years -- ago!" The last part of the sentence almost drowned in a series of sobs.

He didn't know whether to laugh, or cry, or both. In the end, he did neither. "I -- I know," he murmured instead. "I shouldn't have said -- I'm sorry! Please stop crying?"

She continued sobbing anyway, curling up into a little ball in her chair and hiding her face against her knees. After some moments of hesitation, Neville did the only thing he could think of: he moved up to her and sat carefully down on the (surprisingly comfortable) armrest, tentatively beginning to stroke her unkempt, sandy-blonde hair.

She let him do it. After a while, she calmed down, her sobs fading away and leaving only the occasional sniffle behind.

"I'm sorry?" he repeated. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings... you've always been so, so above it all, like you don't care what other people think of you... I kind of admire that, actually... But look, this isn't what we came here to talk about," he continued, trying to change the subject. "I've seen you with, you know, Claire Savelle, and you never smile anymore. I haven't heard you laugh since -- I don't know when. I'm just worried about you."

She lifted a tear-streaked face to look at him. "You're... worried about me?" she finally said, her voice slightly cracked from all the crying.

"Yeah."

"Nobody's ever worried about me."

"Well, I am."

Luna wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "That's very nice of you," she said.

Neville felt an odd sensation as she said that, a mix between pleasure and shame. It was the second time she had called him "nice," and it did feel... good to hear her say it, even if he was pretty sure he hadn't deserved it. "We're friends, aren't we?" he said, trying to smile. "Of course I worry about you... and I don't think that that Claire Savelle is good for you."

She sighed heavily. "No, I suppose she isn't," she said.

"So why do you even do as she says? Or let her punish you when you disobey? Or let her call you a naughty slut?"

Luna shrugged. "It just sort of... happened, to tell you the truth," she said. "Do you remember how I warned you about an outbreak of Wrackspurts a few weeks ago?"

"Er... no," Neville admitted. "But, but I tend to forget things."

"Oh." She sounded a little disappointed. "Well, you see, I thought there must be an outbreak of Wrackspurts because my mind went all strange when I was close to Claire."

"...Strange?"

She nodded. "The way she touches me... Every time I see her, I just want it. I want her to grab me and touch me and make me feel all nice. If it takes a few days and she doesn't, my entire body just sort of aches for it, and I can't sleep properly at night, and I try to masturbate to make up for it, but that's just not the same..." she frowned, looking thoughtful. "I wonder why not? I don't think I do anything differently. What do you think?"

Neville was utterly lost. If anyone had told him that morning that he would be discussing masturbation techniques with Luna Lovegood today, he wouldn't have believed a word of it. He wasn't even certain he believed it now. "I really don't know..." he murmured. "M-maybe it's not Wrackspurts, maybe it's... a spell of some sort. Or a love potion? If you feel infatuated with her?"

"Oh no," Luna shook her head. "It can't be that, because I'm not in love with Claire at all, you know. I don't even like her all that much." She paused. "My body likes her though, especially my cunt. My cunt likes her a lot. That's the problem, really."

"Er, Luna... could you please not swear so much?" Neville pleaded. "I know we're alone, but..."

"You don't want me to say 'cunt'? Claire likes me to say it, but all right, if it makes you uncomfortable, I won't say it. Can I say 'pussy,' then? Or --"

"Never mind," said Neville hurriedly, finding to his surprise that he wasn't blushing anymore -- it seemed like after talking with Luna about such things for a while, and making her cry, and comforting her, you just got used to it all. "How -- how did you happen to get into that, anyway?" he asked.

"I'll tell you about it, if you want," Luna offered. "Only --" she paused, casting a glance at him. "Would you mind stroking my hair a bit more? I rather liked that."

Wordlessly, he lifted his hand and ran it through her dirty-blonde hair. She closed her eyes and began talking.




---------------------------------- --------------------------------------





It was on a Friday, shortly after the first Potions lessons of the year.

Luna hadn't quite known what to make of the new Potions teacher, Horace Slughorn, but he hadn't taken a single point off Ravenclaw for anything she had said all class, and he hadn't referred to any of the students as "dunderheads," so that definitely counted in his favour.

At dinner, she had been eating in silence, thinking about the new Professor and whether it would be worth asking him if powdered Snorkack horn had any use in any potion, or if he would just get mad at her for being "cheeky" and asking "moronic questions" like Professor Snape always did. She had been so absorbed in her thoughts that she hardly noticed it when the wand she had put behind her ear for safekeeping was suddenly yanked away from her.

She was vaguely aware that it wasn't there anymore, but she had to finish her thought before she could check. And just as she lifted her hand to see if the wand was really gone or if it was just her mind playing tricks on her, someone shoved something else behind her ear. It was vaguely wand-shaped, she supposed, but thicker, and... pointier?

Curiously, she took it in her hand and held it up to see a large carrot.

