Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Too Smart For Him ❯ Dazed and Dreamy Eyed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I pushed open the door to the girl’s bathroom and turned right, towards the common room. I was in such a rush that I didn’t even notice him at first, standing there, watching the door. Waiting for me?
“Granger…” said his silky voice from behind my back. I turned sharply and my books flew to the floor.
“Oh, erm…” I flustered while desperately trying to collect my books that were scattered across the cold stone. I felt my cheeks burning as he stood over me, observing me, like a hawk watches its prey before it goes in for the kill.
“Here, let me help.” He said in a very different voice to before, softer and without menace. I was taken aback so I just looked at him for a few seconds, taking in his features and they broke into his unusual warming laugh that few people have ever heard. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as he knelt down to help.
“No, really it’s fine.” I snap as I snatch a book away from him. “I can do it myself.” I reach for Year with the Yeti and so does he. Our hands touch and I can feel the cold, softness of his hand on mine and in that moment my heart did a triple backflip and the blood rushed to my head. I looked up at him for what felt like eternity, I wanted to kiss him like I have never wanted anything before. The enchantment lifted as his gaze drifted to the book and he swiftly picked it up and handed it to me as if it were something he didn’t want. Dazed and dreamy eyed I took it from him and watched him stand up, brush himself off and stride round the corner, leaving me sitting on the floor like a rabbit in the headlights. A small laugh escaped my mouth and a grin spread across my face, collecting the rest of my books I practically skipped to the common room, head held high.