Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ Old Debts ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
document.write('');

Author: Nayela.

Pairing/Interaction: Helena and Walter K. Dornez.

----

Old Debts

"You have grown."

And you have not, Walter almost said, checking himself just in time.

"Obviously I have not." she replied, and then he remembered. Helena cared little about human courtesy.

With one distant, sweeping gaze she took in everything: the long underground corridor; him watching her; the bucket with Victoria's evening meal he was holding. She walked past him without further ado, towards the stairs, towards the upper part of the house. Walter put down the bucket and followed.

"Why are you here, Helena?" He had never seen the child vampire outside her book-lined sanctuary, yet she moved about Hellsing Manor as though she knew the place. Knew it well.

"Don't worry, Angel of Death. I will not harm anyone."

As if he would allow it. How had she got inside in the first place? Had someone- had Alucard- noticed the intrusion? Was it within her power to do actual harm? One could never tell, with Helena.

"But why are you here?" Walter inquired again.

"To reclaim what is mine." They were in front of the library now. Helena reached for the handle and pushed the double doors open. In the doorframe she turned and gave him a long, world-weary look. "You Humans are so sloppy about returning borrowed books."