She blinked, for a moment wondering if this was the work of some rogue Nargles or some similar invisible beast that was protesting the Ministry laws that said that only humans were allowed to carry wands... but then she saw seventh-year Claire Savelle sitting right next to her, holding the wand up tauntingly.

"Constant vigilance, Loony!" she said, imitating the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher from two years ago.

Oh, Luna thought, it's just another of their pranks. She had been the victim of far too many Ravenclaw pranks to count, and was more or less used to them by now -- having long since accepted the idea that she was an outsider in her own House, the one that everyone could pick on with no fear of retribution. This was the first time any of these pranks had come from Claire Savelle, though -- Claire was two years older than Luna and one of those bookish, hardworking Ravenclaws who normally considered it to be far below her dignity to even notice people like Luna.

But whatever had got into Claire's head now, Luna really didn't want to be parted from her wand. "May I have my wand back, please?" she said, holding out her carrot in case the older girl was willing to accept a trade.

"I don't know..." Claire toyed with the wand. "Maybe I should just let you keep the carrot."

"But I really do need my wand," said Luna. "I can't cast any spells with a carrot, you know. I've tried before, but carrots are too unmagical."

"Oh, but this is a special carrot! It's a Crumple-Horned Snorcarrot! You can power it up by keeping it behind your ear!"

The students close enough to hear the conversation laughed just as much at Luna's plea as Claire's comeback, but Luna ignored them. "I don't think that's true," she said.

"It's a miracle!" said Michael Corner, who was sitting close by and waving his fork around dramatically. "Loony Lovegood doesn't think something is true! Call the Daily Prophet! "

"Call The Quibbler, " snickered Michael's classmate, Stephen Cornfoot. "They're the only ones who would print such an insane story!"

"May I have my wand back, please?" Luna repeated, looking at Claire.

"Oh, but then you'll have both the wand and the Snorcarrot, and then you'll be so powerful that I'll be too afraid of you," said Claire, shaking in mock-fear.

"I promise I won't hex you," said Luna, hoping that this would get the older girl to change her mind.

"Oh, you promise?" said Claire, clearly enjoying the attention she was getting from the other Ravenclaws around her; they were watching the "show" with amused expressions, none of them looking like they'd be willing to lift a finger to aid the outsider "Loony Lovegood."

"I promise," said Luna. "May I have it back, please?"

"All right, here you are," said Claire, holding the wand out to Luna, only to yank it away when the younger girl made a grab for it.

"I'm just joking," she said amidst the laughter of the other students and held the wand out again. "Here." And once again, to more laughter from the Ravenclaws, she yanked it away just as Luna made a move to take it.

"Is there a problem here?" came a sudden strict voice from behind.

Luna turned to see Professor McGonagall stand there with her usual stern expression. The other students stopped laughing at once and suddenly became extremely interested in their dinner plates. Professor McGonagall was not one to cross.

"Oh... no, Professor," said Claire, hurriedly shoving the wand into Luna's hand. "No problem at all!"

"In that case, may I remind you that this is a dinner table and not an amusement show," said McGonagall. "Five points from Ravenclaw, and if you lot can't behave yourself in a way becoming of Hogwarts students for the future, I will take five more. Is that clear?"

Various murmurs of "yes, Professor" followed, and Luna took the opportunity to put the wand in her robe pocket, feeling that it might not be such a good idea to keep it behind her ear right now. After a moment's pause, she pocketed the carrot as well.

"Well," said Claire as McGonagall walked back to the High Table, "that seems to conclude our dinner entertainment." She lowered her voice and leant towards Luna with a slightly unsettling grin. "We'll just have to make up for it with some entertainment before bedtime, won't we? When there are no teachers around to spoil our fun?"

Luna wasn't at all sure that she liked the sound of that, despite the suddenly friendly tone and promises of fun.

For a while, after dinner was over, she wondered if she should tell one of the teachers about this, but she was fairly certain that Claire's idea of fun would be "unbecoming of a Hogwarts student," and cost the House five more points if the teachers found out. And then it would be Luna's fault.

It wasn't that she was particularly afraid. The other Ravenclaws' pranks and ideas of "entertainment" were generally harmless enough, which was why she tolerated them. Let the others have their fun, if they want, it doesn't matter anyway. Still, she didn't really feel like being a prank victim today, and would rather avoid it if she had a choice.

So, some hours later, after supper when all students were to return to their respective common rooms and spend the remaining hours before bed there, Luna made sure to linger behind the others as they exited the Great Hall, and then quickly and discreetly head another way as the others went up the stairs to the dormitories. Hogwarts was a large castle and had many rooms, so it was easy to find an unguarded room to stay in for a little while. Luna chose an empty classroom on the ground floor, one that by the look of it hadn't been in use for years, and crawled under the teacher's desk to hide.

