Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Gryffindor Misfit ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I have had over 1500 hits including the Author's notes I deleted. YAY! I am so happy with my readers â‚°Hands cookies to readersâ‚° So I was motivated to update faster. I hope you all are enjoying this as much as I enjoy writing it. Oh and the Faia picture should be posted on mediaminer in a few days. I hope you all like it. I may not be the best artist, but I do try. The link will be posted on my profile page. Also I can not wait to see your reaction to the plot twist I will throw in. It has to do with Brittany's origins. I can almost guarantee you will not be able to guess it all. It will be chapter fifteen I have the next few chapter outlined plot wise. So long as the plot is a good boy and does not anger me. So I hope you all keep voting for the pairs remember you can vote more than once, and Enjoy the chapter.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Review Responses:
 
Fanfiction . Net
 
The Wandering Star: I am glad you think I am such a good writer. It makes me happy to hear it no matter how many times it is said. I am glad I made you smile. Smiling is always a good thing. Here is the updated chapter, and thank you for taking time to review.
 
Sam: Thank you for the vote. I do agree, I just want to see how many people agree with my original decision. Here is the next chapter, hope you like it. Thank you for taking the time to vote.
 
Edward Cullen's Girl: That you for the vote. Brittany and Draco again. I am not surprised, and am glad I must admit. Thank you for taking the time to vote.
 
turnmeawayagain: I am glad you liked that part. I liked it as well, I figured at least someone would like it. Also for your idea about a fling, well I had thought of using that, and with a suggestion for it I just might. Your vote has been noted, and thanks for voting.
 
Masked Ai: I am glad you loved the song. I hope that you can find it. It is fun to listen to while reading about it this chapter. I am glad you like Brittany. Oh and knowing who her mom is, congrats, but I did not make it hard to figure out. The plot twist about the whole thing in chapter fifteen will be what no one could guess. I hope at least. You are welcome to try, but I have not left any clues to my first major plot twist.
 
leakinoshiro: Here is yet another update for you. Thank you for voting. I am also glad you like how Brittany and Draco are not in love like most stories. It kind of annoys me when it happens. I used to write like that, and my friend Sondra still does. I am glad people appreciate taking the time to develop feelings. Let's face it Draco Malfoy does not fall in love over night. Thank you vote the vote and review.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Talking”
 
Thinking
 
*Scene Change*
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~The Gryffindor Misfit~
 
Chapter Eight: Project Complete and Tension Increases
 
After three long weeks of filming and editing, it was time for the projects to be turned in. Brittany was nervous about what people would think. Blaise on the other hand was confident about their project. It was well done, and from the test they ran on The Weasley Twins and Crabbe and Goyle, it would be just fine.
 
Brittany sat in her stool playing with her jet black hair. Her emerald eyes could not focus on one thing for more than a second before darting to another object. Luna's radish earrings, Neville looking sick, Parvati and Patil glaring at me, Blaise looking at me like I am a loon, the Crystal Ball, the music sheet, my text book. All in all Brittany was scatterbrained and a nervous wreck.
 
Blaise laughed inwardly at her. His caramel colored eyes glancing at her antics every so often. She's going to snap any second now unless Professor Burbage comes in and says something. She must be ADD.
 
Speaking of which Professor Burbage entered the room seemingly right after Blaise thought. There was an excited look in her kind brown eyes. It was similar to that of a child on Christmas Morning.
 
“Alright class for the past three weeks you have been working on your Music Videos so Today we shall watch them.” With a wave of her wand the light turned out all except for one over Professor Burbage's desk.
 
Brittany snapped out of her nervous thoughts and wanderings when the lights went out. She shook her head and sighed. I need a good soak in a bathtub after dinner. She decided.
 
“Who would like to go first?” Professor Burbage asked kindly. No one raise their hands. “No one? Well then I will just have to choose.”
 
“We'll go Professor.” Blaise volunteered suddenly.
 
“Excellent. Bring up your Crystal Ball then. You both need to come up here as well.” Professor Burbage explained.
 
Brittany gave Blaise a dirty look before getting out of her stool. Blaise followed her to the front of the classroom. “We did the Song `Sweet Dreams,' by Annie Lennox. We used a few people for actors, and Kai sang the song.” Blaise told the class.
 
