Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 5
 
Instead of going to breakfast Lullia stood outside of Celina's frame watching the students below running back and forth. She guessed that they were forgetting something or had some free time. She did see one tall Gryffindor back go in several times because he did keep forgetting things. First it was a book, and then he ran back in, and came out with his bag. The second time, he ran back in with his bag still slung over his shoulder and ran back out with a plant. The third time he had returned with two more plants and earmuffs. She briefly wondered if Harry knew him.
 
She felt weird being in robes to attend class since usually she was in a skirt or a dress of some kind with heels and a blouse. What felt stranger was that she wasn't wearing any kind of House colors at all. Lullia had hoped that Dumbledore would've written her a note saying which House to pretend to be in, but knew that would've caused problems. Maybe no one will really notice that I'm not wearing any, she thought. God she hoped so. After seeing all those girls talking once they saw her with Draco then again with Harry. Lullia couldn't really wait to hear all the rumors.
 
“Good morning Lullia,” greeted Hermione after climbing the four flight of stairs. She caught her breath and sighed. “Man, those stairs are so steep.”
 
Lullia smiled. “Yeah, they're too steep. So where's this class at?” She walked over to Hermione and showed her the class list.
 
Hermione quickly glanced over it. “You have History of Magic with us which is really lucky because there's only one more spot left…” She had trailed off something clicking within her brain.
 
Lullia raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”
 
Hermione quickly shook her head. “Nothing. C'mon lets go.” They started walking down the staircase. “So are you nervous?”
 
Lullia quickly nodded.
 
When they arrived in the classroom only some students had arrived. There were still ten more minutes before class started and Lullia sighed of relief. She walked up to the professor, introduced herself and he simply nodded knowing of the situation. He handed her a book and told her to sit two over from Granger to the left. Lullia thanked him and went to go sit down.
 
Hermione had already taken her seat and leaned over to Lullia. “This class is really boring. Even for me, so don't let him catch you sleeping.”
 
Lullia nodded. “Thanks Hermione. Do you know who I'm sitting next to?”
 
“You'll find out. Dumbledore put you in this class knowing exactly what's going to happen.”
 
“Oh…is that good or bad?”
 
“It's good,” reassured Hermione. “Trust me. You'll be fine.”
 
“I hope so.”
 
After a few minutes the class started to fill up. Some people took no noticed of Lullia sitting there without any House colors while others did. Two girls sitting in front of Lullia finally turned around after whispering to each other. The girl with blond hair spoke first.
 
“Do you really want to sit there?” she asked.
 
Lullia raised an eyebrow. “Why do you ask?”
 
“Do you even know who you're sitting between?” asked the second girl. This one had jet black hair.
 
“No?”
 
The two girls exchanged looks while Lullia quickly glanced over at Hermione. She was busily flipping her book searching for something. They then looked back at Lullia.
 
“You're sitting between Malfoy and Potter. They give each other death stares during class. You're in the worst possible seat.”
 
The blond nodded. “I'm willing to trade seats with you if you want. Obliviously your new and don't need to deal with them on your first day.”
 
Lullia shook her head. “Thanks, but I'll sit between them. I should be fine.”
 
Hermione glanced over at her and smiled. Yup, Dumbledore knew which seat was open in this class. She guessed that her classes were arranged to where Harry and Draco had an empty seat next to them. She returned back to her book.
 
“Well here comes one now,” said the black haired girl. “Enjoy,” she muttered.
 
Lullia turned around to see Draco standing a few feet away. She smiled at him while he blankly stared back at her. He took a deep breath, walked up and sat down next to her. He pulled out his book and dropped it on the table.
 
“Good morning Draco,” she said sweetly.
 
He glanced over at her. “Morning,” he muttered. “I see you found your way to class.”
 
“Yeah, Hermione is helping me out today.” Draco looked over at Hermione giving her a strange look that he didn't show on his face much. It was thanks. Lullia then pulled out her class list. “Do you have Potions next?”
 
Draco smirked and nodded. “I see Dumbledore made sure we had classes together.”
 
“Well except for this one. Apparently its up in a tower and I know that sometimes heights make you uneasy-”
 
Draco softly elbowed her giving her a shut up look. “Don't talk like you know my entire life story,” he whispered. “I'm fine with heights now. I use to play Quidditch.”
 
“Sorry,” she whispered back. “But that's nothing compared to the heights of the towers!”
 
He looked at her dark blue eyes and softly smiled. Sometimes he did still feel uneasy about heights, but had sucked it up for flying and Quidditch. In fact he had sucked up a lot of things over the years. Like this marriage situation. How right she was.
 
He looked over her before asking, “So what House are you in? No colors, uh?”
 