If she stayed here long enough, maybe she would be lucky and find that everyone had gone to bed when she returned to the common room, and so she wouldn't have to endure whatever plans Claire had had for her -- at least not today. True, it was Friday, and nobody had to get up early the next day, but even Claire had to go to bed sometime, right?

She must have fallen asleep there under the desk, because the next thing she knew it was dark around her, her muscles ached from lying on a hard floor for so long, and her mind swirled the way it always did when she woke up after a dream she couldn't remember. She also felt a pressing need to go to the bathroom.

Not quite sure what time it was, but not quite awake enough to care, she got up and stumbled out of the classroom. The corridor outside was dark and silent, quite unlike the bright and busy place it was during the daytime, and the pale moonlight shining in through the window on the far end gave Luna's sleepy mind the rather interesting feeling of walking through a silvery dreamscape.

It was very pretty. A little eerie, but pretty; an effect that was further aided by the two silverly-white figures that came towards her, gliding soundlessly through the air.

In the midst of a yawn, Luna recognized the Grey Lady and the Fat Friar, the House ghosts for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

"Well, what have we here?" said the Friar, obviously trying to sound stern (and failing miserably). "A student? You're supposed to be in bed by this time, aren't you? It's long past midnight, young lady!"

"I'm looking for a bathroom," Luna murmured sleepily.

"Oh, it's Luna Lovegood," said the Grey Lady in a whisper. "She's in my House." Luna felt a curious chill as the ghostly hand tried to stroke her cheek and went right through it instead. "She's sleepwalking again, the poor girl. She used to do it a lot when she was younger."

Sleepwalking... Luna vaguely remembered having done that when she was in her first and second years, something which had certainly added to her reputation of being odd. She had grown out of it by her third year, though, and ever since then she'd slept quite soundly at night.

"Oh, dear," said the Friar. "Should we wake her?"

"You never wake a sleepwalker," the Lady scolded.

"I'm awake, you know," Luna informed them. It wouldn't do at all to lie to the two ghosts; Luna had always prided herself on being an honest person. "I just want the bathroom... But it seems to have vanished..." She could have sworn there was a bathroom in this corridor, but she couldn't see it anywhere.

"Of course, my dear," said the Friar with a smile. "Why don't we escort you back to your common room? Mr. Filch will probably be making his rounds in a short while, and he won't be pleased to find students wandering around here on the ground floor at this time. Even if they are sleepwalking."

"Bathroom," Luna insisted, blinking sleepily and trying to figure out why they still thought she was sleepwalking.

"We'd better let her go to the bathroom," the Lady murmured, "or she'll just try to pee in one of the armours or something."

Luna gave up trying to explain anything, and let the ghosts lead her towards the bathroom -- and she found it very considerate that the Friar stayed outside while the Lady came in with her to make sure she actually got to the toilet -- and then up to the Ravenclaw common room.

Climbing all the staircases up to the sixth floor cleared Luna's mind up a bit; it was impossible to stay sleepy in a Hogwarts staircase with all its oddities and quirks. She was feeling quite awake as she climbed the tightly winding spiral staircase from the fifth floor and came to stand in front of the eagle-shaped bronze knocker that signalled the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room.

After assuring the two ghosts that she was perfectly awake now, thank you, and that they didn't need to stick around to help her find the answer to the question that the eagle would ask before letting her in, she reached out and knocked once.

The eagle opened its beak and said, in its usual musical voice (though there was more than a hint of drowsiness there as well, as if Luna had woken it up): "What is the sweetest thing of all?"

Luna thought for a moment, but the answer was fairly obvious from the circumstances. "I think it's sleep," she said. "Because sleep brings relief from all pain and concerns."

"Good enough," said the eagle sleepily, and the door swung open, revealing the midnight-blueness of the Ravenclaw common room.

The room was as silent as the rest of the castle, although nowhere near as dark: the moon shone through the gracefully-arched windows, mixing its light with that of the painted stars on the ceiling, and even the marble statue of Rowena Ravenclaw seemed to glow white, there she stood on her niche in the wall, her beautiful, yet stern face staring blindly at Luna as she entered.

Everyone must have gone to bed, Luna thought with some relief. Often on Friday nights, students stayed up to talk (or read) half the night, but luckily for her, that hadn't been the case tonight. Well, her plan had worked, then... she smiled and moved towards the staircase that led to her dormitory.

"Hello, Loony."

She started. For a fleeting second, she thought the words must have come from Rowena Ravenclaw, and wondered where the statue had learned to talk and why her House founder would use the "Loony" nickname, but then she realized that the voice had come from behind her.

Sitting in one of the comfiest chairs, in her nightgown and with a woolen blanket draped over her, was Claire Savelle.

"I thought you'd show up if I just waited long enough," she said.

