Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Coven of the Rose ❯ Chapter 02 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
DO NOT IN ANY WAY TAKE THIS STORY SERIOUSLY, IT'LL GIVE YOU A HEADACHE AND CAUSE SQUIRLS TO SPONTIANIOUSLY CUMBUST.

This is my version of a Harry Potter revenge fic, but after a couple of years in Azkaban he's not quite sane anymore. He has some sanity left, but it doesn't really affect him anymore. So a recap, Rita got hers and now lives in relative piece as she runs from the local dog population. Harry isn't letting something like morality get in the way of his revenge. ^_^

oooooooooo
Coven of the Rose
Chapter 02
By CRose
© 2006
oooooooooo

Sweat dripped down Minister Fudge's face as he sat behind his desk, deep in thought. His brown robes were in perfect condition and he had his bowler in his hands, slowly scrunching it up. One name was echoing through his head, Harry Potter. The brat that seemed to hold more political power in the palm of his hand than Fudge himself, even after struggling to grasp said power for nearly fifty years.

Two years ago he had taken the opportunity to remove the stain that was Harry Potter and had him tossed in prison. This time even Dumbledore had agreed with his actions, so it was quite easy to do. There was even evidence that he killed the Diggery kid to win the tournament. That large donation from Lucius Malfoy had also helped of course.

The only problem was that things had changed now. Potter had escaped from Azkaban Prison and seemed to have vanished off the face of the planet. Location spells were useless, the Aurors had failed to capture him after eight months of searching, and his counter part in the Department of Mysteries had laughed in his face when he requested help.

Two years of stories in the Daily Prophet had turned the magical population against Harry and he had even made some progress into getting the Muggle authorities to wonder if the rumors about the brat's early years were in fact true. He had this reputation around the neighborhood where he grew up that played right into his hands. The only little problem was that every bit of it was circumstantial.

He needed to find a way to pin an actual crime on the kid. Ever since his escape the people had been looking over their shoulders, wondering when Potter would strike. Fudge ground his teeth in frustration. Setting the kid up would be easy enough with a little help from Lucius, but that would still give the brat a chance to prove his innocence.

The crime had to be real…

"Ah, Cornelius, I was just thinking about you." Said a silky voice.

"Lucius, I was just thinking of you as well. I need to find a way to remove the Potter brat completely. Perhaps an exile." Fudge muttered, glancing at the blonde haired man in black and silver robes.

"Perhaps, but then again, dead men don't tell tales."

"I won't kill the kid, that would kill my carrier even faster than framing him." Fudge muttered, though he had a brief fantasy about hanging the brat from the roof of the Ministry. He didn't see Lucius smile at this though, or he would have been a bit more wary.

"I do have contacts among the families Cornelius; perhaps I can have them find a Hunter for you?"

"We've tried hunters already, they all failed. Potter's magical signature has altered in some weird way and it makes tracking him impossible."

"Not Aurors, but Hit Wizards who take care of problem for Dark Wizards."

Fudge paled a little and ignored the little tickle at the back of his mind. "That could work."

"Give me a week, I have a friend that knows this guy that will have Potter back here within a month. He's very good."

"Is he wanted?"

"No, he's never been captured before so you shouldn't have any record of him."

Fudge grinned. "Perfect, I want Potter alive, but broken when he's brought in. The brat needs to learn his place in this world, even if we have to beat it into him."

Lucius smiled as he bowed his head and left the office just as a shudder went through the whole building. He stopped just as Fudge ran out of his office and looked around. A bit of dust rained down on the two of them.

"What the hell was that?"

The building shook again causing Fudge to pale and look around nervously. "Is this your doing Lucius?"

"No." The man said, looking as cold and as he was calm.

"Minister!" Percy Weasley yelled as he ran over to them. "Minister, something strange is happening down in the entrance hall. Some kind of magic wave just shoved everyone to the walls."

"Then get rid of it!" Fudge yelled.

"The Aurors are trying to do that, but they can't even get past this shield that’s holding everyone in place."

