Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3
 
Draco arrived with Snape without any kind of force and saw Potter waiting with McGonagall. Apparently they didn't trust him either to stay by himself until it was time to meet Lullia. McGonagall looked over at Draco and Snape and she sighed of relief. Harry glanced over to see Draco and Snape walking up to them. He looked nervous about meeting her.
 
“I'm so glad you decided to walk on your own Mr. Malfoy,” stated McGonagall. “Was the floor not suitable for you?”
 
“No Professor,” said Draco and they stopped by the gargoyle.
 
McGonagall nodded in approval, said the password, and pointed up the stairs. “Professor Dumbledore and Miss Marcus are waiting up there for you. I suggest you both be on your best behavior and try not to kill each other on the way up there.”
 
Harry nodded and started to climb the staircase. Draco, paused, looking up them then finally started to climb the stairs. Both teachers sighed of relief since they didn't have to force him up. Maybe this wasn't that big of a deal.
 
Harry arrived in the office first and saw once again Dumbledore sitting behind his desk. He was smiling and still drinking tea. Another chair had been added to the room. Dumbledore then glanced up from the chair and smiled at Harry.
 
“Ah Harry. Lullia Marcus will you please welcome Harry Potter,” he casually stated.
 
Lullia Marcus stood and turned to see Harry Potter. She softly smiled and said, “Hi again.”
 
Harry's mouth slightly opened at the sight of Lullia. This was Lullia Marcus? He couldn't believe that he had already met her without knowing. He hadn't even thought of asking for her name in the hallway.
 
Draco ran up the stairs and appeared in Dumbledore's office. He saw Lullia standing, with her soft smile, and saw Potter's open mouth. Draco frowned and elbowed him. Harry quickly closed his mouth and muttered a hello.
 
“Lullia Marcus this is Draco Malfoy as I'm sure you know,” stated Dumbledore.
 
“Hi Draco,” she said sweetly.
 
Draco said nothing as she looked him over then turned her gaze back on to Harry. He was still looking at her goofily. Draco glanced over at Potter and his frown deepened. Potter looked like a complete idiot.
 
“Please boys, sit down, sit down,” urged Dumbledore in his cool voice.
 
Draco sat the farthest away from Lullia while Harry quickly sat down next to Lullia. She gave him another sweet smile before sitting down herself. Draco glanced over at her seeing that she was still wearing the yellow flower in her hair. He then looked at Harry, who was almost drooling all over himself.
 
Idiot went through his mind.
 
“Now here are the rules while deciding this matter,” said Dumbledore. “Please be civil to each other. No matter what happens all three of you must remain calm and collective during this time. I suggest you keep this as secretive as possible, but I'm assuming people already know about this situation. No bed sharing of any kind. Mrs. Marcus suggests that Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy take Miss Marcus out on dates for one-on-one time to get better acquainted.” He then looked at Lullia. “Since Lullia doesn't live in a House here she'll be staying in the Head room. Both of you may visit her at the appropriate hours. Also at dinner she'll be joining you at your tables to eat, so I suggest you take her around well liked people.”
 
Welp there goes everyone at Slytherin, was Harry and Draco's same thought.
 
“Miss Marcus will also be attending class here, so it's very possible that she'll have classes with both of you. Now who wants tea?” asked Dumbledore with a smile.
 
Everyone except for Draco had tea again. This time he idly stared off into space as Lullia, Harry, and Dumbledore chatted. Harry then began to talk about his friends.
 
“I think you'll really like Hermione and Ron. They're really good friends. Also Ron's older brothers Fred and George play tricks on people, so don't take it personally if they slip you something.”
 
“Tricks, uh? This should be interesting.” She then looked over at Draco. “What are your friends like?”
 
Draco glanced over at her. “The same,” he said dully.
 
Lullia didn't look surprised at Draco's answer. She then returned her conversation with Harry as Draco continued to listen and look around Dumbledore's office. It was an hour before dinner and Dumbledore stopped Harry and Lullia in their conversation.
 
“Excuse me Harry, but it's almost time for dinner. Let's let Lullia have some time to freshen up and relax. After all today has been a big day for everyone. Draco would you mind escorting Lullia to her room? It's on the fourth floor.”
 
Draco, holding back a glare from the old man, said, “Yes Professor.”
 
“Oh good, thank you. Could you excuse us for a minute? I still need to talk with Lullia for another minute.”
 
