Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Secret ❯ Angelina Johnson ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: funny that I thought drabbles and ficlets would be easy to do but I gotta say I'm finding them damn challenging. There's no set timeline, no function, no serious story, it's just like writing down a jumble of someone's memories in as few words as possible. Hope they're okay because I have no clue sometimes lol.

Prompt: Strangers
Word Count:469

Faces. There were faces everywhere. Black ones, white ones, yellow and red and brown and every shade inbetween. The train station was full of the faces of students and parents and family members, all of whom were there for the same reason. The Hogwarts Express. Their voices rang out into the platform; their laughter and tear filled goodbyes were repeated by those other families around them and climbing onto the steps of the train Fred couldn't help the tingle of apprehension that ran down his body. Although he and George had joked about all the trouble they would get into on their way to fame in the halls of witchcraft and wizardry, he couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by all of the strange faces around him.

Clambering up behind him, his twin slapped him on his back cheerfully, "Oi, stop standing there like a statue and let's go find a compartment." The push he gave him sent him lurching fostraight into a girl his height, knocking them both against the wall.

"Well that's one way to make an entrance," laughed his brother from behind him as he watched his brother pull away from the girl with long braids he had crashed into.

"I'll say,"said the mocha colored girl, brushing herself off. "Well Ginger and," leaning to the side of Fred get a view of the guy talking gazed at George before smiling," Ginger. Since you two are in such a rush to find a compartment, you can pick up my things you made me drop and follow me to mine." Without waiting for a response she began to walk off, looking back over her shoulder to holler,"Well come on you gits," before continuing down the hall.

Grabbing for her bag and scooping everything back into it, Fred stood to see his brother smiling after the girl's retreating back. "George, what exactly just happened?"

"I don't know Ginger," George replied mockingly,"but I do believe I like it." When he turned to face him, Fred saw the all too familiar mischievous smirk on his brother's face. "Well dear brother I do believe we should follow her. Something's telling me she won't let us in if we take too long."

"Yes, dear twin," Fred replied as if it was his own thought George had expressed, "and how can we thank her for the pleasure of her company if we aren't?"

"Exactly. And we both know how much strangers love our thanks," George replied pulling out a Zonko's sweetfrom his pocket, dropping it into her bag and disappearing behind the door of the girl's compartment.
Fred stood staring at the bag in his hand, replaying the the last few minutes in his head, before hearing a door slide open and the distinct call of,"Come on with my bag Ginger."