"Oh," said Luna. There wasn't much else to say, after all -- her plan hadn't worked, even though she had, she thought, pulled it off quite well. It was rather a pity, but couldn't be helped, and now there was nothing left to do but resign herself to whatever the older girl had in store for her.

"We missed you terribly after supper," Claire continued. "It's not nice to run away from your House-mates like that! Didn't your Mummy ever teach you that before she went and blew herself to bits?"

Luna shook her head, not bothering to point out that her mother hadn't been blown to bits at all -- her body had still been in one piece, after all, when that failed experiment killed her -- because she was fairly certain Claire was just putting it that way to be hurtful.

"No, I suppose not." Claire raised herself from the chair. The blanket slid off her and fell to the floor. "You're really something, you know that?" she added, stepping over the blanket and closer to Luna. "Anyone else who had just heard their mother's death mocked like that, they'd get upset. Angry. You, on the other hand, don't even react. Anyone would think that you didn't even love your mother."

Luna tuned her out, like she always did when conversations didn't interest her. Words were just words, after all; it wasn't as though her mother would become any more or less dead because of them. Even though not a day went by without Luna thinking about and missing her mother, sometimes even crying a little over her, she had never taken any of her fellow student's words about her to heart. They hadn't known her mother, so they didn't know what they were talking about.

So she ignored Claire and instead lifted her head to look at her namesake, the moon, through the window; a serene and beautiful waning crescent in the sky. She had always loved the moon, in all its phases, even though many people didn't seem to bother with it when it wasn't full -- because that was traditionally thought of to be its most "magical" phase. Luna wasn't at all sure she agreed; on nights like this, when more than half of the moon lay in darkness, there was a certain mystery over it that probably held a lot of secret magic.

She'd have to ask Professor Flitwick about that sometime.

Claire was right beside her now. Luna could tell, because she suddenly felt a hand on her chin, forcing her head to turn, away from the moon and slightly downwards to look directly into the girl's face.

"And not even that got a reaction," said Claire, studying Luna quite intensely, possibly looking for some trace of anger or grief. "You are a challenge, Lovegood." She grinned, and her voice dropped to a whisper. "Want to know a secret? That's the main reason why we treat you the way we do. It's become somewhat of a game to some of us, really: Who can actually get a rise out of Loony Lovegood... No real Ravenclaw can resist that sort of mental challenge. And of course, there's the fact that you're bloody annoying..."

Luna tuned her out again, instead concentrating on looking into her eyes. She almost thought she could see the moonlight reflected in Claire's dark eyes, giving the girl a vaguely inhuman but strangely enchanting look... This was what they meant when they talked about "hypnotic eyes," Luna thought.

Claire's voice sounded again, from somewhere far away or at least somewhere below those eyes. It was really quite pleasant to listen to when you just ignored what it was saying... The air seemed loaded with a kind of energy that somehow excited, relaxed and frightened Luna at the same time. She felt like shivering and yawning at the same time.

"I said," came Claire's voice, a little louder, "are you afraid?"

"Afraid?" said another voice that Luna suspected was her own. "No."

"Good." And then, Claire grabbed her and kissed her.

The energy in the air around them exploded, or so it seemed to Luna, and she stiffened as Claire's tongue entered her mouth, which wasn't at all a proper place for anyone's tongue to be but Luna's own... but Claire was holding her in a firm grasp and pulling away didn't seem to be an option.

A strange feeling was growing within her. Her heart pounded wildly, her skin felt like it would burn up, and the world was spinning around her and making her dizzy. Her stomach fluttered like a butterfly, and her knees were turning soft and rubbery. As Claire finally released her, she stumbled back, breathing heavily and steadying herself against a nearby table to avoid falling down.

"You're not going to scream," Claire whispered, from somewhere far away, "and you're not going to try to run away. You're just going to stay here and let us both have our little entertainment. "

Luna's body agreed. It was as if the kiss had attuned it to Claire's voice, and it had for some reason decided to obey Claire and not Luna. So as the older girl reached out and pulled her towards her again, Luna found herself quite incapable of resisting.

"Just to make sure, though..." Claire held Luna tightly as she began searching her robe pockets.

She's hypnotized me, Luna thought, arms hanging limply to her side as she let Claire do whatever she wanted. She must have used her eyes to hypnotize me somehow, and that's why I feel so strange. She had never been hypnotized before, and she supposed it was an interesting enough, if somewhat overwhelming, sensation.

There was always a number of things in Luna's pockets, but Claire only seemed interested in one thing. With a triumphant grin, she pulled out Luna's wand. "You wouldn't let me have it at dinner, so I'm confiscating it until afterwards. Oh, and what's this?" she added, pulling out another item with an amused chuckle. "You kept the carrot as well, did you? Well, let's just take that too..."

Luna didn't really care about the carrot, but the wand was different. She needed that. "May I have my --" she began, struggling to make her voice audible.