Harry nodded and he and Draco stood up and went down the staircase. Harry was smiling while Draco was still frowning. Harry raised an eyebrow at Draco.
 
“C'mon Malfoy she isn't that bad,” said Harry. “She's really nice.”
 
Draco rolled his eyes. “Whatever Potter. Maybe she'll choose you by next week, so this whole stupid situation can be over.”
 
Harry stared at Draco unbelievably. “You really don't like her, do you?”
 
Draco didn't answer instead he turned away and began to pace in the hallway. Lullia then appeared in the hallway, smiled at both of them, and walked up to Draco who had stopped pacing. She turned back to Harry.
 
“I'll see you at dinner Harry.”
 
Harry nodded, keeping his cool. “Okay. See you there.” He then turned and went his own way to find Hermione and Ron.
 
Lullia then turned her attention back to Draco. “How are you really doing Draco? Dumbledore said something about you trying to run away.”
 
“I'm fine,” he stated. “Better than Potter drooling all over you.”
 
Lullia shrugged at that statement. “You're a horrible lair.”
 
He smirked. “C'mon this way to your room.”
 
Draco walked briskly and Lullia kept up in her blue heels. Lullia gazed around the school trying to remember certain objects in case she got lost. She looked back at Draco. His white hair was shaggy this time and he kept tossing his hair out of his gray eyes. She looked at him with a soft smile.
 
“So which House did you get into?”
 
“Do you really have to ask?” Lullia frowned at him. “I got into Slytherin like the rest of my family.”
 
“I thought you wanted to get into that House.”
 
“I did,” he stated as they turned the corner. They ran into students coming back from class.
 
Draco and Lullia dodged the students as they turned to stare at her. She was so oddly dressed being at Hogwarts plus being with Draco didn't help. Some of the girls quickly started talking and turned back around. “Then why do you look sad about it?” she asked once the students were gone.
 
Draco rolled his eyes and led Lullia up the staircase. “I'm not sad about it. I know how your family feels about it.”
 
Lullia simply shrugged. “I don't really care about it. After all your entire family has been in Slytherin, so we could care less about it.”
 
Draco knew that they her family did care since the Dark Lord had returned. Everyone cared who was in the Slytherin house nowadays. She probably personally didn't care, but who really knew? They then turned up to the third floor staircase and Lullia stopped gazing out where Gryffindor House was. She gazed down and around at all the moving paintings and students running around on the movable staircases.
 
“Wow,” she breathed looking down. “What House is down there?”
 
Draco looked over the edge seeing the Fat Lady trying to sing again. The nearby paintings had decided to leave once more while angry Gryffindor students snapped at her to shut up and open up. He then saw Fred and George jumping out from behind the painting and went down the stairs as the other waiting students jumped in before the Fat Lady could close up again.
 
“Gryffindor. That's where Potter and his friends live.”
 
“Gryffindor, huh? That's the lion one, right?”
 
Draco frowned. “Wow. You're a bright one,” he muttered.
 
Lullia glared at him then continued to walk up the staircase. “So sorry, Mr. Malfoy, but unlike you I don't attend public school until now,” she hissed. Her heels made sharp clicks on the stairs.
 
Draco then hurried up after the stairs saying nothing for the rest of the way up to the fourth floor. He led her down the hall and stopped at a picture of a girl sitting down on a rock with long blond hair. She was dressed in a long white dress and she fielded with a crown made from roses. She looked between Draco and Lullia and straightened up. The background was a nice scene of a river off in the distance while she was surrounded by trees and flowers.
 
“Are you the No Housed Student?” she asked.
 
Lullia glanced over at Draco who nodded. “Yes, I'm her. Lullia Marcus. Yourself?”
 
“Celina.” She then looked at Draco. “I'm sorry, but the Headmaster told me not to let in boys.”
 
Draco's forehead crinkled and had a disgusted look on his face. “As if I want to go in there you idiot!” he hissed.
 
Celina shot Draco a dirty look and Lullia quickly turned to him. “I'll see you at dinner. Thank you for escorting me.” She lightly pushed him towards the stairs and whispered, “If that painting could kill you'd be dead!”
 
“Whatever,” he shot back. “Actually tonight you'll be eating with Potter in the Great Hall. I'll see you later.” Draco then went back down the stairs without a second look back.
 
Lullia, giving Draco a death stare at his back, turned back to Celina with an apologetic look. “I'm really sorry. He's actually really nice.”
 
“I bet,” muttered the painting.