Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ Opening a Mental Door ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fred and George put down their wands the moment Draco apparated with Hermione and stared at each other in shock.

"Blimey..." Both said at the same time. Harry looked over at them both, his body still tense with anger but his eyes looking dull from the overload of emotional shock. His wand fell as well. Ginny calmly went into the kitchen and put her plate away, still calmer and less shocked than the rest.

As for Ron, he was still glaring at the spot that Draco and Hermione had been, wand still pointed as though they would appear back at any moment. His face was red, nearly purple in rage and his body trembled with anger as his mouth filled with the bitter tang of jealousy. Ginny reappeared in the room and resumed her position on the couch.

"That went rather well, didn't it?" She said cheerfully.

They all turned slowly to look at her in stunned silence.

oooooooooo

Draco lifted Hermione in his arms bridal style the moment they arrived in the study of his manor. Without any protest he immediately left the room and carried up the three flights of stairs it took to get to his room. She sobbed all the while. As gently as he could he layed her down on his bed, muttering soft words of encouragement to get her to release the tight grip she had on his shoulders. the moment she did she rolled over on her side and curled up into a little ball.

He watched her for a few seconds before heaving a sigh. This day had not gone as planned at all. and judging by the extent of her grief over it, the next few hours were destined to against plan as well. His desperate need for human companionship had let to disaster. And yet Draco marveled at the fact that he still craved it. That he still craved another person to laugh with, hold hands with,and yes, kiss. And he admitted to himself that Hermione could easily be that person. e hadn't meant to kiss her earlier, but she was crying and he was frustrated and suddenly the only thing he could focus on was trying to make her feel better. He had meant to kiss away her tears. He had not meant for their lis to touch, or for that bolt of electricity he had felt moving through his veins to happen.

He hadn't expected to want, no, need her.

And that was a problem. Before she had seemed as though she would make a good friend, one who wouldn't turn around and stab him in the back. Now suddenly she was more than that.

If the word love was in his vocabulary, he could have sworn that he was falling in it.

And he didn't particularly care to try and stop his descent.

A small smile quirked the corner of his lips and he left the room. Tipsy gave him a small bow on the stairs and he nodded back, making his way into the library to scan the shelves for the one book guarenteed to put her in a better mood. Once he found it his mouth grew into a large grin. Quickly he flipped through it and took out an old letter, one addressed to him from his now deceased mother. Carefully he placed it another book, commiting the title to memory, and went upstairs.

She was still curled up into a ball, but she was no longer sobbing. Every once in a while another tear trickled out of the corner of her eyes and she would shiver, as though cold.

He placed the book next to the bed and removed his robes and shoes, being sure to leave on the rest of his clothing. Gently he scooted her over so that there was a little more room on the bed and layed down, turning to wrap himself around her back and pull her into his arms.

He closed his eyes, suddenly tired from the emotional shocks of the day.

oooooooooo

Images flashed in front of her eyes, bringing unknown feelings with them. A younger Harry chased after a blond boy on a broomstick, trying to get a small round object from him. Hermione knew it was a remembrall, but she wasn't sure how the knowledge came across her.

Images changed. Suddenly she was in a dark room full of cauldrons, a tall man with shoulder length black hair and a slightly hooked nose writing directions on the board. Then there was Harry being chased around by a dragon, Neville getting his foot stuck in the trick stair, an enchanted ceiling with snow falling down from it, a serious looking young man in robes that had the Durmstrang crest on it asking her to the Yule Ball, and various other events from her school life that involved loved ones.

And then she saw Malfoy, looking young and innocent, but so world weary at the time, sneering at her, calling her a mudblood while two large shapeless objects she was at loathe to call boys snickered next to him. She punched him in the nose.

Hermione woke up with a gasp, right before sixth year would have begun.

That....that...son of a bitch!!!! How dare he pretend to be her friend when in the past he had, he had.....

A groan sounded beside her and she looked down, only to see the very same face of the exact son of a bitch she had just finished giving a good whap in her dreams. Without any thought as to her actions she shoved him off of the bed.

"Wha..." He said groggily and obviously disoriented.

"You bastard!" She screeched at him. He immediately stood up and moved toward her, obviously intending to try and placate her. She scooted back, unconsciously getting tangled in the black blankets that his bed was composed of.

"You rotten, dirty, selfish prat!"

"Woah, hold on a second here! What did I do wrong?!?!!!" He said, panicking a little over the thought that he may have accidentaly groped her in her sleep or something. He hadn't meant to if he had.

