Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7
"And I should have expected that rude manner of yours when we came." she snapped back, then she took off her hood. She was very pretty with beautiful white golden hair and rosy lips. Hermione thought about it, but it couldn't be. "Her skin is the color of a human, unless..."
Snape smirked at her. She smiled back. The man finally interrupted their stares. "Okay we need to go," he said. Snape nodded and looked at the two teenagers. "Get in." he ordered and they quickly followed. Draco opened the carriage door and got in first.
Hermione assumed that Draco was going to help her up, but he never did. He just sat there. Hermione was confused. Just a few days ago, he was helping her off of horses and now he won't even talk to her let alone help her.
"Ms. Granger, we're waiting for you." Snape said who was behind her waiting for her to get in. "Oh err-sorry." she said and got in. She sat down next to Draco. She felt really sad because after she sat down, he moved over a little, Hermione guessed to get away from her.
When Snape got in and he closed the door, the carriage started moving. No one said one word the entire trip. Hermione thought that this forest was something from a scary book. She couldn't understand how Victor always bragged about it. She looked out the window. It was dark, cold and deserted. She couldn't see one single light except for the light the carriage was carrying. All of a sudden, all the trees seemed to disappear. It came to a clearing where all Hermione could see was a flat area with grass. The sun glowed behind the beautiful mountains in the background. It must have been the trees that made it look so dark. Now she could see why he bragged.
Hermione then set her sights on an old ruin that they where passing. Besides the ruins and the sunset, nothing caught Hermione's eye until they came up to a huge Manor. It was very gothic and very daunting. Hermione prayed that that wasn't where they where they were going, but they weren't answered.
The carriage started pulling up to the Manor, Hermione scared out her wits. Then they came to a sudden stop in front of the Manor.
"Welcome to my domain." Snape said looking at Hermione's scared face and then smirking.
Draco looked at the manor. It wasn't as big as his house. Snape opened the door and got out. Hermione hesitated, but soon got out herself. Draco followed behind.
Snape walked away to the large manor. Draco saw the man and woman jump off the seats onto the ground. The woman walked over to the two. "Hello. I'm sorry if we weren't properly introduced. "My name is Rielly and this here is Tori,” she said nodding towards, the man who was leaning on the carriage, grinning. He waved. Draco saw Hermione wave nervously back to him.
"Pleased to meet you. I'm Hermione and this is Draco." Hermione said.
Then a gust of wind blew by them. Both Hermione and Draco started to shiver. "Oh I forgot that you aren't wearing anything warm." looking at Hermione and Draco. "At least you got here in enough time to feel it at it's highest."
"Highest? It feels like its 45 degrees!" Hermione said covering her arms to keep warm.
"You're close. It's 41 degrees." Tori said. He looked at Draco.
"Draco isn't it?" Draco nodded.
"Hear take my cloak. I don't need it. It feels great today." He said and took off his robe and drew it at Draco. He caught it but almost feel over in surprise of the weight. Inside of the cloak there was very thick and heavy fur. Once he came over his surprise, he put on the cloak.
"Thanks." Draco said. He felt much warmer. "Here Hermione. You can use my cloak." She said and put it on Hermione. Draco saw Hermione stumble a little once Rielly put on the cloak. "Thanks." Hermione was after she got her balance back.
"Come on let's go inside." Rielly said and started walking towards the door. Hermione and Draco followed her. "I'll be there in a minute. I'm gonna put the horses away until we leave. Rielly nodded and then headed for the door followed by Hermione and Draco.
When Hermione stepped into the Manor, she was overwhelmed by the size. It was huge.
"So you finally decided to come in." Hermione turned around in surprise hearing Snape's voice. She had forgotten about him.
"Relax Severus. It was my fault." Rielly said back to Snape. Hermione was relieved that Rielly said something. She really didn't feel like explaining anything to Snape. He turned around.
"Follow me to your rooms." he said and then walked forward to large staircases. Hermione followed Snape. Draco he followed as well.
They walked past many doors, Hermione curious to know what was inside them all. They finally stopped at one of the doors.
"This is where you'll be staying at Ms. Granger."
He opened the door. It was a big room with a King sized canapé bed neatly made. The room had a vanity set, a lot of beautiful handcrafted dressers and a large working desk. At the top of the ceiling, there was a beautiful crystal chandelier, which bounced off pretty colors now and then.
