Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Desperation ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: another short ficlet. Should have another one and if my mom stops bothering me then a long chapter. *crosses fingers* really want a long chapter. Thanks for reading. Reviews are welcomed.

Prompt: Body
Word Count:

The rustling of leaves behind her grew closer and closer as she zigzagged through forest trees trying to avoid the curses being hurled at her. Her hands and knees were burning from where they had forced her to the ground. There was an unfamiliar pain between her legs and her scalp was sore from her braids being pulled. She could feel the inside of her chest begin to clench from fear and lack of air yet still she ran.

The sound of her pursuers' voices were right at her back. The heat of their disgusting bodies were prickling the hairs of her own. She could hear the comments they made about what they would do with her once they caught her and although she had gotten away once she didn't think she could a second time so she pushed on. The tip of her wand was digging hard into her leg from its hiding place in her sock and if she had time she would grab it to fight back but risking it could mean the end of her escape. And escape was one thing she needed. To get caught now would mean the death of her but it was the knowledge of what would happen before death that drove her on.

She couldn't survive that again she told herself over and over to push her body to its limits even though deep down she knew she could. But did she want to?
She felt disgusting. Her body was covered with not only her sweat but the sweat of one of the men behind her. Her wrists were probably bruised from where the other had held them down above her head and her palms were scraped and bloody from where she had been pushed onto her knees. Her braids were tangled and coming undone due to the random twigs that kept reaching for her and her vision was blurring from the tears of desperation she could no longer hold back. She felt like she was breaking down from the inside out yet her legs wouldn't let her give up. They pushed her further through the thick of the woods for what felt like hours and ,although she may have been cursing her body a few minutes ago when the men first advanced on her, as a clearing wide enough to apparate in came into view she knew that it wouldn't let her down.