Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 8
 
Lullia stared at her reflection in the mirror as she stood in her bathroom. She was staring at the bruise on her cheek that was lightly swelling. She didn't think it would swell anymore since the punch wasn't that hard, but surprising. The memory replayed over and over again in her mind. The punch, the surprise from everyone, the evil glare of Draco, and the hex at the end (and Zack saying, OH SHIT, which now she slightly smiled at). Pansy had fallen down and Lullia hoped that the BANG sound helped her brain somehow.
 
God how she wanted to kick Pansy in the ribs or at least picked up a plate and crash it against her head. What kind of a girl reacts to such rumors when she's single and barely any type of a relationship is between two people? Lullia sighed and put more ice up to her cheek. She couldn't believe how well Draco had handled his temper. She thought he was going to slap her or hex her himself. But no, he shoved her.
 
Shoved. Nicely done.
 
Lullia went back into her room and flopped down on the bed. She looked over at her nightstand seeing her mother's letter. She wanted to know how her first day was, about Harry and Draco, and if it was worth going to Hogwarts to meet Harry. Her first day at Hogwarts had gone all wrong. First it started with John, then the teacher calling her Draco's girlfriend, then John again during Potions and finally Pansy at lunch. The only good part of today was meeting two more nice people at the Slytherin table. She wondered if they'd be at dinner.
 
Am I even going to dinner tonight after this? God, I can't believe this happened today! Not even here for more than forty-eight hours and it's all going to HELL!!! She then buried her face into the pillows and screamed out of anger. How am I suppose to choose between Draco and Harry when these stupid girls are spreading rumors and believing them!? This is so stupid! I should've just flipped a COIN!!!!
 
She screamed again and again and again.
 
Lullia had been on the astronomy tower hugging her knees crying. Her face was hurting and it was only the first day of school. She had never been insulted like that before nor been quickly judged as “the slut”. She gazed down from the railing to see the dark green forest and the lake. She was in one of the tallest towers at the school and knew no one would find her up here.
 
That stupid Pansy, she thought. Why is he even friends with her? She's a horrible person! God I'm going to get lost trying to find my way back down.
 
She sniffed and wiped the tears from her eyes. She ruffled up her hair sighing as she felt the cool wind. How was she going to explain her absence from class? On her first day no less. She banged the back of her head against the wall groaning.
 
Such a bad day. She just hoped that Pansy would leave her alone until she chose between Draco and Harry. This was such a stupid idea coming here.
 
Lullia knew at least an hour had passed since she heard students running up and down the stairs. Great, she'd been missing her third class of the day. She didn't realize though that she had been missing entirely and that people were searching for her. She buried her face into her arms once more feeling that her cheek was swelling.
 
“Stupid Pansy,” she muttered. She then slowly drifted away.
 
“Hey get up.”
 
Someone shook her awake and Lullia groaned stretching out. She was now lying on her side closer to the edge than she'd attended. She yawned and looked up seeing Draco by her feet. He had been shaking her legs to wake her.
 
“Have you been up here this entire time?” he asked now sitting.
 
Lullia sat up and nodded. “Yes, why?”
 
“Because I just went and told Dumbledore that no one can find you! Everyone's been looking for you.” He then saw Lullia's bruised cheek and frowned. “Sorry about Pansy…”
 
She nodded not caring. “Whatever. Next time though I'm going to fight back and she might have a broken nose. If I'm wearing heels that day she's going to have holes in her!”
 
He smirked and stood up. “C'mon. The hallways are clear, so no one will see us.” He held out his hand and pulled Lullia up.
 
“I would've never of thought to see you up in a tower like this,” she said. “But I guess you aren't by the railing.”
 
“Oh, shut up,” he muttered and pulled her towards the stairs.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Draco was lying in bed with the pillow covering his head. He had also skipped the rest of his classes today weather or not he was excused. He could've cared less what the professors had said about it. In fact, all of the professors probably knew what had happened between Lullia and Pansy. Her first real day at Hogwarts and she gets punched. And to no surprise either, it happened at the Slytherin table with Draco Malfoy. If his parents found out, he'd be dead.
 
He couldn't believe Pansy had punched Lullia like that. They were rumors....even though very true, they were still unconfirmed rumors. Everything had been going okay (not great, but not terrible) until that Marko kid kept calling Lullia his girlfriend, the professor that actually called her his girlfriend, and then Pansy. Blaise and Zack were perfectly fine. In fact, the rest of the Slytherin table hadn't really noticed her. Then everyone had noticed her when Pansy shrieked, punched, and became hexed.
 
