Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Contesting Results ❯ It's A Sin ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Puck 3/4.

Pairing/Interaction: Integral Hellsing and Alucard.

Setting: Possible ending for manga events or A/U, otherwise.

----

It's a Sin

"Father forgive me. . . I tried not to do it." Integra's low murmur broke the dead silence in a dark room lit only by prayer candles. Behind her old ghosts filled the pews, they her jury and The Father, her judge.

Hair obscured her face, eyes closed and by some miracle still blue, one less visible aspect, though the distended canines gave away her new condition. "In school they taught me how to be so pure in thought, word and deed. . ." But she'd taken the taint. Integra had to; had she died in the battle- well the world would have suffered under a free Alucard and she couldn't fail so badly and leave nothing. "They didn't quite succeed."

Before the altar, she knelt, under the shadows of a large cross suspended and draped in scarlet. Ironic. Giving up her life for the betterment of her fellow Englishmen, damning herself to defend God and his flock, oh he could draw the parallels from her to the cross, but that would serve nothing more than to anger her, now wouldn't it?

Alucard slipped from the shadows behind her. She felt him materialize, but continued praying. "So I look back upon my life forever with a sense of shame. . ." The female Hellsing. The one who had overestimated herself. Let her stronghold be breached, her men that trusted Integra be turned to ghouls. And now the ruination of London proper, historical buildings smashed, blood tainting the Thames, and it was all her fault. "I've always been the one to blame."

Amusement struck him that she was an Anglican praying in a Catholic Church. Granted it was one of the nearest structures miraculously untouched by the previous fight. And Alucard wanted to defile it. His dark nature curled about the instincts of his mind and body, how enticing Integra looked kneeling, the two faint punctures on her neck devoid of blood visible with her head bowed in submission. His mark. Her blood burning through his veins.

"Master. ." And finally spoke, tone low, edged in a growl of hunger. Integra's eyes opened and she glanced over her shoulder at him, rising, one step higher than Alucard, equal in height. Even now, his power was hers to control. Integra burned with that knowledge. "Master. ." he said again, stepping forward. Her functionless breath caught, perhaps it was his blood in her veins. Or the freedom.

"Not here. . .it's a holy place," Her voice contained, only an edge of harshness.

He chuckled. "It's Catholic." And moved forward, catching her between the altar and his body.

She sidestepped and turned, reversing her position to that of dominance. Catholic? So it was. Dark amusement etched her features and fingers ensnared the lapels of that Victorian coat. "For everything I long to do, no matter when or where or who, has one thing in common, too."

Bending him back over the altar, her lips brushed his as she finished her prayer, "It's a sin."