"You're not allowed to ask questions," Claire interrupted, bopping Luna lightly on the nose with the carrot, causing her stomach to do a sort of backflip and release all kinds of tingly sensations all over her body.

"Oh," Luna gasped, mostly because it was the only thing that came to mind.

"But if you really want the carrot back, then here." Claire shoved it, pointy end first, into Luna's half-open mouth. "You can suck on it for a while, so you're not tempted to ask more questions."

"Mmm," said Luna around the carrot, not quite sure why she didn't just spit it out.

"Shush now," said Claire. She held Luna's wand up in front of her face, swinging it mockingly around a few times before pointing it straight at her and adding, in a lazy voice: "Evanesco!"

For a moment, Luna expected herself to vanish. For another moment, she thought she had vanished, only to reappear in an exact duplicate of the scene she had vanished from. But then, she realized that the spell hadn't been aimed at her, but at her robes -- Luna was now, quite
plainly, standing there in her underclothes.

Claire grinned. "Purple underclothes, Loony? Purple undershirt, purple stockings... and purple knickers too? Tell me, is your bra purple as well?"

Luna nodded vaguely, still with the carrot in her mouth; she had been feeling in a purple mood when getting dressed that day, so she had decided to wear only purple underneath the black school robes.

"I'm doing you a favour then," said Claire. "Purple is really not your colour. Evanesco!"

Luna's undershirt went the same way as her robes. She could tell by the way her Butterbeer cork necklace suddenly rested directly against her skin. She was down to her bra, knickers, and the "home-knitted" (or so the shop-keeper had assured her) woollen stockings she had bought in a Muggle shop in Sweden.

She wanted to leave. She wanted to remove the carrot from her mouth, take her wand back and go up to her dormitory. But she stood motionless, still sucking on the carrot, waiting for Claire's next move.

"I really should be getting rid of that necklace and those earrings as well," Claire purred, leaning closer to Luna. "Or maybe those dreadful stockings. You'd thank me for it, if you had one whit of common sense. But, you know, I think we'll leave those on for now. Evanesco!"

There went the bra, and Luna's bare breasts peeked out at Claire, as if they were surprised to see her.

Strangely enough, she seemed to be getting hotter, not colder, for each layer of clothing removed. If this continued, she would catch on fire by the time Claire got around to removing her knickers.

Wordlessly, Claire reached out and cupped the left breast in her hand, and small flashes of lightning shoot through Luna's body, making her gasp in surprise and almost drop the carrot.

"I am getting a rise out of you, aren't I?" said the older girl in a satisfied voice. "Let's find out how much." She trailed her hand down Luna's stomach and past, sneaking it down her knickers... down to that most secret of places, the place where nobody else had never touched Luna
before, where nobody should ever touch her...

Luna was certain she had caught on fire by now. Different emotions, quite a few of which she didn't quite understand, struggled within her; loud and demanding and hot like molten lava. It wasn't completely unlike that first time she herself had, quite by accident and while bathing, discovered how nice it felt to touch herself down there... but it felt much stronger, much more overwhelming.

A finger was entering her... She heaved for her breath and bit right through the carrot, the bigger part of it falling to the floor. Her heart thundered in her chest, so loudly she couldn't believe all of Hogwarts, or at least all of Ravenclaw, didn't hear it.

Claire shook her head sternly, pulling her hand back. "Didn't I tell you to keep that in your mouth?" she scolded, but her eyes were teasing, not angry. "Ooh, but I can see why you did it. You're hornier than a bunny rabbit, girl! You're going to drench your knickers if you keep them on -- Evanesco!"

The knickers were gone. Luna was completely bared for Claire to see, and touch, and fondle, and Luna was so hot, and her stomach so tingly, and Claire's hands were so nice, and so naughty, as they began exploring her...

Someway along the line she must have swallowed the piece of carrot in her mouth, because her mouth was quite empty when Claire kissed her again, and she stopped thinking and just did what her body told her to do, as she was dragged gently down on the floor.

Her breathing sounded like a little child's, and her mind was filled with nothing but things that were soft and warm and wet.




-------------------------------------- ----------------------------------





When she woke up again, the room around her was much brighter, the pale light of a sunny Autumn morning shining in through the windows and giving everything a cool, yet fresh glow. Luna looked at the room for about a second, noting that it was rather pretty, before yawning and curling up under the blanket to go back to sleep.

But then, the voice that had woken her up spoke again; a rather shocked and angry voice: "Luna Lovegood!"

Oh, that was her name. It was only polite to stay awake, then. She opened her eyes again, and this time, after turning her head a little, she found herself looking directly at a rather red-faced Cho Chang, who was standing over her.

"Luna, what are you doing?!" the seventh-year demanded.

"Until just now, I was sleeping," Luna yawned. "Is it time to get up?"

Cho seemed lost for words for a moment. Then, she sputtered: "Will you go up to your dormitory and put some clothes on immediately! You can't sleep naked in the common room!"