Snarling, Fudge stalked down the hall, angrily placing his bowler on his head. Percy followed after him and a few minutes later Fudge reached the ground floor and looked around at the panicked people. He spotted Kingsley Shaklebolt and waved him over.

The whole entrance area seemed to be surrounded by some kind of blue dome of magic. He spotted about thirty people shoved up against the walls struggling against some unseen force. The magic in the air was so thick that even Fudge could tell that there was a massive amount of power being used.

He moved forward to get a closer look when Kingsley grabbed him by the arm. "Bad idea minister, three of my men are already at St. Mungos because they to close."

Fudge nodded, paling a little more. "What is this thing?"

"Someone set up an Aegis Shield. There also seems to be a great deal of magic building up within the room itself. We aren't sure what, but it might be a good idea to evacuate the building."

Bristling, Fudge glared at the auror. "I'll do no such thing. Just dispel the stupid thing and get this situation under control!"

"Sir, an Aegis Shield can't just be dispelled. They are some of the most complex shields ever created. It could take us months to get it down and even then several people might be hurt."

"I don't want your excuses! Get it down by the end of the day or I'll fire you!"

Kingsley starred down at the shorter man coldly. "Yes…"

Then the whole building shuddered again, this time for several seconds and the blue shield seemed to ripple. It casually reached out and grabbed Fudge, dragged him into the room before he could say or do anything, and tossed him in the fountain.

Percy could only stand there and gape, as the whole room seemed to shimmer within the shield. Marble and tile seemed to change and bulge outward. Fudge screamed in fear as the bulges suddenly spit out about a dozen bodies dressed in black robes and white masks.

The trapped employees suddenly found that they could move and made a run for the closest exit. Screamed filled the entrance hall as people started to panic as they realized who the people in black robes were.

"Death Eaters!" Kingsley yelled. "We need to get through the shie…"

Every employee of the Ministry at the scene could only gawk as a twenty-foot version of Harry appeared out of nowhere, standing over the Death Eaters. Fiery green eyes glared down at Fudge as he surfaced belly up in the fountain.

"FUUUDGE!"

"Potter…" The Minister squeaked.

"I BROUGHT YOU A LITTLE PRESENT. YOUR ISOLATED LITTLE WORLD NEEDS SOME BAD GUYS AFTER ALL." Harry said, leaning down to pat Fudge on the head, driving the man to his knees. "NOW LISTEN CLOSE, WE ALL KNOW HOW THICK YOUR SKULL IS."

Several people snickered.

Harry knelt down and pointed at one of the unconscious men. "THIS IS A DEATH EATER, SAY IT SLOWLY NOW, DEEEAAATTTHHH EEEAAATTTEEERRR! THEY MURDER LITTLE CHILDREN AND ANYONE ELSE THAT THEY WANT! NOW SAY IT AGAIN, DEEEAAATTTHHH EEEAAATTTEEERRR!"

In the background, an entire wall suddenly wavered and a picture appeared of a dozen Death Eaters attacking a home. It was quite graphic as the wife, who was under an imperious curse, castrated her husband. Then molested her own ten year old son before slitting his throat and gave herself to everyone of the Death Eaters.

"THIS IS WHO YOU SUPPORT? PUREBLOODS THAT COMMIT THAT KIND OF ACT AND YOU'RE WILLING TO SIT BACK AND LET THEM? ALL FOR A FEW GALLEONS?" Harry asked, sounding sick. The image behind him changed and broadcast his conversation with Lucius just minutes before.

"You little piece of shit! I'll kill you with my bare hands!" Fudge screamed, completely loosing control.

Harry reached down and lifted the man off the floor, laid him across his knee, and proceeded to disrobe the minister. Then to the shock of everyone watching, started to spank the minister in full view of fifty reporters who just happened to be on hand for the incident.

Grinning, Harry tossed Fudge back into the fountain. "NOW THAT I'M DONE HERE, I TRULY HOPE YOU'VE LEARNED YOUR LESSON, OR I'LL BE BACK AND NEXT TIME I'LL DO MORE THAN SPANK YOU. NEXT TIME I'LL USE SOAP TO CLEAN YOUR DIRTY MOUTH OUT."

