Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Giving The Lady Chocolates ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Hojo

Pairing/Interaction: Integral Hellsing and Enrico Maxwell

Setting: During the meeting in vol. 4, after the mission in Brazil.

----

Giving the Lady Chocolates

Alucard's entrance caught her off-guard, of course. From the gasps around her, Integra knew it caught the rest of the Round Table unaware as well. She quickly forced a smirk, trying not to give anything away. She was in total control of this meeting. She had organized it, after all, and its purpose was for the Vatican to hand information over to her.

Speaking of the Vatican... She looked over, hoping to catch the insufferable Father Enrico Maxwell gaping in surprise, or having some other suitably amusing reaction. To her disappointment, he was also smirking. Catching her eye, he grinned wider and took a handful of Revels, small chocolates, from the bowl in front of him.

She turned her attention back to Alucard, ordering him to remove his sunglasses before the Queen. As her pet vampire approached the monarch, she felt something small and hard hit her gloved hand. Turning away from Alucard and Elizabeth, she managed to see the second chocolate candy fall to the table after bouncing off her face.

Integra looked across the table in indignation. Enrico grinned at her and flicked another chocolate. She instinctively leaned to the left, and it flew over her right shoulder.

"This can't be happening," Integra thought as she fought to keep her attention on Alucard while he began his report. "He's behaving like a five year old." Another chocolate landed and skidded across her paperwork. Integra looked around, but no one seemed to be taking any notice.

"No, he courts like a five year old," she sighed to herself. She remembered what Walter had said to her in primary school, when several of the boys had teased her: that it was the only way they knew to show affection. How typically Catholic of him, to have no sexual maturity beyond grade school.

After a moment's consideration, she flicked one of the chocolates back at him, catching him squarely in the chin. The surprised look on his face made it worthwhile.

She allowed herself to smile. It wasn't as if she meant anything by it, after all.