Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dancing Elements ❯ Miscellaneous Memories ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Harry Potter. I do not make a profit off of this fanfiction.
 
Summary: Betrayed, alone, and lost, Harry finds himself stuck in an awkward relationship with a Malfoy, friends gone. But when a mysterious girl and four new guards come into the picture, Harry finds his hands full with responsibilities and questions. And who are these new guards exactly? A new trick devised by Voldemort? Dumbledore? Or are they the spies of another group? One thing's for sure, this year hasn't even started and already Harry's hating it. Pairings are Harry/Draco, Sesshomaru/Kagome, Silas/Inyx, and Elliot/Vira
 
Miscellaneous Memories

 
Harry must have tried to focus on the journals pages for hours before finally giving up. Whatever had happened in Flourish and Blotts was obviously his imagination. The words would not reword themselves in English, and so maintained their other worldly text.
 
The boy gazed up at the ceiling, lazily tracing patterns with his eyes until he heard a slight rustle.
 
Twisting his body so that he was facing the desk, Harry watched as the journals pages flipped over and over.
 
He quickly scrambled out of bed, rushing to the book just in time to get sucked into its crisp pages.
 

 
It was nothing like being in Tom Riddle's diary, which had leeched off a dangerous sort of aura. No, this journal he was in, whose owner he was still unsure of, while not presenting an evil air, did not produce a good one either. But not exactly neutral as one would expect.
 
“Vira, may I have a word?”
 
Harry spun around at the sound. There stood, in front of the Great Hall doors, two young woman; perhaps only a few years older than himself if not the same age.
 
The woman who had spoken seemed to be approximately six or so inches shorter than his own height. Her ebony hair cascaded down her back until it reached her ankles; the tips varying from a metallic pink, purple, and silver. However, the tips of the bangs that framed her face were a dark magenta.
 
From his viewpoint, he could just see a tattoo on her forehead and stripes on her cheeks. But his position wasn't good enough for him to make out any colors or shapes. There also seemed to be one on the woman's right hand, but, once again, he couldn't make out what it was.
 
She was wearing strange clothes, something that looked at least a thousand years old. Replacing what should have been a cloak was an ankle length untied black and silver kimono. The kimono as a whole was a dark ebony and the edges were two inches of metallic silver. There were other designs but he was too far away to see them. He could just make out a pair of black boots but, otherwise, the rest of the ensemble was a mystery to him.
The other woman - whose name seemed to be Vira - was around the same height as the other, maybe a little shorter. She had waist length wavy strawberry blonde hair in layers, and it looked as if the tips were silver.
This woman also possessed a tattoo on her forehead and cheeks, but there wasn't one on her hand as far as he could tell.
She was wearing a gold silk robe with black lining, but other than that, he could only see a pair of black high heeled boots.
“Yes, of course. Will my quarters suit?” Vira asked.
The unnamed woman smiled politely, nodded, and responded,“That will be just fine. If we may?”
Vira inclined her head and elegantly motioned for the other to follow.
The woman did so, walking with an inhuman grace. And right behind her was Harry.

Vira took a seat in a stiff looking arm chair while the other woman placed herself on the onyx couch.
“Would you like some tea, Inyx?” Vira asked.
The woman, Inyx, shook her head. “No, thank you. Actually, I would like to ask you something.”
 
Vira crossed her legs and rested her hands on her knees. “Alright, what is it you are asking?”
Inyx narrowed her eyes at the woman. “Has your mother let slip any important visions that Silas's mother might have had recently?”
Vira tilted her head, a quizzical look overcoming her face. “No, she has not. Why, has something happened?”
Inyx stood up and, with one last smile in Vira's direction, walked towards the door. “Oh, not yet it has not,” she responded quietly.

 
Harry flew into the wall above his bed, slowly slipping down into the creaky mattress as he groaned.
 
“I need coffee,” he murmured, crawling off of the bed and heading out the door and into Diagon Alley.
 
He quickly reached a slightly crowded café, and ordered a grande decaf coffee. While he waited for his hot drink, Harry pondered the memory he had just been privileged to.
 
`Why do I feel like I should know those names?' he mused to himself.
 
His order soon came, but he was no closer to an answer for his own question. Deciding that he would save the memory for later, Harry headed out the door, coffee finished with the money on the table, and he strolled to the exit.
 

 
Walking back through the gate way that separated the wizarding world from muggle London, Harry pinched between his eyes to relieve himself of the headache he felt coming. But as his eyes were closed, he accidentally bumped into someone; someone, he soon realized, he would have given anything to avoid.
 
Harry bared his teeth in a snarl. “Malfoy…”
 
Draco's smirk quickly turned into a sneer, and he growled, “Hello, Potter.”
 

 
© 2008 Inyx Dawn