Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Believe In Magic ❯ I'm Just Playin' With Ya! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Do You Believe In Magic
 
Chapter Eight
 
I'm Just Playin' With Ya!
 
This is a very fast update, because I am typing up this chapter the day after I've just finished chapter 7! The only reason this wont be up right away is an annoying little thing called validation =P Enjoy the chapter! Also, to explain the chapter title, this chapter is full of them joking around and such.
 
 
Hermione heard voices coming from downstairs. They sounded angry, but she couldn't tell. Her senses were a little bit off, and all she wanted was to return to the amazing dream she'd been having, but found she couldn't remember it. So she just opened her eyes and stared up at the ceiling for a few moments.
 
“How did I even get up here? I don't remember coming up here…” She wondered out loud. “I don't even remember falling asleep.”
 
The voices downstairs were growing louder and she could now tell from the tones that there was a female voice and two different male voices. She ran over to her door and peeked out of the crack where it had been left slightly open. When she couldn't see anything, she tiptoed out of her room and over to the stairs, where she crouched down a bit and peered over the railing. She spotted Ginny and Harry by the door, just a few feet into the room. Ginny looked extremely upset, while Harry just looked plain angry. She then shifted her eyes when she heard the other voice, and she saw Draco standing there yelling back at Harry. It was funny, because she really hadn't recognized his voice. He sounded different. His voice was deeper and more dangerous. She'd never before seen him so angry, not even in their earlier years at Hogwarts. Draco said something about Hermione which she hadn't caught because she'd been slightly spaced out, but right while Draco was saying it, his eyes flicked up towards where he knew, or thought Hermione was or had been sleeping, and he spotted her just behind the railing.
 
Hermione knew she'd been sited, but she found she couldn't move. Draco's eyes collided with hers and his face softened from the hard look he'd worn before. He said something quietly and more civilly to Harry and Ginny, who nodded calmly, surprisingly, and he started walking towards the stairs where he knew Hermione was hiding.
 
He kneeled beside her at the top of the stairs and rubbed her back in slow circles.
 
“Are you okay?” He said in a hushed tone.
 
Hermione's eyes drifted between Harry and Ginny.
 
“What are they doing here?” She asked curiously.
Draco's hand dropped from Hermione's back and she inwardly groaned at the loss of his touch. His hands were like magic when he did that. They could always make her feel better…
 
“They want to see you, but Ron's not there… So I don't think it will be a problem, if you're okay with it…” He stated.
 
Hermione smirked at him. “You called him `Ron'.”
 
“Ah, I guess I did. My bad.” Draco smirked at her and poked her in the side, which made her squirm.
 
“Oh! So you're ticklish then aren't you?” Draco grinned evilly at her.
 
“Hey! Don't get any ideas, or I will seriously have to hurt you,” Hermione countered with a laugh.
 
“Oh, I see. Well, we wouldn't want that now would we?” Draco smirked, but then it fell just as quickly as it appeared.
 
“Do you want to talk to them?” He waited for her answer, watching her face for any signs of hesitation or fear. There were none.
 
“Only if you tell me first why you were all yelling, if all they want to do is see me?” She finally replied.
 
Draco looked back at the redhead and the scarhead.
 
“Well…” He started. “They were bitching at me for…” He paused.
 
“For…?” Hermione pushed.
 
Draco sighed and looked her in the eye.
 
“For kissing you.”
 
Hermione smirked.
 
“It was only on the forehead!” She giggled.
 
“Yeah… But they didn't like it. They said I was `forcing myself on you' or some other rubbish. And I was yelling back because I was not forcing myself on you. I was protecting you and showing them how much I care about my `girlfriend'. Draco smirked half-heartedly when he said that.
 
Hermione thought for a moment.
“Okay. Then we will just have to show them.”
 
“Wait—What?!”
 
“Shush! You will see.”
 
“But—”
 
“Shush!”
 
