Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 9
 
Harry sat up on his bed quickly writing a letter to Sirius before dinner and to try and find Malfoy. He had been thinking on what Dumbledore said and it made perfect sense now. It was a very simple letter just in case the Ministry read it or someone else did. They seemed to be checking more and more owls lately. For some reason he wanted this situation to stay rumors and nothing else. He guessed deep down in had something to do with Voldemort knowing.
 
Dear P.F., Yesterday I received word about a certain situation that my parents made and I was never told of! Why didn't you tell me or did they even tell you? Whatever the reason for not telling me is hopefully important, it would've been nice to know and not find out by the family. Harry.
 
He folded up the letter and turned to Hedwig's cage. She happily flapped around seeing the letter in Harry's hand. He opened the cage and quickly attached it to her talon. He held out his arm, Hedwig quickly jumped on his arm and he went over to the window opening it.
 
“Give this is Sirius,” he muttered. “Bye Hedwig.”
 
Hedwig squawked then took off happy to be in flight again. She then soared away and out of sight.
 
Harry then left his room and Gryffindor tower. He quickly walked down the staircases and the corridors to the Great Hall. It was dinner time and hopefully Malfoy and Lullia would be there eating. He walked in looking at the Slytherin table and saw no sign of them. He checked the Gryffindor table only seeing Fred, George, Neville, and Ginny eating. He sighed and took one more look around. Where was Ron at? He was always in there with his brothers and sister eating.
 
He sharply turned out of the Great Hall and banged heads with someone. He groaned holding his head and looked up to see Ron holding his head.
 
“Bloody hell Harry! Where are you off too?”
 
Harry rubbed his forehead feeling his lighting bolt scar. “I'm going to go get Lullia now. Have you seen Malfoy?”
 
Ron shook his head. “No. Actually whenever he's around I tend to ignore him. How's Lullia doing?”
 
Harry and Ron had started down the corridor to the staircases. “Well she does have a bruise where Pansy punched her, but I think she's alright. Hermione stayed with her for a while before I knew she had been found. Hopefully she wants to eat dinner after today.”
 
“Yeah. We'll keep her away from the Slytherin table, too.”
 
They then turned off of the staircase as a large group of Ravenclaws came down nearly running over Harry and Ron. They went down another corridor avoiding the students running to dinner. The first years nearly ran over everyone since they were always so hungry.
 
Harry nodded. “She probably wont go back to that table. I wouldn't.”
 
They then saw Draco cut across the corridor to the other side where the staircases began again. He turned going down instead of up where Lullia's room was. He hadn't even seen them as he stared down at the ground walking briskly. Harry and Ron quickly got to the staircases once again.
 
Harry looked over at Ron. “Could you go get Lullia and take her to dinner? I need to talk to Malfoy.”
 
“Sure. Good luck,” muttered Ron and then they separated again. Ron went up the stairs and Harry went down after Draco.
 
“Hey Malfoy!” called Harry.
 
Draco stopped on the stairs, turned and looked up at Harry. Usually his forehead would crinkle, an impatient glare, or an insult. This time nothing. He just looked up at Harry like he was another fellow student. Did he view Harry differently now because of the betrothed situation or since they were both friends with Lullia now? Harry ran down the steps finishing the distance between them.
 
“What?” muttered Draco sounding like he could care less on what Harry had to say.
 
“Can we talk?” Draco raised an eyebrow at this. “It's about this whole situation thing.”
 
“Listen I didn't know Pansy would punch her-” started Draco.
 
“Oh, no. It's not about that,” cut off Harry. “It's about this marriage choosing thing.”
 
Draco then nodded and leaned up against the stone banister crossing his arms. “Go ahead.”
 
Harry glanced around still seeing students running up and down the stairs. It was much too busy to just talk freely and openly about this. He wondered if Draco even cared about the privacy of this situation or if he saw the students running everywhere.
 
“I meant in private where they can't hear us,” muttered Harry looking up at a wave of students. They looked up at Harry and Draco talking. Draco now glanced back over his shoulder and saw the students.
 
“Oh. Might as well, Potter,” he muttered as he moved off of the staircase and into the nearby corridor. Harry followed. They then stopped by the far wall, completely alone. “Better?”
 
Harry nodded. “Have you seen Lullia yet?”
 
Draco nodded. “If I would've known Pansy would've even thought of punching someone that fit the rumors I would've sent Lullia to your table. The only person I know with a temper is Granger.”
 
