Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Weasley Charm ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I haven't finished my other stories because my computer with the chapter updates is broken so I've decided to start something that doesn't necessarily have a set ending. I should update at least twice a week most likely on Tuesday, Thursday, or the weekend since I don't have class those days. Hope you enjoy my take on Angelina and George (such a great pairing idk why people find it so wrong when obviously Fred and Angelina weren't together in the last book).

Disclaimer: I refuse to put more than one of these I mean duh it's not mine hence I have to write on here. J.K is a complete and utter genius and her Harry Potter series is amazing.

Prompt 43Footsteps
Word Count913

The hallways echoed with the click of her heels hitting the abandoned corridor floors. The distant sound of The Weird Sisters could be heard faintly as Angelina made her way through the castle looking for a lavatory that wasn't filled with girls crying in the stalls as others gossiped and fixed their makeup in mirrors. The Yule Ball had only been going on for a few hours now but already there had been breakups, makeups, cheating, and random students caught trying to shag by professors and Fred and Angelina had enjoyed making fun of every last minute of it. That is when they weren't dancing wildly together, much to other couples dismay, even to the slow songs.

If there was one good decision about tonight, it was definitely Angelina's choice to take a chance on one of her best mates and go to the dance with him, even if she had been secretly wishing for someone else to ask. Fred Weasley was good at many things, most of which are mischievous, but to Angelina's great surprise and joy Fred knew how to show a girl a good time. He had conjured flowers for her before they left the Gryffindor corridor, presenting her with his arm to hold on to as they walked the halls, and was refraining from playing any pranks that would ruin the night. All in all the night was going wonderfully and Angelina wanted to hurry back to see what else was in store, but as she got farther away from the Great Hall's boisterous music she became distinctly aware of the soft tread of footsteps coming towards her.

Bending down to reach her wand which she had stuck within the straps running up her legs from her shoes, the dark skinned chaser came face to face with the crotch of finely pressed black dress robes. Her breath caught in the back of her throat causing a gasp to release from her lips before she could stop it. Time seemed to stand still as Angelina tried to process the situation.

After a few seconds of silence a hearty laugh filled the air as the stranger finally spoke. "Well someone's a little over eager to please, but I won't complain if you insist love."

Angelina jumped up at the comment, slapping the redheaded offender in the shoulder. She should have known that if anyone was going to invade her personal space it would have to be one of the Weasley twins. "George Weasley, you git, you scared me half to death."

"Bloody hell Ang you hit like a man and to think you were just so willing to satisfy me two seconds ago," replied the befreckled teenager, wiggling his eyebrows as his hand lifted to rub at his shoulder.

"You're never gonna let me live this down are you?" A faint blush was creeping up her caramel complexion because of his comments and she'd be damned if anyone else found out about

"Never, love. It's almost too good a moment to be true," George said staring at her face as it tinted a rosy shade before raising his hand to her cheek. "So what pray tell are you doing this far away from the dance?"

Angelina lost her train of thought as the second-born Weasley twin began to rub his thumb across her cheeks as if to feel the blush that she knew must be filling them. He was one of the few people she's ever met who actually could get her to blush. A hard feat to accomplish when taking in the fact that her skin was just two shades lighter than pure milk chocolate when she'd been in the sun for even thirty minutes. Licking her lips to try to build moisture in her suddenly dry mouth, Angelina looked up to see George staring hard at her. "I was just trying to get away for awhile. Needed some quiet and to rest my feet. Been dancing like mad with your brother."

"Yeah so I've seen," the jokester replied dryly, dropping his hand from her face and turning away from her to stare into the distance. "Nearly knocked into me you two did."

"Sorry about that. Your brother's a charmer but I'm not sure if he even knows how to slow dance," Angelina apologized suddenly feeling awkwardness creep into the conversation. Thinking to lighten up the situation she continued jokingly, "Actually I haven't seen Ron dancing either. I guess that Weasley charm you twits gloat about so much doesn't include being able to sweep a woman off her feet on the dance floor."

Turning back to her, George stepped forward bringing his body so close to hers that the rise of her chest bumped his everytime she inhaled. His fingers reached out to twirl a strand of hair which she had let out of her braids and straightened for the occasion. "Now Ang when have you ever known me to be so predictable? Unlike my brothers, I can make a woman forget the world around her and melt in my arms off and on the dance floor." Leaning in as if to kiss her, he veered right to brush his lips against her ear. His breath fanning down her neck, leaving goosebumps in it's wake, as he whispered softly, "Save a dance for me tonight won't you love," before pulling back and walking off, leaving Angelina stock-still in the hallway listening to the sounds of his retreating footsteps.