Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Harry now walked to the Great Hall taking the most indirect path where students wouldn't be walking. It was near noon and they had decided to leave the room one by two to not to draw attention to themselves. They had decided to send out Harry since he was the famous one out of the bunch and if students knew they'd surely say something to him. He arrived to the left of the Great Hall luckily avoiding the large group of students, but some of the loners looked up at him and stared.
 
They knew. Maybe not the entire school just yet, but they would also know.
 
He peeked into the Great Hall and scanned the Gryffindor table. He saw the twins, Ginny, Neville, Ron and Hermione already eating. He saw some students grouped together, hunched over and clearly reading the Prophet. He could see the photo barely moving of Draco as he shifted on his feet. He glanced over at the Slytherin table seeing one the girls crowded around two newspapers. Blaise was eating with Julia, his Ravenclaw girlfriend. She had curly chocolate hair with matching brown eyes. She was as thin as Lullia and was very nice. Some of the Slytherins did ignore her, but were at least nice to her as with Lullia. Harry then saw Zack rip a newspaper out of someone's hands and tore it up. Zack was trying to destroy the evidence too.
 
“Hi Harry.”
 
He jumped and turned around to see Luna standing before him. She was looking up at him curiously, still dressed in her hot pink pajamas and pale blue robe. “Oh, Luna, you scared me!”
 
“Sorry. I take it you wanted to see how many people are reading the paper today?” She held the Prophet in her hands. “I found this on the floor and read it. It's quite interesting to say the least. My father wrote me asking if this was true and I denied it, so now you only have to worry about this paper.”
 
“Thanks Luna,” muttered Harry. Wait. Her father also found out? “How did he find out?”
 
Luna shrugged. “He said that he woke up and some letters were on his writing desk. So I really don't know.”
 
“The letters were just there?”
 
She nodded. “Yes, well, I'm going to get some pudding.” She went around him, stopped, and turned back to him. “How is Lullia doing with this?”
 
Harry shrugged. “She's doing a lot better since Malfoy and I came to her room. She doesn't really want to leave her room, but I'm sure Malfoy will drag her out.”
 
“Oh, yes, Draco,” she muttered with wide eyes. A million thoughts looked like they were running through her head. “Funny how things work out. Well I'll see you at dinner Harry. Don't worry. Not everyone knows just yet.” Luna then walked into the Great Hall and towards her own table. She sat down at the end and began to grab her own food.
 
Harry looked back over his shoulder and wondered if Lullia and Malfoy were even close to the Great Hall. God, he hoped so. He just hoped that no one would notice Malfoy and Lullia sneaking in the back way and to their table. Maybe the plan would work…or maybe it wouldn't. He quickly checked the tables again and walked in towards Gryffindor.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
“C'mon Lullia! No one is going to find us!”
 
She quickly shook her head clinging to a pillar right before the portrait doorway. Draco had gotten her this far by pulling her, but now she held her ground and grip by the pillar. She wasn't going to move. Great. Harry was probably already being swarmed with people while he and Lullia were safely tucked away in her room.
 
“I changed my mind! Just go get Harry! I'd rather stay here. Thanks.”
 
Draco frowned crossing his arms. Why on earth Harry left him to drag Lullia down there was beyond him. He ran a hand through his snow white hair thinking then went back to crossing his arms. He thought of one affective way to get her out. There was probably no way of getting her out of this room.
 
“Lullia, please, it won't be that bad. I promise. I bet that they don't even notice Potter walking around. No one really does anyhow,” he muttered stepping closer to her. “Let's go.” He held out a hand towards her. Please take it so we can leave. Please.
 
She looked down at the hand and shook her head again. “No. I refuse to leave my room. I'm sure that if you two go alone you'll be fine and no one will assume that the paper is true!”
 
Draco rolled his eyes with his arm dropping to the side. “They'll think whatever they want whether or not we go together. Trust me, we'll be fine. If not, we can always change the situation.”
 
Lullia slightly frowned at the last part. Change what? She wasn't going to leave! “No. I'm not leaving my room until I know what's going on out there.”
 
Draco rolled his eyes and closed the distance between him and Lullia. In one swift move he picked her up and went to the portrait door. Lullia lightly struggled in his arms as he gripped her wrists and walked out of the room. Celina was already there to protest.
 
“You can't do that to her! Treat her like a lady!” she snapped.
 
