Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the HP Characters. But I do own Eric, Aurora, Jason, Carmen, Rielly and Tori.
Chapter 8
Hermione walked her way back to her room, making sure not to run into Draco. She opened her door and ran to her bed, falling head first on her pillow.
She lay there for a while, motionless. All of a sudden tears started to overwhelm her. She couldn't stop crying. As hard as she tried, nothing worked. She gave up trying to hold it in and cried on her pillow, making it wet from the tears.
An hour past when she heard a knock on the door. She didn't want to answer. The person knocked again. This time a voice followed. "Hey Hermione?" It was Rielly's voice. Hermione didn't answer. She kept real quiet, hoping that Rielly would think she was sleep. It was silent for a while. Hermione figured that she left but moments later she heard her voice again.
"I just wanted to tell you that breakfast is on the table and you can eat." As soon as she was done with her sentence, Hermione's stomach growled. It was very silent for Rielly to hear or was it?
"I knew were hungry." Hermione was shocked. How could she hear that? Hermione could barely hear it herself!
"Not coming are you?" Rielly sighed. "I guess I'll bring something for you. Let me know if you want to change your mind." Hermione didn't answer.
"Okay bye then. Oh and Hermione, please don't ever beat yourself up over Draco or any other boy. Pretty soon he's gonna come back to you realizing that he's wrong. They always do.”
Oh my gosh! How does she know about me and Draco?
"Well good-bye." Rielly said. Hermione jumped out of the bed.
She wiped her eyes before running to the door. She opened it and ran out. She turned both ways, looking for Rielly until she realized that she was leaning on the wall next to the door.
She was smirking. "About time I caught your attention."
"How did you know about Draco and me?" Hermione asked looking at Rielly.
"I...um... I-I...t-that's not important." she said sounding a little nervous. Hermione eyed her. Something told her that Rielly was keeping something from her.
"Why don't we just go downstairs to eat." she suggested. Hermione wasn't too sure.
"What if Draco's there?" she thought to herself. She tried to think up an excuse and found one. “I don't think I'm coming down stairs for breakfast. You see I have to this report for Snape and it's going to take the rest of the summer to do, so I should start on it now."
"He has you working on a report with two weeks left of the summer?" Rielly asked surprised. Hermione nodded. "Unfortunately, yes."
"I can't believe him!" she looked at Hermione. "Don't worry. I try to talk to him. In the mean time, you can go downstairs to the dining room."
"It's okay. I can do it." Hermione said trying to argue back, but Rielly shook her head. "No way am I going to let Severus push you around like that. Not while I'm around."
"But-"
"No buts about it Hermione. I know that it took you a month to finish the last report that you did." She turned around and walked down the hall.
"I'll go talk to him. You go downstairs and get you something to eat. I'll be down in a few minutes." She called to Hermione as she walked down the hall.
Hermione sighed then something freaked her out. "How did Rielly know it took me a month to finish that project? I hadn't told anyone." Hermione thought to herself.
Hermione looked at Rielly turn the corner. "She really is amazing." Figuring that she had no excuse now she went downstairs into the dinning room.

Rielly knocked on Severus's door. "Come in." she heard him say. Rielly opened the door and closed it back up. She then looked at Severus who was working on something.
He kept all his attention on the paper he was writing on. "What is it?" he asked in a slightly annoyed voice.
"Why are you giving Hermione such a hard time?"
"What do you mean by hard time" he asked still paying attention to the paper. "You know what I mean. About the report." He finally looked up. "All I did was give her a make-up report. It's not fair to all my other students who worked on their reports and Miss Granger gets off easy, now is it?"
Rielly worked over to his desk and leaned on it, so that they were both on eye level. "You know that she has a perfectly good excuse for that,” she said angrily. Severus smirked at her. She glared back. "I can't believe you! You would actually make her do that stupid report that is going to take forever to do?"
"What I do with my students is none of your concern."