"Wow." was all that Hermione could say. "You'll find that your things are already here."
"Thank you." Hermione said. Snape said nothing back.
"Come on Draco; let's go to your room." Snape said and closed the door.
Hermione felt a little strange in the big room. She decided to check where Draco was staying. She opened the door quietly and poked her head out. It would have made more sense just to walk out and not sneak around but this more fun. She saw the two standing in front of a door a few doors down across from her. They seemed to be in a conversation, but Hermione couldn't hear.
She put her head back in the room, once she saw that Snape and Draco were heading her way. They went past her door and walked down the stairs.
"That's funny. I wonder where they're going," she said to herself. She had such a great urge to follow them. When she couldn't help it anymore, she walked out her room and quietly stepped down the stairs making sure no one heard her.
She followed them to what seemed like a study room. Rielly and Tori were already inside. Once Draco was in Snape went in and then closed the door. Hermione walked quietly to the door and pressed her ear to it to hear what they were saying. Rielly was sitting, legs crossed, on a large desk covered with books. Torus was leaning on a wall.
"Where's Hermione?" she asked looking at Snape and Draco.
"She can't come. I didn't tell her yet." Draco said taking a seat that was at the desk.
"What! You didn't tell her? How are Tori and I supposed to help her now if she doesn't know?" Rielly said a little louder than she needed to.
"Hush you're she's going to hear you." Snape said.
"What are we suppose to do now? We need to teach her how to control her powers." Tori asked.
"Look I'll try to talk to her and tell her. Okay?" Draco said not looking at any one. Rielly looked at him and sighed.
"Fine. It's not your fault. Besides, the other two aren't on our side any more." Draco looked at her curiously.
"What do you mean?"
"There were four of us who where to teach Hermione how to control he powers, but the dark Lord poisoned their young minds and now they serve him. It's really quite sad. Aurora and Eric are so young, but very powerful. They where fooled by that evil man." Rielly said looking quite sad.
"Aurora and Eric! They're one as well?" Draco asked.
"Do you know them?"
Draco nodded. "I knew them for a while now. They were supporters of the Dark Lord. That's how I met them." Tori shook his head.
"So they had been supporters for a while. How could we be so blind and not see."
"Well can't you just teach her everything else?" Draco asked looking at Tori and Rielly. "I'm afraid not. We can only teach half of her powers. Only Eric and Aurora can teach her the other half. That is unless she taps into her full powers."
"Well it hap-." Draco was cut off by Rielly.
"Shhhhh." she said quietly, then closed her eyes. She opened them again and smiled. "I'll be right back."
"What did you see Rielly?" Snape asked. She jumped off the desk and walked to the door. She didn't answer him. Instead she opened the door quickly enough for her to get out and so that no body would see Hermione kneeling at the door.
"Hello Hermione." Rielly said, smiling at Hermione who fell to the floor in surprise.
"Um...I was j-just um..." But Rielly cut in. "I know what you were doing."
"Sorry." Hermione said as she got up.
Rielly grabbed her arm and move away from the door. "It's alright. I'm not mad but I must ask you to forget everything you heard until Draco speaks with you. You understand?" Hermione nodded. "Alright I think you should go back upstairs. Before Severus comes out here."
Hermione nodded again and ran up the stairs back into her room.
When she got in her room, she closed the door and put her back against it. Her heart was pounding hard. Her head spinning, taking in everything that she heard. This was it. She was getting closer to know what was going on. Soon she would know every single detail.

The next morning Hermione got up very early. She couldn't sleep. There were so many thoughts in her head. She opened the curtains and watched the beautiful sun rise. Then it started snowing very lightly. She sighed at the beautiful view.
Then she heard a knock on the door.
"Come in." She called.
Opening the door was Snape. Hermione grew tense and nervous at the sight of him. "H-hello Professor Snape." Hermione said nervously. Then she noticed a lot of books and papers in his hand.
Snape walked over to the desk and put the things down. "What's all this." Hermione asked looking at the books on the table.
"Well since your house brunt down along with your belongings, I assume that your summer Homework was brunt as well."
Hermione knew where this was going she wished that she were somewhere else. "None of your other teachers wanted to give you any more homework because they pity you. I am not like other teachers Ms. Granger." he smirked.
"I would be unfair for one student to miss out on homework because of a little accident. That is why, Ms. Granger, I have given you your summer homework now."