Draco glanced back over his shoulder as he carried Lullia to the staircase. He then carefully placed her back on her feet and started down the stairs. When he saw her still standing up there he climbed back up, grabbed her hand, and gently pulled her down.
 
“You're more stubborn than a child,” he muttered. She walked down the stairs without any protest. “Plus you could always leave if it gets too bad here.”
 
“I can take care of myself. Thank you.”
 
Draco smirked. “I bet.”
 
They went the same way Harry had gone to get to the Great Hall. Luckily no one had seen them or if they had didn't reorganized Draco and Lullia holding hands. He was leading her and she was following him. Such love. As they neared the Great Hall they saw Luna walking out still holding the Prophet in her hands. She looked up and cocked her head to the side. Lullia smiled and waved at her.
 
“Luna hi! How are you?” asked Lullia.
 
Draco simply looked at Luna. He had seen her before but wouldn't be able to remember her name. Wasn't she one of Potter's friends?
 
Luna looked between Draco and Lullia. Draco then realized that he was still holding Lullia's small hand, quickly let go, and shoved his hands into his pockets. Luna's eyes then stopped on Lullia.
 
“Today is well. How are you doing? I didn't expect to see you out of your room so soon.”
 
“Me either,” she stated, honestly.
 
“I had to drag her out,” muttered Draco. “How are things in there?” He nodded towards the Great Hall.
 
“Oh, everything is going well. Lunch is really good today.”
 
“He meant about the Daily Prophet. Do a lot of people have it?”
 
“Oh, that. Yes,” muttered Luna taking another look back into the Great Hall. “Everyone has been reading it. There's a bet going on who you're going to pick.” She then looked at Draco. “You're loosing. Everyone is picking Harry or someone else. I know my money is in the right person.”
 
Draco raised an eyebrow; Lullia heavily sighed. “I'm loosing?” he muttered.
 
“Yes. Well enjoy lunch. No one has talked to Harry just yet, but I don't know what they'll do with you Lullia. They look pretty hungry for answers. Bye.” Luna then went the opposite direction, turned and disappeared.
 
Lullia then looked up at Draco terrified. She then tried to keep a very weak smile on her face. “Ha. You're loosing,” she said.
 
Draco shrugged. “They're going to eat you alive. Do you want me to go in first or would you rather go back to the room?”
 
Her smile disappeared. Now he was letting her go back to her room? She shook her head, took a deep breath, and peeked in. Everyone seemed to be looking towards or glancing over at Harry while they read the paper then over to the Slytherin table where the missing Draco and Lullia were suppose to be sitting.
 
Was it really worth sitting at the Slytherin table? She guessed if she sat with Harry that she'd be swarmed but with Draco….well, they'd stay away from him. Harry had looked so sad when he realized that she'd probably be safer sitting at Slytherin than at Gryffindor. The kids always picked on Harry whenever something happened, but never Draco.
 
She swallowed. “I think I'm ready. Should you go in first or-”
 
“Together. C'mon.”
 
Lullia nodded and they walked into the Great Hall together. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw almost everyone turn and look at her. They started to whisper back and forth. She looked at the Gryffindor table seeing that Harry and the others were prepared to jump up in case she was swarmed with people. Fred and George sweetly waved at her while Hermione gave her a look of pure sympathy. Ron was gazing around looking at everyone's reaction along with Neville. She swallowed hard again staring back at everyone.
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * *
 
 
Harry hadn't started to eat just yet. He had to wait and make sure that Lullia and Malfoy came to the Great Hall. If not, that meant Lullia had probably tried to lock herself in her room and had succeeded. He bit his lip catching glances and stares from people who had just been told or read about the situation. Even though Ginny and Neville were sitting farther down the table they still kept glancing up towards Harry then at the doors waiting for Lullia.
 
Potter vs. Malfoy: Who was going to win anyway?
 
Ron had barely eaten anything upon hearing the news and kept glancing towards the doors. Fred and George had a copy of the Prophet each and kept rereading it while slowly eating. Hermione hadn't touched her food as she also waited for Lullia and Malfoy.
 
“Maybe something happened,” muttered Hermione after fifteen minutes of waiting. “Maybe they were cornered by students.”
 
Ron gave Hermione a strange look. “Probably more like Lullia isn't leaving her room. I wouldn't.”
 
Harry now turned around towards the Slytherin table seeing no sign of Lullia or Malfoy in case they had snuck in. Blaise, Julia, and Zack simply sat there talking to one and other. Zack then ripped the paper from a first year Slytherin who then slunk away, afraid. He turned back around and saw John Marko directly staring at him. A copy of the Prophet was tightly gripped in his hands.
 