"It is if I'm going to be teaching her!"
"Well until then I suggest you keep your nose out of things."
They finally finished their argument. Not noticing it, Rielly realized that Snape was out of his seat and only about 11 inches from her face. Rielly was so angry with him. She wasn't going to leave him until he changed his mind. She concentrated hardly, since Severus was so hard to contact.
At first she was getting nothing, so she tried harder. Then she was getting to him. She saw him flinch. "Stop this instant!" he told her. "Not until you change your mind about the report.”You're trying to force me to change my mind?"
She crossed her arms but still kept her concentration on Snape.
"Exactly."
He flinched again. "So she free to not do the report?" she asked.
"My answer stays the same. Your little mind tricks will not work on me Rielly." he said sitting back in his chair, smirking, but then flinching once more. Reilly smirked.
"Oh really because it seems that it's working now. Give it up Severus we can do this for hours and when I finally get use to it, I can be in another room and it'll still go on. So will you change your mind or not?"
Snape looked like he was thinking, flinching every few seconds. He finally looked up to Rielly with a surrendering look on his face. She smiled. "Nice doing business with you." she said and headed for the door.
"That was very childish Rielly. Why can't you act your age?" she turned around, her eyebrows were up in amusement. "Now Severus how can that be childish when a child can not do what I do? As for acting my age, I am. It's you who is acting like an old man. Stop acting like a stick in the mud and loosen up some. I know it hard but please try it. It's so much fun."
Snape glared at her. Rielly smirked and then left the room.

Hermione sat down at the long dinner table, which was filled with wonderful smelling foods. Although Hermione was hungry, she didn't feel much like eating.
Hermione held her head up with her right hand then taking a piece of bacon from a plate that was near by with her left hand.
She was so busy with eating, she didn't notice someone walk in. "Damn it!" she heard them say. She picked her head up, expecting to see Rielly, but who she saw didn't exactly please her.
"It's you,” they said in unison.
Draco looked at her and she looked back, no one saying a word. Then Hermione looked past Draco and saw Rielly at the door but she quickly walked away.
"Rielly come back!" she called and Rielly slowly walked back to the door entrance. "Hello you two." she said smiling and waving. "What did he say?" Hermione asked.
"He said he'd let you slide for now." Hermione was amazed. "How did you change his mind?" She smirked and shrugged her shoulders. "Just a little persuading.” Hermione looked at her confusingly. Rielly laughed. "Don't worry about it. The important thing is that you don't have to do it am I right?"
"Yeah I guess so."
Hermione looked at Draco again. He wasn't looking at her. Instead he was walking to the other side of the table. Hermione felt like she wanted to cry again. Rielly sat next to Hermione. "Don't let him get to you Hermione,” she murmured before sitting. Hermione understood and held it in.
Hermione finally settled down and started eating; only a few times did her mind ever slip to Draco who was quietly sitting at the other end of the table.

It had been a week and Draco was bored out of his mind. There was nothing to do except read books and he definitely didn't want to do that.
He hadn't spoken to Hermione the entire week and he started to feel a little guilty. "Maybe I should have let her explain." Draco said to himself. "But what was she going to say if I let her explain. She would have probably lied right in my face." He looked out his window. It was snowing again. He looked closer and saw that two people was walking through the snow and heading towards the manor. Draco assumed that it was Rielly and Tori since it was always them.
He sat in his room for a while day dreaming and then started getting hungry. He decided to go downstairs and get something to eat.
He walked downstairs into the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took out some of the left over from last night dinner.
When he turned around to put the food on the island in the middle of the kitchen, he jumped in fright. "Bloody hell. You scared the crap out of me!" Draco said. It was Tori.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to." he said and sat down at the stool next to the island. "Is there enough for another person?" he asked.
Draco looked at it and nodded "Yeah I guess so." He got off the stool and walked next to Draco. "Why don't you go to the dining room? I got this."
