Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7
 
Harry now walked up the spiral staircase to Dumbledore's office and opened the door. Dumbledore was standing before his bookcase searching for a book. He glanced over at Harry and smiled. He then returned his gaze back to the bookcase.
 
“Hello Harry. I see you're skipping classes again.”
 
Harry quickly nodded walking up to Dumbledore. “Professor, we can't seem to find Lullia anywhere.”
 
“I know. Mr. Malfoy came in about an hour ago telling me. Apparently a girl's jealous rage assaulted her.” He grabbed a dark blue book and went down to sit behind his desk. “And then Lullia hexed her.”
 
“Yes, sir. Pansy slugged her.”
 
Dumbledore flipped open the book. He simply shook his head. “Luckily for Pansy that Lullia didn't do anything else to her. Also I do find it interesting that Lullia was at the Slytherin table.” He then motioned for Harry to sit down.
 
Harry sat. “Well last night she ate with me, so it was Malfoy's turn. I feel so sorry for her, Professor. I knew I shouldn't have let her sit at the Slytherin table! She's had the worst first day ever. She wont be leaving Hogwarts will she?”
 
“Of course not,” said Dumbledore now looking up at him. “Miss Lullia might not return to the Slytherin table if Mr. Malfoy has anything to say about it, but believe me Harry, she's staying.”
 
“Well how can you be sure she hasn't left the grounds already?”
 
“Because Miss Granger came to ask me the password to Lullia's room. Celina, the painting, told Hermione that Lullia had returned to her room shortly after Mr. Malfoy told me that there was no sign of her. She's with her now probably calming her down as we speak. If you'd like Harry you can go visit her as well. I'm about to send after Mr. Malfoy to tell him that he also has that permission as well.”
 
Harry quickly nodded. “I'd really like to, Professor.”
 
Dumbledore grabbed a quill and quickly wrote down the password. He handed it to Harry on a small piece of parchment. “Here you are Harry. Do let me know how she's doing.”
 
“Thank you very much Professor,” he said and stood up going straight to the door. He stopped and turned back around. “Professor?”
 
“Yes?” He had returned to his book.
 
“What is going to happen to Pansy?”
 
“Oh, Miss Parkinson will be spending the night in the Hospital Wing. Apparently Lullia's hex still hasn't worn off like it should. I do believe that's far much worse than detention to be trapped in your own body and can't move for the pass three hours.”
 
“How is that possible?” asked Harry curiously.
 
Dumbledore then patted the blue book he had gotten. “I'm trying to figure that out as we speak. Goodbye Harry.”
 
“Bye Professor.”
 
“Oh, Harry,” he said as an afterthought. Harry stopped once more before leaving and turned towards him. “Have you talked with Draco about the betrothed situation yet?”
 
“No, sir. Malfoy and I don't really talk to each other.”
 
Dumbledore nodded. “I've noticed over the years. I do believe that if Lullia joins no one for dinner then you and Draco should talk. It might make the situation easier.”
 
“Easier?”
 
“Yes, easier. I know you've taken a fancy to her while Draco is still hard to read. If one likes her while the other one doesn't, it'll be easier for her to choose. Do you understand what I'm saying?”
 
Harry quickly nodded. “Yes, Professor.”
 
 
 
* * * * * * *
 
 
Harry now stood outside of Lullia's room retelling Celina the story on what had happened in the Great Hall. Celina nodded quickly at everything stunned. She couldn't believe it either and she'd been here forever!
 
“That poor girl! I feel so sorry for her. The rude blond kid wouldn't tell me what had happened!”
 
Harry raised an eyebrow. Maybe she met Hermione since Malfoy had told Dumbledore that he couldn't find her or maybe it was someone entirely different. The rude blond kid? “Yeah, so uh-”
 
“Oh, yes! Sorry! You may come in!” The portrait opened up and Harry quickly went through.
 
He stepped into the common room hearing the portrait close behind him. He saw Lullia's bag with her books lying across the floor like she had thrown them. Her shoes were sitting by the wall. Did she thrown them, too? Harry then noticed how large this one room was for just one person to live in.
 