The only thing that came to mind was: Good. Maybe now he'll leave Lullia alone. She doesn't like you anyway.
 
Harry glanced over towards the doors once again and saw Luna stand and leave.
 
“Maybe you're right Hermione. Maybe they aren't coming,” said Harry.
 
Hermione now had lightly started to eat some bread. “I hope so. I understand if Lullia can't handle it, but she can't stay in there forever.” She paused thinking for a few minutes. “I almost feel sorry for Malfoy, too.”
 
Harry and Ron raised an eyebrow and gave Hermione a dirty, strange look. “Did you hit your head or something?” demanded Ron.
 
She quickly shook her head. “You left him up there with her. He has to drag her down here in the middle of lunch. You both should've walked her down. Plus if you also read the paper his parents might kill him since Rita uses direct quotes from them.”
 
“Oh, here she is,” said Fred. George now looked up seeing the scared Lullia, frozen in place, simply staring back at the Great Hall.
 
Harry could see almost everyone turning towards her. God he hated this so much.
 
“Poor girl,” said George. He and Fred then put on a smile and waved over at her.
 
Hermione gave her a sympathetic look. “She doesn't look too good, Harry. I think it might've been a bad idea to bring her down here this early.”
 
Ron had been gazing around the Great Hall also seeing the uniform motion of everyone turning to look at Lullia. Neville, sitting farther down, was also doing the same thing. “Wow. Harry everyone now knows,” he muttered. “This might turn out badly.”
 
Lullia didn't move when Malfoy kept walking towards the Slytherin table. He looked liked he was trying to get out of sight fast. Malfoy then realized that she wasn't following, turned, and gave her a light shake. She then looked up at him looking like she was going to cry. Malfoy was holding it together as he lightly pulled her towards the Slytherin table.
 
“I think it went fairly well,” muttered Ron now grabbing for some food. “They didn't swarm her like we thought they would.”
 
Harry turned around to watch Lullia and Malfoy. They sat down without any trouble. I guess the plan worked.
 
Hermione gave Ron a dirty/humored look. She simply shook her head, slightly smiling, and gazed over at Lullia and Malfoy.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Oh, shit. This was the worst idea in the world. I can't believe I didn't run when I had a chance! GOD I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!
 
“Hey!”
 
Lullia was then aware of Draco softly shaking her. She looked over at him with fear. His face hardened as he softly pulled her towards the Slytherin table.
 
“You can't just stand here like that,” he muttered. “You're going to draw attention to yourself like that.”
 
She wasn't fighting or anything, she just floated along with Draco to the Slytherin table. Lullia had turned white when some of the Slytherin girls shot her dirty looks. Maybe she shouldn't be safer at this table like they had thought. Draco sat her down next to Zack, in front of Blaise, and then he sat down on the other side of her. Zack softly patted her shoulder and she faintly looked at him. He had torn Daily Prophets in front of him in a pile. He had been trying to help like Draco had said.
 
“How are you doing?” he asked.
 
Lullia shrugged and idly looked forward. She could feel everyone's eyes on her back and started to hear the whispering about her. Julia then leaned toward Lullia. She let go of Blaise's hand to touch Lullia's cool one.
 
“I asked the Ravenclaws to be nice to you,” she muttered. “Most don't even care unless they like Harry or Draco.”
 
Blaise nodded in agreement. “I don't think anyone will bug you about it today.”
 
Draco reached across the table and grabbed some food. He dropped some onto Lullia's plate and nudged her with his elbow. “Start eating.”
 
“I don't think I can,” she whispered looking up at him. “Draco I want to leave. They're all looking at me.”
 
Draco glanced over his shoulder seeing girls and boys looking directly at her. Some were even fully turned around just looking while they held the Prophet in their hands. Well at least they weren't coming up to her just yet. She was dead white.
 
“Alright. Let's go,” he said and stood back up. Well at least nothing bad had happened.
 
Lullia stood up as Blaise, Zack and Julia looked at her with sympathy. Everyone was watching her with great interest. Zack then frowned as his eyes moved back towards the entrance of the Great Hall.
 
“Pansy at twelve o'clock. Lullia this time punch her.”
 
Lullia looked up to see Pansy, alone, just simply walked in gripping the Prophet and looked around. Her swollen, cried eyes stopped on Draco then on Lullia. She started walking towards the Slytherin table. Everyone who saw Pansy enter now watched to see if she would stir things up a bit. Draco stood in front of Lullia as Pansy stopped right before him, glaring at him.
 
