Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dancing Elements ❯ Façade ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Harry Potter. I do not make a profit off of this fanfiction.
 
Summary: Betrayed, alone, and lost, Harry finds himself stuck in an awkward relationship with a Malfoy, friends gone. But when a mysterious girl and four new guards come into the picture, Harry finds his hands full with responsibilities and questions. And who are these new guards exactly? A new trick devised by Voldemort? Dumbledore? Or are they the spies of another group? One thing's for sure, this year hasn't even started and already Harry's hating it. Pairings are Harry/Draco, Sesshomaru/Kagome, Silas/Inyx, and Elliot/Vira
 
Façade
 

 
Harry sighed for what felt to be the millionth time that summer. Oh, and what a summer it was.
 
The moment he passed through the wall that led to King's Cross Station, he knew that that summer would be an interesting one indeed. Of course, at that moment he had no idea how right he was.
 
“Bye, Harry, Ron. I'll make sure to write to you as much as possible. And, Harry, do be careful. Now that You-Know-Who is back, you're in more danger than ever before. His army is growing, and Dumbledore is going to be even stricter about your safety.”
 
Harry silently looked at Hermione, eyes portraying a false anxiety. Inside, however, he was not as nervous as he probably should have been. No, the only thing on his mind was the betrayal. His friends' betrayal.
 
Harry was no idiot. He was very much aware of what Ron and Hermione were ordered and paid to do. And, at first, it had cut deep. His two best friends, his first friends, had betrayed him. After all that they had been through. After all the secrets Harry had ever told them. And it didn't change a thing. No matter how much he tried.
 
He first realized it when he was in his first year, waiting to enter the Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony. He had been talking to Ron, although it was quite apparent that Ron was not listening to him. No, his eyes were fixated on something or someone just beyond the point of his shoulder.
 
Mustering all of his experience from his eleven years at the Dursley's, Harry slowly turned to face the doors, and shifted his eyes to where Ron was looking. It came as quite a shock to Harry when he found that Ron was looking at Hermione, the very same girl he had called a know-it-all, and that she too was looking discretely back at Ron.
 
It was like they were trying to communicate with each other using their eyes. He saw Ron make a small, almost nonexistent, gesture to Harry himself, and then nod. Hermione had let the briefest of smirks adorn her face before it disappeared when she realized that Harry was looking. However, he just smiled like he had no idea what had just gone on between her and Ron, and she returned the gesture.
 
When Harry had been sitting on the stool being sorted, he convinced himself that Ron and Hermione were his friends and that he should trust them. Which is why he had said no to Slytherin. Of course, that was very obviously not the only reason. He had already made friends with Ron, and it was quite obvious that Draco did not like any of the Weasley's.
 
Oh, how he wished he could go back in time and tell himself to say no to Gryffindor instead.
 
Harry raised an eyebrow, and said coolly, “Of course.”
 
He inclined his head to the both of them, and walked over to Vernon Dursley, his muggle uncle, who was waiting for him at the edge of the station as to make sure he wasn't near any `freaks'.
 
Unfortunately, Harry knew that his attitude would not dissuade Ron and Hermione from him. They would probably blame it on the death of his godfather, Sirius Black, and nerves, still thinking that he was just a young, naive, and innocent little boy that knew nothing about the wizarding world besides what they and Dumbledore had told him.
 
Harry chuckled, Malfoy's trademark smirk creeping on his face.
 
What a surprise it would be to the both of them if they found out that he had read every book in the restricted section of the library, and three fourths of the library itself. What a surprise it would be to all of the professors if they knew that he was capable of O's in every class. What a shock it would be to Snape if he found out that not only was Potions his favorite class but that it was also his best subject. Oh, and what a disappointment it would be to the whole Wizarding world if they found out that the Boy-Who-Lived, the golden boy, savior of the wizarding world, was gay.
 
“Hurry it up, boy. We haven't got all day,” Vernon, Harry's uncle, snarled, his face turning a very ugly shade of purple.
 
Harry knew that if he wanted to survive the summer, he would have to be that innocent, naïve, young little boy that he despised so very much. So with a sigh, Harry put on his least favorite mask, and walked up to the only family he had left.
 

 
Dear Harry,
 
Sorry we haven't been able to write to you in the last month. Ron and I are back at Snuffle's, so we're a bit busy. Also, I know your birthday's today, but we haven't been able to get out of the house so I'm afraid that you'll have to wait until we get back to Hogwart's. Well, I guess that's about it. I hope you're having a fun summer!
 
Love,
Hermione & Ron
 
P.S. I'm putting this last because I knew it would upset you. Professor Dumbledore thinks it would be best if you staid at your uncle's house for the rest of summer because it's safer there. See you on the train!
 
Harry crumpled up the paper and threw it in the old metal garbage can he had by his bed. He gave the owl a treat, and watched it fly out the window and into the pitch black night sky.
 
CHIRP CHIRP
 
The brunette sighed, and walked over to his own owl, Hedwig, and opened the cage door, watching as she, too, flew off into the night.
 
Harry ran his hand through his hair, a habit he had gotten into over the years whenever he was tired. Tired of his `friends', tired of the Headmaster, tired of his complicated and overall death filled life.
 
He slowly walked to his bed, and collapsed on it, all of a sudden feeling very dizzy and disoriented. His ceiling seemed to be spinning in front of his eyes, and his head felt like it was about to split open. A spasm of pain shook his body and he let out a silent scream. A second wave of pain caused his back to lift from its place on his bed, and he leant back his head until he was staring at the back wall. Harry felt like his bones were being taken apart by the joints, and then put back together in different arrangements. As the third wave of pain rippled through his body, he grabbed fistfuls of the mattress, and kicked out as if trying to fight off some invisible enemy. His whole body shook with the effort to drive the pain out of his body. And then, finally, the pain receded to a dull ache, and sleep overcame the exhausted now 16-year-old boy. The moment Harry drifted off his digital clock blinked 12:01 in bright neon red numbers.
 

 
© 2008 Inyx Dawn