“Interesting. Well let's see it then.” Professor Burbage said as she tapped the Crystal Ball with her wand. Immediately the room was filled with music as well as images. The whole room was the screen.
 
The video opened with Brittany standing on a Rock over looking a very calm Black Lake. She was in a sliver sundress that blew in the wind. With a flash she was standing in a grassy field and there were four males sleeping on the ground. The whole area had a white fog giving it a dream state look. Upon Closer inspection as the instrumental opening grew louder there was Pansy walking around them chanting.
 
Then the words began to play, and Brittany was singing.
 
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
 
Brittany began walking closer to the four and Pansy looked up at her with an evil glint in her eyes. Pansy was wearing a black sundress that matched Brittany's.
 
I travel the world
And the seven seas
 
There was a scene with Brittany on a Broomstick flying fast over an areas. After a quick second she was flying over a large space of water.
 
Everybody's looking for something.
 
It was back to the scene with Brittany, Pansy, and the four others. Brittany was next to Pansy who leaned in and touched the first male. Ron.
 
Some of them want to use you
 
The scene changed to being in the Gryffindor Common Rooms, with the white fog still. Ron was holding Brittany in a loving embrace, while staring off at Hermione. Ron was in his school robes, as was Brittany. Hermione was wearing a tight shirt and a mid-thigh length skirt. Her face was turned slightly looking at the pair.
 
After a few seconds it switch back to Pansy touching the second male on the head. This one was Harry.
 
Some of them want to get used by you
 
In the Quidditch Pitch stood Harry and Brittany kissing, while she winked at something off screen. Both were in their Gryffindor Quidditch Uniforms. There was the white fog still surrounding the scene.
 
Once again quickly it was back to Pansy touching Draco's forehead.
 
Some of them want to abuse you
 
Outside the Potions classroom Draco stood towering over Brittany with an evil glint in his ice blue eyes. Hers in turn were widened in fright. Both were wearing their school robes, but Draco's tie was loose, and Brittany's robe was coming off. He slapped her hard and her head followed quick enough to make anyone think she would have whiplash. She held her cheek.
 
Quickly it was back to Pansy showing Brittany the last of the four Dreams. This time it was Blaise.
 
Some of them want to be abused.
 
Blaise was shirtless in a pair of loose jeans, on his knees, with his hands handcuffed behind his back. Brittany was in front of him in her Dominatrix outfit giving him a good taste of the whip against his skin.
 
There was about twenty seconds of instrumentals while Brittany jumped back and glared at Pansy, who just laughed. She then mouthed something, while Brittany was still the one singing.
 
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
 
Brittany pointed at her and sang back.
 
I travel the world
And the seven seas
 
Then both said the same thing while beginning to advance on one another.
 
Everybody's looking for something.
 
Pansy then grabbed onto Ron's arms, as Brittany grabbed his feet. They then began tugging him back and forth to the words.
 
Hold your head up - Keep your head up - Movin' on
 
Then it was suddenly Harry in their tug-o-war in stead of Ron, not missing a beat.
 
Hold your head up - Movin' on - Keep your head up - Movin' on
 
Then it was Draco being pulled back and forth like a rag doll. This cause the class to burst out laughing.

Hold your head up - Movin' on - Keep your head up - Movin' on
 
It was then Blaise's turn to be used for a fun game of tug-o-war.

Hold your head up - Movin' on - Keep your head up.
In the next segment of instrumental music Pansy Brittany dropped Blaise and started to push each other. Pansy managed to push Brittany down to the ground, and went back to her victims. Once again showing more of their dreams.

Some of them want to use you
 
Ron was then still holding Brittany, but he had motioned for Hermione to come over with one finger. Impressively not blushing. Hermione was sauntering over to the pair when it faded back to Pansy touching Harry's head.

Some of them want to get used by you
 
Brittany and Harry were no longer sharing a kiss, but they were still in an embrace. Brittany was now staring off camera with only her emerald eyes peeking over Harry's should in a `Come and get me' way. It then faded back to Pansy touching Draco's head.