You didn't have to tell Draco twice. He wasn't much of a good cook even if he was heating up already cooked food. "Thanks." he said and walked out the kitchen.
When they were done, Tori took out his wand and flicked it. The plate disappeared into thin air. Then he looked at Draco. "How about we take a walk outside for a while." Draco thought about it. He was really bored in this manor and he hasn't been outside since the day they came but it was snowing out there and he doubted that Snape would let him go.
"If you're worried about Severus's permission, I already asked. He was reluctant at first but Rielly talked to him. There's a cloak in your room right now." he said. He thought for a second but he nodded and went upstairs to get the cloak.
Draco put on the heavy cloak and went back downstairs. Tori was waiting for him at the door. "Ready?" he asked. Draco nodded and they left.
As soon as Draco got outside, a gust of wind blew him. Tori didn't move an inch. "Come on." he said and Draco followed him.
"So I heard you still didn't tell Hermione." Draco looked at him. "I also heard that you to got into an argument." Draco didn't want to be reminded of that.
"Yeah. So?" he said with an attitude.
"I want to know if this will hurt the chances of you telling her."
"Look I'll tell her when I tell her okay? How do you even know that we got into an argument?"
"Who else but Rielly."
"How does she know?" Draco asked. "How do you think she knows?" Draco thought about it. "Her powers?" Tori nodded.
"She told me and figured that I needed to talk to you."
"I don't need to talk to anyone." Draco said.
"Except perhaps Hermione." Tori added. Draco glared at him and Tori smiled. Draco turned his head from Tori.
"Whatever." he said under his breath.
"Has anyone told you that you have a real nasty attitude?" Tori asked
"Yeah. A few people have mentioned it to me." Tori shook his head.
"Must not have a lot of friends." Draco looked at him.
"Excuse me?" he said a bit insulted.
"Have you ever thought that's why so many people dislike you at school?" Draco was getting angry. How dare he talk about him?
"You don't know anything about me." Draco hissed at him, not even noticing that his hand was getting closer to his wand. "I know enough to know that you need a major attitude adjustment," he snapped back.
Without thinking, Draco pulled out his wand pointing it towards Tori. Tori rolled eyes and sighed. "You think it's wise to point your wand at me. After all you don't know what my powers are. How do you know that I can't kill you where you stand?"
Draco lowered his wand some. He was right.
Then Tori started laughing. "Not to worry, Draco. I'm not going to kill you. Firstly because I can't unless I'm of reach of you. Secondly because I would never take a life of some one who does not deserve it. And thirdly, because I would never kill a loved one of my student."
Draco looked at him curiously. "A loved one?" Draco thought to himself.
His train of thought was cut off by the sound of shattering glass. An emerald string of light came through a window from the manor. It looked like a spell but just not any spell.
"That's an unforgivable curse!" Tori said.
"Hermione!" Draco yelled and ran toward the manor with his wand ready. Tori took out his wand and followed Draco.
Draco got to the door and it was locked. He tried shoving it down but it didn't work. "I can't get in." Draco said and banged the door with his fist in frustration.
"Move over." Tori said pushing Draco out the way. He kicked the door open in one blow, as if it were nothing. Draco stood in amazement. It had taken all his might and the door didn't even budge.
"Is his powers abnormal strength?" Draco thought to himself. "Come on we must find out what is happening." Tori said. Draco nodded and they both ran in.
There was smoke coming everywhere. Whatever was going on, a lot of things were being destroyed. "I'll try to find Rielly and Severus. You go look for Hermione. When you do, head towards the ruins in the east." Tori said and ran up the stairs.
"Okay." Draco called going up the stairs as Tori did but in a different direction. He was going to try Hermione's room first.
He opened her door but she wasn't in there. He ran down the hall. "Hermione!" he called. There was no answer. "Hermione! Can you hear me?" he called. Still no answer.