“Harry?”
 
He looked up and saw Hermione on the stairs leading up to Lullia's room. Harry started towards her. “How's Lullia?”
 
“She's icing down her cheek. How did you get in here?”
 
“Dumbledore gave me the password. He said I was allowed too.”
 
Harry and Hermione then entered Lullia's large bedroom. Lullia was sitting on a cushioned stool with ice propped up on her cheek. She briefly half smiled over at Harry.
 
“Hey. Sorry about the scare,” she muttered removing the ice. Her cheekbone was lightly beginning to bruise. “I can't believe some girl got jealous because of the rumors….even though they're true to an extent.”
 
Harry frowned and wrapped an arm around her. Hermione took her seat back on the bed. “Last year Pansy heard that Malfoy's favorite food was grilled seaweed with butter, so she kept making it for him everyday for lunch and dinner.”
 
Lullia's face then turned to disgust. “That's really nasty. Please tell me it's not true.”
 
“God no,” said Hermione. “I'm from the Muggle world and haven't met anyone who likes that. Pansy read that in a bathroom stall. Someone wrote it there as a joke.”
 
Lullia laughed. “She'll believe any kind of rumors then, huh?”
 
Harry nodded. “Man I can't believe you cursed her like that though. Fred and George said that it's probably the best thing that's happened all year.”
 
Lullia smiled and placed the ice back up to her cheek. “She's lucky I didn't break a rib while I was at it.”
 
This time Hermione quickly nodded. “I would've at least turned her hair a bad color or make her throw up slugs for a while.” She smiled at the last idea.
 
“Maybe next time,” said Lullia. She then looked between Harry and Hermione. “I'm sorry that you guys have to miss class because of this. If I would've known this would happen I would've sat elsewhere for lunch.”
 
“It's fine,” Harry and Hermione said together.
 
“I also talked to Dumbledore about the classes you're missing,” said Hermione. “He said that you're excused from today and that tomorrow the teachers will gladly accept you. Apparently all the teachers are talking about it still.”
 
“Really?” She brightened up.
 
Hermione nodded again. “Oh, yes. First day and you used a good hex which could've hexed anyone else around, but you aimed it perfectly and everything.”
 
“Thank my private tutors then,” she muttered.
 
After a while Harry and Hermione left Lullia alone and said that they'd see her at dinner. Once they were on their way down the staircase Harry told Hermione about Pansy and how she was still hexed.
 
“That's impossible Harry,” said Hermione. “The spell would've worn off by now. It's been hours since lunch.”
 
“Well she's in the Hospital Wing and Dumbledore was researching about it in his office when I got there. He said that Pansy wont be getting detention since being trapped in your own body without movement was punishment enough.”
 
Hermione thought about it a moment. “Maybe Malfoy cursed her at the same time Lullia did. He did look like he would kill her for a second.”
 
Harry shrugged. “Who knows,” he muttered. “So where did you find Lullia at?”
 
“I didn't,” answered Hermione. “I came back to her room and decided to ask if she had returned yet. When I asked Lullia where she was at, she said that she'd fallen asleep up in the astronomy tower. That's the last place I'd ever look for anyone.”
 
Harry nodded in agreement. He hadn't even thought about the tower. In fact, no one had mentioned it when they were trying to find her. Who would've thought? Harry then remembered what Dumbledore had said before he finally left his office.
 
“Hey Hermione.” She looked up at him. “Do you know where Malfoy is?”
 
She shook her head. “No, why? Does he not know that Lullia's been found?”
 
“It's not about that. Dumbledore suggested that Malfoy and I talk about this marriage situation. You know get his thoughts about Lullia and stuff.”
 
Hermione quickly nodded. “That's actually a very good idea. After today I wonder how much he likes her.”
 
“Why?”
 
Hermione shook her head. “It's a girl thing. If I see him I'll let him know that you want to talk to him. I have to go to the library and find out how long curses can last…”
 
Harry smiled. Good old Hermione. “Thanks Hermione.”
 
They then departed going their separate ways.