Some of them want to abuse you
 
Brittany had let go of her cheek, only to have Draco hit her so hard that she fell to the ground. She crippled and pain and looked like she was about to cry. Then it once again faded back to Pansy tapping Blaise's forehead.

Some of them want to be abused.
 
Brittany had hit Blaise again and again, while he looked like he was enjoying it. Blaise was panting, his chest heaving, and Brittany had an evil glint in her eyes the entire time. Then it once more faded back to Pansy and Brittany.
 
There was another short instrumental Break where Brittany stood up off the ground and dusted herself off before slapping Pansy and running for Ron. Pansy ran for him as well. The Tug-o-War started over again. Ron was the first one to be pulled.

Hold your head up - Keep your head up - Movin' on
 
Then it was Harry's turn again, only this time Brittany succeded in pulling Harry from Pansy.

Hold your head up - Movin' on - Keep your head up - Movin' on
 
Draco was being pulled around next, and Brittany made sure to have him plow into Pansy. Knocking both backwards.

Hold your head up - Movin' on - Keep your head up - Movin' on
 
Finally it was Blaise's turn but this one ended in a Draw like with Ron.

Hold your head up - Movin' on - Keep your head up.
After dropping Blaise Brittany and Pansy began a slap fight for dominance. Once that failed after a few seconds, they resorted to wrestling each other over the two remaining guys. Brittany pulled Pansy's hair, while Pansy bit Brittany's hand. Brittany punched Pansy in the gut while Pansy kicked Brittany in the shin.
 
Finally the lyrics came back on and Brittany landed a swift kick to Pansy's face. Who in turn fell like a ton of bricks. Brittany then walked to each of the four males. She shook them awake, in order. Each stood up and walked off, as the chorus repeated itself four times into a fade.

Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travel the world
And the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something.
(X4)
 
This ended the video after the credits. The entire class clapped. Seeing Pansy get her ass kicked made them all laugh and smile. Also being able to see Draco Malfoy, as noting but a rag doll made them laugh as well.
 
“Very well done Ms. Kai and Mr. Zabini! I have to say this was certainly an interesting and well done piece.” Professor Burbage praised.
 
“Thank you.” They both replied in unison, glad that everyone liked it.
 
“You may take your seats. Now who would like to go?” Professor Burbage asked kindly. No one was willing to go after that movie, so Professor Burbage was forced to decide for them.
 
As the two walked back to their seats the stress seemed to lift off their shoulders. Brittany smiled at Blaise and vice versa. “We did it.” Brittany whispered as Neville and Luna were chosen to go next.
 
“Yeah, we make a pretty good team, huh.” Blaise whispered back just as happy with the end result of their hard work.
 
“Yeah we do.” Brittany agreed.
 
*Two Hours Later*
 
It was finally the end of class and everyone was feeling good about their project finally being presented and over with. “Alright class, seeing as how there is a dance on Saturday and we do not meet until Tuesday next week I think that no homework is in order. You have all earned it.” Professor Burbage told them happily.
 
The whole class cheered, thankful for a break from one class's homework. Professor Umbridge was doing her best to bog them down with homework. So a Professor giving them a break was a blessing.
 
“Thank you Professor. “ The class chimed as they stood up.
 
“Have a good weekend. I hope to see many interesting costumes at the Halloween Dance.” She declared. “Class dismissed.”
 
Brittany and Blaise once again walked together down the halls to dinner. People were getting used to them being seen together. Unfortunately most Gryffindors saw this as her fraternizing with their enemy and disliked her more. Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs generally ignored her, and the Slytherins were beginning to accept Blaise and Brittany's friendship.
 
Blaise smiled at Brittany happily as he opened the door for her. He was bound to make Draco jealous of Brittany spending so much time with him. It was working and he knew it.
 
Brittany smiled at Blaise gesture and walked into the Great Hall. She waved at him and walked over to her friends. Blaise followed her lead and walked over to his own table of friends.
 
Brittany was still smiling sitting down next to Hermione again. “Blaise and I did well today.” Brittany said forgetting that no one knew they were on a first name basis yet. She realized it too late, but waved it off figuring her friends would not care.
 
“What did you say?” Harry and Ron whispered angrily.
 
“Zabini and I did well today. Professor Burbage loved our project.” Brittany told them putting food onto her plate.
 
