Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Glory To God ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: BlueMew.

Pairing/Interaction: Wolfe Heinkel and Enrico Maxwell.

----

Glory to God

She had received new orders, but not from Section XIII. Her commander was undoubtedly furious; it was not every day that a member of Iscariot was shown on a reputable news station, shooting young men and women as she shouted praises to God.

The small corridor that led to the entrance of Father Maxwell's office seemed to shrink since her last visit to the commander, and in just a few paces the door was in front of her, slightly ajar so that she could hear Maxwell humming as his pen scratched across paper.

"Father," She breathed in as she heard the humming cease, her words caught in her throat. The newest incident was far worse than a few terrorists and fellow Catholics seeing Iscariot's actions.

"Come in Sister."

As she entered, her confidence returned slightly. Maxwell's eyes were calm and his posture relaxed. "Why have you disobeyed my orders Heinkel?"

She stopped immediately, eyes opening wide in surprise. He didn't know.

"Commander," She stepped closer, "Father Maxwell," she was now resting her hands upon his desk, "Enrico, I have sinned."

Maxwell only raised an eyebrow before chuckling. "Sister, you cannot sin while doing God's work." Raising his right hand, he waved a quick blessing as he turned back to his paperwork. "I expect you to meet with Father Anderson and Sister Takagi to complete your mission. God be with you."

The immediate dismissal was just too much. She had expected the usual rant about how incompetent she was, at how the mission was a failure despite completing the initial objective.

"They say I killed a Catholic; a child of a Deacon, nonetheless. His parents want me tried as a terrorist, or so that is what Section III has told me."

"He was involved with Pagans. You were only doing God's work."

"I am going to be excommunicated!"

The slap of flesh upon wood brought Maxwell's attention back to the woman standing in his office. Heinkel was shaking with rage, her eyes fierce from behind her dark glasses.

He could only smirk.

"Heinkel, you act as if I do not realize the seriousness of the charges being brought against you from this heathen's parents. As Catholics, they should have instilled proper morals and fear in to their child. Our legal teams will sort through this mess, so I would like that you continue with your mission."

"But Section III-"

"I don't give a damn what Section III says!" He was now standing, their faces inches from one another. "You are under MY command Heinkel! Go continue God's work, for the Glory of Him and His Beloved Church!"

With a wink, he returned to his chair, pushing his hair behind his shoulder with his left hand as his right grasped the pen he had been holding earlier.

The nun could only smile as she turned from the office. "I do what I must for the Glory of God."