Tomorrow would be hell. True hell.
 
He then groaned feeling his stomach rumble. He had forgotten about dinner. Technically it was still his turn to take Lullia to dinner. That'd be real great to bring Lullia to dinner with everyone now watching them. He felt like screaming until his vocal cords stopped working.
 
“Hey Malfoy,” said Zack walking in from his later class and kicked opened his trunk. “Have you moved since lunch?”
 
No answer.
 
“Well whatever. I heard Pansy is still hexed and that the curse isn't wearing off. Your girlfriend kicks ass!”
 
Draco then chucked his pillow at Zack. “She is NOT my girlfriend!” he snapped.
 
Zack easily caught it. “Once again, you're a horrible lair. Also if you keep her around Pansy won't be joining us. Do you think she could hex Crabbe and Goyle?” He tossed the pillow back over to Draco's bed.
 
He glared at Zack and put his face back into the pillow lying down.
 
“Well WHOEVER she is, she does kick ass.”
 
“Will you shut up!” muttered Draco.
 
Zack paused for a moment. “So the rumors are true then? You and Potter have to fight over this girl? Don't even try to deny it. I read your mum's letter. Your dad's letter was quite scary though.” Draco sat up and stared unbelievably at Zack who was now eating chocolates. “By the way, your mum sent you some really great chocolates.”
 
“You read my letters?” he demanded jumping up.
 
Zack nodded and shoved another chocolate into his mouth before Draco snatched the box from him. Zack had eaten most of them. Draco then tossed the box onto his bed then ran a hand through his hair. Zack now knew of the whole situation. Draco hadn't even read the letters yet but he guessed that his mother's was worry and his father was more…scary like Zack had said.
 
“Don't you dare say anything to anyone!” he hissed. “And stop reading my mail!”
 
Zack simply nodded and handed the new letter to Draco. “This one is from Mrs. Marcus. She sounds like a lovely lady.”
 
“For the love of God Zack! Have you been reading my entire mail all these years?”
 
Zack nodded with a grin. “Sorry.” He paused as Draco snatched the letter and sat down on his bed. “Lullia is a lovely girl, though. I hope she picks you.”
 
Draco glanced up from the letter and tossed Zack the rest of the chocolates. “Just stay quiet about this.” Zack easily caught the box, nodded with a grin, and started eating again.
 
Draco started to read: Dear Draco, I realized that today you and Lullia had several classes together today. Dumbledore has told me that you'll be sharing classes, which I think is a fantastic idea! He also told me that Mr. Potter and Lullia will have classes together as well. I can't wait until I hear from her about her first day. I know that while she'll be with you that she'll have a lovely time at Hogwarts. I do hope and pray that Mr. Potter is more like his mother than father. Enjoy school. Rose Marcus.
 
He looked up from the letter to see Zack still eating. Zack nodded. “So does Mrs. Marcus send you candy as well?”
 
Draco crinkled his forehead. “No, she doesn't. Where are the letters from my parents?”
 
Zack nodded towards the nightstand. “Underneath that green box with the first Marcus letter.” Draco shot him another dirty look. “Sorry!”
 
Draco grabbed the two other letters and read his father's letter first. Draco, don't you dare become second place to that Potter! Be a Malfoy and be the best! True, it's not your fault that the Marcus family picked you second, but now you have the chance to be first. BEAT POTTER. Don't you dare disgrace the family name by-
 
He stopped reading and folded it up. The rest of the letter would be filled with insults. Very scary. He then turned to his mother's letter, which would be the complete opposite. How his parents ever got together he'd never knew.
 
He started to read his mother's. Draco my dear, Rose has just informed me that Lullia is joining Hogwarts today! How exciting is this? You and Lullia will be able to spend time together again. Now Draco if Lullia does pick Mr. Potter please don't be horribly upset. You guys did have a fall out, but I'm sure everything will work out for the best. Everything does. Tomorrow I'll send you some chocolates to give to Lullia-
 
Draco stopped reading and glared up at Zack. “What the hell!” he shouted. “You read my mail and eat chocolates that don't even belong to YOU!!”
 
Zack shrugged and looked down into the box. “There's one left.”
 
“Oh, bloody hell, just shove it into your mouth already! Do you have anything else of mine?”
 
He thought for a moment then shook his head. “Nope. I think you have it all. I'll let you know when your next letter comes though.”
 
“God, I'm going to kill you.” He stood up shoving the letters under his blankets. “Remember to keep your mouth shut about this situation.”
 
“Promise,” said Zack. “Not a word.”
 
“Thanks.” Draco then left his room.