“No you called him Blaise.” Ron stated accusingly.
 
“Don't tell me you two are honestly becoming close.” Harry begged.
 
“It does not matter Harry. He's a nice person, and he's not a prick like most guys. Besides dad likes him, and approves of us being friends.” Brittany defended.
 
“That is not the point Brittany. He's friends with Malfoy, who tried to kill you.” Harry sighed.
 
“No that is not the point either. Malfoy has been civil to me ever since we started filming. I do not know it that was because of the deal we made or not, but that is not the point. You are mad that I am spending time with a Slytherin just like the rest of our house. What happens after we get out of Hogwarts? Houses won't really matter anymore you two.” Brittany shot back getting a little angry at their stubbornness.
 
“You know what if you like them that much why don't you just go over their and eat with them. You are already making friends with them! You might as well get to know your new friends better.” Ron told her in a fit of anger, without thinking.
 
“I can't believe you just said that!” Brittany cried out in anger. “You're a git Ronald Weasley!” Brittany then set down her fork without touching her food and stood up calmly. She then walked out of the Great Hall, her head held high.
 
“Good job genius. You pissed her off. That was entirely uncalled for!” Hermione scolded before getting up and following after her friend.
 
Ron and Harry looked ashamed as everyone began to stare at them. “WHAT?” They shouted together.
 
Blaise had seen the whole spectacle of Brittany storming off and Hermione following her. Quickly finishing his food he followed after her. Draco sighed watching his friend go after that misfit.
 
He is spending too much time with her. I can not believe this! Blaise might actually like her. Sure she is attractive, but she's annoying. Something in him told him he only found her annoying, because she was the only female who stood up to him. Well other than Granger, but she was in love with that Weasel. Which somewhere in the messed up part of his brain, he thought was a turn on. What am I thinking? I thought that after that shag it would cure this attraction. Hmm, maybe I just need to ignore her.
 
*With Hermione and Brittany in the Astronomy Tower*
 
Hermione smiled at her friend. “I figured you would be here. You always come up here when you're troubled.” Hermione smiled as Brittany turned to her.
 
“Yeah I mean it is just so angering. I mean is it so wrong to be friends with a Slytherin. The title is only good for less than three more years. Once we get into the real world it is just a term from when we were in school.” Brittany sighed exasperated.
 
“I understand your point Brittany. Unfortunately those two are hot headed gits sometimes. I am sure they mean well, protecting you from Malfoy after that accident of yours. They just don't know how to be tactful about it.” Hermione tried to explain her friends' lack of logical thought.
 
“I know, it is just that, what Ron said it true on some levels. I mean look at who my father is `Mione. Some part of me does belong with the Slytherins. It is no hidden secret from them, and they realize it. I just got so mad at Ron when he said I should eat with them. I think he wanted to tell me to join that house. He refrained though. But still he just pisses me off. You need to get a tighter leash on your man's mouth.” Brittany stated, sneaking in a little jab at the end.
 
“He is not my man.” Hermione declared blushing. “You know that. He's too stupid to see I like him.”
 
“Then tell the bloody idiot. We all know he is a little slow when it comes to these things. Well, a lot of things, but that is beside the point. The point is you need to tell him how you feel. It is that simple.” Brittany encouraged.
 
“Yeah what if he rejects me. It would make our friendship weird.” Hermione rushed.
 
“Ugh! You two are hopeless!” Brittany said throwing her arms in the air. “Harry and I have to do everything.”
 
There was a male chuckle heard from the door way. Blaise stood there smiling at the two females. “Um sorry to interrupt. I was just wondering if everything was alright.” Blaise told them.
 
“Oh no it's fine. Actually I was just leaving.” Hermione declared thankful for the distraction. She really did not want Brittany telling her how she could tell Ron that she loved him.
 
“We will finish this conversation later Hermione Granger! I know where you sleep.” Brittany said in a stern tone while Hermione fled from the room. “What a great friend. Running off when I try to tell her to tell her crush she likes him.” Brittany sighed.
 
“Oh, I am sure she'll come around to the idea one day.” Blaise told her walking over to her. He smiled at her. “Are you really okay though. What did Potter and Harry say that made you so mad?”
 
