Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ It's Foolish to Look Back on Yesterday ❯ "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
After what seemed like ages of mindless girl talk, the trolley came to the girls’ compartment. Gina grinned as she stood up and quickly went over to the woman who pushed the cart.

“What can I get for you, my dear?” the woman asked, leering in to look at who else was in that compartment.

“I’ll take…” Gina looked at the cart for a second before smirking, “Three of everything,” she said after a few seconds.

The woman raised an eyebrow at her and shook her head, “All that sugar is not good for you,” she pointed out, sighing as Gina attacked the candy.

“If it isn’t good for us, why are you selling it?” Gina asked, tilting her head to the side to get a look at the trolley lady as she stuffed her arms with food.

The woman surprised by the girl’s comeback but she remained calm, “Because the headmaster wanted me to,” she stated, glaring silent daggers at Gina.

Gina laughed and paid the lady, going back to her seat without another word as the trolley went off to other compartments.

As Gina sat back down, she instantly began eating whatever she had purchased.

Cali raised an eyebrow, "How can you eat all of that sugar and not gain a pound?" she asked as Gina was stuffing chocolate frogs into her mouth. She was always curious on ways to remain fit, especially when Gina did it without much effort.

"Iono, I just eat and I end up lookin like dis," Gina answered, her words beginning to slur together as her mouth was now chowing on Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans.

Gina blinked and spit one out almost immediately after tasting it, "Ew! That was vomit flavor!" her American accent she had thought was long gone reappeared as she yelled at the questionable greenish orange blob on the floor.

Cali and Lei could not help but laugh at Gina’s reaction to the flavor; they always found it humorous when she did something stupid… and/or anything else.

As Gina occupied herself by drinking a full bottle of water to wash the taste out of her mouth, a small chuckle came from outside the sliding compartment door.

The three of them looked up, confused. They never really got visitors, much less even someone laughing at the other side.

Roxy, however, lifted her head from her sleeping position and stretched, jumping off the seat and went to the door, as if waiting for whoever it was to show themselves.

Gina looked down to her pet as it wagged its tail a bit. “Roxy, what is up with you?” she asked, bending down to scoop up the fox in her arms.

The sliding glass door slid open as Gina proceeded to stand straight with the fox on her shoulder, shutting soon after the person had walked in.

“Draco!” Gina exclaimed. “I missed you!” she continued as Roxy jumped off her shoulder.
Quickly Gina took this time to wrap her arms around the boy that had arrived, hugging the life out of him.

“You look great! Where did you go all summer? Was it fun?” she continued asking questions, not noticing the weird looks her other friends gave her.

Draco smiled to himself, ‘Gina looks cute this year’, he thought as he was attacked, not really minding that she was almost squeezing him to death.

After a few minutes, Draco started getting a bit blue in the face and began trying to inch away from the girl who still held him.
Lei took notice when Gina did not, and stood up to go pry Draco away from her friend so he could get some much needed air.

Draco nodded his thanks to Lei and straightened his tie before turning to face Gina again.

“It is nice to see you, Gina. You are as enthusiastic as ever, I see,” he said, pushing his vibrant blonde hair out of the way of his eyes to show his amazing blue eyes.
He was already in his dark forest green school robes, and his wand poked out from one of the side pockets of them.Of course, the look would not be complete without the trademark Draco Malfoy smirk plastered on his face.

Gina smiled and nodded, “Sorry about that,” she said hesitantly, rubbing the back of her head a bit in embarrassment.

Draco shook his head, “Don’t worry about it, I’m used to it by now,” he pointed out, smirking at her.

“I… guess you’re right about that,” Gina muttered, laughing nervously as she sat back on her seat, Cali following to sit next to her this time.

Lei sat where she had been last time next to the window, and turned a light pink when Draco decided to sit down next to her.Draco smirked, noticing Lei’s reaction to him simply sitting down near her. He was proud that he still had the charm going for him.

After a few minutes of silence, the four of them began talking of the summer and what they had done, who they had met.