"How dare you pretend innocence! All those years being such an ass to me, calling me a mudblood, insulting my hair, my intelligence, everything!!! How the hell are you better than me Malfoy?! Huh?!?!! At least my parents weren't death eaters, at least I was never a death eater!!! And I made top marks, you were always second to me!"

Draco's mind cleared and a metaphorical rainbow filled it. If he were any other person he would be dancing. Instead he grinned like a madman and proceeded to hop on the bed and tackle her, hugging her close. She kicked and screamed in protest, and threatened a number of horrible hexes upon hi, if he didn't let her go, but it all fell on deaf ears.

"You remember! You remember!" He said happily into her hair, sounding for all the world like a little boy who had just gotten a corvette for christmas. Or the latest broom model, as it were, seeing as Draco was never really that connected to the muggle world.

Hermione tensed up, deciding it would be easier to get rid of the rotten bastard if she stayed still and silent. He pulled back and gripped her shoulders.

"How much do you recall? Do you remember the war?"

"I remember Sirius dying thanks to your rotten father and that bastard Voldemort."

"And beyond that?"

"..."

His shoulders slumped.

"....Beyond that, Hermione?"

"Umm......"

"Damn it all!"

He moved off of her and started pacing. She glared at him coldly, wishing he would either turn into ice so she could smash him into pieces with a mallet, or that he would spontaneously combust into electric blue flames. Neither happened for some odd reason....

"I hate you." She said suddenly, and randomly. He stopped and looked over at her, eyebrows raising in shock.

"Well, it's obvious you remember me."

"...."

The pacing resumed. She watched him cross from one corner of the room to the other, her rage slowly dissapating. It was obvious he didn't have any diabolical plans regarding her....yet, but for all she knew this could be one big sham just to shame her and discard her. She quickly thought back to the events that had transpired between them the past few days to see if she could find any ulterior motives.

Unfortunately her face turned red and her thoughts stopped altogether when she remembered the kiss and her own wanton reaction to it. She began fidgeting awkwardly on his bed, hands fisting as her hips shifted uncomfortably, trying to relieve the sudden ache that had shown up between her legs. She looked everywhere but at him, which only led to him again stopping mid-pace to look over at her. A slow smirk spread across his face as he noticed her behavior.

"So.....I see that remembering a little of your past hasn't made you forget about our little....incident...." He said slowly, his voice dripping with numerous innuendo's. If possible she turned a little redder and looked down at the bedding. The she suddenly comprehended where she was exactly and her expression turned mortified.

"You....this is....we didn't....oh,god.....did we?" She stammered out uncomfortably.

His smirk grew into a smug grin.

"Indeed we did....sleep together that is. If that's what you were getting at..."

She paled.

"But....there is a difference between sleeping and sex, Hermione, and I assure you in our clothed state, that we only slept. Together. In my bed."

Draco wasn't sure why he was tormenting her with the reminder that it was indeed his bed. Maybe it was the way she turned red and squirmed....?

"And I must say that you look quite excellent there Hermione. I think I'll chain you there and keep you as a pet."

She bolted and went for the door.

oooooooooo

"Ginny, have you lost your mind?!?!?!?!!! That couldn't have gone worse!" Harry said, staring at his wife as though she had grown two heads.

"No,....because no one hexed anyone else, no one's dead, Hermione was getting snogged in a manner you haven't done to me since..."

"Please Ginny don't detail it." Fred, George, and Ron said at the same time but she ignored them.

"...that time when I was in seventh year and you went to Hogsmead when I owled you for that weekend and we rented a room from Madame Rosmerta. Do you remember Snape panicking in the hallway when he saw us undressing..."

"I'm gonna be ill." Ron said, looking as though it might me true. Harry was blushing in embarrassment as Fred and George pointed their wands at him.

"...each other? Anyways, they were doing that before I showed up, and then I managed to get a snack, which was probabaly Hermione's late lunch!" She finished with a satisfied grin.

Harry gave an apologetic smile before apparating, Fred and George following with the obvious intents of "maim and destroy" in mind. Ginny stood and stretched, then walked over to Ron and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Love ya, big bro." She said, then left him standing all alone in Hermione's apartment.

oooooooooo

Yeah..... That last bit was the worst explanation of how it was good afternoon EVER. Ginny gets sidetracked y things too easily. Like her and Harry startling Snape at the Hogshead. And as for Hermione, the reason she's so mad...well... Draco was mean to her at school. But if she hadn't woken up angry so soon she probably would have remembered everything. You know how sometimes you wake up about midway through a dream or something because you get scared or sad or angry or something, then never end up finishing it? That's what happened to Hermione.

Anyways, you know the drill. Read and review please! I really appreciate it!