Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Along Came A Potter ❯ Summer After Year Six ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Along Came A Potter

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Summary: Kira Madsen became Kira Potter on her 16th birthday. When she meets her brother and learns of her true heritage, will she be able to help his fight? And what will Harry have to say about the man she deems worthy of her love? Kira? HarryGin, RonHerm, Post HBP

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Disclaimer: Oh how I would love to own Harry Potter . . . but I’m not Jo so don’t turn me in!

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Authors Note: Well all here is the prologue of my new awesome story! I hope you all really enjoy it! I will greatly appreciate reviews.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx Xx

The Prologue: Summer After Year Six

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

It was nearing the end of the summer after Harry’s sixth year at Hogwarts. Many things had happened since the death of the beloved Dumbledore. The ministry had decided to keep Hogwarts open, they figured that it was one of the safest places for the children, so they should let them continue to go there if their parents wished them to. Snape was now in Azkaban, along with Lucius.

Professor Slughorn had been found murdered inside a muggle home in London with the dark mark above it, not even a month after school had let out. Harry seemed to believe that this was because Lord Voldemort had been looking for him for so long already that he must have found him and killed him. He had wondered briefly if Horace Slughorn had been important enough for Voldemort himself to kill.

Minerva McGonagall had been promoted to headmistress of Hogwarts, thought Harry wasn’t sure who had taken her old position. Three new teachers would be needed at the school, one for Potions, one for Defense Against the Dark Arts, and one to take over for Minerva in Transfigurations. Again, Harry had no idea who it would be, but he was sure that anyone would be better than Snape.

Also in the outside wizarding world, Mr. Olivander had returned to his store. There had been a large article about it in the Daily Prophet about how he had only went on vacation until the beginning of the new school year. It calmed many people’s fears that the aging man had been captured by death eaters.

On the day of Harry’s 17th birthday, he permanently moved into Percy’s old bedroom in the Weasley household, though he did find it hard to be around Ginny all the time. Molly practically demanded that the children, though love Dumbledore as they did, move on with their lives and try to find the best in every situation. She knew what it was like to live in this kind of absolute fear, and she didn’t want the children’s childhood to go away so quickly.

Ron was ecstatic that his parents had agreed to let Harry move into the burrow and away from the crazy relatives of his. Of course, then again, who wouldn’t be? Well the answer to that was, Ginny. True, Ginny was happy that Harry didn’t have to live with the Dursley’s anymore, but she hated, almost loathed, having to be around him everyday. Ginny still loved Harry with every fiber of her being, but he just didn’t understand that she didn’t care if them being together put her in danger. She thought that the danger would be worth just getting to love him and be loved by him. But what do boys know anyway?

Hermione had joined them about a week ago. She tried to keep Ginny occupied so that she wouldn’t have to be around Harry all the time, it seemed to work pretty well. Molly’s advice seemed to be working rather well, as the children didn’t generally mope about the house. They still tried to have fun, there were even occasional games of quidditch, and it almost seemed like life was going back to normal.

But only the future would tell if that would be so.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Authors Note: And there you have the prologue. I know it’s short, but it’s just the beginning. Chapters will get longer I promise! :D