Lullia thought for a moment before resting her head on her hand. More students were filling in taking quick glances at the new girl easily talking with Malfoy. They also noticed that Malfoy enjoyed talking with this girl. “When I'm with you I'll be a Slytherin and when I'm with Harry I'll be a Gryffindor. How's that?” she asked with a sly smile.
 
“And what if a Ravenclaw asks you what class you're in?”
 
She shrugged. “I'll figure something out. I am a better lair than you.”
 
Before Draco could counter a fellow student mocked, “Hey Malfoy who's your girlfriend?”
 
Hermione glanced up from her book to see this situation. This couldn't turn out that well. Whoever really mocked Malfoy received a great insult or his famous death stare. Draco glared up at the boy while Lullia, cocked her head to the side, and looked at him.
 
“Pansy wont like you talking to another girl like that,” he stated.
 
Lullia glanced over at Draco then back at the boy student. “Who?”
 
“Pansy. She's his rejected, wannabe girlfriend.” He paused seeing Draco giving him the famous death stare. He paid no attention to Draco as he continued to talk to Lullia. “So who are you?”
 
Lullia then gave the boy her fake, charming smile. “Lullia and if you excuse us, you're interrupting our conversation, so bugger off.”
 
Hermione smiled at this and looked back down at her book. Apparently Lullia knew how to take care of herself especially with creeps. This should be good.
 
The boy slightly frowned then smirked. “Feisty. I like it. I'm John. I can always make room for you over here.” He patted the empty seat next to him. “You and Bill can exchange seats.”
 
Lullia crinkled her eyebrows. “No thank you. I'm fine where I'm at.”
 
John rose a surprisingly eyebrow. “So you would rather sit next to Dreary Draco and Dull Potter?”
 
Draco made a move to stand up, but Lullia grabbed his arm. He still glared at John and now a few other students were now listening in to the conversation. Draco still hadn't hexed him yet which was surprising. More students slyly looked over at the situation and saw Lullia's hand on Draco's arm.
 
“Now I know why no girl ever wants to sit around you. You're rude, I can smell you from here, and even with school uniforms you make them look horrible. You and your raccoon colors.”
 
Draco and Hermione held back a laugh along with the other students who had been listening in. Two girls who had been listening busted out laughing. Raccoon? John stared at her, shock was written all over his face. The two girls in front of Lullia and Draco started to softly giggle.
 
“It's a badger,” muttered Draco holding back his smile. “Not a raccoon.”
 
Lullia rolled her eyes and whispered, “Whatever.” She then glanced over at Hermione who started to giggle at this fight.
 
“Marko sit down!” ordered the professor. “Leave Malfoy's girlfriend alone before she slugs you! Do you have to be a bastard to all girls you meet? NOW SIT DOWN!”
 
“She's not my girlfriend!” snapped Draco. He was trying not to blush as Lullia flushed and everyone in the room turned to look at them. Every single person looked at Lullia and Draco then slowly turned around.
 
Girlfriend? Oh, shit was all that went through Draco, Lullia, and Hermione's mind.
 
This wasn't going to help the rumors at all.
 
“Malfoy shut up or she'll slug you too! Marko, SIT!”
 
John then quickly sat down without saying or looking back at Lullia. Hermione giggled and glanced over at Lullia. Lullia caught her eye and smiled back at her. She then saw Ron running to his seat and quickly sat down, out of breath.
 
“Overslept again?” muttered Hermione with a happy smile.
 
“No. I had to get breakfast!” he answered and dropped his book onto his desk.
 
Harry then slumped into his seat before Lullia could even see him. He looked over and smiled. He hadn't noticed that Lullia was now sitting between him and Malfoy. Draco had idly returned back to his book ignoring the left side of him.
 
Ron looked over at Lullia and waved. “Morning Lullia. I didn't see you at breakfast.”
 
“I'm not really a breakfast type of person.” She then looked at Harry. “Morning Harry.”
 
“Morning. Is this your first class?” he asked.
 
Lullia nodded. “I was really surprised that I actually have a class with both of you. Lucky us, right?”
 
“Right. Which class do you have next?”
 
“Potions with Draco.” Lullia pulled out her class list again. “Then this afternoon I have Divination, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Hermione said that usually students have five or six classes, but Dumbledore only gave me four.”
 
“After lunch I'll show you where Divination is if you don't have it with Malfoy.” Draco glanced over at Harry when he said his name then looked back down at his book.
 
“We don't. Do you?”
 
“I actually don't, but my class is right down the hall, so it works. We do have Defense Against the Dark Arts together though. So I can show you where that is, too.”
 
“All right, shut up, class is starting!” called the Professor.
 
“Thanks,” whispered Lullia.