Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Descendant ❯ Visiting Grimauld Place ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

After three weeks of staying in the Burrow, all of them needed to go to prepare for the remaining weeks before the start of the school, Harry, Ginny, James, Al, and Lily arrived home late, Harry and Ginny let their children sleep first before going down to the kitchen, “Harry is there something you wish to ask me?” asked Ginny as she sat down the counter while moving her wand around the room to make tea “Ginny, I've been thinking of what happened to Kreacher and the Grimauld place, I haven't visited it for nineteen years” replied Harry “Well. . . . Why not call Kreacher?”
 
“Um. . . . I haven't thought of that, well let's try, Kreacher!” Harry called, there was a loud `crack' a younger house elf appeared in from of them, and said in a soft female voice, “Master,”
 
“Um. . . Sorry but I think you're not Kreacher.” Harry said as he examined the new house elf “my name is Portia, Master, dear brother Kreacher's sister.”
 
Harry heard James coming down from upstairs, when he entered the kitchen he almost fell back when he saw the house elf “Young Master,” Portia bowed down to James, “Um. . . . Dad what is it?” James asked “Thought you should know it by now, it's a house elf James, and please sit down beside your mother we'll be discussing something you ought to know” replied Harry, he saw the locket he gave to Kreacher, Portia is wearing it, “Portia, please sit down, that's an order” Portia looked at him but she had to obey because it's their nature, “It happened masters seventeen years ago, dear old brother Kreacher was badly hurt after the war in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, dear brother lost an arm and an ear, poor Kreacher suffered two years of pain, dear brother can't hold the pain longer, dear brother died and left Portia job to obey kind masters, Portia is very privileged to serve kind masters.” Portia said with her huge orb like eyes that are now watery. Harry felt sad by the story, Portia wiped her nose using her shirt, and said “What does master want with Portia?”
 
“I almost forgot, thank you for reminding me, you know Grimauld Place right? How is it? We're planning to visit it tomorrow afternoon” replied Harry “It's been a long time since master spoke of Grimauld Place, It's been taken care of master, and if Master wants anything please call on Portia, Master.” then there was another loud `crack' Portia has Disaparated “ And now it's late let's all go to bed, James I'll wake you up early tomorrow, you're dad and I are leaving early tomorrow” said Ginny as she stood and pushed James out of the room “Um. . . alright. . . Good night. . .” answered James, Harry and Ginny followed him upstairs.
 
Next morning Harry got up early, Ginny was not beside him, he took his dressing gown and went down, he heard Ginny cooking, but somebody else is with her, he walked faster, when he entered the kitchen he found a pair of bat-like ears, it was Portia, “Good Morning, Master” Portia said as she bowed “Good morning too Portia” replied Harry, Harry sat down beside the counter, took out his wand and waved it, his tea appeared in front of him, “Harry, can you wake up James while you're letting your tea to cool.?” asked Ginny “Sure” Harry stood up, went upstairs and woke up James. James was still a bit sleepy he almost fell down the stairs, Harry and James entered the Kitchen, breakfast is already served, Portia also greeted James good morning, after breakfast Harry went to bath after Ginny and got dressed when they were ready, Harry called on Portia, “Portia, I want you home with my children, and if any harm comes to them protect them or transport them to Grimauld place, alright?” Harry said to Portia, she bowed her head, Harry understood it.
 
After five minutes, Harry and Ginny left, then when Harry opened his eyes, to his surprise the Grimauld place is much better and cleaner, but before anything Harry went upstairs to Sirius's room, it was more cleaner and dustless, and when Harry went to Sirius's desk he found a letter addressed to him it was from Kreacher.
 
Master, Kreacher is weak now and cannot serve Master, but Kreacher had left younger sister Portia for Master, Kreacher hopes Master will like Portia
Kreacher
 
Harry finished reading it when Ginny entered the room, he pocketed the letter “This is Sirius's room right?” asked Ginny “Um. . . . Yeah and the one beside is his brother's” replied Harry. They spent an hour checking everything in the house, and then they left.
 
When Harry and Ginny had Apparated completely they heard Lily screaming upstairs, they hurried upstairs they finally heard what Lily was screaming about, she was calling both of them, they opened the door of Lily's room Portia is looking kind of tried, she was keeping Lily calm, but she screamed more harder when Portia touches her, Harry and Ginny hurried to Lily, as soon they sat beside her, she hugged them. Harry explained everything to Lily and asked her to say sorry to Portia, then that afternoon, Lily became fond of Portia.