He looked in every single room that he could. "Where is she?" Draco said to himself. Then he saw a figure through the smoke. He couldn't make out whom it was.
"Hermione?" Draco said walking slowly towards the figure. The person didn't say anything.
"Hermione is that you?" he asked. He stopped so that he wouldn't be to close.
"Guess again lover boy." replied the voice. "EXPELLIARMUS!" the figure shouted. Before Draco could react, his wand flew out of his hand and he was thrown back into the wall.
"It's you." Draco mumbled.
"In the flesh." The figure walked closer. He was right. It was she. Aurora.
"Well, well, well, Draco I'm surprised that you were able to hide out that entire time. You're a handful to find especially your girlfriend. We're still looking for her right now."
She got closer to him kneeling down in front of him. "It's a pity she isn't here to see you killed." She put out her hand and gently grabbed under his chin. She slowly came closer to his face, placing a gentle kiss on his lips.
He couldn't move. It seemed that the spell disabled him somehow. All he could do was turn his head to avoid some of the kiss. Aurora smiled. "Such a good kisser. No wonder you had so many girlfriends. It's a shame you have to die." She got back up and pointed his wand directly towards him. "Good-bye, Draco."
Draco looked at her with disgust. He wasn't going to show any sign of weakness. "I only wished I could see Hermione one last time. Even if she was toying with me." She raised her wand to him. "Arvada Ke-"
"Stupefy!" a voice shouted, making Aurora fly into the wall and then fell to the floor. She was apparently knocked out.
Draco was still in shock when he saw Hermione through the smoke.
"Draco!" she shouted when she saw him. She quickly dashed over to him, kneeling beside him. "Are you okay?" she asked. "I should be asking you the same thing."
Draco then was able to move his body again. He tried to get up, but all of a sudden, he started to feel dizzy and he fell back to the ground. "What happened?" Hermione asked. "I dunno. I felt all dizzy when I tried to get up."
He looked at Hermione. "Hermione, you have to get out of here. It's not safe, especially for you." Hermione hesitated but then shook her head.
"I can't leave you." Draco started getting annoyed. "Will you cut the heroic crap and get out of here!" Draco said trying to sound angry but Hermione wouldn't move.
"Draco, I'm not leaving you."
"Hermione, you have to go now!" he shouted at her. She shook her head. Draco felt incredibly angry.
"HERMIONE GO!" he shouted and shoved her, making her fall on her back with a loud thump. He was breathing really hard from being frustrated and scared.
"Oh no. Why did I do that?" Draco thought to himself.
Hermione sat up on her elbows looking a Draco as if he was a monster. "Hermione I-"
"No stay away from me." she whimpered and moved back some now sitting up straight.
"Hey are you guys okay?" It was Rielly who came of the smoke and ran beside the two teenagers. She was covered with a lot of cuts, but only minor ones. "Yes I'm alright." Hermione said quietly. Rielly noticed a slight sadness in her voice but ignored it when Draco tried to get up but fell back down.
"What happened?"
“Every time I try to get up, I get all dizzy and I fall back down."
"Yes I've seem to notice that with Severus and some other death eaters that I encountered." It looked like Rielly was thinking about something. "I know. It's the smoke!" Draco gave her a quizzing look.
"The smoke?"
"Yes the smoke. I'll explain later." She took out her wand. "Accio Phoenix tears."
Little seconds later, a pink urn come flying towards Rielly. She grabbed it and handed it to Draco. "Here. It's to help you recover. I could have just blown the smoke away, but that would recover everyone." Draco took the urn and put it to his mouth to drink. It was very bitter and Draco almost spat it out. "How do you feel?" Draco shook his head.
"A little funny but I'll be alright."
"Good then lets go."
She grabbed Draco's hand to help him up. Draco turned to Hermione and put out her to help her up but quickly withdrew it when she moved away some more and got up herself.
"C'mon. We need to get to the ruins." she said and started running down the hall. Hermione ran after her and so did Draco, running only a little further back then Hermione.