Naked? Common room? Oh....

Luna suddenly realized where she was; not in her own bed at all, but curled up in a chair in the Ravenclaw common room, underneath a woolen blanket... or rather, at least halfway underneath a woolen blanket, because it wasn't big enough to cover all of her. Well, that explained the vaguely uncomfortable sleeping position, then... and the sensation of air on her breasts. Not to mention the fact that aside from the blanket, she was wearing nothing apart from her Butterbeer cork necklace.

"You're just lucky I was the first one down here this morning!" Cho hissed. "Imagine if any of the boys had come down here and seen you sleep here starkers!"

"I suppose that would have been a little inconvenient," Luna agreed.

"A little...! What were you thinking, coming down here in the nude, anyw -- No, on second thought, I don't want to know," said Cho. "God, Luna! I know you're a loon, but there has to be limits, even for you!"

It wasn't often Cho Chang got that angry, so Luna decided not to answer anymore, but instead do as she was told. She got up from the chair and wrapped the blanket around herself before Cho ushered her up the stairs to her dormitory.

The other girls she shared a room with were all still asleep, so it had to be earlier than she'd originally thought. As Luna made her way to her own bed, she thought mournfully about her Vanished clothes, especially her robe. It had been her best one, and had had all sorts of interesting things in its pockets. And she had spent ages perfecting her Colour-Changing Charm to get that bra to be the exact purple colour she'd wanted, as well.

Speaking of Charms -- well, thinking about Charms -- she hadn't got her wand back either. She'd have to ask Claire if...

She stopped, dead in her tracks, as memories of last night flooded her brain, and it finally sank in just what she had done.

Oh. Well, this was an interesting situation.

She'd had sex for the first time in her life. And it had been with a girl. On the floor in the Ravenclaw common room.

Somehow, that wasn't at all how she'd imagined her first time. ...Well, if she was to be completely honest with herself (and she always had prided herself on being an honest person), she had wondered about having sex with a girl a few times, even occasionally fantasized about other girls... but it certainly hadn't been Claire she'd had in mind. And definitely not on the common room floor.

Still, it had made for a memorable first time, if nothing else. And Claire had known what she was doing, hadn't she...? Luna's body tingled slightly at the memory of the other girl's hands and tongue...

The main question was what would happen now. Did this mean that Luna and Claire were girlfriends, and if they were, would Luna be expected to be open about it or keep silent? A lot of people didn't like the idea of relationships, or sex, between two girls. Or between two boys, for that matter, but since neither Luna nor Claire was a boy, that part didn't really concern them all that much...

Hmm.

The curtains were closed around her bed, which was odd, because she couldn't remember ever closing them when she left. Wondering is this meant that someone else was sleeping in her bed, she slid the curtains slightly aside and discovered that she was right.

There was Claire, snuggled up between the bedcovers and sleeping soundly.

Luna hesitated. For a short moment, and without quite knowing why, she felt shy -- an emotion almost completely strange to her under normal circumstances. But then, she remembered that Claire still had her wand, and the desire for her wand back was strong enough to override the shyness. She climbed into the bed and edged up to Claire, nudging her.

"Wake up," she whispered.

Claire muttered something Luna couldn't quite understand and rolled over on her side.

"Claire, can you wake up?" Luna whispered.

Slowly, Claire opened her eyes and yawned. "Close the curtains," she murmured.

"May I have my wand back, please?"

"Close the curtains, Loony."

"I don't mean to nag, you know, but you did say I could have it back after we'd --"

"Close the fucking curtains or I'll snap your fucking wand in two!" Claire hissed.

"Oh." Luna blinked. "Well, then I'd rather close the curtains, I think."

"Good."

A little awkwardly, and very confused, Luna turned around and did as Claire had demanded. When she turned around again, the older girl had sat up, the covers having slid off to reveal that she was just as naked as Luna was, and completely unselfconscious about it.

"Much better," she grinned. "Now we have some privacy, at last. Don't worry about anyone hearing us; I cast a Silencing Charm on the curtains before I went to sleep last night. No sound will emerge beyond the curtains... no matter how loud you scream."

"Scream?" said Luna, blinking.

"Oh, don't try to pretend. You come in here, climbing into my bed, naked as a jaybird... Except for that silly necklace of yours, that is... and you want to convince me that you don't have anything absolutely filthy in mind?"

"But... this is my bed! I didn't even know you were here! And the reason I'm naked is because you Vanished my clothes last night and -- mmmmf!" Luna hadn't intended to end the sentence that way, but it was hard to say anything else when Claire pulled her down and kissed her.

It was as though something exploded inside her, and all of a sudden, the slight tingle in her body turned into what felt like a small thunderstorm -- a thunderstorm that wanted Luna to re-experience last night, right away. It was all she could do to not let it carry her away completely, and she heaved for her breath as Claire broke the kiss and pushed her down on her back.