And with that Hermione stood up and ran down the stairs, stopping close to the door to stare Harry and Ginny in the face.
 
“H-hi…Hermione…” Ginny said after a moment.
 
“Harry, Ginny,” Hermione nodded her head towards both. “What brings you here?” She finished politely.
 
Harry looked at Ginny, then back at Hermione. Then his eyes flicked towards Draco, who was now standing beside Hermione, but a half-foot back.
 
“We came to talk to you. You know we don't hate you, right? We still consider you one of our best friends…”
Hermione allowed a small smile. “Yes, maybe… But not Ronald.”
 
“Well… I don't know Hermione. He's been a bit of a bugger to all of us lately… Ever since he found out that Malfoy was the one you were writing to all summer…”
 
“Yes, well… I think we all know why…” Draco piped in quietly.
 
Harry and Ginny nodded in agreement. Hermione just look back and forth between Harry and Ginny suspiciously, before turning to look at Draco.
 
“What are you all talking about?” Hermione questioned.
 
“Well, isn't it obvious?” Draco put his hand on Hermione's shoulder, and turned her to face him. She looked at him as he continued. “Ron, Weasley, is in love, with you.” Draco's eyes hardened when he said it, but he continued, his eyes now scanning the room. “He's angry because you're no longer his Hermione. Not that you were before, in a sense. You were you're parent's Hermione, Ginny and Harry's Hermione…But now… In a totally different way, you are mine too.” He finished smugly.
 
Hermione's eyes widened in surprise at his words.
 
Wow, he's such a good actor. That sounded so jealous! Psh, if it were anyone but him, I'd never be able to pull this off.
 
Hermione felt like this was the right moment to do it. If she was going to prove to Harry and Gin that he hadn't forced the kiss on her yesterday, this would be the best time to show them. Hermione locked eyes with Draco for a moment as he looked down at her. She put her hands on his upper arms, and reached upwards. Draco's face looked anxious. He didn't know what she was about to do, and how could he prevent a situation like this from happening if he wasn't sure where she was headed? He started to panic inside, but suddenly, she changed her course and went to his cheek. He sighed internally, disappointed, but relieved at the same time. Hermione's kiss lingered on his cheek for seconds after she pulled back, and she wrapped her arms around his waist, and snuggled into him.
 
“And you're mine, Draco Malfoy.”
 
Draco smiled over her shoulder at Harry and Ginny who looked shocked, but almost happy at the same time. He put his arms around Hermione's small frame and held her close for a few moments, before pulling back and turning them both towards Harry and Ginny.
 
“Hermione… Gin and I just want you to know… We're glad you are happy, even if it is with him. We'll get over it, and hopefully Ron will too.”
 
Hermione's eyes welled up with tears and she ran over to Harry, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Harry laughed and held her close to him, doing as Draco had before, and tucking her head under his chin. Ginny wrapped her arms around the two of them and they all laughed together. When Harry looked over Hermione's head back at Draco. He saw him smiling at the three of them, but his eyes were not looking at them. They were focused on Hermione. Right then, Harry knew for sure that Draco Malfoy had changed, and he was glad Hermione had been the one to help him along. Draco looked at Harry for a moment, and Harry mouthed a `thank you' to him. Draco mouthed back `for what?' and Harry looked down at Hermione before mouthing back `Making her smile.' Draco just smirked back at him, and left the room to let them all have some privacy.
 
 
It was two hours later that Hermione was ushering Ginny and Harry out the door with mournful sighs and sad goodbyes. She knew she'd see them tomorrow, but she still couldn't help but feel lonely. As that thought crossed her mind, a certain blonde headed Slytherin, whom she just realized wasn't standing with her saying goodbye to Harry and Ginny, well, wasn't there. She shut the door to the Heads' Common Room, and looked around, trying to remember when Draco had managed to sneak off out of the room. She couldn't recall seeing him leave, nor did she remember if he was even with them while she was talking with Harry and Gin. Right then she realized how awful she was, and she rushed up the stairs to Draco's room, hoping he wasn't angry.
 