The three ran down the stairs. "Well I see that Tori was here." Rielly said looking at the door.
"It was the only way we could get in." Draco told her.
All of a sudden Rielly made a complete stop, with Draco and Hermione almost bumping into her. "What happened?" Hermione asked.
"Just look."
Hermione and Draco look at the door. There was a death eater in the doorway, obviously waiting for them. "Ah there you are. I had a feeling that Aurora wouldn't succeed," the man said. He had their hood up so they couldn't see who it was, but the sound of his voice made Draco's heart stop. It couldn't be him. Hermione seemed to notice who it was as well because she started trembling. Rielly seemed to notice Draco's panicked face and Hermione trembling.
"Do you now him?" Rielly asked.
"All to well. Rielly, that's my father." Draco said, sounding a little worried.
"What! That's Lucius?"
Lucius took off his hood to reveal his face. He chuckled wickedly. "Hello son. I'm shocked that you still recognize me. It's been what? Almost a year since I've seen you?"
“It hasn't been long enough." Draco replied. Lucius stood there with a smirk on his face.
"You know, you really disgraced the family name Draco. What with turning against the Dark Lord..." He turned to Hermione. "Falling in love with a Mudblood." his eyes looked at Draco, followed by his head. "But come back to us Draco. Being the good wizard he is, the Dark Lord has offered you to return without punishment."
"I would never go back to him or you!" Draco shouted. "Now, now, Draco, you mustn't try to fight against the Dark Lord. Everyday he grows stronger and one day he will triumph over all who are his enemies. Do you really want to be his enemy Draco? Or do you want to be his faithful servant who will follow him to a new era that will be ruled by witches and wizards and will be rid of filth like Mudbloods and muggles. You can be a great death eater, maybe even be the top rank like myself. That is what you always wanted wasn't it?"
Draco shook his head. "No I don't want that. I did once, until I realized that I would have to give up everything to follow your Dark Lord as you did with mother."
"Draco, I did that for your own good. She was in your way for success. Besides she did her purpose and had you. She had no other use." Draco was shaking with anger. "You mean you never really loved mum?"
"Of course not you silly boy. She was like dirt to me. Nasty dirt that I could do anything to." In an instant, Draco's wand was out and was being pointed at his father. Lucius only smirked.
"Are you really going to kill me Draco?" he asked. Draco stood silently. "Are you?" he asked louder.
Rielly put her hand up in front of Draco.
`Don't do it Draco. You'll get expelled if you do. I'll take care of him and try to lead him away from the door and you and Hermione get out of here. You know where to go.'
He heard Rielly's voice in his head and knew that she was using her powers on him. He put down his wand.
`All right.' Draco replied using his mind.
Hermione stood there wondering why Rielly and Draco was so quiet.
`Hermione can you hear me?'
At first Hermione thought that she was going crazy. She heard Rielly talking to her in her mind.
`Hermione you're not going crazy. I wish I could explain it to you but now is not a good time. Just listen closely.'
Rielly told Hermione the plan and she nodded.
At she told both Hermione and Draco what to do; she pointed her wand at Lucius and started walking forward to him. Her plan was working because he was moving away from the door. When they had their chance, Draco and Hermione dashed to the door, making a run.
She watched them go and then looked back to Lucius. "Now your fight is with me," she told him. He had on a nasty smirk.
"What are you smirking about?" Rielly asked.
"Why do you think that their escape was so easy? Death eaters are really clever and travel in groups." Rielly raised an eyebrow. "What is he talking about?" Rielly thought to herself. Then she looked horror stricken her.
“He purposely let them go. Why didn't I see it before that she just too easy? I have to get to Hermione and Draco before the worst happens to them." Rielly thought to herself. She turned around and ran to the door. She almost made it out the door but something hit her hard in the back making her fall to the ground. Lucius had hit her with a stunning spell!