Hermione had her mouth opened up wide in disbelief.
"What! There's only two more weeks until school starts. The last assignment you gave me took a month to finish!" He turned around and opened the door.
"Not my problem." He said and then walked out.
Hermione was so angry. She felt like throwing one of those books at him. "Oh. I hate him so much!" Hermione said through her teeth trying to keep herself calm.
Her mother always told her that the word hate was to be taken likely and that it should be saved for almost three people and Hermione knew that Snape was definitely one of them. Voldemort was another one. She hadn't found the last person yet.
After Hermione calmed down, she took a shower and then changed into her clothes. Hermione stared at the pile of books and paper. She was never gonna finish in two weeks. Then she had an idea.
"I've been hanging out with probably the best student in potion class. I'll just go ask Draco." she walked down the hall to Draco's room.
She knocked on the door. There was no answer. She knocked again. Still no answer. "It's almost eight o'clock. He's probably not up yet. I'll just come back later." Hermione said to herself. Hermione looked around.
"I think I'll go explore a bit." she walked all around the manor. Looking at the pictures in the hallway and sometimes looking into rooms that caught her attention. Some doors she tried to open either were locked or shocked to her when she put her hand on the knob, which were most of them. She assumed that Snape didn't want her in those rooms.
While she was walking, she came across double doors, one being cracked just a little where Hermione could see inside. She peeped inside. The first thing she saw was books on a shelf, but then she saw the outline of a person, it looked like a man.
She opened the door even more, when it creaked. The person must have heard it because as soon as she did it, the person turned around, revealing the face of Draco.
They stared at each other for a while then Hermione put on a smile.
"Good morning Draco. I thought you where sleep. I wanted to ask you a favor." He didn't react in such a speed that you would think he was willing to help. It was as if he was thinking about it.
"Ok. What is it?" he said sitting down in a green cushion armchair that was in the room and then putting the book he was holding down in his lap. Hermione walked into the room fully closing the door.
"Snape just gave me make-up summer homework and I can't do it in two weeks, so I was hoping that you could help me with it." she said giving him an innocent, begging face. She saw him roll his eyes and then he got up.
"Sure whatever. I'll help," he said boringly as if he was force to do it.
She noticed this. "Are you okay?" she asked. He turned his back on her and picked out another book.
"Must you keep asking me that?"
"Well I wouldn't have to keep asking if you would tell me," she argued.
"I told you that I was fine. Damn!" he said a little louder than indented.
"Something is wrong with you Draco. You're not acting like yourself," she said. He turned around to face her.
"Well some people aren't always what they seem."
And what is that suppose to mean?" Hermione said, getting just as loud as Draco did.
"It means the way it sounds." Draco said. Draco looked at Hermione face, which was confused and angry.
"I don't know what you are talking about, but I really hope that last comment wasn't about me?" she said pointing to herself.
"You are so perspective. It's just so amazing." he said sarcastically.
"What is your problem?" Hermione asked getting louder.
"You're my problem." He said. He walked past Hermione and put his hand on the door. He opened it more and was about to leave when Hermione said something.
"What did I do to you?"
"What did you do?" repeating the question. He closed the door harder than he should have, making Hermione jump a little.
"Yes I want to know why you're acting like this, because I need to know,” she said.
"You think no one can see right through your little act, but trust me, I can see. The whole thing is transparent to me." Hermione put on a confused face.
"What are you talking about?"
"Your little goody-goody routine is fooling everyone but me. I know how it goes Hermione. You act all innocent to people and make them think that you like them, when you don't. I'm not new to the game. I've been doing it for years."
"Draco I'm not playing a game. I don't even know what you are talking about!"
Draco rolled his eyes. "Oh give me that load of shit! Truth to the matter is that you're a tease. A no good, dirty rotten slut. Probably been one for years."
"What! How dare you talk about me like that? I have never teased anyone before and I don't know how I teased you."
"How do you know I'm talking about myself?” She got closer to him.
"If not you, than who?" She said keeping her voice low.
Who am I talking about? Hermione? Jason? Or maybe she was right maybe I am talking about myself. Draco thought to himself.
Draco was silent for a while. Then his face turned angry. She was trying to make him believe that it was his entire fault. Like she didn't do anything. Like she wasn't toying with him.
"Just forget it." He walked past her and headed for the door.