However, when it was Gina’s turn to speak, Draco found himself not able to look away from her, as if he was in some sort of trance.

Deep down, Gina was obviously the same old girl he had been friends with all these years, ever since his youth. However, physically, she had grown a considerable amount over the summer.

A few years back, Draco had started thinking of Gina in a different way, one he could not find himself going for. He did not let it interfere with their friendship, but he could not help the fact that he wanted to be more than friends with her. He did not like having these feelings at all, she was Gina Rivers; the girl he had been best friends with for years. In addition, he was Draco Malfoy; he had a reputation to keep. He was not supposed to like any girl more than the others in that way, as everyone at school knew. He had been trying to deny these thoughts for years about her; he hoped that this year he would find Gina as a friend, no more of these other feelings

Gina’s friend Cali snapped her fingers in front of Draco’s face, “Hey Mr. Malfoy, come back to Earth, why don’t you,” she said, letting a sneaky smile show on her face. She had noticed that Draco had been staring at the other girl.

Draco blinked as his thoughts were interrupted, glaring at Cali, “Why don’t you keep your hands to yourself, Vich. I was simply remembering something I had to finish,” he stated, more to himself than to her, shrugging like it off was not a big deal.

Cali smirked, knowing he was lying to her. She gave him a look that clearly asked a question to what was going on, but Draco chose to ignore it as he turned away from her.

Draco sighed to himself and looked over to the window for a few seconds, jumping a bit when he felt something on his lap. He glanced down, finding Roxy curled up on his robes.

“Hello there, Roxy. It’s been awhile,” he murmured, petting the fox’s back for a minute. He was the one who had given Roxy to Gina, back in the 4th year for Christmas. Draco could never forget that day; Gina was both shocked and amazed by the gift and had kissed his cheek as a thank you.

Gina smiled to herself as Roxy went over to Draco, glad that they still got along. She had to admit that Draco looked great, as he did every other year. His hair was a bit longer and parted better, and he looked more grown-up, though she was sure he would not act like he was.

Soon the whistle blew, letting the whole train know they would soon be arriving at Hogwarts.
Gina and the other girls stood up and took the robes off the hangers that hung near the window.

Draco looked at them, a bit confused as they stared blankly at him. He could not understand what that meant until he noticed that they had not changed into their school robes.

He smirked, “Something wrong? Go ahead and change into your robes,” he said as he continued to pet Roxy, acting normally.

Gina rolled her eyes, walked over to him, and picked the fox from his lap. She grabbed Draco’s arm and pulled him to his feet, dragging him to the door as she opened it.

She pushed him out of the room, telling him to wait until they were finished changing.
She closed the door as she heard sounds of disappointment come from him. She put Roxy onto a seat and the three of them began taking off their muggle clothing.

Lei was the one who spoke first, speaking of the same subject she always spoke of once it came up. “He looks great this year,” she said quietly as she pulled on her robes.

Cali shrugged at Lei’s statement, “I guess, but you might have a bit of competition for him, Lei,” she said, smiling to herself like a cat would to a mouse.

Lei looked at her friend, confused. “What are you talking about? I so do not have competition… well, other than those millions of girls… and boys that want him for themselves. However, that is not the point here. What is going through your head, Cali Vich?” she asked, speaking more stern than before.

Cali sighed and shook her head, "You will find you soon enough. It might upset you, but that would be expected, would it not?" she asked as she put on her own robes, fixing her hair so it was not frizzy.

Lei looked down at her feet, as if pondering what was going on.
Gina glanced up at them once her emerald robes were on. “Come on, guys! There is no reason to mope around now. Our final year at Hogwarts is finally starting!” she said excitedly, trying to loosen the mood. It had seemed gloomy, not cheery like it should be.

She shot a dark glance over at Cali, who was just calmly putting her messenger bag around her shoulder, pretending not to take any notice to Gina’s look.