This would be interesting. Lullia vs. Pansy: Round Two.
 
“You knew this entire time that you were engaged and didn't even tell me!” she hissed. Her fists were clenched tight by her sides; the paper was now crumpled in her hand. “I HATE YOU!”
 
What was he suppose to say?
 
Draco didn't say anything.
 
The side of his face was now stinging and he now saw Lullia lunged forward at Pansy. Pansy was shoved back, away from Draco. Zack now jumped back up again like last time. There was fast movement from the Gryffindor table.
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
“Lullia looks so scared and stiff even now,” said Hermione. She couldn't see the table behind her looking over at Lullia and Malfoy.
 
Ron turned around to look at the Hufflepuff table. They looked fairly calm as they gazed over to Slytherin. He turned back around and nodded. “Yeah. Granted they're just staring her down like a piece of meat.”
 
Hermione looked over her shoulder and frowned. She looked back at Harry who had turned back around to take a quick look at them. No one at Slytherin seemed to say anything to her except for Blaise, Julia, and Zack. He saw Malfoy making her a small plate of food and nudged her to eat. He turned back to Hermione and Ron.
 
“I think for dinner I'll bring her something,” he muttered. “She looks horrible just sitting there.”
 
“Not to mention her personal life is on every front page possible,” stated Ron. “I'd be a basket case.”
 
“You have no personal life,” said Hermione.
 
Ron had begun to fill his mouth with chicken. He simply shrugged it off as Fred and George now looked over at the doors.
 
“Don't look now Harry-”
 
“But Pansy is back for round two and she doesn't-”
 
“Look happy at all,” finished Fred.
 
Harry, Ron and Hermione now all looked towards the doors. Pansy stood there looking horribly upset. She scanned the Gryffindor table first, her swollen eyes rested on Harry then scanned the Slytherin table. Her eyes narrowed when she found Malfoy and Lullia sitting together. Harry quickly turned towards Lullia and Malfoy now seeing them stand and turn to look at Pansy.
 
“Oh shit,” muttered Harry. “This probably won't turn out well either.”
 
Harry then saw Pansy smack the side of Malfoy's face. It sounded like steel falling on ice. Malfoy looked stunned as Lullia quickly acted. She shoved Pansy back almost making her fall down to the ground. Harry then jumped up before anyone else could register and act on what just happened. Fred and George quickly stood up, but then slowly sat back down once they noticed Harry running. Harry darted over to the table, pulling out his wand, and stood by Lullia.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?” hissed Lullia. “All you ever do is hit people when it solves nothing!!!”
 
Harry was now at Lullia's side prepared for another fight. He gripped his own wand holding it down by his side. Everyone who didn't care or wasn't going to care now cared as they hoped a fight would break out. The last fight was so-so, but now, maybe this one would turn out better. They all seemed to be leaning towards the Slytherin table.
 
Pansy glared at Lullia. “What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you!? You choose two boys to marry and can't even pick one! You've ruined my relationship with one and you're ruining both their lives! Now you've publicly humiliated them for the rest of their lives!”
 
“Pansy shut up!” snapped Draco. He had come out of his daze from Pansy's slap. Does no one ever slap Potter around?
 
Lullia had gone a shade whiter than she already was. Her face crumbled as her forehead crinkled up and she took a step back towards Harry and Draco. Harry, Draco, and the other on lookers could've sworn Lullia would faint, but she stayed up on her own two feet. Guilt was written all over her face.
 
“I didn't want this for them,” said Lullia. “It's not my fault either! Blame Voldemort and my stupid parents for betrothing me to them. I didn't mean for this to happen. All I wanted to do is to just….just….”
 
Now she looked like she was going to cry. Tears were building up on her eyes and one spilled over. Harry then wrapped an arm around her shoulders and led her out of the Great Hall. She wrapped her arms around Harry as he led her out of the Great Hall. Hermione and Ron soon followed after them. Draco simply glared over at the on lookers then at Pansy. Zack then went after them and glanced back at Draco giving him the “don't do anything else to make this worse” look. Draco then left Pansy without saying anything and went after Harry and Lullia.
 
 
 
* * * * * *
Likes? Dislikes? I hope you enjoyed it! So what's going to happen now with everyone knowing the betrothed situation? What will Pansy and John now do? And who will Lullia choose? Keep reading!! Thanks!!!