"What did I say about trying to pretend?" Claire smiled wickedly as her hands began exploring Luna again, egging the thunderstorm on. "Your cunt is more honest than you, Loony! Look -- soaking wet already!"

"Ngh," said Luna, because that seemed to be the only response. 'Cunt' wasn't her favourite word, anyway -- it sounded naughty and vulgar and not at all a fitting term for what was between her legs. 'Pussy' was better, but put her in mind of cats.

Claire laughed. It wasn't a nice laugh. "Last night was your first time, wasn't it? No, don't bother to answer that, I can tell it was. It's almost cute, really, how you could transform so quickly from a prissy little virgin to a naughty little slut."

"I -- I don't -- I don't think I did -- Ah!" said Luna.

"Naughty little slut, Loony. Say it."

"Ngh!"

"I want you to really test the Silencing Charm. I want you to scream it out."

"I just wanted my wand back!" Luna whimpered, truthful to the end.

"Oh, but you want this too, don't you?"

"Mmmm!"

"And this? You want that?"

"Nnnn.... yes!" Luna gasped.

"Good. Then I'm going to give you your wand back straight away." The hands vanished, to Luna's disappointment, and she whimpered again in protest and frustration.

Ten seconds later, Claire was back in sight, holding Luna's wand up over her face. "I'd planned on doing this with that carrot last night, but since you bit it in two, it was rather useless for that," she said conversationally, her wand-free hand kneading Luna's breast. "But it doesn't really matter."

"What are you going to do?"

"Give you your wand, of course," said Claire with an evil grin. "Did you know it's possible to make it... vibrate?!"

And in the end, though it did take some time, Luna did scream. And called it a cunt. And agreed with Claire that yes, she was indeed a naughty little slut.




------------------------------------- -----------------------------------





Afterw ards, she spent some time in the hospital wing, and Madam Pomfrey was not at all amused with her.

"I know you're at a time in your life when hormones are raging," she said in a stern voice as she handed the now-cleaned wand back to Luna, "and I know you probably weren't thinking properly at the time. But your wand is not meant to be used for that purpose! It could have been dangerous!"

"I didn't mean for it to get stuck," said Luna, clutching it in her hand and marvelling at the pretty sparks that shot out of its tip. Well, it might be true that it could have been dangerous to have such sparks inside her. Who knew what might have happened then?

"Of course you didn't," sighed Madam Pomfrey. "Nobody ever does. Nobody ever thinks that it can accidentally go off and cause some embarrassing spell damages either, but it can, and on several occasions, it has. They never seem to cover that topic on their 'wand-safety' lectures, though, so I'll just tell you what I tell all the other girls who get over-exited: Don't go putting things in there that you can't get out again. And especially not your wand."

"I won't," Luna promised. All in all, the situation could have been much worse. Madam Pomfrey hadn't even asked any questions, and had treated the problem with her customary discretion, so the issue with Claire had never come up. Not that Luna was ashamed, really, it was just... it was too hard to explain. "How do I know what I can stick in there that's sure to come out again, though?" she asked curiously.

"If you're not sure, my girl, don't stick anything in there," Madam Pomfrey answered. "Let's just hope you're the last patient that I have to treat this year for that particular problem."

Luna nodded. She stayed in the hospital wing for another hour -- not because she had to, but because it was really a nice place to visit -- and then made her way to the Great Hall just in time for lunch. Once again with her and behind her ear.

Luckily, nobody tried taking the wand again, although Claire did laugh and ask whether she'd made sure to clean it properly.




--------------------------------- ---------------------------------------





Ne ville felt slightly sickened, both with Claire's actions and with himself for deep down finding them a little more fascinating than he perhaps should. "Luna..." he said. "You really didn't have to go into such detail."

She opened her eyes. She'd had them closed all through her story, which combined with her dreamy-sounding voice had given the impression that she was talking in her sleep. "I didn't go into detail at all, really," she said mildly. "For example, I didn't mention how Claire used her tongue to --"

"Never mind!" Neville blustered out.

"I thought you wanted to know the entire story," she said.

"Yes, but... well... never mind," he repeated.

"It was really only the start, you know," she continued. "On Sunday morning, just after breakfast, she got me up to her dormitory and stripped me naked before I could say or do anything, and suddenly I had been seduced for the third time in as many days in a row. You'd think I'd get tired of it, wouldn't you? But I didn't. Every time she grabbed me, I wanted her..."

Neville bit his lip. It hurt, but it did have the effect he was hoping for; it stopped his mind from going totally inappropriate places and was far less obvious than a slap to the face. "Didn't you ever worry that someone would notice?" he said.

"Someone did notice, didn't they?" said Luna, looking at him. "You noticed."

"That was... an accident," he muttered. "I... I happened to, er, see you...kissing!"