When she got to his door, she pressed her ear to the wood, because she'd heard some music. She figured he was probably listening to The Weird Sisters or some other wizard band, and knocked on the door. When he did not answer after a minute or two, she knocked again, a bit louder this time. A few moments later, Hermione heard the music in Draco's room shut off, and a moment later, the door was opening up and Draco poked his head out to see who was there.
 
“Oh, hey Mione,” Draco greeted. “Did you have a good time with Harry and Ginny?”
 
Hermione suddenly felt a rush of guilt go through her, thinking Draco was saying this to make her feel bad.
 
“I am so sorry! I didn't even realize you were gone until they were leaving, and I feel so bad and I know that sounds completely awful but I was just so happy that they were my friends again and I am so sorry and—”
 
Draco's chuckling silenced Hermione, before he dragged her into his room and motioned for her to sit down. She took the chair at his desk and he sat down on his bed facing her. He rubbed his eyes, as it was now 10 o'clock PM, and he was becoming tired. He looked at her, his eyes now slightly pink from the excessive rubbing, and he shot her a tired smile.
 
Hermione looked at him strangely, waiting for him to say something. When his eyes looked down again, she realized he was waiting for her to say something. Neither of them knew what to say, so Hermione just said the first thing that came out of her mouth.
 
“Are you angry?!” Right after saying it, she wished she could grab it out of the air and stuff it back in her mouth. He really didn't look angry, and she didn't exactly want to trigger anything if he was upset, but all he did was look up at her and say, “No.”
Hermione's eyes widened. “You're not?”
 
“Nope.”
“Well—It was very rude of me to… to just… forget about you! If it were anyone else, they'd be angry!” Hermione said all at once.
 
“Well…” Draco straightened up on the bed and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them and looking at her again. “I'm not just anybody. I'm very special.” He winked at her.
 
Hermione caught on to his teasing, and decided to play back.
 
“Yeah… Special Ed!” She laughed at his expression.
 
“Hmm… That was not very nice Miss Granger.” He smirked.
“I suppose it wasn't. I'm terribly sorry, do forgive me. Please, I am begging you.”
 
Draco looked cynical. Then looked away at the wall, pretending to be offended. “I really don't know Hun… I'm not so easily convinced…” He looked back at her with a challenging look on his face.
 
“Oh really, Sweetheart? Shall I tell you to close your eyes and wait for my convincing action?” She gave him a flirty look. He smirked boldly.
 
“Please.” He waggled his eyebrows before closing his eyes.
 
“All right, here it comes!” Hermione tried to hold back a laugh.
 
“I'm waiting.”
 
Hermione got up from the chair, and quietly as she could, she ran out of his room, leaving the expectant Draco behind. When she got to her room, she waited about 10 seconds before she heard a quiet, muffled `Oh, she's gunna get it…' coming from Draco's room.
 
Hermione squeaked, fearing for her life and ran into her closet, trying to hide from the scary Draco! When he got to her room, he looked around and then heard a ruffle come from the closet. He looked away, pretending he had no idea where Hermione was hiding.
 
“Oh where oh where could my Mione be?” He said teasingly.
 
“I have no idea!” He heard her say from the closet. He rolled his eyes.
 
“Oh that was suttle.” He yawned.
 
“I know,” Hermione jumped out of the closet with a big smile. Before Draco could react, she ran around behind him and jumped onto his back.
 
“Wahoo!” She yelled.
 
“Hey! You weirdo,” Draco laughed. She wrapped her legs around his waist, trying not to fall off of him, and he grabbed underneath them, leaving her room and taking her down the stairs to the Common Room. She shrieked and tucked her head snugly behind Draco's, closing her eyes and holding onto him tight around the neck as he descended down the stairs. Draco rolled his eyes and smiled.
 
“You're such a wuss,” he teased.
 
“You love it,” she countered.
 
“That I do,” He smirked.
 
