Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter Imagines ❯ CopyCat ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Requested on Tumblr

Pairing: Harry Potter x reader

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Harry, Y/N

 

Snickers and whispers surrounded you as you walked along the corridors of Hogwarts. You cradled your books tighter to your chest as the whispers became louder and more evident.

 

“Look at them, so poor! They have the same glasses as Harry Potter! They’re such a copycat, wanting to be like Harry. How sad!”

 

Tears began streaming down your face as the teasing and taunting thread deeper and deeper into you. Your head hung low as you walked which is why you didn’t see a figure walking straight towards you. Crashing into them, you landed hard on the floor with your books strewn around.

 

The figure kneeled down in front of you and tried to catch your eye. “Hey, Y/N. Are you Ok?” Slowly lifting your head, you looked into the person’s eyes and was shocked to see that it was Harry. You nodded your head and began gathering your books together before getting up and beginning to walk away.

 

Harry gently grabbed your arm and spun you around to face him. “I know something is wrong and I’m not going to let you go until you tell me.” He guided you to a private and secluded spot and sat down, patting the space beside him for you to sit.

 

Sitting down, you placed your books on the floor beside your feet and breathed out slowly to calm your nerves. Harry could sense that you were both upset and anxious; he sat a little closer to you and placed a comforting hand on your knee. “Tell me in your own time, Y/N. There’s no rush.”

 

You nodded in understanding whilst looking out at the scenery in front of you. Hearing the tweets of the birds and the whooshing of the wind instantly calmed your nerves. Looking down into your lap, you twiddled your thumbs together.

 

“Everybody think that being in Hufflepuff is some great feat. That everybody is friendly and everybody gets along, but that’s not true. Most of us are actually really nice and sweet but there are others that are the complete opposite. They are bullies and target the ones that are weak, like me. They bully me because of the way I look, mainly my glasses because they think that I’m copying you. I’m not, honestly, they’re just the only glasses that my parents can afford.”

 

Once again you bust into tears, letting all of your pent up feelings out. Harry gathered you in his arms, running his hands up and down your arms to comfort you. “There is nothing wrong with the way you look. You are amazing and nobody can tell you otherwise. Anyway there’s nothing wrong with having the same glasses as me, nothing at all. They are perfectly good glasses.” 

 

You sniggered a little at the last bit. It felt really good to finally tell somebody about what has been happening and how you were feeling. You wiped away the tears from your face and looked over at Harry.

 

“Thank you, Harry. You saved me. Actually, you’re my knight in shining armour.” Harry smiled shyly. “There’s nothing to thank me for, honestly. It takes nothing to be nice to somebody. I’ve been through enough to know that friends are the only people that you need around you. Don’t let anybody bring you down.”

 

You stood up, picking up your bag, and turning back to Harry. “Thank you so much, Harry. I really needed to tell somebody about what has been happening.” Harry nodded his head. “Anytime you need me, just come and find me. I’ll always be there for you.”