Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

By the time Draco reached the corridor outside of the Great Hall he expected Lullia and Potter gone with Hermione and Ron just looking around. He nearly ran out seeing Hermione and Ron a little farther down the corridor near the end of it. Had Lullia and Potter made it that far back? Draco then saw Hermione crouched down by the corner and reached out. Ron shoved his hands into his pockets as he stared down.
 
Draco then ran down the corridor and stopped at the corner. He saw Lullia on the ground, curled up, gripping Harry, and crying. Harry had his arms tightly wrapped around her trying to calm her down. Hermione's hand was softly rubbing Lullia's back. Draco kneeled down and lightly touched her knee. Lullia opened a red eye, glanced over at him, and then returned back to Harry.
 
“P-Pansy was right,” she choked after a while.
 
They frowned at this. Ron was now sitting next to Hermione who sat on the other side of Lullia. Draco sat in front of Lullia even though she clung to Harry. For the past ten minutes Harry could feel his shirt becoming damp then somewhat wet. He didn't mind though as he held her tightly. Funny thing was though that it felt so right with her in his arms like this even though she was crying horribly.
 
“Don't you dare start to think that Pansy was right,” hissed Draco.
 
Harry, Ron and Hermione shot Draco a dirty look at this. Why did he have to sound so mean at a time like this? He didn't back down at all.
 
“She is though,” protested Lullia now glaring at him.
 
“No she isn't,” said Harry, shaking his head. “Nothing is your fault.”
 
Draco returned the glare, not backing down once again. Hermione and Ron were now at a lost.
 
“What did Pansy say?” asked Hermione.
 
Harry and Draco exchanged looks. How to sum this up for them?
 
“Pansy told her that she was ruining our lives by coming to Hogwarts,” stated Harry. He slowly began to rub Lullia's back. Draco then muttered something under his breath that no one caught nor wanted to know.
 
“That's pretty rude,” said Ron. “Did Pansy ever stop and think how many lives she's ruined?”
 
Lullia, half smiling, turned and softly grabbed Ron's hand. She had reached over Hermione and was finally out of Harry's arms. He now felt so empty as she squeezed Ron's and now Hermione's hands.
 
“You guys are truly wonderful to be around. Thank you.” She glanced over at Draco then back at Harry. “You two are also wonderful. Thank you again. Especially for not leaving me to the wolves.”
 
Harry gripped her tighter with his face hardening. Leaving her?
 
Never.
 
“Never,” said Harry. He glanced from Draco down to Lullia. Draco expression hadn't changed throughout this heart to heart.
 
Hermione sighed and stood up. “Harry why don't you and Draco take Lullia back to her room. Ron and I will grab us a few plates of food and meet you back in your room.”
 
Lullia nodded thanking her. Hermione then grabbed Ron's hand, helped him up, and they walked back into the Great Hall. Harry now looked back down at Lullia.
 
“Ready?” he asked.
 
She nodded and they stood up. They didn't say anything as they walked back up the direct path to her room. There wasn't really anything to say just now. Harry and Draco knew that there was nothing to say to her to make her feel any better. They knew that she felt horrible about everything so far. Lullia quickly said the password to Celina and told her that Hermione and Ron would be joining them shortly.
 
They walked through the portrait door and went directly to the couch. They were back where they had started. They sat down, sighed, and relaxed on the cushions. The couch where they waited to see how much more popular they would become.
 
Popular was an understatement. They were now famous.
 
“I'll be right back,” muttered Lullia and stood up. She climbed over Draco and went up to her room. She ran up the steps with her hair bouncing up and down as she went. Harry and Draco had watched her leave.
 
Harry and Draco now exchanged looks then looked back down at the floor. “She wasn't that much more safer at your table than at mine,” muttered Harry.
 
Draco rolled his eyes. “Keep telling yourself that. If she had gone to your table she would've be swarmed. Plus I got smacked instead of Lullia this time, so I think it went fairly well!”
 
“Yeah right. If she sat with me I could've protected her from Pansy. No Slytherins ever come to our table and I know for a fact that Pansy wouldn't of even thought of coming to Gryffindor.”
 
“Keep telling yourself that!” snapped Draco. “She punched Lullia on the first day and made a scene today. She's going to do whatever the hell she wants. Gryffindor doesn't stop everyone!”
 
Harry glared over at Draco. “Maybe you should get some better friends and then we wont have to worry about this!”
 
“Pansy isn't my friend,” he growled. “And my friends are perfectly fine, Potter. You don't even know them.”
 
“Yeah-well-so far they've screwed up everything!” he snapped. They were trying to finish their earlier fight of today on whose friends told who.
 
Now Harry and Draco were standing, glaring, and trying not to punch one and other. Tension was building up in the room.
 