He opened the door furiously. "Oh and you can forget about me helping you with that project. I have better things to do. Why don't you go ask your boyfriend Jason to help you." he spat her, then leaving the room.
"What?" he heard Hermione call after him. She ran out the room to catch up with Draco. "Draco, what are you talking about?"
"I'm getting really sick of you saying that!" Draco said sounding a little aggravated.
She ignored the comment. "What did you mean my boyfriend Jason?" He stopped, turned around and glared daggers at her.
"I don't know why I have to explain this to you. You were in center ring." Hermione gave a confused face.
Draco chuckled in disbelief. "So is this what happens. You would pretend to fall in love with a guy and then forget about them." he put his face closer to Hermione's.
"I saw what happened at the party." Hermione glared around, as if trying to figure out what he was talking about. Assuming by the face she made after, Draco realized she figured it out.
"You saw that?" she asked. He put on a sarcastic smile. Then he walked away leaving Hermione standing there.
"Draco. That was all a scheme. A trick Jason and Carmen pulled to get us together." she called to him. But he wasn't listening. He had his mind on other things like what happened the night before.
"Draco!" she called. He didn't answer.
"Why is he getting so mad?" Hermione thought to herself as she watched Draco walk down the hall.
"Even if Jason and I were going out, he shouldn't act like this unless..." Hermione blushed slightly. She didn't know why she didn't see this before. "He's jealous." She was a little flattered that Draco was jealous over her. She was still having mixed feelings for him. She had to clear things up with him, before things got too out of hand.
Hermione ran down the hall to catch up with Draco. "What do you want?" he spat at her, not turning around. She stayed behind him. "Draco, you've got everything all wrong. I know you're a little jealous bu-" she was interrupted by Draco who finally stopped and turned around to look at her. He eyes had fire in them.
"Listen. I was and never will be jealous of what ever relationship you have with Jason, so get that out you're head right now. I don't go crawling to sluts like you. I can go to plenty of other women who would jump off a building for me. Don't ever assume that I would be jealous over the likes of you." he told her in a low, but murderous voice.
Hermione felt a little insulted by this, but she knew that he didn't mean it. He turned around and was about to start walking again, but Hermione started talking again.
"I felt the same way you do." He turned back to her and gave her a confused look. "That day we went shopping and you started talking to another girl. I knew I was jealous but I never wanted to admit it. I definitely didn't want to admit it when you told me I was. What I'm trying to say is that... Draco, I really, really, like you. And I'm not just saying that. You have changed into another person and I really like that other person. So please will you let me explain?"
They looked at each other for a while. After about two minutes of silence, Draco turned his back to her. "That is the foulest bullshit I have ever heard. When you think of a better excuse, then come and tell me." Then he started walking.
Hermione was so angry with this. She was in an argument with herself about her feelings for him and he thinks that she wasn't sincere about it.
Before Hermione could think, she grabbed Draco's arm and pushed him into the hall walls with amazing strength. Draco was in shock. He almost fell to the floor because of the impact and his shock. Hermione got closer to him and in a flash, the two teenagers lips were touching in a deep kiss.
They had their lips together for a few seconds, until Hermione pulled back. She stared at him. He had his eyes closed.
He opened them again and looked at her sternly.
"Was I really suppose to believe that?" he said, his tone sounding a little unsure. Hermione didn't pay attention to the tone. "What? I can't believe you!" she shouted at him. Draco straightened himself up. "Believe it. That's probably to oldest trick in the book. I would have a least thought you would have done something else."
Hermione was so angry with him she started shaking. Hermione mumbled something. "What was that?" he said cupping his hand to his ear. "I HATE YOU." She said louder. She just found her third person.
Draco shrugged and grinned. "It's not like it's the first time I heard someone say that to me." Hermione didn't know what came over her because in an instant, Hermione right hand came speeding towards Draco's face, but before her hand could reach it, Draco stopped her by grabbing her arm.
Hermione struggled to get out, but he was holding her too tightly. He shook his head and smirked. "Trying to hit me again? Didn't we do this already this summer? I told about trying to do new things."
Hermione scowled at him and he grinned back. They stared at each other until Draco let go of her, turned around and walked away. "See you later," his said as if nothing happened.
Hermione watched as Draco left. She leaned her back to the wall and slid down it and curled herself into a ball. She stayed like that for a couple of minutes when she finally got up. Hermione felt something wet flowing down her cheeks. When she touched it, she realized it was tears.