“Well I accidentally slipped up and said your first name, and they called me out on it. Then Harry said that getting close to you was bad because of you being friends with Malfoy. Then I argued about how it did not matter, and Malfoy was being civilized. Then Ron said I ought to just go and eat with the Slytherins and get to know my new friends better.” Brittany explained.
 
“Basically they were being gits.” Blaise surmised.
 
“Yeah, pretty much.” Brittany agreed. “It's okay though. Ron will apologize before the next Quidditch Practice. He would not want me mad at him during a practice, again.” She laughed her Emerald eyes twinkling.
 
“Well I am glad you weren't upset. I'd feel bad. With us being friends it is hard for you huh? Now you aren't fitting in even more.” Blaise sighed feeling guilty. His own caramel eyes refused to meet her emerald colored ones.
 
“Honestly it does not matter. I will grow out of being a misfit. The other jerks will never grow out of being jerks though. Besides Slytherins are fun. They are not goody-to-shoes. Then again neither are any of my other friends. So don't feel guilty. It's not your fault most people are selfish pricks.” Brittany reasoned.
 
Blaise seemed to look happier now that his new friend did not blame him for being more of a misfit. “That's good. But you said my first name in front of the others, right.”
 
“Yeah. What about it?” Brittany asked unsure of what he was getting at.
 
“Would you mind doing it all the time? We are friends now. Besides I am getting sick of having to remind myself that I am not supposed to say your first name.” Blaise asked hopeful. Draco will get even more pissed if that happens. Besides I am a little sick of mentally correcting myself.
 
“I think that would be a good idea. I don't want to have to correct myself either Blaise.” Brittany smiled at him.
 
“That's good Brittany. Um I have another question.” Blaise said in a nervous tone. I have to pull this off just right. Acting skills do not fail me know.
 
“Go ahead Blaise.” Brittany told him encouragingly.
 
“Alright. Would you like to go to the Halloween Dance with me?” Blaise asked Brittany in a kind tone. He fidgeted a bit.
 
“You're not really nervous Blaise. I can tell, remember I am also an actor.” Brittany told him laughing. “But yes I'll go.”
 
“Just as friends though.” Blaise clarified. I don't want to rush this or Draco will suspect something.
 
“Obviously. Alright so what are you going as?” Brittany asked kindly.
 
“I'll be a Prince.” Blaise said blushing. “Draco talked me into it.”
 
“Sounds like something Malfoy would go as. Unless you are both Princes. Ugh he's arrogant isn't he.” Brittany laughed. “Well then I will be sure to go as a Princess. So that we match.” Brittany told him.
 
“Alright. And yes he is going as a Prince as well. Something about proclaiming we are both princes of Hogwarts or something. I really did not pay attention.” Blaise admitted.
 
“Aww, I almost wanted to see him as a giant teddy bear. Oh well.” Brittany smirked brining up Draco's secret weakness.
 
“Don't bring that up around him, or anyone else.” Blaise warned.
 
“I know, I know. I'm not stupid like a certain red head friend of mine.” Brittany sighed.
 
“Alright well shall we head back to the Great Hall?” Blaise asked kindly his caramel eyes begging. It would kill him to see us walk into the Great Hall together, again.
 
“Unfortunately I need to see Faia, she needs to be fed. Thanks for the offer though.” Brittany smiled. “We can walk together until I need to head to the Gryffindor Tower.” She compromised.
 
“Alright.” Blaise agreed.
 
The two walked out of the room together and made small talk and laughed a bit. When it was time to part ways Blaise smiled at her. “I will meet you here at 7:00 tomorrow night then my princess.” He joked.
 
“Well until then, my prince.” Brittany added happily before walking off up another set of Stairs to the Gryffindor Tower.
 
Blaise turned around only to face his best friend and his two goons. “Hey there Draco.”
 
Draco then scowled his ice blue eyes darkening considerably. “What was that about?” He hissed. Please let it not be what I think it was.
 
“I asked Brittany to the Halloween Dance and she accepted. She's going to be my Princess.” Blaise stated simply.
 
““On a first name basis huh, Blaise?” Draco asked coldly.
 