The cat and mouse were fighting again.
 
“How did they screw up everything?! For all we know it could've been a Gryffindor to fuck up this situation. They usually are the ones that do fuck up everything every step of the way!”
 
Swing away.
 
Harry now swung at Draco's face and his knuckles crashed against his face. Draco could already feel it begin to swell up. Draco then returned a solid punch to Harry's side smacking his rib cage. That's going to bruise, was Harry's passing thought. Harry shoved him back with his left arm as his right arm held his side.
 
God that hurt.
 
Draco nearly fell backwards catching the coffee table before he fell completely down. Why does everyone punch me in the face?
 
Draco jumped back up and charged at Harry with his fist going towards Harry's body. Harry lunged towards Draco with his own fists about to fly, but he and Draco were then frozen in mid air. They couldn't move only stare at each other wondering what was going on.
 
Time had stopped for them.
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
 
 
Lullia had left Harry and Draco alone praying that they wouldn't fight. Throughout the year she'd noticed when she or someone else would leave them alone together they would either argue or fight one another. She dreadfully walked up the stairs to her room then flopped down on the bed. She needed a minute.
 
Or a year.
 
She buried her face in her arms and sighed. Even though Pansy had been right about Lullia's family ruining Harry and Draco's lives, she didn't feel like it was entirely her fault. Technically it was her parent's fault for not just deciding on one instead of two. God, why couldn't Mom and Dad just flipped a coin and choose?
 
Lullia knew that she'd never have an answer for that.
 
She guessed the Malfoys' pride would've been hurt if her parents had decided on Harry and not Draco. She then rolled onto her back and heard the soft chatter of Harry and Draco. They didn't sound like they were fighting, which was pure relief. She didn't think she could handle the Daily Prophet exposing everything, the student body staring, the small fight with Pansy, and her betrothed fighting.
 
She then heard “table” and “Pansy” being hissed from Harry. She then heard Draco's soft snapping voice retorting back at Harry. He said something about Lullia's first day of school and whatever the hell she wants to do.
 
Her minute was over.
 
Lullia sighed. They were fighting again. She sat up on her bed and pulled off her shoes. It looks like this minute has been cut short. She hopped off of the bed, left the room, and started to make her way down the stairs. That's when she heard Draco say, “How did they screw up everything?! For all we know it could've been a Gryffindor to fuck up this situation. They usually are the ones that do fuck up everything every step of the way!!”
 
That wasn't good at all. Shit, went through her head as she now raced down into the common room. She saw Harry swinging at Draco while Draco swung back. Lullia then felt overwhelmed for the entire day. This couldn't be happening. This had to a dream and the nightmare would soon end. She would wake up this morning, stretch out and not have her personal life exposed to the entire wizarding world. She would get up and have a nice, relaxing lunch with Harry and Draco.
 
She wasn't waking up.
 
Welcome back to the painful reality.
 
Lullia quickly pulled out her wand as Draco stood back up from catching himself on the coffee table. Harry still held his side and now they lunged for each other. She pointed at Harry and Draco and whispered, “Impedimenta!”
 
Harry and Draco then froze in mid-air. They looked like fighting statues with true feelings of hatred. Lullia shook her head feeling the tears beginning to form at the corners of her eyes. Don't you dare cry, she told herself. She walked over towards them frowning.
 
Pissed off.
 
She flicked her wand back towards her and Harry and Draco fell down to the ground. “Get out. You aren't helping,” she ordered.
 
Harry then stood up, shaking. “Lullia I'm not leaving you here by yourself,” protested Harry.
 
Draco kept his mouth shut as he pulled himself up onto the couch.
 
“I said get out,” she repeated. “After lunch and now this I would rather be alone than with you two. You can't even stop fighting for a minute. Now LEAVE!”
 
Lullia now pointed her wand at Harry and Draco. Her face had become red with a few tears running down her face. She was trying not to cry in front of them again. She then looked at Draco.
 
“Tell Hermione and Ron that I don't want to see them either.”
 
Harry was standing his ground. “I'm sorry Lullia, but I can't leave you here like this.”
 
“Wanna bet?” she whispered. Keep it together!
 
He then felt Draco's cold hand grasp his shoulder and pulled him towards the door. Harry looked at him and Draco simply shook his head. Harry staying wasn't going to work out at all.
 
“It's either she curses you and I drag you out or you walk out now,” he muttered.
 
Harry took one more hopeful glance at Lullia who still held her wand strong and still pointing at his head. He then stormed towards the door and Draco followed. They left Lullia alone and the portrait door closed.
 
Lullia dropped her wand and sat down on the floor. She then put her face into her hands and began to cry. Even at a time like this neither Harry or Draco could help her.