The whole room wavered and the shield went down. The twenty-foot Harry Potter threw its head back and laughed manically. So loud that it echoed around the building and scared people for blocks around. As the illusion slowly vanished, Kingsley could only gape at it in shock.

Whatever had happened to Potter while in prison had driven the poor kid mad. There were certain people that weren't going to like this turn of events at all, especially Albus Dumbledore. On the other hand, seeing Fudge spanked like that had made his day all over again. He started issuing orders to secure the area and to figure out how Potter had accomplished it.

oooooooooo

Eight months of training in his little cave without being held back by teachers and other students allowed Harry to dramatically increases his spell knowledge. His library seemed to have any book he could ever want, though he still hasn't accessed the Book of Knowledge just yet.

He giggled as he returned to his new home, fed his snaked, and exchanged a couple of dirty jokes with them. The little slithery devils knew some really dirty ones too. Dusting off his robes, he went and took a bath. Touching Fudge made him feel unclean and just a little slimy. Though that just might be because the man was soaked from the fountain, but he doubted it.

The last few months had brought about many changes as Harry moved to set his plan into motion. The wizarding world revered him as some kind of hero, but they turned on him at the drop of a hat. There was no way he would fight for them anymore. If Voldemort would just take over and let things settle down without killing everyone Harry just might have let him, but the man was out to kill everything that lived.

Shaking his head, he disrobed and hopped in the tub. He seemed to think of his best plans in the tub. Rita's little dog problem has been a spur of the moment idea that worked out quite well. Even now she stunned any dog she came across. His spell wouldn’t wear off until she started treating people with respect, something he knew she would never do.

So the dogs would always be after her. He started laughing just thinking about it. After that he did a quick foray into the Muggle world and spent a couple of weeks gathering potion supplies and relaxing on a random beach. His health quickly returned after several days of good food as well. He even met a few girls, though nothing happened relationship wise.

That kind of stuff would have to wait until he could get his hands on whip cream and peanut butter. That's what you did with girls after all. He nodded to himself. He focused on his latest bit of revenge on Fudge. Now that he thought about it he really should have done more to the moron, his skull was to thick to take his subtle hint.

Perhaps he should focus on some of the other Ministry employees. There was on person on Fudges staff that really need a visit and that was Delores Umbridge. Of all the people he had met, she pissed him off just by existing. Though after Fudge she just might be on guard against an attack, so he would have to wait a while to get her.

He would have to focus on someone else for a while. As he got out of the tub, he put on a fluffy robe, one provided by the room, and walked down to the bedroom. After eight months and some careful study, he was able to sew his own robes and enchant them any way he wanted. His bright green battle robe was nice, but it was missing that certain something that would strike fear into his vitims.

Harry knew something would come to him eventually so he moved over to the bed where five snakes were sleeping on the bed. He wasn't sure where they were coming from, but a couple more showed up every few days. Right now he figured there were about two dozen snakes in his hide out and they were all as weird as the first two that showed him the place.

After getting dressed in jeans and a tight t-shirt, Harry headed back to the library. His next victim needed to be someone that wouldn't ever forget what was going to do to him.

oooooooooo

It was a very nervous group of people that crowded had gathered in the shrieking shack. The Order of the Phoenix used to gather in the Sirius' house at Grimauld Place, but that site was compromised when Harry escaped from prison. Albus' hands shook as he waited for the rest of the order to show up. He had never considered what Azkaban would do to Harry, just the end result, and now he was reaping the rewards of his actions.

This was only a meeting of Dumbledore's most trusted agents. The Weasleys, Severus Snape, Kingsley, and several others. All of them were looking at Kingsley's report of the incident at the Ministry in shock and amusement. At first most of them thought it was quite fitting for the git to be treated like that, but then they thought about it a little more and realized that it could mean so much more.

Albus looked out over the group. "Harry Potter has struck for the first time since he escaped from prison."