“I'll give you that one. Hermione said Lullia was up in the astronomy tower for the entire time.”
 
Draco shrugged uncaringly. He wasn't going to let Harry know that he had found her. There was no point in telling him. “What did you want to talk about?” he asked.
 
“How long have you known about the betrothed situation?”
 
“For while. I take it no one told you until yesterday?”
 
“Yeah,” he muttered. “Have you met Lullia before?”
 
Is that a serious question? thought Draco. He looked surprised and smirked. “I can't believe you just asked me that. Of course, I've met her before now. We've briefly hung out before.”
 
Harry nodded looking down at the floor. He couldn't believe he was about to ask this to Malfoy. Out of everyone in the world, he had to ask him. “How do you feel about her?”
 
Draco simply gazed at Harry, expressionless. Did he seriously just ask that? “She's a nice person and stuff…”
 
“I meant if you liked her,” stated Harry. “If you really liked her.”
 
“Does it matter?” Harry looked up surprised at Draco's answer. “She's choosing. Not us, so it doesn't really matter if I or you like her. It only depends on if she likes you better than me and vice versus.”
 
“Dumbledore thinks it'll be easier for her to choose someone that likes her back. Personally I wouldn't choose someone who didn't like me back.”
 
The side of Draco's mouth twitched at this. His eyes flickered from Harry's eyes to the lighting bolt scar then back to his eyes. “If you want her then you can have her.” He paused before adding, angrily, “And who cares what Dumbledore thinks! It's not like he has any control of it and no matter what nothing will help this situation. For either of us.”
 
Harry stared at Draco for a several seconds before he could answer. His voice had been flat, hard, and something else that he couldn't recognize in Draco's voice. “Yes, but if you had liked her more than me then I would've told her, so in case she liked you more than me she would pick you and not me. Get what I'm saying?”
 
“Yes, I do,” he said shortly. “I'll see you later Potter.” He then turned to leave.
 
“Hey!” Draco turned back to Harry. “You weren't coming back from Lullia's room were you?”
 
“No,” he answered flatly. “McGonagall stopped me telling me that Snape wants to see me. You can take her to dinner. She's not going back near the Slytherin table just yet.”
 
And with that Draco went back down the stairs like before. Harry then started to climb the stairs before he saw Ron and Lullia walking down towards him. He stopped and smiled up at her. Maybe it was a good thing that Malfoy didn't like her. She was too nice of a person for him.
 
But did he really like her?
 
Lullia smiled down at Harry. She looked completely different than any other girl going to dinner tonight. Her hair was curly with a yellow flower loosely entangled in it. She was wearing a red plaid long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow, dark jeans, and black heels. No one ever wore that to dinner, ever. Harry had to keep his mouth shut when he saw her.
 
“Hey Harry. Thanks for sending Ron after me,” she said as she and Ron made it down to Harry. “Celina had no idea who he was or what to do.” She softly laughed.
 
“You look great,” said Harry without thinking. Ron quickly nodded from behind and out of sight from Lullia. His face was slightly red.
 
She slightly blushed and touched her cheek. “Thanks. I thought with these curls I'd hide the swelling better. Oh, and tons of makeup does help.”
 
“Well it's great,” said Harry as they continued to walk down the stairs. He barely noticed the bruising or swelling anymore.
 
And it wasn't because of the curls or makeup either.
 
“So will Hermione be joining us for dinner?” she asked.
 
Harry and Ron shrugged. “She's still in the library,” muttered Ron. “She's been in there all this evening, so probably not. I tried to get her to come before I ran into Harry. She muttered something about spells lasting longer than they should. I don't know what she's talking about”
 
“That's weird,” muttered Lullia.
 
They continued their way down to the Great Hall where everyone now knew who Lullia was. She was the girl who was dating Malfoy and his angry wannabe girlfriend punched her. Now they reconsidered those rumors and small facts when they saw her enter with Harry and Ron. Who was she really with? Who was she anyways? Were her and Malfoy still dating since he did nothing to protect her from Pansy? Why was she with Harry anyways since he and Malfoy did hate each?
 
They went to the Gryffindor table where Fred, George, Ginny, and Neville already sat still eating and waiting for them. Ginny flashed up a glance at Lullia and blinked several times. Neville even found himself staring at Lullia's strange look at Hogwarts.
 
She was standing out.
 
And they were liking it.
 
“Lullia you were great today!” exclaimed George. “Haven't been this much fun since-”
 
“Harry's first and second year!” finished Fred.
 
