Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ To Find You Again ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

To Find You Again

By Utena

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two Years Later –

 

 

 

 

 

Settled on the couch watching the exchange of gifts between the Malfoy family, Hermione could not wait to present her husband with his own gift. She had taken Narcissa out with her just days’ prior in search of the perfect gift, but she could find nothing that would fit. It was not until they returned home that Narcissa took her to her study to offer something that she had thought could be of use. It was exactly what she had been looking for and both women started looking for an appropriate box to house such a gift.

“There are no more gifts,” Rose stated glancing down at her own gifts that she could not wait to take upstairs and play with. Even the new robes her grandparents had given her were everything and she was excited about wearing them during their early trip tomorrow to Hogsmeade. “May I be excused, Momma?”

“Of course, darling,” Narcissa stated shooting a glance at her daughter-in-law and smiling. “Lucius, why don’t we go with Rose and see which outfit would be perfect for our little outing tomorrow?”

Lucius smiled knowingly and rose from his seat, gathering up his granddaughter into his arms. “All right, I suppose I could see what you young ladies have in mind.”

And with that, the three were gone from the room as Rose’s laughter mixed with that of her grandparents.

Left alone, Hermione moved to retrieve the small gift she had hidden on the mantle and returned to her place next to her husband.

“This is for you,” she whispered feeling nervous as she watched him glance down at the small gift for a moment and then take it from her hand.

Draco was not certain Hermione could top any of her other gifts to him, but when he unwrapped it and opened the small lid, he found himself glancing down at the silver rattle nestled deep in the velvet redlining.

Reaching in, he pulled the rattle out and looked it over. “You think I am overgrown kid,” he started but Hermione’s shake of her head halted his words.

“No, it’s for your baby,” she whispered softly looking up at him with a small, uncertain smile tugging on the corners of her mouth.

“For my ba-“the words died down on his lips as realization set in and elation took over. They were going to be parents again. He could feel the excitement build up inside of him and he reached over to drag his wife into his arms, raining kisses all over his face. “Do my parents know? Wait, do not tell me. Of course, they would know before me. I could see the exchange my Mother had with you before she left the room. She was in on it! Mother is always in on matters like this.”

To be perfectly honest, he was surprised that she had not added Luna and Pansy into the mix, but part of him had the notion that they knew as well. It had been a surprise to him when he had entered Hermione’s former home to find not only Harry there but also Pansy and even more came to the surprise that Pansy had a child with Harry. Yet, he could see that Harry was willing to give up everything for the boy and start a life with Pansy. He could only surmise that Harry had always been in love with Draco’s former best friend that had changed him altogether.

Draco had watched his wife initiate the first extension of the olive branch to the Boy Who Lived, who in turn promised he would do anything to make up for the things he had done to her. For Draco, it was enough to give Potter a chance.

But he did not expect that shortly after Potter’s high-profiled divorce from the She-Weasel would turn into an elopement for not only Harry and Pansy but also Luna and Blaise. It had been quite a surprising two years, but this…this was now the icing on the cake for him. He had everything he had ever wanted right here on his lap. He loved Hermione and knew that she had loved him too. Their marriage had survived with Astoria’s departure and even grew into the two of them hating to be away from each other.

It had even come to the point that Draco refused to have another secretary unless it was his wife.

And who was Hermione to turn down such a sexy boss?

“I’m sorry,” she apologized softly cupping his face lovingly, “but I wanted to make sure and Narcissa was the one I knew would help me find the best gift to give you.”

At that moment, he did not care. He was about to be a father again and this time there would be nothing to come between them.

“I love you, Hermione,” he said softly kissing her again.

“I love you too, Draco.”

The End