“Psh.”
 
When Draco got to the couch area, he sat down on the edge of the wide one and Hermione fell off behind him.
 
“Oof…”
 
“Ha, my bad,” Draco chortled.
 
Hermione scowled at the back of his blonde head, and then started playing with his hair.
 
“What the heck are you doing, child?” Draco twisted around to look at her. She just laughed, struggled to stand up, and then jumped over his head off of the couch.
 
When she landed on the ground, her knees buckled and she fell over, doing a foreword roll right into the coffee table between the two couches.
 
“Owe!” She whined, before just lying still, too lazy to move.
 
“That was intelligent,” Draco scoffed jokingly, rolling his eyes, before getting up to grab a glass of water and a biscuit. As he stood in the kitchen, he looked out of the window over the sink at the rain that was now pouring down. It was pitch dark out, but he could see the splatters of rain on the window, not to mention the sound of them hitting the castle. He looked away from the gloomy scene and leaned up against the counter.
“Draaa-aaake…” He head Hermione whine from the living room-type area across the way, where she was still lying on the floor like she was crippled or something.
 
Draco walked over to where she was sprawled out, and stood behind her head, leaning over so she was looking at him, and visa-versa.
 
“My-oooh-neee,” he replied, mocking her with a smile. Hermione scowled up at him.
 
“You're mean.” She complained childishly.
 
“As are you.”
 
“You're ugly.”
 
Draco just looked at her.
 
“Thanks.” He said, feigning hurt. Hermione however did not catch on. Right away she got up and watched Draco sit down on the couch, not realizing he was just playing with her.
 
“Awe! Drake, you're not ugly! I'm sorry, I'm sorry…” She curled up next to him on the couch, and turned towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. “You know I didn't mean it right? You're not ugly…on the contrary, you're actually very attractive…” Hermione chose this moment to lean back and look at Draco. His face was turning a light shade of pink from the compliment, but his eyes were jammed shut, and he wore almost a strained expression, like he was trying his best not to… laugh?
 
Once Hermione realized this, she jumped away and pointed an accusing finger at him.
 
“You… You tricked me!” Hermione yelled. “That was not fair, you knew doing that would make me feel bad!”
 
By now, Draco was laughing like crazy. Hermione stomped her foot angrily, before storming out of the room. Draco's laughter settled right away and his face took on a thrown expression.
 
“Awe, bugger,” He muttered before running after her. He arrived at her room, and she was lying on her bed…crying?
 
He hesitantly took a step into the room.
 
“Mione…? I'm…sorry. I wasn't really thinking—”
 
Hermione sprang off the bed and uncovered her face. She was grinning from eye to eye, and definitely wasn't crying!
 
“Oh. You are so dead!” Draco lunged at her and they both fell on the bed in a heap of laughter.
 
By the time they were finished laughing, they really did have tears in their eyes!
 
“You are an terrible person, you know that?” Draco smiled down at Hermione.
 
“I know,” she smiled back.
 
Draco's heart skipped a beat when he saw her smile.
 
Hoo boy…
 
Hermione looked up at Draco, and he looked down, and then they both realized they were in a fairly compromising position, and Draco scuttled off of Hermione quickly. They chuckled nervously, looking away from each other, slightly embarrassed.
 
“Well… Um...It's late Mione… I think I'm going to head off to bed. Tomorrow is Friday… Um, on Saturday they are granting us our “Start of Term” Hogsmeade visit. Would you like to go with me?”
 
“I'd like that…” Hermione grinned.
 
“Right then. Good,” Draco grinned back before leaving her room. At the door, he looked back at her.
 
“Sweet dreams,” he stated shyly.
 
“Sweet dreams.”
 
Both of them got ready for bed after that, and fell into peaceful sleeps.
 
Kay. There it is! I am not sure if I spelt “Hogsmeade” correctly… I guessed, Ha-ha. I hope you enjoyed it, this one is fairly long as well =] -dracoXmione—