"Oh. I thought you might have walked in on us fucking or something," said Luna calmly. "She occasionally told me to meet her in secluded places of the school, and then we fucked... you don't like the word 'fuck' either?" she added, looking at him. "Your face has gone rather red again."

"Never mind about my face," said Neville. "Look, if I said I-- If I said I might have, completely accidentally, seen you f-fuck, I mean, seen you have sex with her as well..."

Luna nodded. "I'm glad it was you and not for example Professor Snape," she said. "He would have seen us expelled for it. Sexual relationships between students aren't allowed at Hogwarts, you know."

"I know." Neville swallowed. "But if you know it's illegal as well, why do you keep doing it?"

"Because she told me to."

That did it for Neville. "Luna," he said. "I'm sure this isn't, isn't, normal!"

"No, I imagine that most girls would rather fuck boys," said Luna. "I wouldn't know, of course, I haven't tried that, but I have thought about --"

"I didn't mean that...! What I mean is that it's not normal to be so, er, completely addicted to someone that you agree to everything they say...""I wouldn't know that either," said Luna. "It's not just the sex, you know. She sometimes tells me to do other things as well, and tells me that I won't get any before I have done them. Run around the castle while being naked underneath my robe, stand perfectly still on one spot for two hours, or give up my bed for the night so she could snog Marietta Edgecombe in it, or start singing a certain song every time she snapped her fingers in front of other Ravenclaws, or... a lot of things, really."

"And you agreed to it all... because she told you to."

"Yes."

"You're definitely under some kind of curse, Luna! Something is making you agree to everything Claire tells you to, and that's... that's just horrible! Nobody should put anyone under that kind of magic!"

"You don't think I'm just addicted to her, then?"

"It's definitely a curse. Or a jinx. Or, or, something. You should go see Madam Pomfrey about it... I'll bet that she can easily find out what it is!"

To his surprise, Luna pouted. "But I would miss all the sex."

"Couldn't you --" Neville searched for the words. "Couldn't you get another girlfriend? Or boyfriend? Er, I mean, you do really like girls that way, don't you? It's not just Claire, I mean? You really do... you know... get attracted to girls?"

"Well... I think I do," said Luna. "I know I fantasized about Ginny once while masturbating. Does that count?"

"Yes!" said Neville, not at all sure it really did, but determined to say whatever it took for Luna to agree to get Madam Pomfrey to examine her.

"But Ginny doesn't want me," said Luna. "She has Dean Thomas. And she's still in love with Harry, too. And I don't think I really want her, either. She's very nice, and very pretty, and I liked thinking about her that one time, but I'm not in love with her either..."

"It doesn't have to be her! It can be anyone!"

"But nobody wants me." There was no sadness in Luna's voice as she said this; it was a statement of fact. "I didn't even have any friends before my fourth year. Not that I really minded, you know, but it was much nicer with the DA and all that. If I can't get anyone to be my friend, I can't get anyone to be my girlfriend either. That should be obvious."

Neville tried to smile. "I'm your friend."

Luna smiled as well, doing a much better job of it. "Yes... You are. And I'm glad you're my friend. But... you're wrong, you know."

"I'm wrong about what?" said Neville, confused. "About you being under a spell?"

"No, that I don't care what other people think of me," said Luna, as if this should be obvious. "I do care what my friends think." Her smile vanished, and she looked solemn. "And if you really think I should go see Madam Pomfrey, I will."

"Thank you," said Neville, relieved.

Luna's smile returned. "You don't have to say thank you. Anything for a friend."




---------------------------------- --------------------------------------




Autho r's notes: So, is Neville right -- did Claire hex Luna? The answer to that will be revealed in the next chapter.

I'm aware that I'm not painting the Ravenclaws in a very sympathetic light here, but keep in mind that they're presented from Luna's point of view, and Luna is an outsider in her own House. There are probably plenty of perfectly decent Ravenclaws there who would be quite friendly to Luna if they got to know her. But Luna is an extremely odd person, and I imagine that to the brainy sort like most Ravenclaws seem to be, she must be extremely frustrating because she doesn't make any sense. Hermione, who could have been a Ravenclaw, has much the same attitude towards Luna in the beginning, after all -- at least in the beginning. So the Ravenclaws mainly leave the girl alone -- and the ones who don't are the bullies who pick on her.

The "wand" scene was suggested by my LJ-friend, Sarahcoldheart, who pointed out that considering that not all girls at Hogwarts have boyfriends, there must have been a few young witches who got the "bright" idea of using their wands in that way, over the years. Not everyone has heard Mad-Eye Moody's horror story of wizards losing their buttocks, after all.

Oh, and the 'pistachio nut, fudge, floorwax and brussel-sprout' combination is a sly reference to Animaniacs, where said combination is Wakko Warner's favourite type of ice cream.