Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Die Another Day ❯ Home, At Last. ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Die Another Day

Harry sighed heavily, placing his luggage on the rack he took his seat in the empty compartment. There was no way his friends wouldn’t come looking for him, they knew on September 1st of every year Harry took the opportunity to leave the Dursley’s early in the day, the sooner they parted the happier he became. He turned to face the window, watching as all the first years were saying goodbye to their families and nervously boarding the train. He smiled, remembering his first day to Hogwarts and how he got lost, but it was the best thing that ever happened to him, for he met his best friend Ron Weasley. But that was all the past, he was now in his 6th year and had a lot more important things to think about, like how on earth was he going to pass his N.E.W.T’s next year, defeat one of the most powerful wizards out there, pick a career for himself, and still leave enough time in his week to create an amazing Quidditch Team and win the championship. He sighed heavily, running his fingers through his messy brown hair. Closing his eyes, Harry breathed deeply to calm himself once more. He was finding himself more and more frustrated as the years went on, but today wasn’t a day to be angry. He was going back to school, he was going back to his friends.

At that very moment a there was a small click in the direction of the door. Opening his eyes, Harry smiled as both Ron and Hermione walked into the compartment, Hermione carrying her half-kneazle cat Crookshanks in her arms. As the two sat down across from him they trio begun to dive into how their summers were, Ron and Harry eventually discussing how they should get back at Dudley in the follow summer when Harry was finally of age to use magic without the Ministry finding out. The deeper into the conversation both Harry and Ron got, the more Hermione kept shaking her head, her frown curving even more as she was spitting the laws about magic and non-magic people. As the two boys were being scolded another click could be heard as the compartment door once again opened, behind the door stood Neville, Luna and Ginny. Neville’s normal clothes were ripped blood slowly seeping through the fabric, hair a mess and looking very beat up. Luna was similar, with fewer cuts, bruises and only looking worn out. Ginny on the other hand looked rather fine, with a cut on her cheek, a few on her arm and her hair dishevelled she looked like she was alright.

Harry, Ron and Hermione stood up immediately, all in shock by their sudden appearance. Ron becoming overly protective in a heartbeat he began to check Ginny all over, looking for something much worse. “What happened to you guys?” Hermione asked, quickly going to Neville’s side to tend to some of his cuts, in hope of stopping the bleeding. Ginny looked over as she shoved her older brother aside, explaining the situation; “We were looking for an empty compartment.. Apparently the Slytherin’s changed which side of the train they’d sit on. We walked in unexpectedly, and Draco and his goon’s had no hesitation to jump us..” Her cheeks began to flush, not in embarrassment but in anger, knowing she could have taken multiple on by herself.. But not the whole compartment. Ginny walked in even further, taking a seat beside the window, Neville and Luna following suit, but staying closer towards the door. Luna sitting beside Hermione and Ron, and Neville beside Harry and herself. Sighing heavily, Ginny rested her head against the cool glass, closing her eyes as she relaxed, loosening her grip on her wand.

Harry glanced over at his best friends sister, his stomach churning. There was no reason for Malfoy to have attacked them, but it didn’t stop him. He was heartless, he never cared who he hurt. A small shine caught his eye, looking back at Ginny he noticed a drip of blood rolling down her cheek, reaching out he brushed it away quickly before it fell onto her clothes and stained them. “How do you feel Ginny? You don’t look near as bad as Neville.” He said jokingly, knowing Neville would have been in worse shape if it wasn’t for the DA meetings last year.

Ginny smiled, letting out a small laugh. “I’m alright. I got Malfoy back good with a Bat-Boogie Hex and a few others.. Lets just say I think his nosebleed will keep going through dinner and most the night” she replied, a smug smirk on her face. Looking up into Harry’s green eyes, she seen them brighten as she told him about the retaliation, how this small news made him that much more happier, but only a trained eye would notice. This made a small fire burn in her heart, but it was tiny. Ginny was still unsure if his happiness was due to her being a woman that he may be attracted too, or the fact that she was his best friends baby sister, and in a sense, his younger sister too.. She dropped down into her seat, getting more comfortable and diving into more interactive, and cheerier conversation not wanting to think about the possibility of the second idea being the truth.

As the hours had passed the three boys had moved out into the hallway, giving the girls their privacy so that they could change into their school uniforms. Once finished the roles reversed, having the girls wait patiently in the hall them changing just in time as they pulled into Hogwarts Station. Grabbing their bags they headed off the trains and towards the ‘self-drawn’ buggies the six climbing into one as they were pulled towards the castle. Harry’s eyes were glowing in the moonlight, he was so delighted to be back at school and away from his muggle family. This was where he truly belonged, in the magical world.

The ride went by quickly, with a blink of an eye they were already sitting in the great hall catching up with even more of their classmates discussing timestables and their summer adventures. The hall was soon quieted as Professor Dumbledore took his place at the podium and began his start of the year speech; welcoming all new and old students and teachers, the rules and regulations. Following the speech the food magically appeared on the time as everyone began to dig in, the rest of the night went by quickly, all conversations staying light , the hall filled with laughter and happiness as the students enjoyed their first night back at the castle.
Converting /tmp/php9OWT2A to /dev/stdout