“Yeah, and your point is what. She's a friend, and friends call themselves by their first names.” Blaise defended just as coldly. It is working.
 
“I can't believe you are going to that dance with a Gryffindork. Most of all their misfit.” Draco told him angered.
 
“What is this I hear. Mr. Zabini is reaching beyond his own house for a date to the dance?” Professor Snape said scaring the four males. (AN: Remember Crabbe and Goyle are still there.)
 
“Yes, I asked Brittany Kai to go with me. But just as friends, nothing more than that.” Blaise explained.
 
“Ah, well that is an improvement. I do not usually approve of Gryffindors, but that girl has a talent with Potions very few can match. Besides she does hate our house, unlike her peers.” Snape explained, his fake reason for being fine with it.
 
“Professor you can't actually approve?” Draco asked surprised.
 
“She plays Quidditch well, She works hard, is a good student, especially in Potions, she is kind to everyone no matter the house, and she does not take crap from anyone. The girl also has a few Slytherin tendencies, She'll do anything to get what she wants if she wants it bad enough, she is manipulative, and is crafty.” Snape explained. “If there were ever a Gryffindor I approve of it would be her.”
 
Draco nodded his head and accepted the Professor's words. Also the reason behind his words got him thinking. He then pushed it to the darkest farthest corner of his mind to forget about it.
 
“Well I suggest you all go to the Common rooms and finish your Potions Essay. Who knows if you'll finish it after tonight.” Snape told them calmly before walking off to Professor Dumbledore's office.
 
The four guys nodded at him and then proceeded to the Slytherin Common Rooms. “I can't believe Professor Snape agrees with your choice. There nothing that great about her.” Draco told Blaise.
 
“Well he sees something in her. You know how picky he is when it comes to females. He likes her, for a Gryffindor. There must be something different about her then.” Blaise told him. “Professor Snape, Potter and his gang, her team, and I see it. Maybe if you think about it you'll see it too.”
 
“Yeah right. If I ever thought of Kai as anything other than a misfit, I'll reveal my secret.” Draco exclaimed determined to never fall for her.
 
“I'll hold you to that Draco.” Blaise laughed. “You better watch yourself then.”
 
“I'll admit she's attractive, but that is it. She's a Gryffindor, and that turns me off more than anything.” Draco declared.
 
“Whatever mate. Professor Snape and I saw past that. You will too sometime.” Blaise taunted. This is really going well, and it is fun. No wonder Brittany likes to torment him.
 
“Yeah right. Keep dreaming Blaise.” Draco told him as they neared the dungeons.
 
“I will.” Blaise whispered so than none of the others would hear him.
 
*Gryffindor Common Rooms*
 
Brittany walked into the room and immediately sought out her two male friends. Once she found them she sat down next to them. The refused to look at her. She figured they were still angry at her. They were actually feeling really guilty.
 
“We need to talk you two.” Brittany told them in a demanding tone.
 
“Fine. Where do you want to talk?” Harry sighed.
 
“We can talk in your room. You can kick the others out of the room if you need to.” Brittany told them.
 
“Seamus and Neville are in the Library working on Essays.” Ron told her quietly.
 
“Let's go then.” Brittany told them.
 
The three of them walked up the stairs to the boys dormitory. Harry opened the door for Brittany and they walked inside. Brittany sat on Harry's bed and motioned for them to do the same. Harry sat next to her, Ron sat on his bed though.
 
“I am sorry for snapping at you two. I know you were just looking out for me.” Brittany said after a moment of awkward silence.
 
“No, we did not like how you were getting closer to anyone.” Harry admitted. “We were just so used to you being really good friends with us and the team. It just pissed us off to see you happy hanging out with a Slytherin.”
 
“Are you jealous Harry?” Brittany asked amazed. “I never thought you'd be jealous of Blaise.”
 
“On a first name basis?” Ron asked in a quiet tone.
 
“Yes, he is a friend. I do not like calling my friends by their last name. it just sounds weird.” Brittany admitted.
 
“We are jealous Brittany. Not just me. Ron refuses to admit it.” Harry explained.
 
“Are you serious? You two Ron?” Brittany asked. “Why?”
 