Lei sighed, she was now waiting patiently for the train to stop moving, "You are right, Gina… As always," she stated rather stiffly, "We should be having fun and making the best of this year, as it is our last year together," she added, putting her face down again.

Now it was Cali’s turn to jump in, "No need to worry, girls. We will still see each other after school all the time. Now we should have this little chat when school is over, not before it even begins," she stated, nodding slightly and smiling genuinely.

Gina could not help but smile as she looked to the now smiling Lei and the beaming Cali. She walked over to the door to let Draco back in, now that they were done changing.

As soon as the door opened, a body fell face forward onto the floor. Gina sighed, knowing she was right; he was not going to change.

“Trying to take a peek, Malfoy?” Gina asked, trying her best to sound tough. She was mean and cruel, sure, but she could not sound like she was in a gang. It just did not work out.

Draco just smiled and stood up, brushing the dust off his robes. “Don’t even try it,” he said to Gina, setting his hand on her shoulder as he laughed.

Gina rolled her eyes and was about to say something before the whistle blew again, this time an announcer came on the speakers in the corner of the room.

“Good afternoon, students. We have arrived at Hogwarts. First years go off to Hagrid as soon as you exit the train. That is all.”

Gina smiled and completely forgot about Cali and Lei as she linked arms with Draco and skipped off the train when it stopped.

Draco did not bother asking what was up with the sudden mood change; sometimes it was better to just go along with it, right?

Lei and Cali walked slowly after Draco and Gina, carrying their own trunks as well as Gina’s since she had forgotten about it. Roxy sat on Cali’s shoulder as they walked, rubbing against her neck.

Lei looked upset, as she had now understood what Cali had mentioned about Draco when they changed.

Gina stopped skipping and looked behind her, mentally hitting herself when she saw her friends carrying her stuff.

“Sorry! I’m just so excited to be back,” Gina stated, frowning since she was so forgetful.

Cali waved her hand a bit, “No problem, we are soooo used to picking up after your mistakes, it’s really like a second nature to us,” she said, laughing.

Gina fumed for a few seconds as she took her trunk and Roxy’s cage before noticing how down Lei looked again, “Hey, what’s the matter?” she asked, putting a free arm around the girl’s shoulder.
Lei looked up at her friend and smiled weakly, then glanced to Cali and nodded slightly. She looked over to the crowd of people and then looked back to Gina, “I gotta get going really quick, alright?” she said, nodding over to an attractive boy who was calling over to her. “I’ll meet you at the table to watch the sorting, okay?” she added as she ran over to the boy and quickly walked away with him.

Cali made a noise in her throat lowly, "She is really dedicated to Draco, isn’t she,” she stated sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Gina laughed and turned back to Draco, only to find that he wasn’t there. He disappeared, as always. He probably left to go hit on some girl, whether she be in Slytherin or any other house. Well of course, probably not anyone in Gryffindor. He had far too much pride for that.

Cali grabbed Gina’s hand and the two of them began walking towards the school, smiling and saying hello to all of the familiar faces they passed.

Once they were in the front hallway, they set their trunks and things against a wall so it would be in the Slytherin girls’ dorm by the time dinner was finished.

When the two of them sat at their table on the far side of the Great Hall, Gina saw the first years going to the front of the room, waiting for the sorting to start.

She saw her brother and smirked at him from the distance, awaiting him to come to her table. He had better not make a fool of her this year; she had already let him know what would happen to him if he did. He had also better not tell anyone any of her secrets. That kid went through her room any chance he got.

In a few moments, the sorting began.

“Abbs, Julie,” Professor McGonagall announced.

The sorting hat put the first girl into Ravenclaw, which was not much of a surprise. She was obviously a brain, with her large glasses and all.When they were sorting through the D’s, Gina noticed something.

Where was Lei? She had said that she would be back in time for the sorting, and she wasn’t around. Gina looked down the table and saw that she was not there, either. This time she began getting a bit worried, it was not like her to miss the sorting, as she loved seeing the new faces in Slytherin.

…But where was she?