Lullia smiled at the twins. “How much fun is this?” she asked pointing to her cheek.
 
“It doesn't look that bad,” muttered Neville returning to his food. “There are some herbs that I can give you so it'll go away quicker.”
 
They sat down: Ron next to Neville, Harry across from George, and Lullia across from Ginny. Lullia looked down the table and smiled at Neville.
 
“Thanks. I'm Lullia. You?”
 
“Neville.”
 
Ron then started to dig at the pudding and cakes that were now appearing on the table. He grabbed a few pieces of chicken before they could be replaced by desert or eaten by Harry and Lullia. He nodded towards Ginny.
 
“That's Ginny,” said Ron after a mouthful of pudding. “She's our youngest and only sister.”
 
Ginny half smiled at Lullia. Lullia returned a weak smile as well. “Hi,” she muttered. “You're face looks better than I expected.”
 
“Thanks,” muttered Lullia. “I thought the same.”
 
Harry slightly frowned at this. Hermione had loved Lullia while Ginny apparently didn't. Hell, all of Harry's other friends loved or at least liked Lullia. He shrugged it off as he grabbed his own food.
 
Ron then leaned forward to look at Lullia. “So what was the deal with the punch, Lullia? I've heard so many people talking about it.”
 
“Well Pansy thought that Draco and I were dating, so she punched me then I hexed her. That's basically about it.”
 
“Well are you?” asked Ginny curiously.
 
Harry mentally kicked himself. He had told Ron, Hermione, Fred and George (they had taken the Marcus letter and read it to themselves) but had left out Ginny. He couldn't believe that he forgot to tell Ginny the situation with Lullia now. No wonder she was giving her the death stare almost!
 
“No,” she answered simply. Fred and George exchanged looks. “In fact, I just met him today. He's in a few of my classes, so he was being nice and invited me to lunch.”
 
“Malfoy invited you to lunch!” said Neville, stunned. “I'm glad you weren't poisoned or that the Slytherin table didn't eat your heart!”
 
“Why do you say that?”
 
Ron elbowed Neville in the ribs and muttered a low “shut up”. Neville then shook his head and turned back down to his meal. He wasn't going to answer.
 
“It's because Malfoy is a bully,” stated Ginny. “He's rude to everyone especially to Neville and Harry and Hermione.”
 
Lullia raised an eyebrow and looked down at Neville and then at Harry. Ron had stopped eating while Harry had to nod. “Yeah. Sorry, but he's not the best of people to be around…like I said before, ya know?”
 
Lullia nodded, not surprised. “Yeah. I kinda got that feeling from him. I don't know why he invited me if he's that mean.”
 
Harry silently sighed of relief. He'd have to tell Ginny about the situation soon, very soon. At least Lullia knew had to lie really well.
 
“So are you going back to the Slytherin table tomorrow?” asked Fred excitedly.
 
“Yeah. This time we want front row seats if you throw a punch!” said George.
 
Lullia smiled and shrugged. “Depends if he invites me back or not.”
 
“Maybe you'll hex the whole table this time!” they said together and stood up. “See ya later!”
 
Everyone muttered some kind of goodbye as the twins left. Ginny now sat alone on the other side of the table poking at her food. After a few minutes of silence, Lullia had also to start poke at her food, Harry wanted to break the silence.
 
Harry then looked over at Lullia to ask her if she wanted to go get Hermione with him. No one wanted to talk and it seemed like Hermione was probably the only thing to get everyone talking. He knew Ginny and her loved to talk about him and Ron then some older Gryffindors. Lullia then looked over at him seeing his head turned towards her and waited for him to speak.
 
He never spoke to her. In fact, no one else spoke for a few minutes afterward. Harry kissed Lullia without thinking and smiled when Lullia responded. His hand ran through her curly hair resting on the back of her neck while she grabbed his hand.
 
Ron, Ginny, Neville, and Blaise and Zack at the Slytherin table all stared at him.
 
“Can't wait until Malfoy finds out,” muttered Blaise gazing over at Harry and Lullia. They were basically now making out. The Weasley girl had stood up and marched out of the Great Hall.
 
Zack then groaned, “He already knows.”
 
Blaise now looked over at the entranceway to the Great Hall. Ginny brushed by Malfoy who stood at the entranceway also staring at Harry and Lullia kissing. His face was expressionless as he watched.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
Wonder what Draco is going to do now? Hm. So tell me what you think! Likes, dislikes, something! Thanks!