Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Omina Vincit Amor ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Mr. Mitts.

Pairing/Interaction: Yumi(ko) Takagi and Enrico Maxwell.

----

Omnia Vincit Amor

The blade at Father Maxwell's throat t'was a type of edge'ed sword. And the more that Maxwell thought of it, the more it was absurd.
It was not the situation; t'was what the blade's wielder did confer-
"You're a heathen bastard cur," said the Sister spitting words, and she tightened up her grip till Maxwell did defer;

"I'm not sure I really understand…"

Sister Yumiko Takagi, although it was not she - was standing there before him, with a sabre to his throat. It glint'd in the moonlight, all beautiful and slow, and she stared him down with eyes that burn'd a tad aglow.

"You know what my better half thinks," she hissed - through teeth all set in angst, and she glower'd from beneath her black and lanky flax. "And I really won't allow it, you Godless pagan tzar - if you think you'll get away with it, I'll gut where you are."
Now Maxwell was bemused by this quick paced turn of times, and he stood there quite befuddled by what was quoth of Yumie's lines.

"What is the meaning of this, Sister Yumie? Put the sword down and"

"No, you listen to me," hissed she, and she pressed the blade still tighter, "You call yourself a Priest - you filth - and preach our proud tradition - but you seem a little friendly with those of feminine persuasion."
"That's quite untrue," said Maxwell, and he leant back a little farther, "Impure thoughts are not a job for followers of Our Master," and even as he spake it the blade came ever closer.
"Well, Yumiko thinks it is the case;" and that shining in her eyes, proved most distressingly to Maxwell that this time he'd surely die. "She likes you, Father Maxwell, and she thinks you like her too and that's not right for God, nor either of you two. She's a sensitive girl, after all that she's gone through - and un-Christian-like charities are something a little taboo."

"This has gone far enough," said Maxwell. He held out his hand. "I'm going to put your glasses back on now, and you'd better not do anything."

"Oh, I'm sure of it, Dear Father," said God's most violent of berserkers, as she stared him straight and true. "But you remember what I said, because the other Sister won't - and if I think you're doing things that's better left to men, then I'll come back here and have another chat with you - straight - all over - again."

Maxwell reached up and over the blade, and pressed his hand to her face, and immediately there was the most obvious sound - the metal clang of bass. The sword did drop and hit the floor, and the Sister did step back, her hand did waver at her face as she took in the bloody hack. "Forgive me," she cried, with tears in her eyes and she did flee from the room…

And Maxwell stood, and touched his throat and said to himself;

"Well, that's the last time I point out the dirt on her lenses."