Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Birds of Prey ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Docky.

Pairing/Interaction: Seras Victoria and Alexander Anderson.

----

Birds of Prey

Father Anderson was pacing the length of the small room he'd been shoved into a few minutes prior. It wasn't fair, he had every right to be at this special Vatican meeting, but Maxwell had insisted that he be confined to this little waiting room down the hall from the conference. In frustration, he sighed and kicked the gilded table next to him, grinning in satisfaction when the wood groaned from the contact.

"You go in here and wait, miss," came the instructions of Father Renaldo as he ushered in a visibly uneasy woman in a light khaki uniform, of which she was trying desperately to keep the hem of her skirt for creeping any higher as she walked.

Spinning around, to face the elder priest and his charge, Anderson caught and held the crimson gaze of the young woman. Shock waged with anger as his brain tried to find words to voice his outrage as he pointed an accusing finger at the girl.

At the same time, Seras stared in horror at the tall priest. What kind of sick joke was this? She was supposed to wait in here with…with…that! Eyes wide and body trembling with shock she raised her arm and pointed at the priest.

"You," roared the mighty Paladin.
"You," squeaked the frightened vampire.

"You," interrupted Father Renaldo in an exasperated voice, "…you, two are to stay here and behave!" With that, he shoved Seras all the way into the room, marched over to a large ornate cabinet and pulled a box from one of its many drawers. A loud crash behind him had Father Renaldo gritting his teeth and muttering as he turned around. Turning, he found the police officer trying to fend off one of Anderson's blessed blades with what remained of a priceless antique end-table.

"Now stop it!" yelled the elder priest, catching the attention of the two combatants, "both of you are under strict orders not to shed blood or fight in the Holy City! Now sit down and behave!" A bit shocked by Father Renaldo's outburst Anderson sheepishly put away his blades, while Seras peaked out from behind the heavy gold inlaid end-table she was holding up as a gaudy shield.

Holding back a stream of stress induced curses, Father Renaldo stalked up to Anderson and shoved the box into the man's large, gloved hands. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath before opening them again, Father Renaldo leveled a glare at both Seras and Anderson before imparting his final instructions.

"You two will be here for a while, so occupy yourselves with something useful for a change," he said, motioning to the box. Turning on his heel, he walked stiffly to the open door, pausing long enough to throw another glare over his shoulder at the two enemies before slamming the door solidly behind him.

Annoyed at the whole situation, Anderson ripped the top of the box off and stared at its contents. Seras, curiosity overcoming her fear of the blond priest, tossed the damaged table away and came to peer down into the box Anderson was holding.

Eyebrows raised, she looked up at the glowering Anderson and said the first thing that came to mind, "Fuck me blind! We're supposed to do that?"

A few hours later.

Sir Integral, Enrico Maxwell were walking down the hallway to collect their respective subordinates, trading insults and sniping away at each other with casual flair. The Vatican meeting with Hellsing had gone rather well without the interruptions of Alucard, who had been confined to the Hellsing grounds. Coming around a corner, they spied Walter and Father Renaldo eaves dropping outside a door.

A bit surprised at her subordinate's behavior, Integral cocked a questioning eyebrow at Walter, who put a finger to his lips and motioned her closer. Stealing a glance at the overtly curious Maxwell, Integral shrugged and moved over to Walter's side. From inside the room they could hear the muffled voices of a man and a woman.

"Is that…" Integral whispered to Walter, who nodded his affirmation. "Then who is the other voi…" Maxwell, who frowned and said softly, "Anderson", interrupted her whispered question. Eyes widening, Integral turned her attention back to the conversation in the other room.

"Do you think it will fit? I mean the tip of it seems awfully large for the hole," Seras said a bit doubtfully.

"It should, that's how the book said it went. Besides the shaft is a bit smaller and smooth so it should slide in there…" Anderson paused, "Hmm, seems a bit more snug than I first thought." A soft grunt could be heard along with sounds of muttered curse words.

"It's not going in.," he said flatly.
"Wha? You're the guy! You're supposed to know what you're doing!"
"Oh, stuff it, Draculina, I've never did this before, either!"

Integral, her cheeks burning, sputtered in a harsh whisper, "I really don't think we should be…" Only to be shushed by another outburst from the room.

"Damn it, just shove it in already," snapped Seras, followed by a male grunt and a soft scrapping sound. "How's that, then?"
"Hmm, seems a bit snug…"Anderson replied.
"Well the book said that it should slide in and out easily."
"No…och, oh Jesu Cristi…it's stuck!" exclaimed Anderson.
"Stuck? Oh, that's not good. The book didn't say anything about this," replied Seras uncertainly, "Say, try jiggling it about some…"

By this time Integral was mortified and the men around her seemingly enthralled. Even Walter seemed intent on the happenings in the other room, Integral mused while fumbling for a cigar and her trusty lighter. As she took a soothing puff of nicotine, she formulated the outraged verbal lashing that she would give these middle-aged perverts. Grinding her teeth, nearly severing the cigar in her mouth, she clenched her fists and turned to the three men listening in varying degrees of lust and disgust.

Blue eyes flashing with cold fire, she spat out, "You are the most disgusting…" but before she could even get started she was once more interrupted by the antics of the occupants of the other room.

A male yelp followed by incoherent cursing, echoed even out into the hallway.

"Damnit, girl! It broke off!"

Integral choked on her cigar as Father Renaldo fainted and both Maxwell and Walter turned subtle shades of green.

"You big oaf! You used too much force…now what? Can we glue it back on?"

That was the straw; Integral lost her rage and dissolved into laughter, alerting the occupants in question to their audience outside the door.

The door was thrown open and a flustered looking Seras stormed out and went to Integral, "I can't believe it. He broke it. After all that work getting it ready!" This just sent Integral into another fit of laughter. Confused Seras tried to explain the dire situation, "We were following instructions when that idiot," she said pointing at Anderson as he emerged from the room carrying something in his hands, "used too much force and broke the shaft off…look at it!"

"Heavens, Officer Victoria! I don't want to see it!" exclaimed a slightly shocked Integral as Seras grabbed Anderson and ushered him over to the Hellsing leader.

"Here, show her," ordered Seras.
Jerking his arm from the young vampire, Anderson gave Seras a death glare and shoved his hands out for Sir Integral to inspect what he was holding. Curiosity winning out over her better judgment (which she'd later rationalize, along with the rest of her behavior, as a consequence of exhaustion from the long meeting with people who, in her opinion had the IQ of stewed rabbits) Integral peered into the paladin's hands.

Resting on the pristine white of Anderson's gloves was a half finished Klingon Bird of Prey.