"He certainly chose an interesting way to show himself." Tonks said. She was still snickering a little. "We still haven't figured out how he did it though. There are wards up all around the building to protect the people. We can't even figure out how he got into the building."

Snape snorted. "The wards around the Ministry aren't maintained. He walked through the front door and got his daily dose of attention."

"Albus, what are we going to do. Your plan didn't work when you had the boy sent to Azkaban and he's suffered in there for over two years. It's well known that the inmates of Azkaban eventually go insane. We have to help him." Mrs. Weasley snapped. She had only gone along with the plan because Albus said it would work and Harry wouldn't be in there for longer than a week.

"The brat got what he deserved." Snape crowed. "He finally earned the punishment he's been asking for all this time. I say have him Kissed by the Dementors and toss the corpse in a hole. He's more useful dead than alive."

"Now, now Severus, Harry went to Azkaban to set a trap. If he's not there, then the trap can't be set off." Albus said evenly.

"That Trap of yours was supposed to happen within the first couple of weeks Albus." Alistair said. "The boy should have been removed within the first six months."

Albus shook his head. "No, he needs to go back and wait. He was well aware of what he needed to do. Tom will eventually attack Azkaban and Harry needs to be there."

"We need to find him and help him!" Molly yelled. "This plan of yours is too risky and its failed completely. Harry's sanity is in question now that he escaped. We can think of something else to do."

"No." Albus said. The word carrying throughout the room. "Harry must stay there."

Ron, who was sitting at the back with the rest of his family stood up. "Sir, Harry won't just go back, you know his stubborn streak…"

"Indeed I do, and that's why we must send him back there."

"What about his emotional and mental state?" Hermione asked. She was a member, but had never agreed with what Harry had to suffer through.

"Harry will be perfectly fine." Albus said, his voice calm.

Hermione glared at him. "How can that be? He's already publicly embarrassed Fudge and Mad Eye thinks that Harry is the one that attacked Rita Skitter as well. Harry is not well, he's obviously delusional."

"The plan can still work, all we have to do is wait for Tom to attack him at Azkaban and we can seal the trap."

"You've never explained what we need to do Albus." Remus said. He agreed with Hermione, but didn't want say so aloud.

"I can't explain more at the moment. We must keep the security tight around this information."

Half the room sighed; they were very used to being kept in the dark and working with little to no information. Hermione shook her head as she stood up, tossed several things down in front of Dumbledore. "I can't work for the Order anymore if this is what you think needs to be done. Harry's life is important and you're endangering it needlessly."

She spun around and stalked out of the room. Dumbledore watched her go with a weird twinkle in his eye, before turning back to the rest of the group. "The plan will work with a minimum loss of life. Harry was ready to defeat Tom two years ago. They just need to meet each other."

Off to the side Snape rolled his eyes. As far as he was aware, the Dark Lord had decided to let the Potter brat rot for a couple of decades in prison for defying him. His escape had actually made a number of the Dark Lord's followers excited as they picked up on their master's emotions.

"Alistair, were you able to determine if Mrs. Skitter was truly pranked by Mr. Potter?"

"No, she didn't see who did it, but she threatened to kill any dog that would dare to come within ten yards of her. It seems they made a lasting…impression on her."

Several people in the room snickered.

"Interesting. What is Harry thinking?"

The meeting moved onto lesser matters after that, but several of them couldn't stop thinking of the boy.

oooooooooo

Beneath the floorboards of the Shrieking shack a pair of snakes listened to the whole meeting and a charm relayed the information back to Harry as he finished making lunch. He thanked the snakes and cast a quick spell that gave each of them a small mouse to eat.

Now how a snake, which doesn't have ears, could hear what was being said is a mystery, but they did so. Personally, the author thinks that it was a charm, but that's just me. Of course it could be that they are magical snakes…Hmm…

oooooooooo

To Be Continued...

Note: Well, this chapter isn't to long, but the next victim has been taken down and people are starting to wonder about Harry. Really wonder if sending to Azkaban was the right thing to do after all.