“You're like a sister to me. I really do not want to share you with other guys. I can't control Ginny, but you never had many males after you because of that stupid Misfit thing. I was just not used to sharing a close friend with a Slytherin of all people.”
 
“Aww. You both are my closest friends. Well next to `Mione. Anyway, you two are like family, and just because I have a new friend does not mean I am going to ignore you. No one will take me away guys.” Brittany reassured them.
 
“We know.” They chorused.
 
“Ron you need to ask Hermione to the dance as punishment. Harry you need to be nice to my date.” Brittany told them.
 
“WHAT?!” The both exclaimed.
 
“Blaise asked me to go the dance with him as friends. So because you were mean and made me so mad you have to do this for me. Besides it is the least you can do. Just one little thing. Besides he's just a friend, and it does not matter that he's a Slytherin. Not to me at least.”
 
“Hermione already told us this.” Ron admitted rubbing his head. “That ruddy girl hit me with her Potion's textbook When I said you needed to stay away from him.
 
“I am not surprised.” Brittany smiled and stood up.
 
“She hit me too when I agreed.” Harry told her.
 
“Well you both deserved it. Oh well. I have to talk to her now. I can't have her punishing my friends for me.” Brittany laughed and began walking over to the door.
 
“Go get her.” The two cheered.
 
“We'll see.” Brittany told them as she exited their room.
 
Brittany then walked to the Girl's Dormitory and headed to her own room. Brittany opened the door and smiled when she found Hermione and Faia together. They were both on Hermione's bed. Faia noticed her mistress was back and flew over to her.
 
“Oh, you're back. I was telling Faia about what could be happening between you and Zabini, that was holding you up.” She taunted for revenge of the earlier comments about Ron.
 
“Well, we decided to call each other by our first names.” Brittany said sitting on her own bed.
 
“I figured that you would. Anything else? You were gone for a long time.” Hermione asked.
 
“He asked me to the Halloween Dance.” Brittany told her happily. “As just friends. It would be awkward if it were an actually date.”
 
Hermione smiled at her. “You are lucky someone asked you. I was hoping Ron would learn from last year's Yule Ball, but no.” Hermione confessed.
 
“Well it may happen yet. You never know.” Brittany told her with a secret smile.
 
“Okay, if you say so” Hermione sighed. “It is time for me to work on my Defense Against the Dark Arts essay. I would not want to procrastinate like two of our friends love to do.” She joked.
 
“Yeah, well I am going to hang out here for a little while. I will come back down later.” Brittany told her while petting Faia.
 
“Alright see you later.” Hermione told her, leaving the room.
 
Brittany sighed and hugged Faia to her. “I hope you were good for Hermione. Now I can spend more time with you, with that project done with.”
 
Faia nodded and purred happily. She began flying over to a little toy and brought it to Brittany. Brittany then pulled out her wand and tapped it. It disappeared, and Faia went to go hunt it down.
 
You know I thought that the stress was going to go away. Unfortunately that is not the case. I just hope that it all blows over. I will have to put together a Princess costume. I was one two years ago. I wonder if it is still in my trunk. If not I'll have dad convince Dumbledore to let me go get it. Oh well. It was nice to finally be asked to go to a dance. Sometimes I would go with Harry, but it is nice for a change in the date once in a while. I just hope those two accept that I am friends with Blaise. I am the Gryffindor Misfit, and my life is always complicated.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Preview of the Next Chapter: A Dance to Remember
 
“Wow Brittany you look amazing.” Blaise told her taking her hand.
 
“He did not agree to go with her did he.?” Brittany asked trying to contain her mirth.
 
“At least I look better than you ₪₪₪â‚&# 170;₪₪₪.” ; Brittany told her haughtily.
 
Try not to piss me off Malfoy.” Brittany warned.
 
“Why would you care for this worthless Gryffindork?” Draco yelled angrily.
 
“Good going you bloody gits.” Hermione hissed. “You made her cry. I hope you're all happy.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Poll Results So Far:
 
Brittany with Draco: * * * * * * *
 
Brittany with Blaise: *
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
AN: I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. The next one has some drama in it. YAY! I really do not have much to say. Remember to vote for the pair you think should be together. Oh and also review if you can. They make my world go around, and help me to update faster.